Forums

Normal Game v1: Mostly Seinen Mafia | GAME OVER - Web of Lies

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (83) « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2017 3:45 PM

Jan 2016
CP said:

@Crossbell tell me why u think dono is scum?
I already explained why earlier in the game, but now I think she is town because I checked her. I don't think Gruffin is scum.

And yes RE I think Dias is probably town. I will make a post detailing my reads as soon as I finish catching up and replying to people.

Sep 2016
vote: Kit
Would much rather go down this route, honestly. And I can sort of understand Crossbell's want to get rid of someone who'd interfere with their ability.

Yeah, it's gonna be Kit/Gruffin/Roz for me today. Preferably Kit/Gruffin though.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.

Oct 2011
alot of Dono's flip might tell us smthing. if Cross is telling the truth we'll get Gruffin as well. Gruffin has been diverting us from Roz if it says anything.
ofc all hypothetical, best to lynch Roz and see Dono's flip

Sep 18, 2017 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
Phraze said:
alot of Dono's flip might tell us smthing. if Cross is telling the truth we'll get Gruffin as well. Gruffin has been diverting us from Roz if it says anything.
That would be amazing if that were the case. So fucking amazing.
But I have shit luck, so probably not :///
Sep 18, 2017 3:48 PM

Sep 2016
@CorruptedPurity
Can I ask you to revisit Gruffin's whiteknighting? Feels like she's been doing a lot of it.
Sep 18, 2017 3:51 PM

Oct 2011
RE1031 said:
Phraze said:
if Cross is town and copped Gruffin/Dono, lynching Gruffin while Dono gets modkilled is pointless.
Kit could be town and Gruffin scum. which points back to Dono's flip again. [edit: since it makes no sense for Kit to track Cross who visited Gruffin unless they're opposite alignment lol]
better go for Roz. and srsly, I feel better on him.
PhrazeSep 18, 2017 3:54 PM

Sep 18, 2017 3:55 PM

Sep 2016
Phraze said:
RE1031 said:
if Cross is town and copped Gruffin/Dono, lynching Gruffin while Dono gets modkilled is pointless.
Kit could be town and Gruffin scum. which points back to Dono's flip again.
better go for Roz. and srsly, I feel better on him.
Fine, fine, I will. Eventually. End of today, probs.

In the meanwhile, @roz1roz , can you tell us how your ability works? Did you choose someone day 1, or did you activate your ability at night?
Sep 18, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
Gruffin is my highest town read, so that in fact makes Dono town also, and of course Cross is implying that, I believe that he his Mafia Parity cop. Move your vote to him and maybe ill believe your town.

OK walk me through your thought process here last

How is a Mafia Parity Cop make any sense in this setup

It's not useful on mafia since they know all alignments and it's confirmed that this game has 12 town and 4 scum

Sep 18, 2017 4:02 PM

Jan 2016
RE1031 said:
@Crossbell Why did you think Dias was going to die? Also, why are you so quick to dismiss the possibility of a mafia roleblocker? Additionally, there are many other roles that could screw up the results - redirector, for example.
I already explained this earlier but

1) I thought Dias was going to die because of my above reasoning

2) I am dismissing the possibility of a mafia roleblocker because I know Bur and how he designs setups and he likes things to be elegant. Mafia roleblocker and town roleblocker is the very definition of inelegant

3) That's why I wanted to do something unexpected. Having all results and night actions accounted for during the Day is a field day for scum.
Sep 18, 2017 4:06 PM

Oct 2011
Crossbell said:
lastwhisper31 said:
Gruffin is my highest town read, so that in fact makes Dono town also, and of course Cross is implying that, I believe that he his Mafia Parity cop. Move your vote to him and maybe ill believe your town.

OK walk me through your thought process here last

How is a Mafia Parity Cop make any sense in this setup

It's not useful on mafia since they know all alignments and it's confirmed that this game has 12 town and 4 scum

he probably meant mafia cop of any sort. parity cop is too obv town. mind u Roz claimed bodyguard which is also obv town. Roz could've helped u there. or so the claim pattern goes. tho I have a hard time with how ur justifying all those plays.. maybe Roz claimed that after seeing u claim parity cop

Sep 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2011
@Crossbell
what do u think of Roz?

Sep 18, 2017 4:11 PM

Jan 2016
I am conflicted about roz.

