Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What was your opinion about One Piece before you started watching it and why did you started watching it?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2023 3:03 AM
Jan 2023
Here I was curious to see why people call this goat & most importantly, I was interested in seeing why it took 25 years for one piece to reach final saga.
And boy rest is history
Feb 8, 2023 3:22 AM
Sep 2022
shash_sama18 said:
CyberAkira said:
There was no reason i just wanted to watch it before i die but the main reason I started it on 30/9/2022 was because of a controversy between Youtubers in my country (INDIA) they said something like"you have to give your entire life to finish one piece(mainly bcuz of 1000+ eps)" something like this and some Youtubers of my country who have caught up to One Piece said "who are you to judge,you haven't even watch one ep of one piece don't spread hate towards one anime etc" something like this
yea this is the main reason I started watching it "I'll decide if a anime is good or bad" not some Youtubers
Information: some PPL might say which Youtuber was it.It was a podcast ( 4people)
Information no.2: started one piece at 30 sept 2022 and now I am on ep 637 no regrets

Thank you for reading this far and if there is grammatical mistakes please spare me and bye

That controversy was result of an immature OP fandom developing in India just like we had Naruto toxic fandom in the past

They got triggered just because they couldn't handle sarcasm

Thanks for your understanding
and btw no hate for Naruto but most of the people in India stop at Naruto and doesn't grow future and i hope after getting the "Naruto dub" more people will realise that anime is different and appreciate the media and embrace it
And I hope that people don't stop at Naruto and see more anime and explore other genre and in the end I only wanna say one thing if you wanna make somebody a anime fan then first make them a (tei hen fan those who gets it gets it) I recommend this bcuz I already made somebody a anime fans this way and now he's at csm 4th ep

Thank you for reading this far and bye
Feb 8, 2023 4:23 AM
May 2022
This was a long time ago so i have a vague memory of this but i think my opinion on one piece wasn't a negative one. I was just amazed by the number of episodes it had and i hesitated starting it because of that, but i thought to myself that one day i'm gonna watch it anyway so i started that day. To this day i still consider this to be my best decision in life.
Feb 8, 2023 5:51 AM

Dec 2014
monkeydpic said:
Elvy said:
I vaguely remember watching One Piece as a kid and thinking the idea of pirates searching for some grand treasure was a dope idea for a cartoon. I completely forgot about it for about 10 years after that though.

The only reason I even watched it was because when I was in high school one of my friends would blast the 4kids intro of all things through his xbox headset. So instead of studying for my final high school exams I said fuck it ill watch this shit, had no idea what anime even was or how long One Piece was. I was hooked after Arlong Park and 300 english dub episodes later I was addicted. Needless to say I became a weeb shortly after that. 

but you dropped Goat Piece after 96 eps and gave it a 4🥱 Your opinion doesn't even matter you call yourself a weeb

Not that it really matters but the anime is terrible IMO, still idk if you just completely missed the fact that I have the manga in my favs but whatever.
Feb 8, 2023 7:35 AM

Oct 2021
I didn't have a lot of interest in watching it at first because I just thought it was another typical shounen, but after talking to a friend who, has a pretty similar taste in anime to me, he convinced me to try watching it and I fell in love with it almost instantly and that kept me going.
Feb 8, 2023 7:49 AM
May 2021
I really cant have an valid opinion on a series that i didnt have watched, but i started it cuz i had so much time on summer like 2 months free time nothing to do, favourite arc sabaody archipelago
Feb 8, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2020
I didn’t really think of it much, until I watched a fight scene between luffy and lucchi during Enies lobby. That immediately won me over and I started watching it at the beginning of last year. Currently I’m almost caught up, the beginning of the Onigashima arc (ep 1025)
Feb 8, 2023 11:09 AM
Mar 2022
Just started, about halfway through with Alabasta, and I love it already. Naruto was my first anime, but I wasn't a One Piece hater, I was just steered away because of the episode number. But here I am, 79 episodes in after around 1 week of starting it. Started watching it because its the last big 3 I haven't seen, plus I keep seeing how amazing Wano looks and it made me want to catch up.
Feb 8, 2023 11:50 AM

Mar 2021
The same as at the beginning, it is a great show but it has many moments where nothing really happens and it is pure filler
Feb 8, 2023 11:38 PM
Mar 2022
Before I started from episode 1, I first saw a youtube video of square giraffe vs zoro and thought it looked like I might be too old to be the target audience.
Then I just said screw it and started watching from the beginning and it reminded me of other old-timey cartoons at first and got me to continue watching from the style of humour.
Right now though, I feel like everything is a bit long-winded and stretched out and it feels like the humour has faded to the background.
Feb 8, 2023 11:45 PM

May 2021
JoN- said:
I really cant have an valid opinion on a series that i didnt have watched, but i started it cuz i had so much time on summer like 2 months free time nothing to do, favourite arc sabaody archipelago

You should have watched something better like bleach and op was peak when i hadn't watched it and mid after watching it...
Feb 8, 2023 11:54 PM

Oct 2020
i kept hearing how great of a show it was, so i just said "why not give it a shot".
it did take me a while to give it a go, since i was one of the "but it's so long" type of people
Feb 9, 2023 10:50 PM
Nov 2018
Gonna be honest with everyone, I was one of the people who believed it wasn't worth watching One Piece due to how long it'd become....but then the 1000th episode came out, with the special 1000th episode opening, and I knew I wanted to try.

