Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Apr 20, 2008 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
Kotori said:
I think I fixed that already (for next version), but it won't hurt to check; which series does it happen with, and are you watching something it does?

It happens with random series every time.

Recently I opened MALU and it showed Galaxy Express 999 as finished, as well as Eureka Seven, some others. It showed Gun X Sword as finished, even though I am only half done with it.
Apr 20, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
Note about #130: if you are using "No Delay" for updates, please set it to 1 minute or more. There is a bug that will crash malu otherwise. There will be a new build in a few hours with this problem fixed.
Apr 20, 2008 1:23 PM
Sep 2007
oh nvm, I think I got my answer
Apr 21, 2008 5:50 PM

Oct 2006
Mmm, thanks for the new update with The Core Media Player, but somehow it doesn't work; when an ep is opened in TCMP, MAU just freezes. The only way to solve this is to use Task Manager to close MALU, then re-open. This actually didn't happen with the last patch, so I'm thinking its some sort of bug in the program, rather than the comp.
Apr 21, 2008 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
Note about #130: if you are using "No Delay" for updates, please set it to 1 minute or more. There is a bug that will crash malu otherwise. There will be a new build in a few hours with this problem fixed.

Maybe this? (2 posts above)
Apr 21, 2008 11:15 PM

May 2007
Noticed an odd issue with the Tray Menu...
Using Windows XP Pro Sp2 and the latest MAL Updater 1.30.While using an alternative shell i.e. BBClean and SharpE I can't access the tray menu as nothing pops up whereas if I drop back into Explorer *cringes* it pops right up.No idea why it's not working exactly as every other programs menu i.e. Daemon Tools,Miranda IM,and even my Saitek's Game Controller Software works just fine *scratches Kitty Ears*.
-dejay Can I bite you...meow?

Apr 22, 2008 1:35 AM

Sep 2007
Thanks for fixing the bugs I mentioned! =]

Something else I noticed, is that MALU gets Code Geass and Code Geass R2 confused. Whenever I rewatch Code Geass Season 1, MALU confuses this with Code Geass R2. I suppose this is quite a tough one, seeing as the difference is simply two letters; R2.

But yea, keep up the good work!

Proud user of Maxthon since the days of MyIE2, long before Firefox was even a twinkle in Netscape's eye.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, not really...
Apr 22, 2008 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
When getting MALU to fetch me my next episode, it keeps notifying me that it can't find the episode in one of the two folders i added to malu. This didn't happended in the previous version, so i guess its a new bug?

v1.30
Vista 32bit
Apr 22, 2008 6:33 AM

Jul 2007
KayDat said:
Thanks for fixing the bugs I mentioned! =]

Something else I noticed, is that MALU gets Code Geass and Code Geass R2 confused. Whenever I rewatch Code Geass Season 1, MALU confuses this with Code Geass R2. I suppose this is quite a tough one, seeing as the difference is simply two letters; R2.

But yea, keep up the good work!

Yep, nothing to do about that unless I drop support for partial recognition etc. Maybe I could include some option directly on the main window to choose a "threshold" level of recognition? So you can pick 1..2..3...4...5 where 1 would only do a full match with the original name, 2 would include synonyms, and so on
Apr 22, 2008 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
aero said:
When getting MALU to fetch me my next episode, it keeps notifying me that it can't find the episode in one of the two folders i added to malu. This didn't happended in the previous version, so i guess its a new bug?

v1.30
Vista 32bit

What is the anime series that it fails to recognize? Can you also take a screenshot of the folder that contains the files?
Apr 22, 2008 6:35 AM

Jul 2007
dejitaru said:
Using Windows XP Pro Sp2 and the latest MAL Updater 1.30.While using an alternative shell i.e. BBClean and SharpE I can't access the tray menu as nothing pops up whereas if I drop back into Explorer *cringes* it pops right up.No idea why it's not working exactly as every other programs menu i.e. Daemon Tools,Miranda IM,and even my Saitek's Game Controller Software works just fine *scratches Kitty Ears*.

