Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 20, 2010 9:32 PM
Dec 2007
i think the word overrated is overrated.

I think this is the best show ever. not Anime show. i mean the THE BEST SHOW. and i haven't watched it yet.

I'd like to see a show top the charts... without getting aired.

goodness... random stuff over here... XP
Jul 22, 2010 8:30 PM

May 2009
Tachii said:

bensherman said:
To all those butthurt people saying 'OMG STFU HATERZ THESE THREADS SHOULD BE DELETED IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT DONT WATCH!!!'
...wtf if you don't like these threads don't read them. You don't even have to post in them..
It's called stopping the hate, yo. A purposeful hate thread created in the series' own section. Mind as well start a hate thread about MAL on MAL's own general discussion. Oh boy, let's all ignore that, too.

Just sayin, if you wanna stop the hate, something along the lines of 'I dont think this is overated because..'. But if ur going on here with 'troll blabla pointless blabla im butthurt etc it makes u worse than the op imo. Heard of the expression 'feeding the troll' cos thats exactly what they want.

I loved the first ep btw but probably will wait for bluray, SD upscale is killing me
Jul 23, 2010 1:02 AM

Feb 2010
Ok face it. All those who overrate this show and shamelessly wrote a review for it at this early time are a all stupid.
Jul 23, 2010 3:22 AM

May 2007
i think its not overrated... i just like the theme...
even if people say this is just like any other zombie movie out there...
i like zombies... i like gore.. i like woman... and anime... what more could i want?

there isnt much about storys with zombies

Fight alongside me ! *click it* Join today ! and let us banzorx I.E.!
Jul 23, 2010 4:32 PM
Jul 2009
Stop criticizing it, there's only 3 episodes out.

The reason everyone likes this anime is because it's about ZOMBIES! One of the first anime to have zombies in it! Another reason is because, of course, it's ecchi, and a lot of people like ecchi because humans are naturally perverted [or so some of them are] ANOTHER reason it's so popular is because the animation is very well done. AND the last reason, is because most of us watchers are also reading the manga. The manga is very good and is getting quite intense.

So lets see: The theme is good, the art is beautiful, and it's following the manga exactly. The characters develop more over time as well, so give it some time. Although some of the characters are over the top and annoying at times, other than that this anime is good.

And of course you're going to say it's "overrated" because someone ALWAYS says that about popular anime. Death note, for example, is constantly being called "overrated".

Although, im pretty angry because now that it's become an anime it's even MORE popular than before. And of course, popularity also comes with it's share of haters.
UserDeletedJul 23, 2010 4:37 PM
Jul 23, 2010 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
Zombies are awesome. Period.
Jul 24, 2010 7:27 AM
Jun 2008
Kagurawr said:
Toreno said:

If only the zombies ended up winning the battle for the earth, I could end up giving this show a score higher than 5 for 'average'.
I thought the zombie has already won the battle against human? and Now the human are fighting back against zombie.
Jul 24, 2010 9:34 AM

Aug 2009
Kagurawr said:
Toreno said:

If only the zombies ended up winning the battle for the earth, I could end up giving this show a score higher than 5 for 'average'.
Irrelevant. Zombies are still awesome.
Jul 24, 2010 5:21 PM

Feb 2010
3 episodes in and its already overrated? If you say so >_>
'Life is just a game you play'
Jul 25, 2010 1:54 AM

Mar 2008
SantenKesshun said:
I'm with you OP. Can't wait 'til the hype dies down. This is why I don't watch things while they air anymore. You can't escape the fanboys who spew everywhere when they see something cool.

You don't watch something just because of the fanbase? Seriously, that's so wrong. It's not like you have to interact with those fangirls/fanboys.. and anyway, you watch an anime because YOU enjoy it - you shouldn't even care if it is popular or not. Usually, if something appeals to a lot of people => popular => overrated.
But that doesn't make it "bad"..
Jul 25, 2010 1:43 PM

Jul 2008
Tricia said:
SantenKesshun said:
I'm with you OP. Can't wait 'til the hype dies down. This is why I don't watch things while they air anymore. You can't escape the fanboys who spew everywhere when they see something cool.

