Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 17, 2022 4:23 PM
Jul 2020
leonardobarba said:
RogerCop said:
I would normally agreed with you, but at least 10 people died and everyone loves conspiracies nowadays.

It's literally impossible to cover up without the writers help.

Believe me, it still happens nowadays...

No, you aren't able to cover up mutiple random people deaths, you are going to come after their families, their friends, their families friends, their friends families families...
This is international, it happened on day light and the internet isn't restricted, from what I remember.
Sep 17, 2022 4:25 PM
Apr 2022
Piromysl said:
Elevatorisbest said:

Difference is, LycoReco takes place in 21st century where fuckton of people can mass record and tweet stuff in 30 seconds, while in those times Radio was still a fairly new tech for majority of the population, not to mention that the fastest communication method of that time was either a cable phone or a telegraph, which fun fact - wouldn't transmit pictures or videos and so couldn't really proof that this was 100% real right away

But in 21st century people are way dumber than ever in recorded history.

Finally, someone is making sense. Technology has not sharpened our senses, it has numbed them and the result is an overwhelming lack of common sense. Tide pod challenge, cinnamon challenge, blackout challenge, etc. we have been getting dumber with each passing generation lol.
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
You don’t really understand how propaganda works, do you? You realize if tomorrow, every newspaper and television and radio station and website affiliate proclaimed that aliens were invading earth, the overwhelming majority would eat it up? That’s what is so powerful about controlling the media. You control information, and if nobody has anything else to compare it to, your information becomes “truth”. That is what Majima is even fighting against: DA’s iron grip on the media and controlling the narrative to cover up their exploits.

That might have worked in 85,but in this morden era it's impossible to cover something on this scale.
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
Piromysl said:

But in 21st century people are way dumber than ever in recorded history.

Finally, someone is making sense. Technology has not sharpened our senses, it has numbed them and the result is an overwhelming lack of common sense. Tide pod challenge, cinnamon challenge, blackout challenge, etc. we have been getting dumber with each passing generation lol.

Mate, that's like 15% of the population.
Sep 17, 2022 4:27 PM
Apr 2022
RogerCop said:
thunderkitten667 said:
You don’t really understand how propaganda works, do you? You realize if tomorrow, every newspaper and television and radio station and website affiliate proclaimed that aliens were invading earth, the overwhelming majority would eat it up? That’s what is so powerful about controlling the media. You control information, and if nobody has anything else to compare it to, your information becomes “truth”. That is what Majima is even fighting against: DA’s iron grip on the media and controlling the narrative to cover up their exploits.

That might have worked in 85,but in this morden era it's impossible to cover something on this scale.

If you truly believe that, I feel sorry for you. If you think you are the smartest one in the room, you are the easiest to predict and fool...
Sep 17, 2022 4:27 PM
Jul 2020
CickNipolla said:
Have you been living under a rock since 2016? Humans will listen to anything the media/internet says

No they won't, have you seen the amount of conspiracies that exist, and with people actually dead, it's not unlikely that about 70% of the population won't believe in the news, at least without the writers help.
Sep 17, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2022
I’ve been suspending my disbelief the entire season as is par for the course when watching anime but now it’s just turn your brain off with how this show is stumbling across the finish line.
Sep 17, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2020
RogerCop said:
CickNipolla said:
Have you been living under a rock since 2016? Humans will listen to anything the media/internet says

No they won't, have you seen the amount of conspiracies that exist, and with people actually dead, it's not unlikely that about 70% of the population won't believe in the news, at least without the writers help.

if on CNN a brief few hour live feed of terrorism happened... and within hours the government covered it all up, people would forget about it. in this show the government has the ability to delete anything off the face of the earth. the government has been lying to people for decades, citizens will believe anything
Sep 17, 2022 4:31 PM

Jan 2009
really people are underestimating fake news and big lie
Sep 17, 2022 4:32 PM
Oct 2021
RogerCop said:
Secret333 said:

The numbers above easily reach more than 100k, what’s even funnier is you implied that the DA was the biggest terrorist organization in the world.