On one hand, I can't deny that he is scummy as all get out. He is uncooperative, he isn't interested in solving, and he doubtcasts us constantly.

On the other hand, my reads this game are ABSOLUTE TRASH so I am uncertain about myself. My gut is saying that scum wouldn't act this blatantly anti town, and I am still looking at that EoD1 vote count where there was a 5-4 vote on roz and grrr. In my experience, that type of vote count never lynches a scum, because scum would most likely save their buddy there.

So I don't know. This isn't the answer you like, but I am just soooooo confused about my reads right now because everyone I am scumreading is flipping town.
Sep 18, 2017 4:12 PM

Dec 2014
Phraze said:
CorruptedPurity said:

One queston: Why do you think it can't be town/town?
Abu wanting to lynch CP and CP gambiting(?) on Abu. there was no outside pressure. I'd like to think that players have their ways to read ppl, and it isnt all just paranoia. there must be some truth smwhere. going after each other without much outside pressure means its instinctive, or scum theatre.

Abu didn't want to lynch me. His only vote on me was RVS vote and that's cause its Kurapika vs Pitou. I think it is a T/T interaction. He doesn't scumread me.
Sep 18, 2017 4:13 PM

Sep 2016
@Crossbell
Do you think bodyguard and doctor overlap?
Sep 18, 2017 4:14 PM

Jan 2016
RE1031 said:
I disagree so strongly with the vote switch. There was no guarantee that grrr would roleblock him, and given how strongly he decided to defend Ruu, that vote switch should have never been an option for him. aa was inactive. We see now she's probably going to be modkilled. Cross didn't explain why aa was scummy to begin with, and with the parity cop shot, I think it's far more useful to use it on people who are actually interacting with others. Why not use it on roz, who's one of the biggest causes of all this chaos? His night action choice does not make any sense to me, and the last time I saw that happen, he was scum.

There was no guarantee grr would roleblock me? Yeah no.

Let me pull up two posts:
grrr said:
Guess who is getting blocked if I survive today : D
grrr said:
vote: crossbell

Check out the timestamps in those two posts. grrr HATES how I play and scumreads me in every game. He's always blocking me there.

I explained why I thought aa was scum earlier. I can bring up that post if you want.

I'm sorry if my philosophy about how to use the parity cop shot differs from yours. I wanted to get a mafia flip because we mislynched and I thought dono was my best bet.
Sep 18, 2017 4:14 PM

Dec 2014
Crossbell said:
ABSOLUTE TRASH

Someone pinged me?
Sep 18, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
RE1031 said:
@Crossbell
Do you think bodyguard and doctor overlap?
In a power role heavy game this size my guess would be no? Especially if doctor and bodyguard have limiting factors on their roles (as in they are limited shot or something).

Sep 18, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2014
Fun fact: My first fakeclaim was bodyblocker (twins). As mafia, I always like to claim a bodyguard/bodyblocker role. It just instinctively comes as a good fakeclaim to me. So compared to say Parity cop or odd night tracker, I'm more suspicious of a BG claim especially when we already have a doc.
Sep 18, 2017 4:18 PM

Jan 2016
Also RE the reason why I tried powerwolfing in that game was because bussing would be useless since the town would win if they lynched Ruu. Therefore it was in my best interest to protect Ruu as much as possible.

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
@CorruptedPurity
Can I ask you to revisit Gruffin's whiteknighting? Feels like she's been doing a lot of it.

It was my original reason for scumreading her as she had NO scumreads, but in retrospect, maybe it was cause everyone behaved soo towny. But her read on phraze gives me much more confidence.

Sep 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
Fun fact: My first fakeclaim was bodyblocker (twins). As mafia, I always like to claim a bodyguard/bodyblocker role. It just instinctively comes as a good fakeclaim to me. So compared to say Parity cop or odd night tracker, I'm more suspicious of a BG claim especially when we already have a doc.
How do you know we have a doctor?
Sep 18, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
CorruptedPurity said:

Cos no one died.
Sep 18, 2017 4:21 PM

Sep 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
RE1031 said:

Cos no one died.
Why not jailor? Why not bulletproof? Maybe scum are dumb and forgot to send in night kill.
Sep 18, 2017 4:28 PM

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
CorruptedPurity said:

Cos no one died.
Why not jailor? Why not bulletproof? Maybe scum are dumb and forgot to send in night kill.

Cos we have a town RB. No setup will make town that OP. And scum can't be dumb if they caused so much chaos D1 and D2.

