Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 26, 2023 2:31 AM
Jul 2023
saying i'm late to this would be quite an understatement, but no harm in putting my thoughts into the void also.

In this episode characters were revelead to be retards or known characters devolved into retards

Yuri, a trained exorcist who undoubtedly saw all kinds of acts commited by demons, a woman who stood mere inches away from her colleagues as they were burned alive and her response to this is "oh saty waty you silly whittle monster, you're so adorable, i'm gonna throw my entire life away and put the entire earth at risk so we can run away to a cabin in the woods, spend our day's galloping through meadows and by night you can knock me up"

Satan, the lord of a form of hell. A being who without even being able to have a physical presence in the series so far has killed countless people, somehow that creature does not know what life is. A being who as we see in flashbacks has been fighting and killing on earth via proxies for centuries yet all it takes is for one random woman to say "human beings are alive" and instantaneously satan replies with "my bad, I didn't know that, I am not gonna stop killing as many as I can but I want to live too, I want to frolic through fields, pick flowers and braid each others hair"

Yukio, the young, accomplished supposedly smart character. Grabs his grandfather by the collar says "did you or did you not give the order to burn my mother at the stake?"  The grandfather replies "how did you know that?" then yukio for some reason asks "answer me!?" even though he literally just got the answer. Yes I am aware this is likely down to poor translation rather than strictly bad writing, but is still a dumb moment and one that should not have happened, literally any proof reader would've caught stuff like this.

Frederick , the grandfather who had survived the night of blue flames, who had survived being possessed by satan himself, who sent his own daughter to be burned alive to prevent satan getting a foothold on earth. This man, the human being with the most experience with satan was dumb enough to think that a bomb, a single bomb was going to be enough to destroy an entire realm and not just any realm, but a realm inhabited by creatures with abilities far suprassing humans. That make's sense right? a bomb that would destroy 1 city on earth would surely be enough to destroy every shred of a realm, all of the super powered beasts within it and even satan himself.

Obviously at the end of the day it's anime, it's not exactly a media known for subtlety or realism. But completely ( and surely very briefly) retconning satan in the span of a 10 minute flashback and trying to portray evil incarnate as a loving being who just wants to be cuddled and understood is more stupid than any words in any language can describe.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that right now it seems like the flashback was legiit, especially since the post credit dialogue we get is Yuri prattling on with her verbal diarrhoea, so if the flashback was not just a plot to get in Yukio's head and lower his resolve then at bare minimum Yuri deserved to be put down for terminal stupidity, an unfathomable level of naivety and a level of selfishness so high she outright was ready to risk earth in i'ts entirety, sacrificing everyone, literally everyone for her own nonsensical delusions. " I know demons cause mischief, but humans and demons can live in peace" don't know about you but persistent mass murder, including in the form of posessing people and forcing them to watch as the demon commits horrific acts with their own hands, and doing stuff like that  over the course of centuries doesn't quite seem like " mischief" to me, seems something more serious than "kek just a prank brah". I do not know what bath salts were being consumed when this direction was considered a "good" idea but man they were clearly on some powerful stuff
Constant1ne_Jul 26, 2023 3:17 AM
Aug 3, 2023 3:56 PM
Sep 2021
Haha how funny at the 5min mark they were praying in Greek but with bad pronunciation, they said God is a saint, god is powerful..... in Greek, what an easter egg
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.