Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 11, 2022 11:15 AM
Jun 2020
I loved the movie but the series is much better!
Apr 11, 2022 3:28 PM
Dec 2021
this movie is probably my favourite. i loved silent voice and your name, but this one had me in tears
Apr 11, 2022 4:40 PM
Sep 2020
LordSozin said:
Osquitis said:
I don't exactly get what you mean. Violet didn't regressed as you said, she just developed and had a brighter future. She is finally going to live happyly every after with the man she loves. I don't understand why you'd even think is disgusting. Maybe you've obliged yourself to watch so much anime you're a little brain dead. I don't understand how can you even have mean score of 4.50. It's like as if you're not liking the majority of the series you watch.

For the entirety of its existence, Violet Evergarden is about moving on from the past. It advocated for the message of self-discovery. That's what Violet's job as a doll was to other customers of the company. I expected Violet to go through the same process. But she didn't. This final film implied Violet didn't move on and find her own place in the world, it was the opposite.

That's what I hated the most about this film.

I also saw the person she admired as a figure, not a lover. Idk, it doesn't sit right with me, to say the least.

I don't think it's braindead to have this perception.

I completely agree with you. I loved the themes of moving on and self-discovery and the movie completely crushes that aspect in the movie. It makes episode 10 of the tv series less impactful for me. I even put the tv series in my favorites because of how beautiful I thought the themes mixed with the animation and soundtrack were.
Apr 11, 2022 9:04 PM
Dec 2020
I honestly don’t know how I felt about this movie… like…. It was made very well but I feel like the ending in the series was enough closure and would have shown how she has grown. Also it would have been a change of pace bc in most films now the plot always ends the way the mc originally wished, instead of having to get past it and growing as a person,which is the reason I like this show bc its so bittersweet. BUT this movie is still one of my faves despite its contributions to the series.
Apr 12, 2022 4:45 AM
Dec 2021
Definetely my #1 Movie!

And for those who say they hated it or something like this: don't judge by your expectations, it will never match with the actual thing. Just accept it as it is. Same goes for everything else in life.

Plus I don't know if anybody is taking into account the fact that this movie was released after KyoAni studio suffered the devastating arson attack in July 2019. And just after 1 year and 9 months still they managed to complete the whole Violet Evergarden series with such a masterpiece.
Apr 12, 2022 7:08 AM
Mar 2021
LordSozin said:
I hate this movie. A film that regressed everything that Violet went through as a character. Visually appealing, narratively illogical, and disgusting to a degree.

Honestly, I don't blame you.

it PISSED. ME. OFF.

like it seemed so out of place and wrong to have her virtually go backwards in development. Her entire arc in the series was meant to be her perspective on moving on from loss/grief, which it did pretty damn well at.

The violet we saw in this movie is the violet from ep 2-4 in the series - Frustrating to say the least

That aside, taking this film as a STAND-ALONE film seemed to do it for me. The production quality still remained brilliant, the OST and Visuals were stunning, and it had some of the characters that I came to love. When I tried to see this movie as *not canon* I seemed to enjoy it more, hence the high rating.

In Retrospect, its not a bad film by any means. Its bad in the context of what happened in the series prior, so if you can sort of blank it out, then the enjoyment comes back.

Its in my top 5 movies. Probably at no. 5 if nowhere else
Apr 13, 2022 4:01 AM
Dec 2019
#1 was just perfect for me
Apr 25, 2022 12:57 PM
May 2019
10/10 from me.. All the heartless cynics that said they hated it should jump off a cliff. We don't need your type existing anymore because the world is cold enough. Top 5 for certain!
Yui_Suzumiya69Apr 27, 2022 6:51 AM
Apr 26, 2022 10:43 AM
Jan 2020
#20 I guess this film was good but the twist was stupid and cliché ( very bad writing)
May 14, 2022 5:22 AM
Mar 2021
eclipsesonic said:
Assuming of course, it is on your list to begin with.

For me, it's my new favourite No. 1 when it comes to Anime films. I can't see anything else beating it any time soon.
I have watched 5 movies
Your name
Silent voice
Spirited away
Weathering with you
Violet evergarden gaiden
This one

I like all equally except weathering with you which is repetition of your name slight twist in the context
May 16, 2022 1:25 AM

Oct 2018
Two words; A FANSERVICE GARBAGE.

I honestly don't know why everyone like this movie. As much as I love the series, this movie was garbage and it pissed me off. The point of the whole story was to find Violet her emotions and understanding a human life. But that motherfucking part of the movie when they lived happily ever after with Gilbert sucked ass. It's like Violet was stucked in the past and destroyed her character development.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
May 20, 2022 12:36 AM

Jan 2021
It's in the top 5, for me.
May 28, 2022 10:04 PM

May 2022
ChitandaEru123 said:
eclipsesonic said:
Assuming of course, it is on your list to begin with.

For me, it's my new favourite No. 1 when it comes to Anime films. I can't see anything else beating it any time soon.
I have watched 5 movies
Your name
Silent voice
Spirited away
Weathering with you
Violet evergarden gaiden
This one

I like all equally except weathering with you which is repetition of your name slight twist in the context

Should include I Want To Eat Your Pancreas to that list eventually. Probably my second favorite after A silent voice.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aku_mado - Sep 18, 2020

325 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 13, 6:32 PM

» Romance between gilbert and violet ( 1 2 )

NaCreamy - May 7, 2021

75 by Arminken »»
May 3, 2:42 AM

» The ending is horrible in my opinion ( 1 2 3 )

GRG3 - Sep 3, 2023

104 by EntireInternet »»
Mar 24, 2:33 PM

» Usagi Drop similarities (spoiler)

RealNath - Jan 26

14 by veroubri »»
Jan 27, 5:36 AM

» Should I watch the movie or TV show first?

Damon_dinh - Aug 9, 2023

29 by Ronaldthompson »»
Oct 15, 2023 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.