Forum Settings
Forums

Dropping Shows You Like - Why is this a thing?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2015 6:59 AM

Aug 2014
CharlRosso said:
Only plebs who drop animu.
Aug 16, 2015 7:00 AM

Jun 2008
Lost interest maybe? Or they heard that the ending sucked.
Aug 16, 2015 7:50 AM
Mar 2014
The issue is your assumption that everyone's ratings reflect how much they enjoyed a series, when plenty of people actually use the ratings differently. You see, when I watch a movie or series I'll usually try to look for good things even if I tend to have rather negative feelings towards it, and vice versa. While I doubt that everyone's able to see a merit in that, I feel like it helps me to appreciate series more that aren't the kind of entertainment I would usually consume (in other words, genres I don't like as much due to personal preferences), and on top of that I like to think of my opinion as a bit more substantiated or credible if I don't simply give in to strong positive or negative feelings and instead try to look at it more rationally.

That's how Shirobako or Ashita no Joe ended up on my dropped list despite receiving a fairly positive rating. I didn't dislike either of these shows and can see why people like them as much, but they simply didn't manage to get me to watch more of them.
Aug 16, 2015 8:20 AM

May 2015
I'd drop a 50 episode show if it was only 6. The longer the show, the more I demand from it.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 16, 2015 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Even 149 episodes of HxH is an accomplishment to stay good throughout.

Not really. It's story isn't finished it's just in hiatus. It didn't reach the length where people get tired of it and then equate that to ''quality going downhill''
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Smoking in anime

JoeChip - 9 hours ago

27 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 4 hours ago

7 by KitsuFrost »»
7 minutes ago

» Modern chill anime osts like these?

Atmogenic - Yesterday

19 by Atmogenic »»
8 minutes ago

» What's your favorite anime OST?

Gashadokur0 - Jun 15

39 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you watch gender swapped Mushoku Tensei?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

15 by combatcarlos »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.