Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think freedom of religion is a good thing?

New
Is freedom of religion good?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 1, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
no.In my opinion,religions shouldn't even exist because that's why there's still war
Mar 1, 2016 12:03 PM

Nov 2009
Freedom of Religion is a good thing. By having Freedom of Religion it encourages (and almost forces) a separation of church and state. By separating these two entities you avoid many of the barbaric pitfalls that come by applying very extreme versions of a religion to law.
Mar 1, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
I can remember a saying in my country "Every human has the freedom of speech, but freedom after speech is not guaranteed". I support democracy to a limit. I mean I believe people have the right to choose who they want to rule them, but I don't really care for the rest. The only time you have a problem with a rule or regulation is when you decide to brake it or get caught braking it
Curious is the case of man.
He runs towards the world he can never catch, and runs away from death he can never escape.
Mar 1, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
The right to believe and the right to act on those beliefs are different things.

Yes, we should allow people to believe what they want. You're allowed to be a misogynist, but you're not allowed to hurt others based on that belief.

Yeah, pretty much that. I'm all for the freedom of beliefs, but the freedom to form factions and mine secular states from the inside? No thx.
Mar 1, 2016 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
I'm all for it. It's nice a number of countries have this principle so people can be as religious or nonreligious as they want to be without the thought that they might get clapped
Mar 1, 2016 4:37 PM

Oct 2015
I think it's a good thing as long as it doesn't interfere with politics and that religious people don't go out harming other people because of there religion.

Unfortunately both of those happen quite often.
Mar 1, 2016 10:10 PM

Aug 2015
Everyone can believe what they want to believe, I'm not gonna tell them otherwise. My answer is yes.
Mar 2, 2016 12:47 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
The right to believe and the right to act on those beliefs are different things.

Yes, we should allow people to believe what they want. You're allowed to be a misogynist, but you're not allowed to hurt others based on that belief.

Yeah, pretty much that. I'm all for the freedom of beliefs, but the freedom to form factions and mine secular states from the inside? No thx.

What do you mean by 'mine secular states from the inside'?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 2, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Clebardman said:

*turns on TV*
News are about: islamism in France, the jews are scared in France, christians are still protesting against gay mariage 4 years after. My government calls it a secular state, I call it a cheap whore spreading her legs for every sect.
Mar 3, 2016 12:59 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

*turns on TV*
News are about: islamism in France, the jews are scared in France, christians are still protesting against gay mariage 4 years after. My government calls it a secular state, I call it a cheap whore spreading her legs for every sect.

Well, when most of the world is religious it's hard to do proper separation of church'n'state. We're moving there, but Islam sets us back. Muslims should stop demanding us to cater to them. Welcome to a secular country: Your religion isn't worshipped.
Mar 11, 2016 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
Masked_Mantis said:
TornadoTheDragon said:
Wtf not? I mean you are about as free with religion as anything else in life.
Well it's iinteresting to me because Christianity had it's violent reformation from the Catholic church, and it's now got several churches all different yet all having the same core idea that you should follow Jesus and worship him as the one god, so it's still a pre monotheism that allows you to believe whatever you want about Christianity.

Well w/e the case may be. I mean any religion on its own doesn't do anything. Its like any other social tool.

I'm interested if people still think it's a good thing that people believe Islam is the truth. Their opinions surely state otherwise.

What's the problem in believing in Islam or any other religion? Well depends who you ask. Also when, where & the particular environment those individuals are in. There is no one answer.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Mar 12, 2016 1:03 AM

May 2015
TornadoTheDragon said:
Masked_Mantis said:
Well it's iinteresting to me because Christianity had it's violent reformation from the Catholic church, and it's now got several churches all different yet all having the same core idea that you should follow Jesus and worship him as the one god, so it's still a pre monotheism that allows you to believe whatever you want about Christianity.

Well w/e the case may be. I mean any religion on its own doesn't do anything. Its like any other social tool.

I'm interested if people still think it's a good thing that people believe Islam is the truth. Their opinions surely state otherwise.

What's the problem in believing in Islam or any other religion? Well depends who you ask. Also when, where & the particular environment those individuals are in. There is no one answer.

The problem with believing in Islam is that it's full of misogyny and racism.

