Forum Settings
Forums

Anime adaptations that made you read the manga?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2021 5:09 AM
Sep 2018
definitely One piece and Attack on titan.
Jan 4, 2021 5:15 AM

Apr 2020
Attack on titan because i couldnt wait for the final season.
Jan 4, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2020
The Monogatari adaptations made me buy the books, which are really great.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Jan 4, 2021 6:37 AM

Oct 2019
it would be berserk and one piece for me
Hi :)
Jan 4, 2021 6:43 AM

Apr 2018
Mine are Sankarea and Yagate Kimi ni Naru.

Both are having incomplete anime adaptation, also my very first manga. I used to be an anime-only person, but since I read those two, I'm now in love with manga and now I'm reading a few more.

I used to read Akame ga Kill! because I wanted to know the manga story, but the art isn't matching my taste, and I found out that I don't really enjoy action manga, so I dropped midway.
810TeamsJan 4, 2021 6:47 AM

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

Jan 4, 2021 6:48 AM
Jul 2018
banana fish, grand blue, demon slayer, yakusoku no neverland, mha, gekkan shoujo nozakki-kun and kimi ni todoke soon
Jan 4, 2021 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely koe no katachi, the movie didn't have the real ending so I read the manga
Jan 4, 2021 4:24 PM

Aug 2017
Girls Last Tour, no because I like the anime, I was curious about the ending so I started reading the manga from the beginning until the end lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 4, 2021 5:24 PM

Aug 2020
Hige wo Soru: The anime hasn't been released yet, but I was so eager to know the story that I started reading the manga.

Majo no tabitabi:I loved the anime, but it felt incomplete so I went for its manga, since I didn't find much translation so I started reading the novel.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou:Damn, what a good anime it is, and I wanted to know how the story ended, so I read the manga and now it's one of my favorites.

Nakanohito genome:The story did not end with the anime, so I went for the manga (it was the first manga I read).
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jan 4, 2021 5:32 PM

Aug 2012
Most of the anime I watch and like lead to their manga later. Most remarkable for me are Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon and Fullmetal Alchemist. Most recent stuff are Noragami, Made in Abyss and Bungo Stray Dogs. Thinking about giving Baki a chance, too.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jan 4, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2020
Kimetsu no Yaiba...that's about it. Not really a manga kind of guy so I really need to love the anime to read the manga.
Jan 4, 2021 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
- Kanojo, Okarishimasu
- Kaguya-sama
-Gantz
-Kangoku Gakuen
-Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are considered 'the best anime clothes'?

SgtBateMan - Today

17 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» Does a person die the moment they become egg custard or the moment they're eaten as an egg custard?

Dragevard - May 27

15 by MogKnight »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 10 hours ago

21 by Kruszer »»
26 minutes ago

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre? ( 1 2 )

Semester1 - Yesterday

63 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
28 minutes ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon? ( 1 2 )

Jackof-allspades - May 26

61 by RumpelstiltskinX »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.