try this... run MALU from commandline with "malupdater.exe linux", see if the menu works.
Apr 22, 2008 6:47 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
aero said:

v1.30
Vista 32bit

What is the anime series that it fails to recognize? Can you also take a screenshot of the folder that contains the files?
No no, it recognises the anime. Here's my set up. I've added two directories for malu to watch. "E" is my hardrive where i store my anime, and "F" is my dvd drive. When fetching an episode, malu tells me that it can't find it on "F" drive despite it successfully finding it on my "E" drive. And it happens vice versa.
Apr 22, 2008 7:17 AM

Jul 2007
Oh, you mean it finds the file, opens it, then says it failed to find it? What is the exact message displayed?
Apr 22, 2008 7:34 AM

Jul 2007
dejitaru said:

Installed Sharp to test this, indeed it didn't work. I added an option in the settings window called "Alternate Tray Menu", if you enable this you'll get the menu just fine.
Check for an update later today

Apr 22, 2008 8:24 AM

Jul 2007
Kotori said:
Yep, nothing to do about that unless I drop support for partial recognition etc. Maybe I could include some option directly on the main window to choose a "threshold" level of recognition? So you can pick 1..2..3...4...5 where 1 would only do a full match with the original name, 2 would include synonyms, and so on

This has been added.
Apr 22, 2008 8:43 AM

Oct 2006
Kotori said:
Kotori said:

Maybe this? (2 posts above)

Haha was just that ^_^

Thnx for the help =D
Apr 22, 2008 9:22 AM

Jul 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:
5. (Everything in themeless mode as usual). If you point the mouse on a scrolling. Press the mouse button (click without releasing the button) and begin to move scrolling.If you move you mouse to the right of the window, the window begins to move. In earlier versions it was when you move your mouse inside the window from the scrolling area and continue to move you mouse down/up or sidewards.
While moving the window, if you move your mouse vertically the slider keeps moving as well. In other programs (Word, firefox) if you remove you mouse from a slider while continuing scrolling it does not move the window continuing scrolling. It has also some area of tolerance. If you move your mouse too much inwards or outwards the window, the slider jumps to an old position, unless you return your mouse closet to a scrolling. (everything done without releasing the button of a mouse).

Not sure how to fix this since I can't replicate it myself. I think it's maybe related to the touchpad driver in your laptop. Can you try with a real mouse?
Apr 22, 2008 11:12 AM

May 2007
Thanks for fixing it! Just woke up so I missed the try from commandline but since its an the works for the next update I shall wait patiently for it. =^.^=
-dejay Can I bite you...meow?

Apr 22, 2008 11:28 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
GDL-URAHARA said:
5. (Everything in themeless mode as usual). If you point the mouse on a scrolling. Press the mouse button (click without releasing the button) and begin to move scrolling.If you move you mouse to the right of the window, the window begins to move. In earlier versions it was when you move your mouse inside the window from the scrolling area and continue to move you mouse down/up or sidewards.
While moving the window, if you move your mouse vertically the slider keeps moving as well. In other programs (Word, firefox) if you remove you mouse from a slider while continuing scrolling it does not move the window continuing scrolling. It has also some area of tolerance. If you move your mouse too much inwards or outwards the window, the slider jumps to an old position, unless you return your mouse closet to a scrolling. (everything done without releasing the button of a mouse).

Not sure how to fix this since I can't replicate it myself. I think it's maybe related to the touchpad driver in your laptop. Can you try with a real mouse?

Is wireless mouse a "normal" mouse.
haha
Well this one doesn't bother much. Maybe it is my computer only (or yours). haha

Left in Stand by (Sleep) mode for a night today. Again, network error and can not refresh (stops responding).
Apr 22, 2008 12:17 PM

Jul 2007
Tried in XP in a virtual machine, still no problem with the scrollbar, dunno why it happens to you.

