Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2010
OH everyone survived how great. To be expected lolz. Idky they don't just kill luffy though???? jk xD

Whats up with all those wierd faces :OOOOO

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 23, 2020 3:29 PM

Mar 2010
OH everyone survived how great. To be expected lolz. Idky they don't just kill luffy though???? jk xD

Whats up with all those weird faces :OOOOO

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 3, 2020 8:25 PM
May 2020
I think they closed Act 1 perfectly and this episode didn't lag... still I wish that the audible reaction of Ussop, Robin, and Franky to Luffy's criminal poster could have been equally as funny as their visual reactions (which were equal to the manga).
Jul 3, 2020 8:28 PM
May 2020
Rasco said:

Whats up with all those wierd faces :OOOOO

Kaido did not kill Luffy because he sees him as a potentially good subordinate. This is what keeps happening to Kaido--someone tries to kill him, he beats them up, and then he tries to make the enemy into a subordinate. The weird faces was a huge reference to classic Japanese art and possibly comedy.
Sep 20, 2020 4:09 AM

Mar 2020
Ooooohhhhh hell yeah! Luffy and Kid in the same prison cell! I hope they team up for this arc too haha. (didnt know Kid also had Conqueror's Haki tho)

I think this was also the first time that Robin made a silly face ;D
Jan 1, 2021 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
Can someone here explain to me why Usopp, Frankie, and Robin made those faces upon seeing Luffy's poster? or its just for comedy?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the explanation on the posts above lol
Jan 25, 2021 7:04 PM

Mar 2016
The aftermath of a decisive battle, Luffy completely lost yet his fighting spirit still lives on as he took down Kaido's men unconsciously using his haoshoku haki. Kaido is right about the fact that there're too many supreme kings nowadays, but that may be something to do with how the world works.

Ofc I know everyone is safe, but it's interesting to see Shinobu's ability get animated, I thought her mature/rot abilities basically make the ground crumple and reduced to dust, but it seems to be liquefied instead, quite intriguing... Shinobu saved them from being vaporised, Chopper saved them from falling and Sanji saved them by carrying them with his skywalk. Awesome combo!

The long-awaited moment is here! I can distinctly remember Franky, Robin and Usopp reacting to Luffy's capture, especially how many readers are absolutely revolted by Robin making such a face, but there's one thing they're forgetting. Robin is a strawhat! She's no stranger to such comedic circumstances, and this is just a proof of that. She doesn't make these facial expressions often, if not at all even, but it sure is totally hilarious to see these 3 reacted in such a way!
Meanwhile, Zoro is just chilling, eating sushi on a boat, and oh here comes that 'man'.

I can't get over how badass Luffy looks all bandaged and bloodied up whilst glaring sharply at the prison guards. And now that he is reunited with Kidd...

ACT ONE OF WANO IS OVER
Always love the Shamisen being played to introduce or end an act in Wano

Jun 20, 2021 10:05 PM

Apr 2021
luffy using haki while being unconscious was cool as hell lol, I guess he really exercised his khaki on is recent fight with katakuri. Seeing luffy and kid meeting in the cell is hyping me up tho.

How will luffy beat Kaido tho? will he be doing what he always does with the 1v1 or would they all actually work together? Nonetheless, it was shown how easily Kaido just tanked all of luffy's attacks and easily knocked him out
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Sep 2, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2019
Act 1 is over. Kid is here as well. Nice.
Sep 8, 2021 12:15 AM

Aug 2021
The Reunion of Luffy and Kid was too good with that Wano theme

Robin's face was the most hilarious XD
Sep 17, 2021 11:22 PM

Sep 2015
The sound effect of Trafalgar laws sword and the sound of it falling down were nice! And the horses too

Those facial expression reactions to Luffys wanted poster though, now I know which episode those well known faces come from now!

Luffys first time in a while seeing kid

Liked the ending song too
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 5, 2021 10:36 PM
May 2012
End of Act 1, Wano is really shaping up. Enjoying all the new characters!
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM

Jan 2021
They didn’t have to make Robin do that face it just doesn’t look right man
Aug 13, 2022 8:50 PM

Aug 2018
lmao their faces.
Aug 30, 2022 4:42 AM
Jun 2022
good very good very very good
Sep 12, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2021
once again a wano banger
Jan 8, 2023 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, loved how kaido got pissed at luffy for using haki
Mar 4, 2023 9:10 AM
Aug 2021
Finally, I like that Luffy is using Conqueror's Haki more and more. It has been heavily underutilised he only uses it when he versus another Conqueror's Haki user which is dumb. There have been only two accounts of him using it when not fighting another user. In Wano though he has already used it 3 times. Everyone's reaction when they realised Luffy was a wanted man killed me, especially Robin's😂😂 The team-up between Luffy and Captin Kid I feel like it will be amazing.
Jun 28, 2023 10:10 AM
Apr 2021
amazing animation and plot consistansy as Kaido wasnèt a walk in the park
Jan 15, 2:05 PM
Jan 2020
Those Huh faces 😂😂
Mar 16, 6:58 PM

May 2021
Oh my God I didn't expect Robin chan not even my wildest dreams to make that hideous expression ruining her stoic, alluring face. That was the biggest surprise of this episode to be honest

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

37 by Vindicater »»
9 minutes ago

» Ennies lobby

Pricefighter - Yesterday

15 by tysondbarr »»
1 hour ago

» Toei didn't improve anything after time skip beside the artstyle and animation

Reckless_weeb - Yesterday

32 by nighm »»
4 hours ago

» How Did He Do It?

eze_k22 - Yesterday

5 by Hacker075 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 89 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

46 by IM_FROSTYY »»
Yesterday, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.