But until someone explicitly says something misogynistic or racist,I wouldn't accuse them of that.
Mar 14, 2016 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
TornadoTheDragon said:

But until someone explicitly says something misogynistic or racist,I wouldn't accuse them of that.

Before we go on. Where have you gotten your information about Islam? I just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

On your 2nd point fair enough.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Mar 15, 2016 1:16 AM

May 2015
TornadoTheDragon said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Before we go on. Where have you gotten your information about Islam? I just want to make sure we are on the same page here.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/women-worth-less.aspx

I'm not interested in 'this site is anti-islam so it's wrong'. There are plenty of arguments here.
Mar 15, 2016 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
Yes, Freedom of Religion is a good thing for many of the same reasons that Freedom of Speech is a good thing.
Mar 15, 2016 1:39 AM

May 2013
Yes without freedom of religion, there will be no escape from the hedonistic morass of Babylon
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 15, 2016 3:43 AM

Oct 2011
You are free to believe in anything, but don't force that belief to others that you resort to extreme measures such as violence and shaming.
Mar 16, 2016 4:55 PM

Mar 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
TornadoTheDragon said:

I'm not interested in 'this site is anti-islam so it's wrong'. There are plenty of arguments here.

Well tbf if you are getting your information form a site like that instead of historical sources then this conversation won't really bring anything worthwhile.

You do know that site is associated with Daniel Greenfield? Who is a prominent Zionist? That site isn't even credible. It associates gang violence with your run of the mill terrorism.

I legit mean how many historical texts/books (translated) or otherwise you have actually read from pre-Islamic to modern for Arabia, India, Persia, China, etc.

I have far from read everything there is to. But whenever someone starts saying one religion is blank whether Christianity being bashed by modern secularists, or Islam by so called critics.

Its interesting b/c in both cases they only try to make each respective religion look bad in the current social environment. Nvm the fact both religions (among every other) have been adjusted by the local populace for well over a millennia; from everything (legal issues, economic practices, social structures, etc.) .

Also you seem to be forgetting that for pretty much all religions there are things recommended & non binding: i.e. inheritance. In some cases it is recommended a male get 2x as a female or only the eldest son receiving all of the inheritance, or only males receiving inheritance, or males getting 25% more than their female counter parts, or in other cases both sides getting equal. On another note many rules for receiving inheritance has more to do with birth order, social standing, & accomplishments (in cases of Persia & China for example); rather than any gender/sex per se.

Well that site is a propaganda site. That its owners & associates have their own agendas. Just like Fox News, Saudi Arabia, America, Israel, Turkey, & so on. And if you actually spend some time going through their arguments & retracing it you will find how BS they are. Just like how the Saudi government does in many cases.

You have to remember that terrorism is a profitable business for many interested parties. So they do push a preferred narrative. Saudi, Israel, America, Turkey, etc.

Ban me plz
Mar 16, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2016
People should be allowed to believe in whatever they want to believe in
Mar 16, 2016 6:21 PM

Mar 2016
Go AMERICA!!! I love freedom, which is why I impose it on everyone else. B}
Mar 17, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2015
TornadoTheDragon said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well tbf if you are getting your information form a site like that instead of historical sources then this conversation won't really bring anything worthwhile.

You do know that site is associated with Daniel Greenfield? Who is a prominent Zionist? That site isn't even credible. It associates gang violence with your run of the mill terrorism.

I legit mean how many historical texts/books (translated) or otherwise you have actually read from pre-Islamic to modern for Arabia, India, Persia, China, etc.

I have far from read everything there is to. But whenever someone starts saying one religion is blank whether Christianity being bashed by modern secularists, or Islam by so called critics.

Its interesting b/c in both cases they only try to make each respective religion look bad in the current social environment. Nvm the fact both religions (among every other) have been adjusted by the local populace for well over a millennia; from everything (legal issues, economic practices, social structures, etc.) .

Also you seem to be forgetting that for pretty much all religions there are things recommended & non binding: i.e. inheritance. In some cases it is recommended a male get 2x as a female or only the eldest son receiving all of the inheritance, or only males receiving inheritance, or males getting 25% more than their female counter parts, or in other cases both sides getting equal. On another note many rules for receiving inheritance has more to do with birth order, social standing, & accomplishments (in cases of Persia & China for example); rather than any gender/sex per se.

