Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2021 3:55 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
KaiserWilhelm_II said:
I have a question about the criminal thing... would you do this for any type of crime? I mean CP is pretty awful but think about minor offences like breaking the speed limit or weed consumption.
Definitely not for every type of criminal. There are several things, for example, that are illegal in Japan but not where I live. Most of those, as a result, I wouldn't really care about
My greatest contribution to this website:
Dec 6, 2021 4:03 AM

Nov 2020
Kii_Ibarra said:
I rate anything created by a criminal 1
If I drop a show mid-episode, I count that as an episode seen
I rate based on enjoyment
I use the tags to show my brief thoughts on the series
I favorite characters I like from games who happen to have been in an anime/manga, even though I haven't seen their anime/manga adaptations yet

I'm pretty sure none of those are how the site's meant to be used, but whatever. And I advise everyone keep using the site however is convenient for themselves :)

I don't think that the way you rate is not how it's meant to be used rather I believe that's EXACTLY how it's intended to be used and SHOULD be used. The other points though, I agree with.
Dec 6, 2021 4:16 AM

Sep 2020
eli_shmeli said:
elnino02 said:
Just do what feels right for you, it's your list after all. I use 'tags' to write short reviews and 'priority' to make a hierarchy of titles with the same rating, and I'm positive that's not what they were made for. We all have our little idiosyncrasies, and it would be boring to conform to a given standard.

the priority one is interesting, cause Clannad is always above Bunny Girl in my list even tho it should be the other way around. I doubt I'll actually implement it but it's a good idea, I definitely haven't heard of that before
Honestly, I'm still not sure what priority is for, I think it's for prioritising stuff on PTW lists (I do use it for that too). But I got fed up of having all my watched titles set to 'low' priority, and decided to adopt that system for anime of the same rating (like how Hyouka is a low 8 and 3gatsu is a high 8 - they're definitely not at the same level for me). So that worked out pretty well.

eli_shmeli said:
indrawn said:
use myanimelist however you want, just don't piss off the mods

the mods check my list
"AH HELL NAH, HE DROPPED GEASS, GET HIM OUTTA HERE"
Lmao, I guess that means they probably don't like Code Geass either.
That being said, if I were a mod, I'd seriously consider banning you for dropping Cowboy Bebop (I'm kidding).
Dec 6, 2021 4:17 AM

Jul 2021
it is my anime list not your anime list, rate everything 1 drop every show, abuse them in your personal tags in your list. rate everything 10. it is yours it is your life make it large..*list sorry..lol...also if someone argues you about that. just means that they regret taking birth in this world and now they are quarreling to satisfy themselves in their own world of make believe
Dec 6, 2021 4:24 AM

Sep 2021
you're free to use it how you wish, it's your list at the end of the day
Dec 6, 2021 4:42 AM

Dec 2020
I mean, people also create accounts just to rate their favorite shows 10/10 and hated shows 1/10, so you're free to do whatever you want with your account.

Edit: oh, they're called bots

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Dec 6, 2021 4:43 AM

Aug 2018
in my opinion, i think you should your list the way you want. Like you said, it´s your profile, your list.
I already had some people saying that my list is not very good, or my opinions are trash, so i just ignore them ;)
Dec 6, 2021 5:00 AM

Sep 2019
Pls feel free to do whatever you want with your list cuz it's YOUR LIST.

I'm kind of busy with my studying stuff so my MAL usage is just to keep up with what I'm watching, my anime pathway, and also what I felt about them after completed.

If anyone say bad things about your list, I simply suggest blocking them or turning it to private.

Hope this will help you. Have a nice day :D
Dec 6, 2021 5:05 AM

Nov 2019
eli_shmeli said:
My list is pretty unconventional in how it's used, and even after I explain how it works to people they seem to be confused. My question is is it okay to use my list however I want because it's mine? Or should I conform to the standard intended way of using a MAL list so that people can understand it? Is it bad to use MAL in such an unintended way?

How my list differs:

- I use Season 1 of a show to represent the entire franchise / series
- I never Update Episodes seen, as you can't put 60 episodes into MHA season 1
- I often don't score shows, even if they're completed
- because of all of this, my shows completed and days seen are wildly lower than others. just think about how many more slots AoT or Jojo's would take up
I use season 1 to represent my overall score for a show as well. I still update that I have watched it though and since it is unscored they just sink to the bottom of my listand I still get more episodes added. The only exceptions are show like Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh (except Zexal II), and JoJo's (except Stardust Crusaders S2) as those are divided into parts and feel different enough than just another season so I'll score those.

I don't score anything older than Astro Boy. Would be a waste of effort.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Dec 6, 2021 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
JRVV17 said:
Wouldn't be better to had other seasons unrated and having their Episodes count?

I mean for example:

MHA Season 1 > Score:8

MHA Seasons 2 to 5 > Score: Unrated (0 which doesn't affect their overall score since it doesn't count)

So that way you have the 113 Episodes on your count but only 1 specific rating for all the series.