We have a cfm town RB
Maybe a odd and even night tracker
Maybe a parity cop
Maybe whatever other softclaims there are.
Why would host give town sooo much PR?

Either way, even if we had a jailor/BP. Then the combo of RB + jailor/BP + BG is too op, too many saves for town. Which is why I think the BG claim is bs.

Oct 2011
Crossbell said:
I am conflicted about roz.

On one hand, I can't deny that he is scummy as all get out. He is uncooperative, he isn't interested in solving, and he doubtcasts us constantly.

On the other hand, my reads this game are ABSOLUTE TRASH so I am uncertain about myself. My gut is saying that scum wouldn't act this blatantly anti town, and I am still looking at that EoD1 vote count where there was a 5-4 vote on roz and grrr. In my experience, that type of vote count never lynches a scum, because scum would most likely save their buddy there.

So I don't know. This isn't the answer you like, but I am just soooooo confused about my reads right now because everyone I am scumreading is flipping town.
he freakin gave us wine the whole of D2. D3 still deep in the tunnel of just the 'leader' group. and he avoided u for some reason. wouldn't town have some scumhunting strategy by now?

May 2012
Kit said:
@gruffin i think you pinged me too about your phraze thing. no time to go in depth but i think you're being paranoid. phraze is ez mislynch. she's clearly town to me. what do you think of roz, since he believes phraze to be scum too? i cant remember if you scum read him, but if you do then he'd have to be bussing for both him and phraze to be scum
Why does everyone keep saying I'm paranoid...D;

What about Phraze makes her clearly town?

Opinion on roz is this:
Gruffin said:
I'm actually pretty curious about Roz's alignment because of how Phraze and him have been at each others' throats for awhile now. Parts of his conversation with Phraze are making a lot of sense, but his play D1 was just...ugh.
Gruffin said:
Well, I'm thinking Phraze is the more likely scum out of the two considering that her posts have this concrete scum mindset behind them while Roz's are scummy because they aren't explained clearly.
Sep 18, 2017 4:30 PM

May 2012
lastwhisper31 said:
you keep trying to shift the focus, I specifically have no idea where to place Rosie yet and at least I haven't town read her, but I want to focus on the PoE's we have currently.
Nahhh I'd rather lynch Phraze today. Sorting Rosie can wait.
Sep 18, 2017 4:31 PM

Oct 2011
Gruffin said:
Kit said:
What about Phraze makes her clearly town?
vvvvv
Phraze said:
AlbertinoDias said:
@phraze I can confirm you can flavour without problems because I have connects that helped me in that ;)
good to know. I guess that was a trick question on me lol. full claim with no scum lynch is just bad..

Sep 18, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
RE1031 said:

Cos we have a town RB. No setup will make town that OP. And scum can't be dumb if they caused so much chaos D1 and D2.

We have a cfm town RB
Maybe a parity cop

Either way, even if we had a jailor/BP. Then the combo of RB + jailor/BP + BG is too op, too many saves for town. Which is why I think the BG claim is bs.
I do have to wonder why he claimed yesterday and not the day before when both times he was about to be lynched.
Sep 18, 2017 4:33 PM

Oct 2011
Gruffin said:
lastwhisper31 said:
you keep trying to shift the focus, I specifically have no idea where to place Rosie yet and at least I haven't town read her, but I want to focus on the PoE's we have currently.
no way. I swear didnt Kit just say ur paranoid? why wont u trust ur townread and she alrdy replied u lel

Sep 18, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2014
Gruffin said:
lastwhisper31 said:

I'm quite adamant for a roz lynch today. If he flips scum, we lynch cross. Otherwise, I'm all ears to lynch phraze. Her EoD2 was suspiciously too calm given the situation I'll admit.
Sep 18, 2017 4:35 PM

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
CorruptedPurity said:

We have a cfm town RB
Maybe a parity cop

I do have to wonder why he claimed yesterday and not the day before when both times he was about to be lynched.

So... Can I convert you to a roz voter now?
Sep 18, 2017 4:36 PM

Oct 2011
CorruptedPurity said:
Gruffin said:

I'm quite adamant for a roz lynch today. If he flips scum, we lynch cross. Otherwise, I'm all ears to lynch phraze. Her EoD2 was suspiciously too calm given the situation I'll admit.
the only thing scummy about me is the lack of panic? tell me when have I ever panicked. it was actually hilarious. tho rly, I'm glad Cross will go before me lol. cuz I'm sure Roz will flip

Sep 18, 2017 4:37 PM

Oct 2011
CorruptedPurity said:
RE1031 said:

vvvvv
RE1031 said:
Fine, fine, I will. Eventually. End of today, probs.