Well that site is a propaganda site. That its owners & associates have their own agendas. Just like Fox News, Saudi Arabia, America, Israel, Turkey, & so on. And if you actually spend some time going through their arguments & retracing it you will find how BS they are. Just like how the Saudi government does in many cases.

You have to remember that terrorism is a profitable business for many interested parties. So they do push a preferred narrative. Saudi, Israel, America, Turkey, etc.

Have you read any history books? Besides calling the site propaganda, you said nothing. No argument, just 'don't trust the site!' but you don't give me anything else. So why should I trust you? The site gives direct quotes from the Quran from an external sources with THREE translations.

How predictable. Even the site says so - people are poor in arguing for Islam. They tend to handwave criticism as 'zionism!" (Which isn't a bad thing - Hertzel's book doesn't feature so many misogynistic verses) or 'propaganda!".
Mar 17, 2016 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
Freedom, bah "Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart... you will know peace."

who says Islam can not be democratic. Just check in my country " Indonesia ", we democratic country with the mayority of islam.

if not because some people from the midlle east and they extremist mind, thing will not be like this now.
Mar 17, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 2015
Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
Meow
Mar 17, 2016 2:56 AM
Feb 2016
TheConquerer said:
To think that abolishing religion would eliminate stupidity and extremism is an act of stupidity and extremism

you said it....!!
but y is @masked_mantis curious in bizare topics?
Mar 17, 2016 3:17 AM

Dec 2015
I believe in freedom of religion, people need to be free to believe what they want, although these days people see in the news all the time "terrorists attacked this, they attacked that", they use their god's name to justify their horrific actions, of course people will be afraid of muslims
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 17, 2016 3:53 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
TheConquerer said:
To think that abolishing religion would eliminate stupidity and extremism is an act of stupidity and extremism

you said it....!!
It's because we see two different Islams, and I can see now how islamist apologists (which a large portion of "moderate" Muslims are) and political correctness will ruin everything.

Moderates will ruin everything because they still believe in an ideal society sharia will work. They keep saying the punishments sound brutal but they're only deterrents. Well yeah homosexuality is punishable in sharia too, so the message is "everyone will be scared to be gay so they'll live in hiding". It's not a good message.

Beat your wives, that's another funny one. The moderates don't even deny that anymore, they just say "beat them lightly but then refuse to sleep with them". And this is the successor to the gospel?

That's Islam, it's also why wahabism is so appealing. It's a literalist Islam.

To call Islamism or extremism a minority is what will allow the problems we see to happen and grow.

Drawing a picture of Muhammad causes not only your own country but others to call for your attack. From what I've seen there's nothing in the Quran that says you shouldn't draw Muhammad, and it even says Muhammad was mocked several times and ignored them. So why is it Christians turn the other cheek when someone draws Jesus?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 17, 2016 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
So why is it Christians turn the other cheek when someone draws Jesus?

They don't. Charlie Hebdo was sued more often by angry catholics than jews or muslims. Christians don't like drawings either.
Mar 17, 2016 4:09 AM

Apr 2014
Clebardman said:
Masked_Mantis said:

They don't. Charlie Hebdo was sued more often by angry catholics than jews or muslims. Christians don't like drawings either.
I'll rephrase that in my post then since that's setting back freedom of speech.

Were they ever attacked physically? Was there ever a call for Christians to attack Hebdo?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 17, 2016 4:15 AM
Feb 2016
Masked_Mantis said:
Ivisire said:

you said it....!!
It's because we see two different Islams, and I can see now how islamist apologists (which a large portion of "moderate" Muslims are) and political correctness will ruin everything.

Moderates will ruin everything because they still believe in an ideal society sharia will work. They keep saying the punishments sound brutal but they're only deterrents. Well yeah homosexuality is punishable in sharia too, so the message is "everyone will be scared to be gay so they'll live in hiding". It's not a good message.

Beat your wives, that's another funny one. The moderates don't even deny that anymore, they just say "beat them lightly but then refuse to sleep with them". And this is the successor to the gospel?

To call Islamism or extremism a minority is what will allow the problems we see to happen and grow.

