Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (52) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
greatgreenman said:
@Su: The only impact it's had on my MC is that it's further damaged the characters psyche, a type of split personality disorder that was normally under wraps but progressively became worse and worse until the point that the darker personality lacking a moral compass became temporarily the dominate personality.

The demonic energy has had no physical affect on my character so far, it was the NPC character (Tony) that was affected by demonic energy through the bite of an Apophis that turned him into and Incubus, I spoke with you about that a while back and you said it was okay.

My character's mind was the only thing affected so far but its been solved (temporarily).

@ Greeny: Yeah its okay,I just got asked about your story and there being you/a character that was influenced by demonic energy and enhanced by it. So I just wanted to ask. Nothing else ^^
I remember indeed that we talked about it, but thats some time ago and I wanted to hear you about your story, because... well, its your story :D
Jul 1, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah nope, no enhancements for me... I tend to get beat up a lot too... :P
The character enhanced is the NPC Tony, he is currently changing into an Incubus, he essentially has the abilities of a succubus (though on a weaker scale still) but hasn't completely changed physically yet.
Jul 1, 2014 7:22 PM

May 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
I'm really sad nobody responded to my Shark and T-Rex MG thing...

I'm waiting for the HMG write-ups. };)
"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Jul 2, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
greatgreenman said:
Ehhhh well technically we now have the leviathan as an HMG.

You know what would be killer? Like a fucking shark MG

Or like...

A T-Rex MG with a complex about having tiny arms?

Shark MG is a possible candidate for the HMGC but I personally think that monsterfication of all the different animals is tedious and is better served for other legendary monsters unless you can find a specific legend revolving around a shark creature.

T-Rex MG... No just no... *smack*
tygertyger said:
YandereTheEmo said:
I'm really sad nobody responded to my Shark and T-Rex MG thing...

I'm waiting for the HMG write-ups. };)
As in us finishing the descriptions or the next competition lol? You can send me whatever you've written for the winners (or losers) or post them in that thread. Eventually I wont be a lazy bastard and I'll post the changes to the description. -_-..
Jul 3, 2014 12:07 AM
Jun 2014
Sooo, in this game you have to submit chapters of a story that you write yourself, given the certain rules correct?
Jul 3, 2014 12:11 AM

Nov 2013
Shanahan_Otaku said:
Sooo, in this game you have to submit chapters of a story that you write yourself, given the certain rules correct?

only your first chapter
so long as you dont break any rules there isnt any problem, people will let you know if you need explain to admin your reasoning (we wont make you give out spoilers)
Jul 3, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2013
Shanahan_Otaku said:

Well, the first chapter is submitted for approval, but the remaining chapters you write and post yourself (as long as they don't break any of the rules), yes.
Jul 3, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2013
Shanahan_Otaku said:

Pretty much. Any interaction with a Lord requires the involvement of a GM, though; that's one of the most important rules. NPCs with near-Lord-level power should also be approved first.
"When you have bought your own load of hooey, you know exactly what it is worth." -- Bruce Sterling
Jul 3, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
You're just writing a story as any fan-fiction would be. You revolve around a particular theme, follow the rules of the thread of course and tell your tale of what happened to you when you went to the island. All the adventure, romance, drama... rape... and all other sorts of events that take place.

Its a game in the essence that you CAN be involved with other writers, their characters or events on the island, but only if you want. Otherwise it can be completely solo, never interacting with an existing place or character, all new for you. As long as you don't place in things that would interfere with other ppl's stories or break the rules of the island.

As everyone else already said, throw together your first chapter and submit it to Su for approval, put together a character sheet so we can see what your girl(s) are like for reference and once you get a green light, just start writing. Your readers will comment on how good or bad it is, what makes sense and what doesn't, etc. all to make your story better for you and everyone else ^^
Jul 3, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2009
Alright, listen up guys. This is something we had in mind for some time now

The MSG itself is pretty limited, regarding the rules.

Now here is the idea to have Stories that follow these rules are labeled as CANON
and those who dont follow those rules will be labeled as NON CANON.

those non canon stories would still have the setting, but wont follow the rules. they may add if its only a SOLO story, or if they are open for KOOP.

OF COURSE, CANON and NON CANON stories WOULDN'T be able to KOOP with each other.