You don't watch something just because of the fanbase? Seriously, that's so wrong. It's not like you have to interact with those fangirls/fanboys.. and anyway, you watch an anime because YOU enjoy it - you shouldn't even care if it is popular or not. Usually, if something appeals to a lot of people => popular => overrated.

You can watch anime however you feel like it regardless of its enjoyability. That's just people's preference. It may seem unreasonable to you but thats how some people work. For example, I can't watch anime if its more than 100 episodes unless if its episodic. And I can't watch an anime if a female is the main character. Call me sexist but thats my preference. After all, its just anime.
Jul 26, 2010 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
I was VERY, VERY dissapointed with the first 2 episodes but I think the series started to pick up after the third.

But I still can't believe how little gore they put into this. I was expecting guts, spines being torn out, brains exploding but what I got was just turning the "camera" around and showing a splash everytime a zombie got killed... no details, no brainss. So dissapointing...

Especially for a zombie nerd like me :D
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally
Jul 27, 2010 1:29 AM

May 2010
hauer said:
I was VERY, VERY dissapointed with the first 2 episodes but I think the series started to pick up after the third.

But I still can't believe how little gore they put into this. I was expecting guts, spines being torn out, brains exploding but what I got was just turning the "camera" around and showing a splash everytime a zombie got killed... no details, no brainss. So dissapointing...

WOW how do you not know what your watching has been censored? We have to wait till its out on dvd.
Jul 27, 2010 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
It doesn't seem censored, there was a lot of ecchi stuff, lots of red blood but no guts, no brains, no internal organs flowing around.

But I still hope you are right and the DVD version will be gorier because that's what I expect from a zombie movie/anime.
I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally
Jul 27, 2010 5:21 AM

Jan 2008
hauer said:
It doesn't seem censored, there was a lot of ecchi stuff, lots of red blood but no guts, no brains, no internal organs flowing around.

But I still hope you are right and the DVD version will be gorier because that's what I expect from a zombie movie/anime.

No, that's what you'd get from a B-Moive, not an anime.
Jul 27, 2010 5:29 AM

Mar 2009
DmonHiro said:
hauer said:

No, that's what you'd get from a B-Moive, not an anime.

That's too bad because the HotD manga does have guts, brains and internal organs flowing around. The anime should have them too.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 30, 2010 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
Blah, Blah, Blah, another person who doesn't like the popularity of an anime so he/she feels the need to start an "OVERRATED" discussion.

WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!
Jul 30, 2010 6:01 AM

Oct 2008
hauer said:

Agree with pacing, thought the first episode was fair, second put me off with the direction of it all, picked up allot third and fourth.

It's much more interesting to see how the general populace is reacting to the crisis, rather than the same zombie massacre scenes over and over.
Jul 30, 2010 6:49 AM

Apr 2007
SantenKesshun said:
Tricia said:
SantenKesshun said:

No, I never said I don't watch it. I just wait to watch it. That way I don't have to interact with the fickle, dull-witted spammers who flock to it when it's popular.

I'm sorry, I get disgusted seeing people fag over characters that I like. Would you like watching your wife/husband having an orgy with a bunch of disgusting fanboys?

That's what it's like.

It's nothing like that... How can you even compare those two things? Seeing posts on my monitor on MAL which I don't want to read is eaily ignored by not fucking reading them. Where as walking in on my partener cheating on me woudl result in a fuck load of blood shed and is not easily ignored. The two things are nothing alike and I Really see no correlation. As for you not watching things while they air. It's your loss... You could just not read the posts as even after the series has finished airing the posts wil still be there and you won't have changed anything. You're only delaying your own enjoyment and leaving yourself open to spoilers. Have fun with that. On another note. This series is currently airing, what the fuck are you doing here? You like spoilers?

'fickle, dull-witted spammers who flock to it when it's popular'
That'd be you =/ As you don't watch series whilst they're airing you therefore can't actually bring anything to the table regarding this anime.

The anime is getting more hype than I think it deserves but it's definately a good anime I haven't given it a 10 but I could do if it keeps going the way it is. The violence is definately good :)
DamoizgodJul 30, 2010 6:53 AM
Jul 30, 2010 7:24 AM

Feb 2008
Is this anime overrated, or is the rating system massively screwed up?

I think that's the actual question here.
Aug 5, 2010 1:36 AM
Jan 2010
Hatters gonna hate dance

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.