Could you try S3 after uninstalling windowblinds? I suspect wb might be screwing up here.
Apr 23, 2008 7:27 PM
Dec 2007
not sure if you'd call it a bug, but mal updater isnt detecting toloveru episodes.
Apr 23, 2008 10:11 PM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Oh, you mean it finds the file, opens it, then says it failed to find it? What is the exact message displayed?
Invalid Folder F:

Also, not sure if this has been said before. When in the "theme center" window. When i right clicked to delete a theme, nothing happens. Also not only that but the theme center and malu both are unclickable. Everywhere i click on malu, vista just makes a "ding" sound.
aeroApr 24, 2008 12:27 AM
Apr 24, 2008 1:20 AM

Jul 2007
The invalid folder message is normal if you have no disc in the dvd drive, it just goes on searching on the next folder in the list after;

Theme center: the window is disabled while loading the themes. About deleting: do you have UAC on?
Apr 24, 2008 1:21 AM

Jul 2007
Akuyazi said:
not sure if you'd call it a bug, but mal updater isnt detecting toloveru episodes.

it's because Ayako is naming the files really bad
Apr 24, 2008 2:06 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
The invalid folder message is normal if you have no disc in the dvd drive, it just goes on searching on the next folder in the list after;

Theme center: the window is disabled while loading the themes. About deleting: do you have UAC on?
UAC is turned off.
Apr 24, 2008 2:41 AM

Jul 2007
Can you try running malu as admin? Works fine here for me in Vista 64-bit.

How many themes do you have installed? Does the theme center show them all? While they are loading the previews, the window and right clicks won't work
Apr 24, 2008 2:48 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Can you try running malu as admin? Works fine here for me in Vista 64-bit.

How many themes do you have installed? Does the theme center show them all? While they are loading the previews, the window and right clicks won't work
My account is admin.
I have 18 themes installed and they are all displayed properly. Left clicking works but right clicking just "dings" and then any clicking after that just "dings".
Apr 24, 2008 2:52 AM

Jul 2007
Do you have "always on top"? try moving the window far from the middle of the screen, I think the delete dialog might be popping behind the window. Try also CTRL+SPACE when you get the ding, see if you get a sysmenu with the close/move/resize etc options, then you can move it with the arrow keys
Apr 24, 2008 3:02 AM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Do you have "always on top"? try moving the window far from the middle of the screen, I think the delete dialog might be popping behind the window. Try also CTRL+SPACE when you get the ding, see if you get a sysmenu with the close/move/resize etc options, then you can move it with the arrow keys
No, "always on top" is disabled.
Ahh...Yea the delete dialog is behind the window. Is the theme window set as always on top? Because the even when click on the dialog, the theme window is still on top..
Thanks anways
aeroApr 24, 2008 3:17 AM
Apr 24, 2008 5:20 AM

Jul 2007
It should be only on top of the main one, but you should still see the dialog..
I'll see if I can come up with a workaround, I have an idea why this might be happening
Apr 24, 2008 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
I'm not sure if it is a bug or not, but I was taking a look at the first episode of Shakugan no Shana (which is on my drive labeled as Shakugan no Shana 01, also I've finished watching the series) and it kept detecting it as Shakugan no Shana Movie Special which was on my plan to watch list.
Apr 24, 2008 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
Select Level 3 in settings/system/recognition level

it will fail to recognize many others though, so turn it back to 1 later (or just close malu if you aren't watching anything from your list :p)
Apr 24, 2008 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
Kotori said:
Select Level 3 in settings/system/recognition level

it will fail to recognize many others though, so turn it back to 1 later (or just close malu if you aren't watching anything from your list :p)

you need to add there what levels are available
Apr 24, 2008 2:21 PM

Jul 2007
1 to 5, where 1 is max and default. Normally you shouldn't need to change it, only in cases like that with 2-3 seasons of the same anime being confused, just try 2..3.. and see
Apr 25, 2008 3:51 AM

Sep 2007
Interesting note, I updated Special A earlier to episode three, and it said it updated just fine, but it never showed up in my sig. The site has it as updated, just isn't showing up, at all.