NON CANON stories WON'T affect the MSG island at all. But there might be points of interest, that the MSG island can take from that story, IF it FITS onto the island. But the NON CANON stories can use the locations from the MSG.

All right, now please discuss this and state your opinions and maybe suggestions.
Jul 3, 2014 8:39 PM
Nov 2013
So, who decides when it's canon or non-canon? Do we label it as such, or will the mods determine this? I figure that it would be up to the writer, but then again, I could be wrong.
Jul 3, 2014 10:33 PM

May 2013
Subenu said:
Now here is the idea to have Stories that follow these rules are labeled as CANON
and those who dont follow those rules will be labeled as NON CANON.

those non canon stories would still have the setting, but wont follow the rules. they may add if its only a SOLO story, or if they are open for KOOP.

OF COURSE, CANON and NON CANON stories WOULDN'T be able to KOOP with each other.

I like this idea! This opens up opportunities for writers who want to contribute stories but find the existing rules structure too restrictive. Not to mention, we can now see various takes on how the island would change with the addition of certain advancements from the human world.
Jul 3, 2014 10:45 PM

Sep 2013
As much as I'd love to see more folks on sunny MG Island, I can see why people might find the rules too restrictive.

In my own personal opinion (assuming that's worth a hoot), I'd almost rather see a secondary ruleset with FAR more liberties. Something like "MSG Extreme: Through the Demon Gate!" (the exclamation point would obviously be required) that would basically be like an "alternate" setting.

I love the idea of someone being able to go crazy, but (to me) part of what makes the MSG so great is that it's everyone sharing the same world. It would be totally cool to open up the possibility of a much bigger, more dangerous sand box with a lot more sand and see what shakes loose. Could possibly even take suggestions on what the most insane idea anyone would like to see possible and use that as the baseline or something.

I'd just like to see the same level of "community" between the MSG and the "Other", but that could just be a pipe dream =)
Jul 3, 2014 11:56 PM

Nov 2013
I think it opens up more of the realms we've been avoiding with the MGs from the MGE like the fairly kingdom and wonderland or w/e. Maybe its the stepping stone to having side stories that have nothing to do with any of it :P
Jul 4, 2014 2:17 AM

Jun 2009
echoes_guy said:
So, who decides when it's canon or non-canon? Do we label it as such, or will the mods determine this? I figure that it would be up to the writer, but then again, I could be wrong.

This would be discussed with the player/author beforehand, or if the MSG story gets out of hand will labeled by the mods as NON CANON at some point.

I also thought about a loose set of rules, but what might that be?
Thinking about that, at what point should we start to "conserve" a story and delete it?
Seeing, there are some just writing like three chapters and then been seen nowhere ever again will just fill the vault with dead weight.

I dunno if it would hit the purpose if there would be human technology or pretty hard human influence (electricity everyone?) on the island. thee would be more islands probably popping up and there will be MG cattle farms and all that stuff.
omg, the human mind, it driving me crazy *hold head and makes 0-face*
Jul 4, 2014 6:26 AM

Jul 2013
echoes_guy said:
Like Su said, the author makes a decision when he/she starts up their story. In the case where a story breaks the rules, it can be moderated in a number of ways, and if the writer refuses moderation, then the story is put into the NC pit of doom and darkness :P

emeraldtryst said:
As much as I'd love to see more folks on sunny MG Island, I can see why people might find the rules too restrictive.

In my own personal opinion (assuming that's worth a hoot), I'd almost rather see a secondary ruleset with FAR more liberties. Something like "MSG Extreme: Through the Demon Gate!" (the exclamation point would obviously be required) that would basically be like an "alternate" setting.

I love the idea of someone being able to go crazy, but (to me) part of what makes the MSG so great is that it's everyone sharing the same world. It would be totally cool to open up the possibility of a much bigger, more dangerous sand box with a lot more sand and see what shakes loose. Could possibly even take suggestions on what the most insane idea anyone would like to see possible and use that as the baseline or something.

I'd just like to see the same level of "community" between the MSG and the "Other", but that could just be a pipe dream =)
While I think you have a point about the shared world being an important factor, I don't see a secondary relaxed ruleset as an option.

I might be misinterpreting your intention here, but if you get to choose between freedom (MSGE) and restriction (MSG) where the only difference is the severity of rules, I believe that you will invariably choose the option with more freedom. Putting out the MSGE in addition to the MSG would thus eventually kill the latter.