Sep 18, 2017 4:38 PM

Sep 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
RE1031 said:

If roz flips town, we're lynching Kit, no questions asked. Sound fair?
Sep 18, 2017 4:38 PM

Jan 2014
Phraze said:
Phraze said:
there there child. I can claim anytime~
and lets not forgetti Roz claimed some weird chara, idk villain?, in anime. I'm the main

Tbh, you should be lynched for this comment and other weird ones. But I'm not gonna bother anymore.

vote: roz

Maybe they will get a better look at you vs Gruffin tommorow.
I'm pretty sure one of you is scum. Either Gruffins etting an easy misslynch after my death, or you.

Bye, gonna read rest of day.
Sep 18, 2017 4:41 PM

Jan 2016
OK so I am caught up.

I don't really care about how anyone thinks about me now, but I really need to start re-evaluating my townreads because everyone who I think is mafia is flipping town. Gruffin will be self resolving with dono's modkill, so let's go with someone who I defended strongly Yesterday:

Vote CorruptedPurity

Here is my reasoning:

1. His Day 1 was strongly townie, yes, but that was Day 1. I think scum!CP can fake a good Day 1. Looking at my post where I townread him - (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1662537&show=500#msg52270859) - his "Bosses don't talk" post was something to townread him off on Day 1 but I think it's more null now. He was trying to solve AbuHumaid but I feel like his read on Abu is stagnant and mostly limited to Day 1. Him going out of his way to defend Ruu I think is a white knight on someone that he knew that was town AND he never really followed up on the white knight.

2. He's been consistently tunneling roz and he keeps saying that "his motivation is not townish" but he's not really considering the possibility that roz might just be a player like SightlessReality who derives enjoyment from people hating how he plays like I am in #2662. He's sticking to his scumread on roz endlessly.

3. He explained his Abu interaction, which was good. But look at his reads list:

CorruptedPurity said:
It's honestly gonna take a monster out of me to catchup this game with this speed, I'm gonna need more time before casting a vote.

Who I won't vote

Abu (The Abu Gambit)
aa-dono (The White Knight Gambit - will elaborate later)
Crossbell (Duh)

More willing to vote
Gruffin (TWKG - will eventually elaborate if I have time)
roz1roz (Unorthodox is one thing, but something seems off with him this game)

Person of interest:
AlbertoDias (TWKG - will eventually elaborate)

Town leans (highly won't vote but may be convinced)
Kit
RE

Everyone else is fair game. Convince me to vote them or I'll stick to my list.

He says that he has caught one scum in Gruffin but I don't really see any reasoning from him OR any interaction from him explaining why he thinks Gruffin is scum. Also keep in mind his reads, we'll go over it later.

4. Next to EoD he makes a couple of bookkeeping posts where he just lays out hypothetical possibilities but doesn't offer or chime in with any of his own thoughts. He makes a blanket statement saying that all the PRs are scummy which is a scum agenda tbh. He's trying to mislynch as many PRs as he can by using that logic.

Also he still hasn't offered his thoughts on Gruffin here NOR has he interacted with her.

5. He goes "I can get behind this" in response to Gruffin's case. WHY WOULD YOU AGREE WITH SOMEONE YOU THINK IS SCUM?

6. Chaining lynches:

CP said:

OK so I said to look at his reads. He thinks dono is town. Sure. He won't vote me. Sure. I proved my PR. That doesn't explain why he sheeped Gruffin on Phraze after scumreading Gruffin for most of the game without interacting with her or explaining that read. That smells to me like manufactured reads to me.

Also he thinks Kit is town but then he says that after they claim that it's NAI.

I know that I strongly defended him Day 2 but that was because I had my tunnel glasses on and wasn't willing to re-evaluate. Plus, I want to see how CP reacts to my case on him so I can get a better grasp on his alignment, since I haven't interacted with him super much so far.
Sep 18, 2017 4:43 PM

Jan 2016
Also he's been too focused on mechanics IMO this phase
Sep 18, 2017 4:43 PM

May 2012
Phraze said:
Gruffin said:
vvvvv
Phraze said:
good to know. I guess that was a trick question on me lol. full claim with no scum lynch is just bad..