I tried starting One Piece on multiple occasions, never making it past the first episode, but then one day, I decided to give it my all and keep going. One year and 676 episodes later, I'm now on Dressrosa, and One Piece is one of my favorite animes of all time
Feb 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Feb 2023
Before watching: they touted it off to me that it has dedicated anime team pouring all their hearts into it. Anime in general seldom keeps it's quality past episode 10 at Best!!!

After watching:  opening episode is a different breed from the latter. And a buzz kill for the rest of the following episodes these creative teams are abandoning ship too often trying to build up a bunch of glittery badges (the anime titles that they get involved with)
Feb 10, 2023 9:16 AM
Feb 2022
was bored one day, always saw it on crunchyroll on the home page so decided to give it a watch.
Feb 10, 2023 1:34 PM
Dec 2022
Before watching it I said I would never watch OP because it was so long and I thought the style seemed ridiculous and that Luffy was annoying (dubbed) Eventually I started seeing a lot of clips on YouTube that were really funny or cool and Zoro always seemed like a really awesome character. Now I'm watching it and I actually really like how the style contributes to the vibe and humor. I think Luffy is really funny (he's not nearly as annoying subbed) and I like the characters a lot.
Feb 10, 2023 4:36 PM
Feb 2023
I had never watched an anime before and my friends were insisting me on watching it but I refused because anime was really weird to me at the time. After about a month of my friends trying to get me to watch it I caved in and watched it one night in August 2021. I finished the anime and had caught up the the manga by April 2022.
Feb 10, 2023 11:18 PM
Feb 2023
Old men, is our girlfriend still alive?
She and I are in the same university, she loves to shoot Tiktok, she has a cheerful personality, very lively and cute. I like her very much. The first time I saw her, I met him in a dream. If you don’t like the content of the dream, I won’t talk about it. I often show her photos to my friends and ask them who is this beauty? Isn’t it super good-looking? They always tease me and tell me that if I like it, I will have sex. Of course I also want to, but the more I like the person, the less I dare to contact her. I am such a person. At the end of last year, I posted a post on Facebook, yo, I happened to see her replying to me with a like, I took the opportunity to chat with her, from gossip to games, then to relationship history and back to games, yes, that’s right, We all love to play games. Oddly enough, what often brings two people closer together can also be the cause of a breakup. That night I invited her to play the LOL mobile game together. I played the game very well, and she praised me repeatedly for my wonderful performance in the game. For the next three days, we played games together. I took her to the top, chatted with her, and learned about each other's hobbies, interests, etc. During the period, it can be said that we were like glue, and we had to chat for a long time every day. On December 14th, I asked her to watch a Marvel movie. When I saw her at the subway station, she was as good-looking as the photo. At this moment, how I wish I was the heroine of an action movie I have seen before, And she is the heroine, the scene in the dream suddenly hit me, I could only forcefully suppress my impulse, but she didn't notice anything strange about me. When watching a movie, I pretended to be asleep and leaned my head quietly on her shoulder. I clearly remember everything that happened that day, the location where we watched the movie, the barbecue we ate together, the milk tea I bought for her...It's over After all the entertainment activities, I sent her back. We had to take a taxi for 30 yuan and we just walked back.When I asked her to play the game the next day, she said that she was playing a game called Fairy Cat Game, and she could make money every day, 5U a day. In fact, I was not very interested in the game she mentioned, and she didn’t know about it. At this moment, I only have her sweet smile, her graceful figure, and her supple skin in my heart. Young girls always make people think about it, and I am no exception. I listened to her introducing the game, but I didn't listen to anything. I responded to her with a smile and chatted for a long time. Afterwards, we went on a few more dates, and walked the road we talked about a few more times. It was still the same impulsive feeling that night, and the nervous throbbing when we first met. Finally, this time I sent her off. I grabbed her hand on the last road, and my heartbeat seemed to miss a beat at that moment. Guess what, she didn’t refuse. At that time, my mood was like the happy feeling of Bitcoin rising from 4,000 to 30,000. I don't know if ironies can understand, can they? After returning to the dormitory, they quickly confirmed their relationship through video calls. You know, a life of sexual happiness is about to begin.
Finally, we are together. You don’t like to hear about the shameless and impetuous life. I will omit 10,000 words here. In short, she is beautiful and I am very happy. But a happy life is always short-lived. After being together for a long time, I always feel that something is missing. There is no previous impulse, nor the happiness of the first time.
It's strange to say that what often makes two people feel closer is also likely to be the cause of breakup. Then something happened, let us never go back to the past
Feb 11, 2023 1:07 AM
Jan 2022
FLBM21 said:
Old men, is our girlfriend still alive?
She and I are in the same university, she loves to shoot Tiktok, she has a cheerful personality, very lively and cute. I like her very much. The first time I saw her, I met him in a dream. If you don’t like the content of the dream, I won’t talk about it. I often show her photos to my friends and ask them who is this beauty? Isn’t it super good-looking? They always tease me and tell me that if I like it, I will have sex. Of course I also want to, but the more I like the person, the less I dare to contact her. I am such a person. At the end of last year, I posted a post on Facebook, yo, I happened to see her replying to me with a like, I took the opportunity to chat with her, from gossip to games, then to relationship history and back to games, yes, that’s right, We all love to play games. Oddly enough, what often brings two people closer together can also be the cause of a breakup. That night I invited her to play the LOL mobile game together. I played the game very well, and she praised me repeatedly for my wonderful performance in the game. For the next three days, we played games together. I took her to the top, chatted with her, and learned about each other's hobbies, interests, etc. During the period, it can be said that we were like glue, and we had to chat for a long time every day. On December 14th, I asked her to watch a Marvel movie. When I saw her at the subway station, she was as good-looking as the photo. At this moment, how I wish I was the heroine of an action movie I have seen before, And she is the heroine, the scene in the dream suddenly hit me, I could only forcefully suppress my impulse, but she didn't notice anything strange about me. When watching a movie, I pretended to be asleep and leaned my head quietly on her shoulder. I clearly remember everything that happened that day, the location where we watched the movie, the barbecue we ate together, the milk tea I bought for her...It's over After all the entertainment activities, I sent her back. We had to take a taxi for 30 yuan and we just walked back.When I asked her to play the game the next day, she said that she was playing a game called Fairy Cat Game, and she could make money every day, 5U a day. In fact, I was not very interested in the game she mentioned, and she didn’t know about it. At this moment, I only have her sweet smile, her graceful figure, and her supple skin in my heart. Young girls always make people think about it, and I am no exception. I listened to her introducing the game, but I didn't listen to anything. I responded to her with a smile and chatted for a long time. Afterwards, we went on a few more dates, and walked the road we talked about a few more times. It was still the same impulsive feeling that night, and the nervous throbbing when we first met. Finally, this time I sent her off. I grabbed her hand on the last road, and my heartbeat seemed to miss a beat at that moment. Guess what, she didn’t refuse. At that time, my mood was like the happy feeling of Bitcoin rising from 4,000 to 30,000. I don't know if ironies can understand, can they? After returning to the dormitory, they quickly confirmed their relationship through video calls. You know, a life of sexual happiness is about to begin.
Finally, we are together. You don’t like to hear about the shameless and impetuous life. I will omit 10,000 words here. In short, she is beautiful and I am very happy. But a happy life is always short-lived. After being together for a long time, I always feel that something is missing. There is no previous impulse, nor the happiness of the first time.
It's strange to say that what often makes two people feel closer is also likely to be the cause of breakup. Then something happened, let us never go back to the past