“Asian culture are more collectivist so they follow herd mentality more” -deg

Now this is what I call a bruh moment.

Is this an alt account?

Why would I be an alt account?
Sep 17, 2022 4:32 PM
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
RogerCop said:

If you truly believe that, I feel sorry for you. If you think you are the smartest one in the room, you are the easiest to predict and fool...

You never been to a conspiracy community have you?

You're severely underestimating the impact of killing people on daylight in the street with a public.
Sep 17, 2022 4:33 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
Easy way to explain this: people are actually this dumb and we underestimate how stupid and complicit we all are.
Sep 17, 2022 4:34 PM
Apr 2022
CickNipolla said:

I think people have been living inside of their smart phones instead of rocks lol. They think everything is as they read or hear on the internet, that everything can be taken at face value just because they see a video or read a police report.
Sep 17, 2022 4:34 PM
Jul 2020
CickNipolla said:
RogerCop said:

if on CNN a brief few hour live feed of terrorism happened... and within hours the government covered it all up, people would forget about it. in this show the government has the ability to delete anything off the face of the earth. the government has been lying to people for decades, citizens will believe anything

You're confusing the situation.
The better comparison would be if terrorists attack the center of New York in the daylight, blew upped a few buildings and the news would say it was a Michael Bay movie.
Sep 17, 2022 4:35 PM
Jul 2020
Secret333 said:
RogerCop said:

Is this an alt account?

I just thought since you had a pretty good understanding of the bad writing shown, you would have an older account.
Sep 17, 2022 4:35 PM
Apr 2022
MusashiKarlsefni said:
Easy way to explain this: people are actually this dumb and we underestimate how stupid and complicit we all are.

It is funny how people are trying to give more credit to humans than they deserve, as if we don’t slaughter each other with every passing minute. We literally have been through two world wars lol.
thunderkitten13Sep 17, 2022 4:40 PM
Sep 17, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2009
MusashiKarlsefni said:

exactly we are social beings trap in herd mentality

plus this show is not about realism but exaggeration so we have superhuman chisato and a secret police state
Sep 17, 2022 4:39 PM
Apr 2022
RogerCop said:
thunderkitten667 said:

15% of the population unknowingly destroying their bodies...you realize that is the epitome of stupidity, right? That’s worse than ignorance.
Sep 17, 2022 4:40 PM
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
RogerCop said:

15% of the population unknowingly destroying their bodies...you realize that is the epitome of stupidity, right? That’s worse than ignorance.

That leaves about 65% people with common sense.
Sep 17, 2022 4:40 PM
Dec 2021
People will believe what sounds most ideal for them. For the civilians of Japan, they will believe it was a viral ad campaign because they want to live in a safe Japan.
Sep 17, 2022 4:41 PM
Jul 2020
MusashiKarlsefni said:

People died, families will have to be very dumb to believe the news.
Sep 17, 2022 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
RogerCop said:
thunderkitten667 said:

Those stats are horrible if you are trying to support your claim lol...
Sep 17, 2022 4:43 PM
Oct 2021
RogerCop said:
Secret333 said:

I just thought since you had a pretty good understanding of the bad writing shown, you would have an older account.

Oh, nah I just never bothered to create an account or discuss shows since the beginning. I’ve been watching anime since 2012. And I’m just lazy to add all the shows I’ve watched. They don’t tend to be relevant to whatever new show I talk about.

May 2022
RogerCop said:
CickNipolla said:

The better comparison would be if terrorists attack the center of New York in the daylight, blew upped a few buildings and the news would say it was a Michael Bay movie.

