Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (59) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2009 2:59 PM

Oct 2008
I am super proud of myself for getting up earlier than I have in months that I can recall so I could make sure I could catch the Yui Makino performance this morning. That's between 6 and 7 for me, go me. o.o
Sep 26, 2009 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
Hi 5.

A loud alarm is usually very effective. Sure it scares the hell out of you but at least you're awake. Though that amount of stress in the morning definitely can't be good for you.

How long does it take for you to actually get up?

Sep 26, 2009 7:13 PM

Oct 2008
the loud alarm ends up giving me a headache.
Sep 27, 2009 4:09 AM

Mar 2009
Today I hit the snooze button 6 times *coughs*
But to be fair.... I didn't HAVE to be up at 10. I just thought it would be nice to be up at 10. XD
Sep 27, 2009 6:22 PM

Aug 2009
6 times? 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 +5 + 4 = 39 minutes wasted hitting the snooze button and dozing. Wouldn't that take more energy and make you more irritated?

Sep 27, 2009 7:10 PM

Mar 2009
I used to do that as well, but then I developed this habit of just turning it off and going back to sleep. Now I turn it off, but I get up regardless of how tired I am.
Sep 28, 2009 8:17 AM

Mar 2009
Lystle said:
6 times? 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 +5 + 4 = 39 minutes wasted hitting the snooze button and dozing. Wouldn't that take more energy and make you more irritated?

Eh, everytime I hit the snooze button it's 9 minutes. So I "wasted" nearly an hour ;D
For me it works, it doesn't irritate me. I can get up without it if I have to; when I have someone stay the night for example I usually don't do that because, well, most people don't and I'm nice and consider others :P
Sep 28, 2009 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
Is this still an introduction board or?....
Sep 28, 2009 7:59 PM

Mar 2009
you can talk about yourself, yes :D that is how this conversation started.
Sep 28, 2009 8:05 PM

Sep 2009
But I'd feel like I'd be interupting an important conversation about alarm clocks. Although I have something to add on that =)
I use my cellphone's alarm as one. But, I've come to hate the sound it makes when it goes off. I hate waking up. So now I associate whatever sound my cellphone makes with waking up so I dislike my phone making noises.
In closing, it's impossible to wake up.
Sep 28, 2009 8:22 PM

Mar 2009
nah, never worry about interrupting a conversation around here, we always like others joining in ^^

lol you better tell all your friends not to call you then XD
But I know what you mean. I have a love-hate relationship with my mobile phone as well D:
Sep 28, 2009 8:36 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah, one time I got a call from a random number at 8am and I clicked 'Cancel' and went back to sleep. Then when I called them back it was just some random person with no business with me....waking me up for no reason <.<

Hmm. My phone is pretty cheap but because it slides out to reveal the number pad people are like 'Wow! What a fancy phone!'. Nevertheless, I don't have the attachment to my phone that other people have to their phones.

Ah good. I'd hate to interrupt.
Sep 28, 2009 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
not into fancy mobile phones myself; I only use it to make calls and send texts.

If I don't know the caller ID, I never call back. I let them call me back :D And I often don't pick up the phone if there's no caller ID at all.
It must be pretty hard to get a hold of me on my mobile phone sometimes lol
Sep 28, 2009 9:00 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah I got mine as birthday present. I just asked for one that could send texts and make phone calls. Ooh and a fancy camera on it too. So I got one like that.

Yeah but I thought I might as well sort it out....the person was really confused when I called o.o.

I don't know anyone who actually uses their mobile phone it make calls anymore. Everyone texts these days.
Sep 28, 2009 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
most of my friends use it to make calls. I often prefer calling too, if it's just something that can be taken care of within a few minutes ^^ more personal.