I'm asking Kit for clarification.
Phraze said:
no way. I swear didnt Kit just say ur paranoid? why wont u trust ur townread and she alrdy replied u lel
Sep 18, 2017 4:45 PM

Sep 2016
@CorruptedPurity
Oh yeah!! You need to explain all of your reads. Especially Dias and Kit.
Sep 18, 2017 4:47 PM

Jan 2016
I will be on and off active tonight but I need to work on a project

CP /needs/ to interact with me though
Sep 18, 2017 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
Crossbell said:
5. He goes "I can get behind this" in response to Gruffin's case. WHY WOULD YOU AGREE WITH SOMEONE YOU THINK IS SCUM?
@Gruffin I think this is what I was trying to tell u about ur townread on Kit lol. why would u disagree with someone u think is town?

Sep 18, 2017 4:49 PM

Oct 2011
also wow... I actually like the CP vote. I'm sure RE agrees too

Sep 18, 2017 4:50 PM

Sep 2016
Phraze said:
Oh yes <3
Sep 18, 2017 4:52 PM

Jan 2016
yeah sorry for not being around for most of yesterday and today

classes + i needed to work on discrete maths and stuff

should be here until eod though

if cp is town he needs to work with me
Sep 18, 2017 4:55 PM

Dec 2014
Crossbell said:

I'm a mechanical player in nature. What you want me to say?

Most of your points on me are regarding my changing POV and reads. Wouldn't you? Change your reads that is. I came to town read gruffin cos I saw town motivation in her push on phraze. It was well thought out and showed clear signs of having a thought process that rings town with me.

I tunnel on roz? Today I am, not solely cos of his behavior. I mentioned this before but he weaseled his way out of 2 lynches by a hair. Someone is trying to keep him alive. Day 1 it was you. Day 2 I was tricked to keep him alive. Would town want to defend such a suspicious character? No. The way the EoD played out also made him scumread him. I did mention this on my explanation to RE
Sep 18, 2017 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
Phraze said:
Oh yes <3

Top 10 anime betrayals of all time
Sep 18, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2012
Phraze said:
Crossbell said:
@Gruffin I think this is what I was trying to tell u about ur townread on Kit lol. why would u disagree with someone u think is town?
Can we please stop talking about this point.....

This is comparing apples to oranges.

Town = Trustworthy, but uninformed
Scum = Untrustworthy, but informed

Town can be wrong. Town can disagree. Town have NO CLUE what's going on half the time.
Scum purposely try to mislead townies.

Like, I could have completely opposite reads from someone and it won't matter as long as their reads make sense coming from a town mindset. That's why I'm trying to engage with Kit right now, because I need to figure out if her read is coming from a pure place or not and hear what she thinks of my case. It's not about agreeing all the time.
Sep 18, 2017 4:58 PM

Dec 2014
RE1031 said:
@CorruptedPurity
Oh yeah!! You need to explain all of your reads. Especially Dias and Kit.

I thot you said I only had to explain aa-dono and roz?

The 2 you mentioned are actually complex cases because for each of them, I had polar swings on my reads on them. One post town, another then I read em scum. I'm gonna need time if you want a fully fleshed out read on em.
Sep 18, 2017 4:58 PM

Jan 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
Crossbell said:

I'm a mechanical player in nature. What you want me to say?

Most of your points on me are regarding my changing POV and reads. Wouldn't you? Change your reads that is. I came to town read gruffin cos I saw town motivation in her push on phraze. It was well thought out and showed clear signs of having a thought process that rings town with me.

I tunnel on roz? Today I am, not solely cos of his behavior. I mentioned this before but he weaseled his way out of 2 lynches by a hair. Someone is trying to keep him alive. Day 1 it was you. Day 2 I was tricked to keep him alive. Would town want to defend such a suspicious character? No. The way the EoD played out also made him scumread him. I did mention this on my explanation to RE

Why were you so focused on Abu's behavior Day 1 and have just completely dropped it for Day 2/Day 3? You are clearly capable of behavioral analysis; why don't you utilize it?

Yes but why did you scumread Gruffin in the first place + why were you not interested in working out her alignment? I don't remember a single meaningful interaction between you and her this game. I don't even know why you scumread her in the first place.

What do you think about my thoughts about wrt roz?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (83) « First ... « 52 53 [54] 55 56 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.