I’ll give you a better comparison. For 12 weeks a lot of people, myself included were tricked into thinking we were watching a good anime when in reality it was a dumpster fire. At least it has cute girls!
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
MusashiKarlsefni said:

It is funny how people are trying to give more credit to humans than they deserve, as if we don’t slaughter each other with every passing minute. We literally have been through two world wars lol.

Every single person in the war was evil, selfish, desperate, foolish... But not dumb.
Sep 17, 2022 4:45 PM
Jul 2020
thunderkitten667 said:
RogerCop said:

Those stats are horrible if you are trying to support your claim lol...

I specifically used a lesser percentage since of drug users and what not.
Sep 17, 2022 4:47 PM
Jul 2020
Fivegears said:
People will believe what sounds most ideal for them. For the civilians of Japan, they will believe it was a viral ad campaign because they want to live in a safe Japan.

That might be true if their friend wasn't shoot in the head.
Sep 17, 2022 4:50 PM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
RogerCop said:

I’ll give you a better comparison. For 12 weeks a lot of people, myself included were tricked into thinking we were watching a good anime when in reality it was a dumpster fire. At least it has cute girls!

Never liked this anime, people calling it the jonh wick of Anime particularly infuriated me.
Sep 17, 2022 4:56 PM

May 2022
RogerCop said:
CHT13 said:

Never liked this anime, people calling it the jonh wick of Anime particularly infuriated me.

When I heard about it being an anime original I was worried. Tbh, right from the beginning the plot was pretty dumb and moss head as the antagonist was laughable. I stuck around because I like Chisato’s personality and Takina started to grow on me as the season went along.
Sep 17, 2022 4:58 PM
Sep 2021
there's definitely some people who still won't believe tho and to me that is very realistic
Sep 17, 2022 4:59 PM
Jan 2021
RogerCop said:
DeeDubz12 said:

That’s 10% too many

Agreed, but not enough to cover up this kind of incident.

The people that choose to remain ignorant will do so and those that decide to speak up will be silenced or made to look like tin foil helmet people to maintain the illusion of peace. Makes sense in the context of the show tbh
Sep 17, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2022
DeeDubz12 said:
RogerCop said:

The people that choose to remain ignorant will do so and those that decide to speak up will be silenced or made to look like tin foil helmet people to maintain the illusion of peace. Makes sense in the context of the show tbh

Yeah but even for an anime it should still be a bit of a fallout until the government cleans up the mess and fully covers it up. Not just a short video. Also, we don’t know yet if regular people will still be questioning it next episode. If it’s completely put to rest than that’s pretty weak.
Sep 17, 2022 5:09 PM

May 2020
RogerCop said:
CickNipolla said:

with how marketing is these days, its entirely possible.
Sep 17, 2022 5:13 PM
Jan 2021
Could be an intereesting setup for a second season, seeing how they deal with fall out would be cool to see. I think chisato is marked for death so dont think the show will hit the same without her
Sep 17, 2022 5:14 PM
Jul 2020
CHT13 said:
RogerCop said:

When I heard about it being an anime original I was worried. Tbh, right from the beginning the plot was pretty dumb and moss head as the antagonist was laughable. I stuck around because I like Chisato’s personality and Takina started to grow on me as the season went along.

Funny, the only character I like was the broccoli hair, since I really don't like the main duo.

Chisato breaks my suspension of desbelif and takina is just annoying, not following orders.

So I find a lot more fun seeing a green terminator guy beating the crap out of a high school girl.
Sep 17, 2022 5:15 PM
Jul 2020
DeeDubz12 said:
RogerCop said:

Would make sense if people didn't died.
Sep 17, 2022 5:16 PM
Jul 2020
CickNipolla said:
RogerCop said:

with how marketing is these days, its entirely possible.

I'm going to say that my example is impossible to cover up with Michael Bay, since them they would have evacuated the citizens and no one would be killed.

So it'd still impossible to cover up.
Sep 17, 2022 5:26 PM

May 2022
RogerCop said:
CHT13 said:

Funny, the only character I like was the broccoli hair, since I really don't like the main duo.