Just an observation.

hmm, this is an interesting idea. I could see it being pretty useful. Generally though the reason I use the Season 1 model is to get rid of the clutter, but who knows, maybe I could put all the second seasons in the On Hold list or something
Dec 6, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Nubiellee said:
I use Season 1 of a show to represent the entire franchise / series
I do this for my favorites and I know I'm not the only one. But for the list itself this is surprising. But it's okay you do what you want of course but don't you get a lot of comments like "why are you criticizing random anime season 2 if you never watched it" or stuff like that since a lot of people don't read what's on the profile because it must be very tiring.

it does get pretty tiring, that's why I was considering changing it. Although, not that many people bring up that specific complaint, it's more likely to be "bruh you dropped Geass after 1 ep??" even tho I dropped it after 30 or so.
Dec 6, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
eli_shmeli said:
indrawn said:
use myanimelist however you want, just don't piss off the mods

the mods check my list
"AH HELL NAH, HE DROPPED GEASS, GET HIM OUTTA HERE"
Lmao, I guess that means they probably don't like Code Geass either.
That being said, if I were a mod, I'd seriously consider banning you for dropping Cowboy Bebop (I'm kidding).[/quote]

I actually did like Geass, but I got to there part where
and I was just like "nah, no more playing with my heart, at least rn". Part of the problem was I really liked both of them as characters.

I know I should get into Bepop, but I kinda just feel like it's something I'll get into eventually and don't worry about it. It's on my dropped cause I watched a few eps but I don't know when I'll finish it
Dec 6, 2021 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
SignsOfSuicide said:
eli_shmeli said:
My list is pretty unconventional in how it's used, and even after I explain how it works to people they seem to be confused. My question is is it okay to use my list however I want because it's mine? Or should I conform to the standard intended way of using a MAL list so that people can understand it? Is it bad to use MAL in such an unintended way?

How my list differs:

- I use Season 1 of a show to represent the entire franchise / series
- I never Update Episodes seen, as you can't put 60 episodes into MHA season 1
- I often don't score shows, even if they're completed
- because of all of this, my shows completed and days seen are wildly lower than others. just think about how many more slots AoT or Jojo's would take up
I use season 1 to represent my overall score for a show as well. I still update that I have watched it though and since it is unscored they just sink to the bottom of my listand I still get more episodes added. The only exceptions are show like Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh (except Zexal II), and JoJo's (except Stardust Crusaders S2) as those are divided into parts and feel different enough than just another season so I'll score those.

I don't score anything older than Astro Boy. Would be a waste of effort.

oh I'll have to check your list out, someone else was suggesting this and I'm curious what it looks like
Dec 6, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
well im using the tabs in my list differently. The On-Hold tap is for missing se- and prequels and also for alternative storyline. The dropped tab is for missing OVAs, Specials etc.

And yes that means i never drop a anime

Dec 6, 2021 11:41 AM

Aug 2018
The only thing that I find dumb is when people use 1 - 5 or 5 to 10 scale because it doesn't use the full scales (I'm fine with people that use 2 4 6 8 10 or something like that).

Then, the why you rate something with certain rate depends all on you. And also, you don't need to score or count episodes either, it all depends on you.
Dec 6, 2021 11:48 AM
Aug 2021
I usually just post only season 1 too. i think if you post all the seasons the list gets extremely long and i would rather score an anime on its entirity not season by season
Dec 6, 2021 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
The only thing that I find dumb is when people use 1 - 5 or 5 to 10 scale because it doesn't use the full scales (I'm fine with people that use 2 4 6 8 10 or something like that).

Then, the why you rate something with certain rate depends all on you. And also, you don't need to score or count episodes either, it all depends on you.

I could see why that would be annoying, because they're screwing the score for everyone else. not really sure what the solution would be for this other than the 2 4 6 8 10 you suggested. it's an interesting question if that's not something they should be doing
Dec 6, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
jalil0034 said:
I usually just post only season 1 too. i think if you post all the seasons the list gets extremely long and i would rather score an anime on its entirity not season by season

nice to meet someone who does it the same as I do. I notice that you do the movies by themselves tho, I've thought about doing that, like adding the Konosuba movie to my list as they generally are different viewing experiences from the series. But idk, haven't done it yet at least. I'm curious why you decided on doing it that way
Dec 6, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
eli_shmeli said:
jalil0034 said:

nice to meet someone who does it the same as I do. I notice that you do the movies by themselves tho, I've thought about doing that, like adding the Konosuba movie to my list as they generally are different viewing experiences from the series. But idk, haven't done it yet at least. I'm curious why you decided on doing it that way

Ive felt the movies seemed separate from the series. maybe the demon slayer one couldve been avoided but i thought the eva movies were totally different stuff from the og show and worth getting their own rank. Same with the seishun buta yarou movie
Dec 6, 2021 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
jalil0034 said:
eli_shmeli said:

Ive felt the movies seemed separate from the series. maybe the demon slayer one couldve been avoided but i thought the eva movies were totally different stuff from the og show and worth getting their own rank. Same with the seishun buta yarou movie

yeah I get where you're coming from. I also felt like the Bunny Girl movie was pretty different, although I thought it was just alright so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and lump it in with my 10/10 rating for the series
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which one of your favorite anime would you not recommend to others?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 4

27 by Stomiks »»
20 seconds ago

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - 8 hours ago

15 by Nirinbo »»
52 seconds ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

67 by IamSajid »»
56 seconds ago

» what is your "guilty pleasure" anime ?

ame - 7 hours ago

13 by Stomiks »»
3 minutes ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Jun 8

45 by BigMac7 »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.