Where’s the part where you two watch one piece together??
Feb 11, 2023 6:36 AM
Mar 2022
I thought of it as a pirate anime I'd maybe watch
Feb 11, 2023 7:13 AM

Jul 2021
One piece was my second anime to watch (My first was Death Note) and one of my friends told me about it and i was like naahh this show is tall af (it was 901 episode back then)
but he was talking about how great it is and how epic battles and well written characters it has so i told him alright i'll give it a shot and ohh boyyy: the openings, the osts, the characters, the map, everything was perfect from the very beginnig to the very end, it's been a year and half a year since i started, i'm on the episode 915 and i'm really glad that i gave it a shot and it's now my favourite anime and i thing it's the best anime ever made
Feb 15, 2023 7:01 PM
Jan 2022
I used to be a Naruto fan
I hated one piece fans and because of a friend of mine believed that one piece was bad
i wanted to prove that Naruto was better than one piece logically so I started watching it
and well did my opinion change ......
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» The most attractive person in the show? ( 1 2 )

tommygunn34 - Sep 17

83 by TheSunLife »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 201 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 13, 2009

31 by Titanfan93 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 200 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranivus - Oct 9, 2008

61 by Titanfan93 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

62 by Astrollyth »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 689 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Irene - Apr 18, 2015

55 by Kuramaki »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.