Drawing a picture of Muhammad causes not only your own country but others to call for your attack. From what I've seen there's nothing in the Quran that says you shouldn't draw Muhammad, and it even says Muhammad was mocked several times and ignored them. So why is it Christians turn the other cheek when someone draws Jesus?

hmm....i see, u r in quiet a muddy pond......

but i wish to make this clear, why are you asking all this purpose-related topics?

is it that u have nothing to do that you wish to spend time criticizing others, or is it that u are seeking an actual conversation?

if its the later, i would be glad to join.....provided u r serious, and in the right mood, and also, do not reach up for an adrenaline rush everytime a new idea is presented in front of you,.......not that i think u would, but these r the conditions, as iam short of time ryt now...

also, an FYI, i dont think ur understanding of my viewing of islam is accurate, since i have been here for only 2 days, and since i havent ssaid much.....

so waiting for ur reply.
Mar 17, 2016 4:20 AM

Jul 2015
Masked_Mantis said:
Were they ever attacked physically? Was there ever a call for Christians to attack Hebdo?

Freedom of speech isn't about being allowed to sue people for their convictions to make them shut up, just like democracy/republic isn't about letting totalitarists express their opinions.

And yeah, obviously christians have a long history of opprssing peoples. The simple fact that they CAN'T without losing any credibility and income in our current world doesn't change shit to the fact it's an expansionist monotheistic religion/ideology, a.k.a brain cancer. The only purpose of those things is to take over the world, they're by nature unable to stand anything that doesn't conform to their ideology.
Mar 17, 2016 4:22 AM

May 2014
Clebardman said:
Masked_Mantis said:

Charlie Hebdo was actually prosecuted for making an anti-semetic joke at the expense of the president's son, he was hated and rediculed within the industry ever since, the poor guy couldn't even include jews in his last work because of it.

RIP charlie
#JeSuisCharlie
Mar 17, 2016 4:27 AM

Jul 2015
ZA_WAYD said:
Clebardman said:

Charlie Hebdo was actually prosecuted for making an anti-semetic joke at the expense of the president's son, he was hated and rediculed within the industry ever since, the poor guy couldn't even include jews in his last work because of it.

RIP charlie
#JeSuisCharlie

I'd be okay to debate this with you, but your ignorance shows quite hard in that post. "the poor guy"? There's noone called Charlie bro, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything from an idiot who shits on a magazine he never read.
Mar 17, 2016 4:29 AM
Feb 2016
Clebardman said:
ZA_WAYD said:

RIP charlie
#JeSuisCharlie

I'd be okay to debate this with you, but your ignorance shows quite hard in that post. "the poor guy"? There's noone called Charlie bro, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything from an idiot who shits on a magazine he never read.

haha....well said ...i must say..:D (y)
Mar 17, 2016 4:32 AM

Jul 2015
Ivisire said:
Clebardman said:

haha....well said ...i must say..:D (y)

;).

Dunno if you can read french but...

Wow those filthy antisemits making fun of Israel's Policy.
Mar 17, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2014
@clebardman im sensing some some deep rooted salt in your post, which is understandable :|

I want to reply to you but i didnt understand anything aside from the petty juvenile slander that you threw in my face ... are you implying that Charlie never existed or something ? ... please elaborate and refrain from making any more insults ... i'm dying to know what you "think" it is i'm ignorant about.
Mar 17, 2016 4:34 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
Masked_Mantis said:

hmm....i see, u r in quiet a muddy pond......

but i wish to make this clear, why are you asking all this purpose-related topics?

is it that u have nothing to do that you wish to spend time criticizing others, or is it that u are seeking an actual conversation?

if its the later, i would be glad to join.....provided u r serious, and in the right mood, and also, do not reach up for an adrenaline rush everytime a new idea is presented in front of you,.......not that i think u would, but these r the conditions, as iam short of time ryt now...

also, an FYI, i dont think ur understanding of my viewing of islam is accurate, since i have been here for only 2 days, and since i havent ssaid much.....

so waiting for ur reply.
I haven't commented on your understanding of Islam, I'm commenting on the interpretations that are causing problems. Islam in the hands of westerners from what I'm observing is very dangerous, that's what I'm pointing out.