But I also know people who will send a text that just says "OK." "THX." "Yes." "No." I find that very weird D:
Sep 28, 2009 9:29 PM

Sep 2009
Me too, I prefer talking to text messaging. You can just get so many more things said than with texts.
I'll tend not to send messages like that cos they'd use up my precious phone money o.o
Although I kinda feel like I'm interupting people whenever I text or call them out of the blue....
Sep 28, 2009 9:48 PM

Mar 2009
Don't be so timid :D That's what people have mobile phones for - so that people cann contact them. They should be clever enough to switch the phone off or ignore it when they're busy.
Sure, sometimes they forget but.... that is hardly the caller's fault.
Sep 28, 2009 9:52 PM

Sep 2009
I guess. But I still can't shake off the feeling like I'm bothering them...
But they might pick up and fly into a rage and starting yelling at the caller o.o What's the poor lil' caller to do?
Sep 28, 2009 9:54 PM

Mar 2009
I have no idea, because my friends would never yell at me for calling them o_ô
Sep 28, 2009 10:01 PM

Sep 2009
....well neither do mine lol....but it might happen one day. I might catch them at a wrong time or something. People's lives are kinda stressful I guess.
Plus I don't know whether the text conversation has ended or whether or not you should text back with something even when everything has been cleared up...argh.Darn you mobile phones! You are truly a bane!
Sep 28, 2009 11:47 PM

Mar 2009
Sure life is busy these days.... it wouldn't be your fault if they're busy and they answer their phone.... unless they tell you "DO NOT CALL ME TOMORROW I HAVE BRAIN SURGERY!!!" or something important like that is going on, you know it and then call anyways lol

Wow... mobile phones can cause a lot of social awkwardness for you, I see XD
But I do know what you mean... sometimes with certain people I'm not sure as well.
Sep 29, 2009 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
Moimy said:
But I'd feel like I'd be interupting an important conversation about alarm clocks.
I sense massive sarcasm.

Calling people can be awkward because sometimes you're stuck with nothing to say and an awkward silence can slowly creep in.

Sep 29, 2009 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
Lystle said:
Moimy said:
Calling people can be awkward because sometimes you're stuck with nothing to say and an awkward silence can slowly creep in.

which is why i ask people to text ahead if they are going to call.

cereal though, ever since i got one these qwertz qwerty :-( keyboards on a phone, i've actually been using the texting feature, which is something i never used before. it's easier because i can just say something quickly, i tend to otherwise get into long conversations or not want to call at all.
Sep 29, 2009 7:00 AM

Mar 2009
Lystle said:

I only know awkward silence from face-to-face situations. I'm not good with awkward situations, especially silent ones. The more awkward it gets, the more I feel like laughing. One could think laughing would relieve the weird feelings... it increases them for the other person, it seems D:
It's like being caught in a giggle loop.

If it's on a phone I don't think it's that bad. It's easier to end the "conversation" by just saying "I've still got to do this and that so I'll talk to you later, right?"
Not smooth but it's enough.
Sep 29, 2009 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
I can't just leave suddenly like that. I find that even worse. D: I like to have a legitimate reason for leaving. Well...most of the time. The goodbyes are always weird for me too.

Haha you're one of those people who laugh or make jokes when they're uncomfortable. If you have no sense of embarrassment you should be able to break out of it.

@almighty: Don't you find it uncomfortable? This may be just me, but sometimes the fingers are too big and can't hit the buttons because they're too small.

Sep 29, 2009 7:41 PM

Sep 2009
Lystle said:
Moimy said:
But I'd feel like I'd be interupting an important conversation about alarm clocks.
I sense massive sarcasm.

Sorry ^.^ I'm kinda a sarcastic person....but I kinda meant what I said...

Ahh I get those awkward silences all the time! >.< Especially when I'm talking to someone I've just met because I'm like 'What should we talk about? What can we talk about? What topic might this person be interested in?' so we end up just making small talk until the silence happens again....then I try to break the silence by going 'Ah.....yeah'.

Goodbyes are so awkward...they're so weird.
Sep 30, 2009 2:37 AM

Mar 2009
I have a sense of embarrassment.
Yes, in some situations I have to laugh when I'm embarrassed or it gets awkward. I prefer laughing to feeling bad about something that isn't even worth feeling bad about. Most of the time these awkward situations don't even have a "big enough" reason that justifies all the awkwardness.
Sep 30, 2009 5:39 PM

Aug 2009
They just happen right? I find it incredibly funny when everyone's talking and then whoosh, complete silence.