I'm pretty sure this is more of a MAL issue than a MALU issue, though. Just posting it here in case other are experiencing the same thing.

Also, the issue I had with series automatically showing as finished is gone. Thanks. :D
Apr 25, 2008 4:06 PM

Aug 2007
Dunno if this was talked about already, but when I watch an episode, the Mizuki popup thing doesn't show.
Apr 25, 2008 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
Maybe you have it disabled in the options? (it's only supposed to show when a new episode is scheduled)
Apr 25, 2008 4:17 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm no, it's unchecked so it shouldn't disable it. Still it doesn't show.
Apr 25, 2008 4:19 PM

Jul 2007
what's your setting for "update delay"?
Apr 25, 2008 4:28 PM

Aug 2007
No delay.
Apr 25, 2008 8:06 PM

Jul 2007
Currently it only shows up if the update is scheduled. I will make it show it also with no delay for next version.
May 1, 2008 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
wont log on most of the time and comes up with many network errors and hangs on retrieving anime list

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
May 6, 2008 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
Sometimes it ramdomly disconnects and comes up with a network error, can never get it to reconect unless i restart.

May 9, 2008 12:41 PM

Oct 2007
Just have noticed atm,
the animes like Gintama, D. Gray-Man, which have not an end date announced seem to bug with Malu. Their total episode number is not a '?', but a random number. I do not know if you understand me, here is a screen :
Here
Done it on Paint, not very nice xd
May 9, 2008 12:43 PM

Jul 2007
That's ok. Made it like that for anime with undetermined number of episodes, it will add 10 to your last watched episode as a reference so you can keep updating.
May 9, 2008 11:06 PM

Aug 2007
strange and funny?

i click in MALU to search for next xxxHolic Kei episode (episode 6)
I dont have this episode, but i dont get a error and MALU opens Girls Bravo second season episode 6 instead (watched this serie ages ago)
and MALU says im watching Wellber no Monogatari : Sisters of Wellber Zwei and want to update that serie (on my plan to watch list)

opening episode 5 of xxxHolic Kei via MALU also gives me a girls bravo s2 (episode 5)

putting Recognition Level back to 2 (like i had that before the new update ;_;) but kinda strange that it opens another serie above the serie you have.

file names:
[Shinsen-Subs]_xxxHOLiC_Kei_-_05_[BCCE7505].mp4
Girls Bravo - Second Season - 05 [AnY].avi
May 10, 2008 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
hmm it's because one of xxxHolic key's alternate names is "xxxHOLiC second season" (http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=3091) so "girls bravo second season" is pretty close and fires a match.

this only happens after a perfect match, alternate match, and partial match fail, in this case it finally found a partial match within the alternate names after the other methods failed.
May 15, 2008 9:07 AM
Feb 2008
MAL Updater v1.335

Tray Menu -> Tools -> Offline Mode -> AnimeLogs (Is it Bugs?)

Main Window -> Right Click -> Offline Mode -> AnimeLogs (I think it's the same as above)

Another Bug I found:

"File Rename Tool" won't open the 2nd time after I opened & closed the 1st time.

Note: Need to Restart the Program
lovelylemonadeMay 15, 2008 9:24 AM
May 15, 2008 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
Thanks, will fix the bug with rename tool. What's the problem with offline mode?
May 15, 2008 9:22 AM
Feb 2008
Well, It opens AnimeLogs Pop-Up, which is the same when you Right Click the Refresh Button.

Is it a bug?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (106) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM

» Recognition problems: post here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Jul 30, 2009

377 by hacker09 »»
Aug 8, 2020 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.