Chisato breaks my suspension of desbelif and takina is just annoying, not following orders.

So I find a lot more fun seeing a green terminator guy beating the crap out of a high school girl.

I remember when chia pet survived a rocket launcher blast, I was like “that’s total BS” meanwhile I was perfectly fine with Chisato dodging point plank bullets. Bias in full force!
Sep 17, 2022 5:32 PM
Feb 2019
nah “ they put way too much money into that” was hilarious
Sep 17, 2022 6:10 PM
May 2020
The fact that civilians died makes what happened completely unbelievable.
Sep 17, 2022 6:15 PM
Jan 2022
Elevatorisbest said:
As much as I loved the new episode, I find it hard to believe that all the civilians decided to simultanously change their minds and thought that Lycoris and all the shootings along with the fight at the Tower was just a big prank just because some short tv announcement told them so.

I was hyped to see how the story would unfold after Lycoris got shown to the public, how their shootout was broadcasted live everywhere and how civilians started to pick up and fire stashed Lycoris pistols, but bruh, that felt so anticlimatic to me.

Anyone feels kinda similar about this or is it just me?

dunno man, seems like an accurate representation of average people in society
Sep 17, 2022 6:28 PM
Mar 2020
Clearly you guys have never read Julius Caesar
Sep 17, 2022 7:22 PM
Jan 2020
The pacing is kind of odd in that Lycoris is exposed and then its undone I think the next day?
But I think it’s perfectly believable when you consider
a) Lycoris has a pre-established system for manipulating the media
b) based on the real world we can assume that there would be “Lycoris truthers” out there but they wouldn’t be taken seriously
c) spreading footage and eyewitness accounts of them actually helps hide the truth due to the overwhelming amount of information (think Metal Gear Solid 2)
The show probably could’ve handled this subplot better but for a show with a crazy premise and only 13 episodes I think it’s fine
Sep 17, 2022 7:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Was looking forward to having the stakes raised high and the city ablaze in gunfire, but "it's just a prank bro" is nice too I guess

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 17, 2022 7:38 PM
May 2021
Elevatorisbest said:
Piromysl said:
Friendly reminder, that in 1938 people really thought US was invaded by aliens because audio drama was airing on radio and it caused wide panic.

Difference is, LycoReco takes place in 21st century where fuckton of people can mass record and tweet stuff in 30 seconds, while in those times Radio was still a fairly new tech for majority of the population, not to mention that the fastest communication method of that time was either a cable phone or a telegraph, which fun fact - wouldn't transmit pictures or videos and so couldn't really proof that this was 100% real right away

They never experienced any proper crime cases, mate.
Even Majima explained that in Episode 10. They're manipulated & used because they never experienced actual crimes.
Sep 17, 2022 7:55 PM
Jun 2020
Lets just say this series requires some level of suspension of disbelief. I fckin gave up on thinking about the logic of this series after episode 1 man.

And because of that I am enjoying this show so much.
Sep 17, 2022 9:06 PM

Jun 2022
This is not the first time something dumb is shown on this anime.

i am not even shock at this point already.

Logical sense seems to be missing.

Sep 17, 2022 9:07 PM
Aug 2021
Either lycorris fans don't use their brain or they don't have it in the first place.
Sep 17, 2022 9:44 PM
Sep 2020
You people seems that don't live in a black ops Country and you should thank that... But it is very credible... Will be lots of people that don't buy the story, but will be overwhealmed with the ones that do, the bots that push the narrative and the media covering absolutely anything but that
Sep 17, 2022 10:14 PM
Aug 2021
Yeah. Kinda unrealistic for the coverup to work. Like, literal gun fights in front of them.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

122 by six20 »»
Jun 8, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

445 by Shocked »»
May 27, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

284 by SuperAdventure »»
May 15, 8:31 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2022

209 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2022

222 by SuperAdventure »»
May 11, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.