Forum Settings
Forums

The mass's stereotypical hate towards anime

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2013
That's just how it is, let's be honest here majority of anime has a lot of fanservice/perverted scenes in them, yes there is some exceptions but those are in the minority. So it isn't that much of a stretch when the masses has this negative opinion on anime. I don't know why we need the masses to accept what we as anime fans like.

Really, just make them think what they want, since it doesn't affect you from watching/enjoying anime.
Feb 11, 2016 8:37 PM

Aug 2015
keimaconquesta said:
Now my question is, what does the mass really hate about the anime currently? Is it just a part of anime, specifically the anime that is for sexual entertainment? Anime nowadays aren't really weird or trying to be from my experience in watching seasonal anime, and the stories are good.

What you’re asking is pretty hard to answer without any evidence; for some, it’s the lack of original anime series or/and it’s the lack of deep and more mature shows, for others, it’s the massive amount of clones that come back every seasons, since a good amount of time, etc. Of course, I say lack, but this is subjective, some may find that there is enough of them or may even want less than there already is. Personally, I rarely watch more than 2 or 3 seasonal anime series per season. This is mostly due to the fact that I don’t find the other shows appealing and not because I lack time or something like that. Obviously, I have my reasons, but I don’t want to start a debate about taste and what is supposedly good and what isn’t or stuff like that.

Holybaptiser said:
Out of my own personal experience of what the internet has to offer, I would say that the majority of anime fans conduct themselves in a less than commendable manner on the majority of websites that provide some sort of interaction between its user base […]

Good point here; from the few websites that I tend to visit, when I happen to see stuff about anime and that is brought up by anime fans, most of the time, they’re pretty obnoxious about it and it also feels like they’re shoving their passion in people’s face, when they shouldn’t (in my opinion, of course). Also, it often feels really out of place or simply awkward, depending on the situation.

Holybaptiser said:
It only takes a few idiots to ruin the image for the masses and damage control is incredibly hard when it comes to people forming opinions on the internet, since mob mentality takes place at an alarming rate when it comes to forums.

What he’s saying is pretty true. For instance, if 10 anime fans talk about their passion to a random guy that doesn’t like anime much, but they behave in a "normal" way and don’t try to shove it in his face, it won’t make much of a difference to him and he probably won’t label anime fans anything else than what they are. But, out of these 10 persons, it only takes one that is too much into it and annoys him, makes him have a awkward time or something like that, and even if the guy met 9 good persons, before, which were anime fans, he will remember the one that pissed him off and there’s a good chance he does some generalization and lump all anime fans in the same category, which, in this case, would probably be something like "annoying people".

Why? Because a good amount of persons tend to remember what was out of the ordinary, what shocked them the most; they won’t remember the kind guy that was passionate, but had a good self-restraint, they will remember the annoying dude that always talks about his passion when it’s obviously not the time, that always brings up anime, in situations that have nothing to do with it, etc.

Now, another example, let’s take someone that is zero into anime; this guy browses the Internet and sees two pictures that are both portraying an anime fan. On the first picture, you see a guy that just bought a random action manga from a store and on the other one, you see another random guy that has an anime body pillow with a girl on it; she seems really young and is much sexualized. In that situation, there’s a high chance he finds it creepy and only remembers the second guy and starts to think that anime fans are creepy people (by the way, I’m not judging those who have one and don’t want to start a debate on that; it’s only an example, something that could happen from the point of view of someone who has zero prior experience with the anime world and that probably will judge and label very easily).

Then, when the guy that saw both pictures is asked for his opinion about people that are into anime, by his friends, for instance, what do you think he will say? I doubt he will say that he admires them and wish to become one himself. Then, his friends will probably adapt his way of thinking, since they know him and probably trust his judgement. From there, there’s a chance it may keep going downwards, since about no one will bother to take the time to see for themselves and forge their own opinion, about the subject at hand. Look at celebrities; their reputations may be made or destroyed in about a day or so, just because of some random rumor that may have spread on the Internet. Most often, it doesn’t take that much to influence the opinion of some people.
DanteQCFeb 11, 2016 8:41 PM
Feb 11, 2016 10:43 PM

Nov 2009
keragamming said:
That's just how it is, let's be honest here majority of anime has a lot of fanservice/perverted scenes in them, yes there is some exceptions but those are in the minority. So it isn't that much of a stretch when the masses has this negative opinion on anime. I don't know why we need the masses to accept what we as anime fans like.

You make it sound like fanservice is something that doesn't happen in live-action movies.
Feb 11, 2016 10:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
too many elitists who don't understand that they aren't the target audience for most anime

and too many people who are insecure about sexual content in media

and like people are saying, anime KEEPS GROWING in popularity no matter what new anime come out, so theres nothing to blame other than the whiny viewers
Feb 11, 2016 11:03 PM

Aug 2008

@2:16
Now I get it,anime is great it just the fans that suck.
ZapredonFeb 11, 2016 11:07 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 11, 2016 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
It's not anime people hate...it's the fans.

And for good reason.
Feb 12, 2016 1:30 AM

May 2015
Zapredon said:

@2:16
Now I get it,anime is great it just the fans that suck.

The only good thing about this video is the Dennou Coil reference.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 9 hours ago

27 by MeguSae38 »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 1 hour ago

11 by district_marvel »»
7 minutes ago

» How to deal with anime backlog??

Xenofight - May 22

31 by Kruszer »»
13 minutes ago

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

20 by ColourWheel »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

20 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.