Sep 30, 2009 7:29 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah like the conversations going non-stop then suddenly...nothing. And then you try to think about things to talk about but the thought 'Man this is awkward' prevents you from doing so...
Sep 30, 2009 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
I'm never good in circumstances like that, I usually find some exit-point to go find the food. I'm much better with dominant personalities who ask all the questions, so I can just answer or go along with thing.
Oct 1, 2009 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
Moimy said:
'Man this is awkward'

I usually just say that instead of just thinking it.... Weird enough, me saying "Man, this is awkward. We should talk." has often broken the tension and got the conversation going again. I like to call it desperation but I always find something to ask when I feel silence creeping up XD
Of course sometimes nothing will work... then it's just better to end the call/meetinig altogether D:

But thankfully there isn't only awkward silence. With some people silence can be very comfortable.... no, I don't mean because I don't want to hear them talk XD With good friends, i.e. you don't always have to talk non-stop.
Oct 1, 2009 6:10 PM

Aug 2009
olmecalmighty said:
I'm never good in circumstances like that, I usually find some exit-point to go find the food. I'm much better with dominant personalities who ask all the questions, so I can just answer or go along with thing.
Just ask the first thing that comes into your hand. It's quite easy. Just be...creative. xD

Saying "this is awkward" can make it worse don't you think? It never breaks the silence for me. A good indication I should just end it.

It's important to know when to shut up and when to talk though. Sometimes you make it worse.

Oct 1, 2009 6:52 PM

Sep 2009
Saying 'this is awkward' can make it worse only if you're talking to a new person and who might get easily offended methinks. If you say it while talking to a friend you'll tend to just laugh over it but if you say it with a new person they'll be like 'Hmm they aren't taking the conversation seriously! Grr'.
Oct 2, 2009 3:25 AM

Mar 2009
that never happened to me o.O maybe I was just lucky and never got to know new people who are easily offended by stupid stuff lol
Oct 2, 2009 9:41 AM

Oct 2008
Moimy said:
Saying 'this is awkward' can make it worse only if you're talking to a new person and who might get easily offended methinks.

i would never say that one. i would just as soon find a convenient excuse to walk away. i hate it when people say that, as if i weren't self-conscious enough it that situation.
Oct 2, 2009 9:48 AM

Mar 2009
I think I must be really lucky that I never experienced a situation where it gets so awkward that people feel really bad.... hope I never will D:
But I can imagine leaving with a (often bad) excuse in a situation like that will make the other person feel even more awful.^^;
Oct 2, 2009 10:21 AM

Oct 2008
you must be one of those people though, the ones that carry conversations so that the uncomfortable ones never have to worry.
Oct 2, 2009 10:44 AM

Mar 2009
Usually I'm okay with that^^
It depends on the person I talk to... but that's just how it is, I guess, people develop a certain dynamic when talking to each other.
What my friends like to tease me about is that I like to ask lots of questions in conversations "like a small child" but I can't help it. Most people can talk about one thing or other I don't know much about but am interested in, be it a certain sport or field of science or whatever.
Nothing wrong with interested questions though, I think (as long as you also talk about something at some point and not only ask lol). Better than saying nothing and giving the other person the impression that you don't care for anything they've got to say.
Oct 2, 2009 10:48 AM

Oct 2008
they can always talk to you though, to answer your questions. and talk about them, it takes the weight off of them.
Oct 2, 2009 11:03 AM

Mar 2009
Yeah that's one of the reasons I like to ask questions (apart from the fact that I just can't help asking because I like to know about things D:). I myself hate it when people just want me to talk without asking stuff or saying anything themselves. Now THAT is uncomfortable and awkward in my book o_O;
Oct 2, 2009 11:25 AM

Oct 2008
you have those moments too. <3

but who wants to just talk without asking or saying anything, isn't that not talking?
Oct 2, 2009 11:30 AM

Mar 2009
I rarely have moments where I don't have ANYTHING to say.... it's the other way around actually and I think that's worse. When I'm really nervous I ramble like an idiot and say very embarrassing things sometimes.
Embarrassing for me of course, other people either get scared or laugh at me. :(
That doesn't happen a lot though, thankfully.

