Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 12, 2010 11:19 AM

Oct 2009
Just 2 Words to Describe Whole Series and Ending: Totally Awesome
Jun 12, 2010 1:01 PM

Mar 2007
Does anyone know how old Ed was by the time the manga ended?
Jun 12, 2010 5:15 PM

Oct 2009
lol Ed's taller :)
Jun 12, 2010 6:20 PM

May 2009
It was good for the most part, but now Ed is totally alchemy-less! Which (in case you didn't know) SUCKS!!!
Jun 12, 2010 6:22 PM

May 2010
This is one of the best endings for FMA EVER
man the first season fma's ending sucked
but thebrotherhood one is gonna be crazy
Jun 12, 2010 6:32 PM
May 2008
I enjoyed the ending, I think that a positive ending is the way that FMA should go out. Considering how most of the series is filled with depression, having a "happy ending" is for the best.

Now having made such a stellar and well received series, Arakawa is going to have to really step up her game to top FMA.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 12, 2010 7:20 PM

Feb 2009
Toadounet said:
cardinal4 said:
Roy is like, super powered now. He saw the gate, didn't lose his eyes, and now is Fuhrer. Flame alchemy just by clapping. Heck, his atk power probably +9000 after seeing the gate. =)

Yeah, except that he's not Fuhrer ^^ Plus, his power was already huge. He can use his flame alchemy without having his gloves and any other kind of alchemy freely now.

He still needs a spark, though, and the gloves are more efficient than clapping for the flames.

But even still, he could also now do -defensive- alchemy, like he showed in 107, and block incoming attacks. Plus he's no longer useless in the rain, as he could easily perform non-flame attack alchemy like Ed and Al did.

AzureZelkova said:

True, I wonder why sensei decided to let greed die but let pride stay alive in his 'new' form. It'd be great actually if both Greed and Ling reigned over Xing lol

I think it's very appropriate and poetic that Greed ended up dying the way he did. I mean, he sacrificed himself to defeat Father for the greater good. If that's not the epitome of character growth for a guy named GREED, I don't know what is.

Jun 12, 2010 7:50 PM
Aug 2009
That was a nice story through and through. I actually thought that it might be like the other ending where the two are separated. It was suprisingly a nice ending. I especially like the last bit of words mentioning the fullmetal heart. also where ed and winry actually said it this time around. YAY! FMA im hoping for his next line of work.
Jun 12, 2010 8:51 PM

May 2009
gosh.. i'm crying TTuTT

arakawa-sensei... YOU ARE REALLY A CRAZY GENIUS COW YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!

you made a great ending! WOOHOO! XDD
2020 AWC2020 MRCLISTEN
Jun 12, 2010 10:15 PM

Jan 2010
I'm surprised that no one has mention that the ending involes teen pregnancy... I mean really what kind of message is Arakawa sending?? :P
Jun 12, 2010 10:22 PM
May 2009
... oh my god, i just did not read ALL of this.
it just dawned on me that i have read 108 chapters of this.

love the ending ♥

especially when alphonse got his body back. edward made a very, very wise decision! the end of greed was very noble of him. that definitely showed character growth! i hope that selim turns out well and not evil like his former self. it is like he is reborn.

i definitely can not wait for her new manga! i wonder what the story will be this time.
Jun 12, 2010 10:24 PM

Dec 2008
punkster90 said:
I'm surprised that no one has mention that the ending involes teen pregnancy... I mean really what kind of message is Arakawa sending?? :P

I was just thinking of that! xD

Well it was a good ending, but the second half of the chapter felt a bit rushed. The last page left a lot of questions, so we see a little kid and a baby... Do they both belong to Winry?

I'm going to miss FMA... :(
Jun 12, 2010 11:00 PM

Oct 2009
MeLcHoR said:
punkster90 said:

I was just thinking of that! xD
Well it was a good ending, but the second half of the chapter felt a bit rushed. The last page left a lot of questions, so we see a little kid and a baby... Do they both belong to Winry?

Teen pregnancy? little kid and a baby? where O___o ... on which page? if there are then i think i need some sleep... will be back in 8 hours.

