Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 15, 2020 1:12 PM
Mar 2018
They really played the real-live catastrophe card just a few years after the big earthquake, to make their beloved JSDF look even better? That's just grim and inapropriate...

And I have to agree with the previous poster, that attacking a prince in a medieval world right in front of his father the king, may be a very stupid idea, even if they touched one of your precious citizens. Because that may just have caused an outright war, which - and I have to disagree there with the previous poster - the modern weapons will very likely win, but that's not the issue right here. The issue is, that it would almost turn the kingdom into a mix of Nanjing and the imperial japanese army, or in short a bloodbath without any reason.
But sadly, realistic politics or reason are overshadowed in this anime by heroism and survival of the one with the better weapons (not even of the fittest, because soldiers in medieval times were actually pretty tough; that iron armour isn't paper mache after all)
DonTrumpolinoSep 15, 2020 1:29 PM
Mar 18, 2022 12:22 PM

May 2008
Another incredible show, the earthquake was just a warmup, but when Prince Hunter shows up with a Japanese slave things fall apart pretty quick and Prince Hunter got his men killed and got himself beat up by a LITTLE GIRL!

I enjoyed seeing an F-4 Phantom II drop a Mk-82 with a laser guidance package and take out an important but empty building, but it brings me to the one complaint I have about Gate - why such ancient aircraft? Although it looks cool, but I have no love for the F-4, never did, it was a cool looking plane but it's time came in 1966 and went in 1976. Japan is flying some awesome aircraft, including F-15's and F-16, and were flying them long before Gate became an anime.

And what's with the Huey's? Another aircraft that the SDF retired for Blackhawks and V-22 ospreys. There's a scene from season 1 plucked straight from Apocalypse Now where the Huey crewman sits on his helmet, why would you worry about that when striking a target with no AA capability?

And what's with the Cobra gunships when the SDF has the MUCH cooler Apache's

I love the Chinooks however. Great plane!

Speaking of Apache helicopters, here's the happiest attack helicopter in the SDF, the good ship Wakana Kisarazu

PKAmmoTroopMar 18, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 28, 2022 4:39 AM

Jan 2018
If I remind myself of how useless I was, I'll refer back to the Emperor being a dumbass.

He'll pay the price obviously.
Aug 14, 2022 5:44 AM
I like water

Feb 2020
Definitely this was the most graphic episode. What a disgusting guy that Zorzal is, when Itami gave the order to shoot I got excited thinking that they would shoot that bastard.

Poor little Noriko, I am sincerely against peace with the Empire, JSDF should have bombed the entire capital
Dec 4, 2022 1:30 PM

Sep 2019
cringe and cringe too
also punch out reference bitch ass motherfucker fucking died
i hate womem
Dec 5, 2022 8:01 PM

Nov 2014
There's a small part of me that wonders if modern day soldiers would actually act so honourably even with all the policies. I'm sure there will be some, but deep in enemy territory in a meeting that's supposed to be diplomatic? Especially in a medieval court of a king/emperor, it could have led to a bloodbath.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 14, 2022 8:14 AM

Dec 2022
Fuck yeah that prince asshole got beat!  The bunny defended him though :(, I hope she finds better than that dirtbag.  I mean sure, instead of being used by multiple guys she is the prince's whatever but he's still an asshole that treated her like shit >:(.  Not cool man, NOT cool.

Dec 4, 2023 6:56 AM

Nov 2023
Muhahha, that guy deserved it! Get beaten up, fool!
Dec 6, 2023 11:38 AM

Dec 2022
Not sure if bombing that senate building was the correct course of action if you're trying to complete peace talks, since it only increased tensions between these two worlds. I do, however, get that the JSDF aren't messing around regarding captured civilians.

Looks like bunny girl is either embodiment of Stockholm syndrome, or has ulterior motives.

Who is Hiroki anyway? Noriko mentioned him, but it didn't explain his relation to her.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Season 3? ( 1 2 )

AshAkinola - Mar 25, 2016

57 by DaThorAkilia »»
May 22, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2016

136 by Jagermeister-kun »»
Mar 25, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

231 by Estefan »»
Jan 17, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

333 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

190 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.