Nah, I meant .... dunno if you know people like that but I have met one or two of them: they expect others to talk all the time while they say... nothing, except for a greeting and goodbye at the end of the "conversation" ... if you can call it a conversation. I'd call it a tragic monologue.
Oct 2, 2009 11:51 AM

Oct 2008
some people, yes. but because of the way i am our conversations/interactions barely extend that long. it's usually very short lived. because i can't carry it, and they don't.
Oct 2, 2009 12:09 PM

Mar 2009
"conversations" like that are not worth carrying on with anyway :(
Oct 2, 2009 12:24 PM

Oct 2008
well, i usually like getting the questions still though, i'm always good at answering them, and voicing my opinions about stuff to people once i'm comfortable enough.
Oct 2, 2009 12:41 PM

Mar 2009
That's okay, I think, but the important thing is that people just talk. Be it answering to questions or asking some themselves or... whatever. Sure, some people just don't get along very well, have nothing in common and nothing to tell each other and that's alright. Not everyone can click. As long as you at least try to talk to someone that's enough :D
Oct 2, 2009 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Better you tried talking to them then simply just avoiding the person's eyes every time you meet. That's when it gets awkward.

I don't like it when someone says "Hi" but can't follow through on the actual conversation. It really grinds my gears. At least put a little effort into it.

If you're more of a question person, does that mean that your own life is too dull to speak about?

Oct 2, 2009 7:27 PM

Sep 2009
Hmm. Me and my friends are incredibly indecisive (like we take ages to find a place to eat) so when it goes silent we'll end up telling each other 'Hey, come up with a topic to talk about' and we'll just keep on passing that along to the next person until we come up with a topic.
Hmm. I'm kinda more of listening person but I really don't need to know some things. Like some people will come along and say 'I have a biggg melodramatic secret and it's so great and melodramatic!'(well they don't say that exactly) but I'll just be like 'Okay then. If it's a secret, I don't need to know...' People who have secrets tend to want to yell them out a lot.

My life is pretty dull I guess, cos when people ask me 'So what have you been doing?' I can't come up with an answer...
Oct 3, 2009 4:47 AM

Mar 2009
Lystle said:
If you're more of a question person, does that mean that your own life is too dull to speak about?

Actually yes. I am the dullest person with the dullest life most people ever meet so in order to keep them talking I have to ask questions. Otherwise no one would talk to me. Which is also why I clearly wrote that I only ask questions and never do anything else during a conversation.

Just like people who prefer to listen are really just too stupid to talk themselves ^^
Oct 3, 2009 4:25 PM

Aug 2009
@Moimy: It's okay. It seems like we all do it. :D
I feel bad about myself then. I'm dull. xD

At least we all try to keep the conversation going and trying to make things interesting. So we're not dull. Just a dull life. xD

And it's not that you're stupid when you prefer to listen, you just have nothing to contribute to the current conversation. xD And maybe you have no idea what they're talking about.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (59) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Agree or Not Agree GAME ( 1 2 3 )

Mrokand - Oct 6, 2009

105 by Matiss001 »»
Sep 21, 2021 3:38 AM

» Help discover the manga

kiddygradelover - Oct 15, 2016

0 by kiddygradelover »»
Oct 15, 2016 9:25 PM

» Last Letter Word Game + Anime Series and Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 24, 2009

5297 by removed-user »»
Jan 5, 2015 4:50 AM

» ABC Word Game + Anime Series and Characters ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ailisa - Mar 27, 2009

4347 by potatocat »»
Apr 14, 2013 9:13 AM

» Tell us your &quot;Mood&quot; today ^^ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aezile - Jun 15, 2009

352 by -Envy- »»
Nov 7, 2012 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.