In this regard the point of the NC stories is that you trade the ability to affect the world for increased freedom; if you don't want to play by the rules, there will be limitations, because we also need to maintain the integrity of the main setting.
Jul 4, 2014 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
I still believe that the fact all stories share the same world and can theoretically affect each other is main selling point here. Of course, in reality not everyone reads all stories so we can't have this level of impact, but it is still a main point.

NON CANON stories will eventually kill the CANON ones as majority of players will understand the opportunity as question "do you want to suck or do you want do be biggest badast badass at this side of universe?"

Of course, you still don't feel it is enough add other islands separated from main one by some kind of powerful force (so Yuda won't nuke other one), but actual choice between following and not following rules will be always not following one! Keep that in mind as it is only natural to chose this. Better not go down the alternative at all as it would kill the original MSG ... and btw our splinter club already have exactly same thing!!! We still didn't invited them back.

Regarding the technology, I doubt world where magic exist and physical laws are not working always the same as ours would have similar level of technological advancement. It would rather blend together to create some magitech thingy rather than replicate anything we have. Fantasy world at it's finest. Still it would need some regulation and slow approach, blocking immediate advencement, just showing hints for the future perhaps?

I would say, keep one version of MSG.

If someone doesn't want to get stick with us on same island, add wonderland for some pipe-dream theme (more free, less sense) ...
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
At the core it boils down to these questions:

1. Do we want to cater to all MSG-world fanfic, or just those who follow the rules?

2. Do we remove rule-breaking stories right off or re-lable them as non-canon and let them continue with no possibility to further affect the world?
Jul 4, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2013
personally i think the rules simply need be more.... thorough(?)

it may just be my ADHD but i find my self bugging Su a lot asking bout if something is within the rules as the rules don't seem to be as clear cut for me as it seems for everyone else

a good story needs to have a cieling for how things work but i feel while everyone knows the cieling is there for MSG its not very well pointed out and leads to some people who are more than willing to follow the rules flying face first into and sometimes through said cieling
Jul 4, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2013
chimechu said:
1. Do we want to cater to all MSG-world fanfic, or just those who follow the rules?

If we want to cater all Monster Girl fan-fiction why don't we re-unite with splinter club Devi created as it actually handles MG fiction as well?

They already have their non-rule version of that where you can go Goku from the square one. If it is what everyone wants, why don't we bring everyone under one roof again?

chimechu said:
Do we remove rule-breaking stories right off or re-lable them as non-canon and let them continue with no possibility to further affect the world?

We had that discussion before and we can even remove all rules altogether where you can do whatever you want and get whatever superpowers you want including all the arsenal you think it would be cool.

We can continue in loosening the rules while not removing them altogether, but it would result in supernatural arms race.
beast_regardsJul 4, 2014 11:52 AM
Jul 4, 2014 11:58 AM

Dec 2010
Personally I don't really like the NC idea but if the majority wants something like this then go ahead. Goku power fantasy aside, I've always thought MGs fit the best in a fantasy setting not in some semi-high tech/modern environment.
Jul 4, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
KamikadzeTM said:
Personally I don't really like the NC idea but if the majority wants something like this then go ahead. Goku power fantasy aside, I've always thought MGs fit the best in a fantasy setting not in some semi-high tech/modern environment.

You can always go magitech route where technology as we know it still don't exist as it wouldn't make sense to develop some kind technology where magic actually exist.
Jul 4, 2014 12:06 PM

Dec 2010
@Beast You could OR you could build a warship for hunting krakens. I mean, everything is possible, right?
Jul 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2009
It is not about allowing high tech orgasmic fantasies, but about the ability to deal with players that arent fucking able to play by the rules and always have to stick their ass out to the "authorities" and want to get on their nerves or just want to nag them in any way possible.

It is about the reasoning to have a smooth and fun writing time and an enjoyable time reading the stories.
We try to give you as much possible freedom that we can allow so everyone can have a good time without being too restricted or affected by other players or to be too restricted by the rules and give them some freedom.

It is about players wanting to get all kinds of amazing and powerful stuff which denies the meaning of survival in this circle of writers.
Jul 4, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
Subenu said:
just want to nag them in any way possible.

i didn't come off as such did i? if so i apologize ....
Jul 4, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2013
KamikadzeTM said:
@Beast You could OR you could build a warship for hunting krakens. I mean, everything is possible, right?