It has parrallels with communism. I could send you some videos that highlight the propaganda that's come from my country, and that's what I'm against. It's not all Muslims, but the left will defend extreme interpretations by calling everything Islamaphobic, and the government will put wahabism as the face representing Islam whenever they can. There are reasons people critique something, and it's usually a desperate attempt to point out there are issues within Islamic communities that aren't shrinking or being dealt with.

In fact one of the most interesting things I heard was from k0k0 in another thread saying she knows Muslims who are more conservative in western countries then they are in Islamic countries. If that doesn't highlight something terribly wrong I don't know what will.
Trance said:
Mar 17, 2016 4:39 AM
Feb 2016
Masked_Mantis said:

In fact one of the most interesting things I heard was from k0k0 in another thread saying she knows Muslims who are more conservative in western countries then they are in Islamic countries. If that doesn't highlight something terribly wrong I don't know what will.

alryt...so proper convo....have 30 min to spare...after wich all replies will be delayed....

ok

what did k0k0 mean by being conservative?
(i didnt get it...)
is k0k0 saying that they r following the 1st era islam or is it the modern one?
and for your info, alll types of muslims are prsent in all continents

Masked_Mantis said:

and this is what made me think u wr commenting on my indrstnding of islam.
IvisireMar 17, 2016 5:05 AM
Mar 17, 2016 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
ZA_WAYD said:

I want to reply to you but i didnt understand anything aside from the petty juvenile slander that you threw in my face

If you dislike petty slanders, keep your ignorance for yourself next time Charlie is brought up. Talking shit and spreading misinformation about people who died because they were drawing, sure. Just like the pope, you're using your ignorance to justify the killing of these people (yeah, the pope, with his beautiful "if someone insults my mom, I'm going to punch him" quote).

Now if you had a sliver of knowledge on the subject, you'd know that Charlie has been called islamophobic by moderate muslims and antisemitic by every other religion in a desperate attempts to reject responsibility.
DeathkoMar 17, 2016 4:44 AM
Mar 17, 2016 4:50 AM

May 2014
Clebardman said:
ZA_WAYD said:

I want to reply to you but i didnt understand anything aside from the petty juvenile slander that you threw in my face

If you dislike petty slanders, keep your ignorance for yourself next time Charlie is brought up. Talking shit and spreading misinformation about people who died because they were drawing, sure. Just like the pope, you're using your ignorance to justify the killing of these people (yeah, the pope, with his beautiful "if someone insults my mom, I'm going to punch him" quote).

What the ACTUAL FUCK are you talking about ?! ... did you even read my post ?
"Justifying killing" wtf ... i even used the # because i supported what he was doing...
what misinformation have i spread exactly ?
He WAS prosecuted for making an antisemitic joke about the president's son, its in the damn papers and its safe to assume that is why he never again included jew related satire in his personal work.
I'm going to brush this off as a "misunderstanding" and nothing more ... try being less salty next time and more comprehensive ffs ...
Mar 17, 2016 5:05 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
and this is what made me think u wr commenting on my undrstnding of islam.
No, I mean there literally is two Islams, and one is very dangerous and a constant problem. But the damage political correctness by a country can cause can be severe and cause islamism to spread. It's hard to tackle because many come across as "moderate" who don't even preach hate, but they'll be aplogists for sharia law and wahabi interpretations.

When a country allows this, is attacked by it's left wing politics as racist, is treated unfairly by it's government pumping out pro Islam propaganda it's not a good outcome. You just need to look at the numbers of western Muslims who go to Syria to see that how the west is scared and treats Islam specially is a real threat.

And that's when there's a problem with "moderates" too. Imagine the number that didn't leave to go to Syria but fights democracy from their country. The Muslims who have influence in western countries aren't moderate, yet their funded and are in positions to convert and be the face of Islam. How do you see your interpretation of Islam spreading?
Trance said:
Mar 17, 2016 5:10 AM
Feb 2016
Masked_Mantis said:
Ivisire said:
and this is what made me think u wr commenting on my undrstnding of islam.
No, I mean there literally is two Islams, and one is very dangerous and a constant problem. But the damage political correctness by a country can cause can be severe and cause islamism to spread. It's hard to tackle because many come across as "moderate" who don't even preach hate, but they'll be aplogists for sharia law and wahabi interpretations.

When a country allows this, is attacked by it's left wing politics as racist, is treated unfairly by it's government pumping out pro Islam propaganda it's not a good outcome. You just need to look at the numbers of western Muslims who go to Syria to see that how the west is scared and treats Islam specially is a real threat.

And that's when there's a problem with "moderates" too. Imagine the number that didn't leave to go to Syria but fights democracy from their country. The Muslims who have influence in western countries aren't moderate, yet their funded and are in positions to convert and be the face of Islam. How do you see your interpretation of Islam spreading?

i dont disagree with any of what you said....its all happening, and true....:)

but there is totally something you havent figured out nor yet come across, about islam.....i have to go now...we have a house warming....
:)

maybe later i can elaborate ....and my source is my sight, just like yours... from what i see is happening in my region, and people of my region overseas.....

bye
Mar 17, 2016 10:11 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
Masked_Mantis said:

Suing and shooting people up are very different.
Mar 17, 2016 10:24 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Clebardman said:

Suing on purpose when you know you're going to lose just to make a fuss about it and polarize the opinion? The religious lobbies here in France spent the last decades creating an oppressive climate where freedom of speech and freedom of religion are hijacked to justify hate speech and interfere with social debates. And the reactions we had here in France after that attack clearly show that they succeded in destroying a magazine's reputation with baseless attacks and "muh feelings" logic, effectively paving the ground for a terrorist attack. The terrorists were french, this was a french problem that was only made possible by the shitty climate religions created here.

You're not exactly in the best position to sell me the "all other religions are peaceful" either. Tell me more about how Israel, backed by their christian ally, are spreading peace over the middle east.
Mar 17, 2016 10:56 AM
Jul 2015
Freedom in general is a good thing. Its just a shame that religious people don't seem to think that a lot of the time.
Mar 17, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2016
Madcatt said:
"Listen up, Simon. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in the Kamina who believes in you!" Kamina.

"Get going Simon, just don't be distracted by the what-ifs, should-haves and if-onlys. The one thing you choose yourself, THAT is the truth of your universe." More wisdom from Kamina.

#Kamina will save us all
MadcattMar 17, 2016 6:12 PM
Mar 18, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2016
I believe everyone should arm themselves and rampage until only the true believers are left standing. Or develop mind-control technology in order to forcibly convert the heathen masses, but get some zip ties and duct tape just in case.

What, is that not a good alternative to religious tolerance? All individuals already have the ability to choose, and the state can only oppress and punish the expression of those beliefs. As with all "freedoms" granted by the state, religion cannot legally be used to justify harming others.
Mar 18, 2016 4:16 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Suing on purpose when you know you're going to lose just to make a fuss about it and polarize the opinion? The religious lobbies here in France spent the last decades creating an oppressive climate where freedom of speech and freedom of religion are hijacked to justify hate speech and interfere with social debates. And the reactions we had here in France after that attack clearly show that they succeded in destroying a magazine's reputation with baseless attacks and "muh feelings" logic, effectively paving the ground for a terrorist attack. The terrorists were french, this was a french problem that was only made possible by the shitty climate religions created here.

You're not exactly in the best position to sell me the "all other religions are peaceful" either. Tell me more about how Israel, backed by their christian ally, are spreading peace over the middle east.

Tell me more about the terrorist Israel who sends Palestinians terrorists to hospitals.

Also, no, Israel is not a religious country (Although we do have some issues with it). It is a secular-national country. Zionism, at its root, isn't religious. Hertzel was an atheist.

I don't understand how Christians suing a magazine (not a violation of human rights) leads to Muslims shooting up the magazine (A violation of human rights). Incidents like Charlie Hebdo are common. It's not the first time Muslims overreact to parodies and satire of them.
Mar 18, 2016 4:24 AM

Jul 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Clebardman said:

Tell me more about the terrorist Israel who sends Palestinians terrorists to hospitals.

Also, no, Israel is not a religious country (Although we do have some issues with it). It is a secular-national country. Zionism, at its root, isn't religious. Hertzel was an atheist.

I don't understand how Christians suing a magazine (not a violation of human rights) leads to Muslims shooting up the magazine (A violation of human rights). Incidents like Charlie Hebdo are common. It's not the first time Muslims overreact to parodies and satire of them.