It would inevitably need one once restriction are released. Hence supernatural arms race I spoke about.
Jul 4, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Clarus_Nox said:
Subenu said:
just want to nag them in any way possible.

i didn't come off as such did i? if so i apologize ....

... its about nagging them in a in-story way with what they write and try to go under the radar like that and get away with it.

Even I dont have an idea for everything, that is why I am so happy to have all of the people no my side (or not). The problem is, that we dont want to totally overload this with rules, but to cover lots of possibilities without giving too much "OP loopholes".
Jul 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
I will throw in a different idea ...

Instead on changing MSG upside down by allowing whatever you want ...

Then don't...

Let's make a Special Side Story.

Monster Survival Game: End Of The World Special

A special side story where your character actually succeeded in re-creating The Island in the way you want it ...
How would monster girl world looked like if...
Yuda exterminated all the life, Monster Girl don't exist and there are only his Übermensch
or..
Emerald changed the world economy to modern one leading it towards the economic crisis due to hyperinflation?
or...
DCW implemented modern technology
or
My story created a impact and Eris's Sabbath rules the world
or
Clarus is world mightiest avenger? (I don't really want to throw dragonball everywhere)

Etc
Etc...
You got the image! Special side story for everyone who wants to change everything upside down without harming MSG in the process.
Jul 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Jun 2009
@ beasty: So everyone should just be able to create a non canon side story aside from the MSG where they can actually go insane without harming the actual MSG lore?
Jul 4, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2010
@Beast Question! What is the difference between a Special Side story and a NON-CANON story?
Jul 4, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2013
beast_regards said:

Clarus is world mightiest avenger? (I don't really want to throw dragonball everywhere)

seriously all i did was get lucky(85% with 15% skill) against a werewolf XT
Jul 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Jan 2013
KamikadzeTM said:
@Beast Question! What is the difference between a Special Side story and a NON-CANON story?

Because it is not a one.

While NON-CANON story allow you to chose between abiding and not abiding the rules, my idea is actually a one-shot spin off which is non-canon but not really long. End of the world specials aren't that weird.

Long running series usually have one-shot spinoffs with no effect on rest of the episodes.
For example, there are thousand superman comics but only one spin-off where his pod landed in Soviet Union and Superman became Stalin's pupil (I didn't make that up).

Compared to your long running MSG story there is one or two episode worth spin off which must be shorter than your existing one and worth only one-two chapter length which would be something like random encounter lottery you offered. You still need to have a original story going on for some time to be allowed to have "special one". You can't automatically got one without abiding to MSG rules first.

It's dumb idea.

But all the talking about the power players want actually reminded me all those series where hero was given a special power to actually re-made world in his image or where villain won. It is usually one episode long, it is set in future compared to timeline of existing main story and ends abruptly.
beast_regardsJul 4, 2014 1:01 PM
Jul 4, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
beast_regards said:
If we want to cater all Monster Girl fan-fiction why don't we re-unite with splinter club Devi created as it actually handles MG fiction as well?
They do not use the MSG world

beast_regards said:
While NON-CANON story allow you to chose between abiding and not abiding the rules
They don't. If you follow the rules it is a normal MSG, if you don't, it is a NC. NC stories use the MSG world but do not affect it.

beast_regards said:
Compared to your long running MSG story there is one or two episode worth spin off which must be shorter than your existing one and worth only one-two chapter length which would be something like random encounter lottery you offered. You still need to have a original story going on for some time to be allowed to have "special one". You can't automatically got one without abiding to MSG rules first.
This defeats the point entirely. NC stories are for those who can't or don't want to adapt to the rules but still write a story set in the MSG world.
Jul 4, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
chimechu said:
This defeats the point entirely. NC stories are for those who can't or don't want to adapt to the rules but still write a story set in the MSG world.

If you let people choose, there is a risk they will choose wrong option e.g. in the end there would be only non-canon stories as it would create kind of cascade effect leading to exactly same end as removing all the rules entirely. It is something more drastic than current situation where one rule bending actually justifies the other. I actually feel that current situation is heading towards supernatural arms race even without allowing technological advancements as every power calls for creating an counter-power to fight it. Mutually assured destruction concept all along in order to achieve balance.
beast_regardsJul 4, 2014 1:46 PM
Jul 4, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2013
In essence the idea is to allow people who want to get involved and write a story set in the MSG world, even if they for various reasons just can't work with the rules. If there is no support for this kind of fanfic (read: NC stories), then we will just scrap this idea and the MSG will carry on like it always has.
Jul 4, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
chimechu said:
In essence the idea is to allow people who want to get involved and write a story set in the MSG world, even if they for various reasons just can't work with the rules. If there is no support for this kind of fanfic (read: NC stories), then we will just scrap this idea and the MSG will carry on like it always has.

You don't really need MSG world for that purpose, would you? Existing power system of MSG Universe wouldn't last 10 minutes anyway. So why don't you join up with splinter club again as they are already doing exactly that thing and pulling away people for exactly the same reason? They don't throw around so many rules as we do and most of their members ran away from our club and come to them for that reason. There is no reason for competition over that. We can join together if we want to host both under one roof though.
beast_regardsJul 4, 2014 1:59 PM
Jul 4, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2009
beast_regards said:
chimechu said:

You don't really need MSG world for that purpose, would you? Existing power system of MSG Universe wouldn't last 10 minutes anyway. So why don't you join up with splinter club again as they are already doing exactly that thing and pulling away people for exactly the same reason? They don't throw around so many rules as we do and most of their members ran away from our club and come to them for that reason. There is no reason for competition over that. We can join together if we want to host both under one roof though.

I ask you, why you always bring the other club into play?
I don't care about what they do, I care about the MSG. They do their thing, we do ours. If they NEED to pull away people away from us, then it must be pretty desolate for them.

If you have a good suggestion in how we s/could change the rules to change it for the better and the ability to punish people for their wrongdoings regarding the rule-keeping, please help us.
Jul 4, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
Subenu said:
Why

Because, my dear Su, sometimes we just need to keep things the way they are as any change would actually be for the worse. Drastic changes may even lead to worse effect than something we wanted to cure in the first place. You said something along these lines to me already some time ago.
Jul 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
I personally like the rules the way they are. I love seeing the different ways everyone approaches them. Maybe they could use some minor tweaks here or there but nothing major.

Anyway, to answer the question:

I have no problems with stories that are completely independent of the MSG being allowed in the club, given they still involve monster girls of course. But specifically making a non-canon section? I just don't really see the point. If you don't want to follow the MSG rules that's fine, just allow and make a story completely independent of it.
I don't have to know what I'm looking for. I just have to know when I find it.
Jul 4, 2014 2:22 PM

Jun 2009
beast_regards said:
Subenu said:
Why

Because, my dear Su, sometimes we just need to keep things the way they are as any change would actually be for the worse. Drastic changes may even lead to worse effect than something we wanted to cure in the first place. You said something along these lines to me already some time ago.

Thank you. Yes that is true. But I am also always trying to find a way to make things better or more comfortable.

It is not (only) about loosening the rules, but make them clearer, or do something about them being able to be exploited.

We need a plan against those who dont stick with the rules and want to find their way into OPness, or whatever you may call it. The thing is also to allow a certain amount of evolving of the player without it getting out of hand, within the rules.
Jul 4, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Subenu said:
We need a plan against those who dont stick with the rules and want to find their way into OPness, or whatever you may call it. The thing is also to allow a certain amount of evolving of the player without it getting out of hand, within the rules.

I am starting to doubt we can stop supernatural arms race (as I love to call it, e.g. escalating OP-ness levels) as inevitably you will get more people finding a way through and others trying to achieve balance. We can just slow it. Last attempt was mdude. We can try some minor tweaks as sometimes it is actually better to gut few thunderbirds to lit a lightbulb that having a whole army of supermen running around.
Jul 4, 2014 2:57 PM

Sep 2013
Honestly... I dont like this idea of Non-canon and Canon stories.

At some point you're gonna get an asshole that wants complete control his environment and decides to go with non-canon so he can avoid the rules... That sounds fine but wasn't one of the things this game was supposed to be about was interacting with other people? If we took away that then we might as well all be non-canon because none of our stories follow a set timeline anyway.