Israel isn't a religious country, yeah, the USA aren't either. I don't think anyone will notice as long as they keep saying "god bless america" before carpet bombing a random eastern country. And I don't think being muslim is the reason why those people blow shit up either. French resistants weren't muslims yet they loved explosives. IRA members weren't muslims, yet they loved explosives. It's as if oppressed population were fighting back, crazy, huh?

Now back to our subject, yes, "moderate" christians, muslims and jews spent 20 years trashing Charlie Hebdo, making it seem okay to baselessly attack someone because your religion needs to be respected more than freedom of speech. It was 100% a french problem, and the only reason why it was muslims and not christians or jews, is because we're not parking our christians or our jews in ghettos with 50%+ unemployment.

I must also say I don't understand how your country can believe so hard in the ghettos+wall solution to deal with the "lesser" humans around your borders. Seems ironical and kinda disgusting to me.
DeathkoMar 18, 2016 4:40 AM
Mar 18, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2014
spinninground said:
I believe everyone should arm themselves and rampage until only the true believers are left standing. Or develop mind-control technology in order to forcibly convert the heathen masses, but get some zip ties and duct tape just in case.

What, is that not a good alternative to religious tolerance? All individuals already have the ability to choose, and the state can only oppress and punish the expression of those beliefs. As with all "freedoms" granted by the state, religion cannot legally be used to justify harming others.
Religiously (and that's what matters with a religion like Islam, especially with Islam) Islam can be used to justify harming others.

People have this warped view today of what is and isn't a war. Muslims growing up in the west flock to Syria in their thousands and abide by the Quran to justify their actions in war.

So what do they do in the Syrian war?

Stone adulterers, kill homosexuals, take female sex slaves to rape and attack the west. Those that don't leave for this war keep their same ideology in the west, supporting their actions against innocent Muslims. It's a shit ideology, take sex slaves.
Trance said:
Mar 19, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Israel isn't a religious country, yeah, the USA aren't either. I don't think anyone will notice as long as they keep saying "god bless america" before carpet bombing a random eastern country. And I don't think being muslim is the reason why those people blow shit up either. French resistants weren't muslims yet they loved explosives. IRA members weren't muslims, yet they loved explosives. It's as if oppressed population were fighting back, crazy, huh?

Now back to our subject, yes, "moderate" christians, muslims and jews spent 20 years trashing Charlie Hebdo, making it seem okay to baselessly attack someone because your religion needs to be respected more than freedom of speech. It was 100% a french problem, and the only reason why it was muslims and not christians or jews, is because we're not parking our christians or our jews in ghettos with 50%+ unemployment.

I must also say I don't understand how your country can believe so hard in the ghettos+wall solution to deal with the "lesser" humans around your borders. Seems ironical and kinda disgusting to me.

Do you have any evidence that USA or Israel are religious? The Hamas and Hizaballah make it clear they're religious. The Hamas charter makes constant references to the Quran and how fighting the Zionist is an Islamic cause.

The story of the Poor Oppreessed bombing the shit out of the Big Bad is popular and is great for Hollywood film, but how are Muslims oppressed in France? How is shooting up a satirical newspaper 'fighting oppression'?

Gaza and PA aren't 'ghettos'. The Palestinains wanted this. They wanted a territory of their own without us. You can freely move between PA and Israel. It's a little more difficult to do so with Gaza, but the people who run Gaza are 'fighting oppression' by dedicating their resources to shooting rockets.

Also, the poor oppressored Muslims in Israel have a lot of members in the Knesset.

Have you read the Quran? What are your sources for this? I mean, I've seen you around and you're intelligent. Now you're just spitting cliches straight out of a Hollywood movie.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 5 hours ago

14 by TheBlockernator »»
11 minutes ago

» Why isn't Israel and the USA in the British Commonwealth?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago

» Ladies of mal, how do you feel about random compliment text messages?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

6 by TheBlockernator »»
13 minutes ago

» How would telepathy affect society?

NonaryGames - Aug 23, 2015

29 by DesuMaiden »»
25 minutes ago

» The Curse of Overtourism

Meusnier - May 21

27 by DesuMaiden »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.