I just dont see the point to it all.
Jul 4, 2014 3:16 PM
Nov 2013
My opinion, (in case by some miracle somebody actually cares) allowing non-canon stories would take the fun out of the MSG. The best part of the MSG is the feeling of unity you get for knowing you are on the same island as everybody else. The rules give a structure that unites us all and makes this more than just writing a random story. It becomes a group effort to more fully submerge ourselves in the world of monster girls. I will conclude this essay-like comment by saying that NC would tear down the world of the MSG and in the process remove the magic that makes it enjoyable.

I know everyone will probably ignore this, but I'll post it anyways.
Jul 4, 2014 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder why so many people think their opinion is not worth anything.

I demand you change your attitude little guys! Hush!
Jul 4, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
Well in my eyes of NC stories, I was thinking ppl could write stories that appeal to MGs in whatever way they want, whether they make it similar to the island theme or completely different without any rules other than etiquettes of the club itself. They have absolutely zero impact on the MSG stories, cannot co-op or cross over with MSG stories or anything else. I would prefer those stories to be short stories but ultimately I think it should be up to the author.

I like this idea because it gives me the chance to do some side writing so my story doesn't get boring to me lol and I can still post things for readers ^^

Edit: started writing this earlier and forgot to post, so its kinda late. I'll address some other points I've read

-If there is an asshole who wants to completely disregard the rules and go NC but still appear MSG, his following will suffer as you can mostly tell most ppl don't like to read that garbage.

-The idea I have about appealing to any theme or setting doesn't necessarily mean go super BA on the world, but just have the opportunity for a different view. Say set in modern times, or a world where the population isn't so one sided, or one like the monster musume universe (without having to go to that club just to post something 'cus I LIKE IT HERE MORE DAMNIT!!! lol).

-I like the idea of short stories that have no impact but allow us to write expressively with a theme of our choice, having no impact on our or other writer's stories.
New_User_12345Jul 4, 2014 3:27 PM
Jul 4, 2014 3:55 PM

Dec 2012
SURPRISE
OCU COMING IN

:D

So so so~ about this non-canons stories thing hmm
It could be not bad, if someone want to do something out of the rule, then he can go ahead and do as much shit as he wants, if person a likes it, person a will read it, if b doesnt, b wont and it allows the authors the possibility to have readers instead of giving up or changing ideas.

Not having them could be better too, in case nc gets viewed as shit or non-nc gets viewed as shit, that would cause problem. I am also not against having rules as that would stop stupid [censored] from coming and being like we dont want people to be like there is this you can do/have until this point, if you go (too?) out of that you eithercalm down or gtfo.

yay
commented
now [name missing for safety] can put his knife away from me
:3
Jul 4, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2008
Way I see it, noncanon stories could pave the way to stories of any genre. As long as there are, in fact, SOME rules to follow. Can't let people get too crazy now, can we?

The keyword here is COULD. If we focus too much on the coulds though...would anything get done?
Not doing it COULD be bad. Doing it COULD be bad. We can always try it for a bit and see what happens. If it doesn't turn out well then we can remove it before it causes permanent damage.

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say is...we have nothing to lose if we try.
Jul 4, 2014 4:28 PM

Nov 2013
Well they would all have to be about MGs, the club is about MGs so that goes without saying really, but I'm all for the open option
Jul 4, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2009
the thing is, when we catapult an MSG story into non canon land, it is done and the player is free to get loose in his own little world. if we then remove the idea of having non-canon stories later, we still have the garbage left in that non-canon story that is already derailed
Jul 4, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2008
Just remove the non-canon stories, too. I don't see the difficulty in it. Let the writer know about it beforehand and they should understand. If not then they're probably not the kind of person you want around here anyway.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (52) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» HMG XI Round 2 is Live!

tygertyger - Sep 15

0 by tygertyger »»
Sep 15, 2:04 PM

Poll: » HMG XI Round 2 Bracket 1

tygertyger - Sep 15

0 by tygertyger »»
Sep 15, 1:56 PM

Poll: » HMG XI Round 2 Bracket 2

tygertyger - Sep 15

0 by tygertyger »»
Sep 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » HMG XI Round 2 Bracket 3

tygertyger - Sep 15

0 by tygertyger »»
Sep 15, 1:40 PM

Poll: » HMG XI Round 2 Bracket 4

tygertyger - Sep 15

0 by tygertyger »»
Sep 15, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.