Edit: found it.. i thought its a flash back page at first and didn't noticed kids.. lol ^^
DxC3iJun 13, 2010 12:54 PM
Jun 13, 2010 12:39 AM

Jan 2008
I don't get it... how can edward's father(hoenhiem?) die? i thought he's uh... immortal?
Jun 13, 2010 12:43 AM

Jul 2008
SwordWielder said:
I don't get it... how can edward's father(hoenhiem?) die? i thought he's uh... immortal?

I honestly can't remember the details (a month between chapters will do that) but he traded a lot of whatever was fueling the immortality to help out in the final fight (for example, he protected everyone from a large blast from Father once or twice).
Jun 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Oct 2008
The ending was K, Okay~! This is the ending that every manga needs to have nowadays (right now, I mean!!)! I almost teared up because IT IS THE END. No more later chapters...

Ed may have been alchemy-less, but look on the bright side, HE'S ALIVE. And Al's body is back!

Sometimes, I curse the First FMA anime, but there is part of the manga that IS related to the FMA movie and The First Animated series. Ahem, Ages? Clothes? Later...

Great Job Arakawa-sensei. I'll be looking forward for your next work!
Although, I'll still like FMA (and Demons of Shanghai?).
Jun 13, 2010 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
That's ending for me! :D I really love happy ending. I happy for Ed x Winry. *.* i feel sorry for Hohenheim and Greed. But my favorite characters are live! :D

Jun 13, 2010 7:15 AM

Mar 2009
Great ending to a great series

It was nice to see ed as a father.
Jun 13, 2010 12:49 PM
Jul 2008
A beautiful ending, maybe too happy for some tastes, but it was what I was expecting from this maga. This manga had a perfect storyline and a remarkable cast of characters.

10/10.
Jun 13, 2010 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
garfield15 said:
punkster90 said:
Wait a minute, didn't Mustang say he wanted to get Havoc's legs back? He could have used the Stone on him instead of his eyesight. I would have preferred him staying blind, Havoc gets to walks, and become Fuhrer, while staying blind of course ( if they got robotic limbs i'm sure they could have gotten him contacts). Oh well...

Er, no, I think making artificial eyes is a little bit more difficult than a prosthetic limb.

Yeah, and on the other hand: it wouldn't be totally his style. ^^ At least in my eyes. :)
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 13, 2010 3:20 PM

Feb 2009
suashi said:
SwordWielder said:

I honestly can't remember the details (a month between chapters will do that) but he traded a lot of whatever was fueling the immortality to help out in the final fight (for example, he protected everyone from a large blast from Father once or twice).

The Philosopher Stone in him ran out of power.

Jun 13, 2010 3:49 PM
May 2008
Wow... that was amazing.
I'm so sad it's over.
(Not enough RizaxRoy, but I'll deal.)
One of the best series I've read in a long time.
Jun 13, 2010 7:45 PM
Nov 2008
9/10

I like it, the ending was really good. But, Was Roy able to see again? I may never know. u_u

Whatever, I liked this manga a lot. It was too happy but, it was an ending. :D
Jun 13, 2010 10:00 PM

Dec 2008
Great ending to a great manga :) Even though I just started getting into it lol 7 months but it feels like I have been reading it longer....but yea loved the ending but like others are saying I wish there was more Roy X Riza that would have made me happy but Ed's proposal to Winry was funny I was laughing when I read that..so I give this series a 10/10 cause it was so great :) And this chapter a 5/5 cause it was epic lol
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Jun 13, 2010 11:40 PM

Feb 2009
The end.
Jun 14, 2010 3:04 AM

Oct 2008
punkster90 said:

eh . . . Wasn't edward clearly a lot older in that photo . He didn't look like a teenager to me . He looked 24/25
Jun 14, 2010 3:07 AM

Oct 2008
punkster90 said:

eh . . . Wasn't edward clearly a lot older in that photo . He didn't look like a teenager to me . He looked 24/25
Jun 14, 2010 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
Awesome! The best manga ever. T^T *tears of joy*
Jun 15, 2010 6:19 AM

Jun 2009
punkster90 said:

Wouldn't you agree that Mei looks much older in the picutre? I am sure that it would take a few years for her to be taller than Winry. Also u can see the ring on Edward's finger, WinXEd marriage has become a reality!!!
Jun 15, 2010 2:19 PM

Feb 2008
Wah, I cried so hard ;o; can't believe it's over... I'll love that story for the rest of my life~

Arakawa, that was the best birthday present I could get x3 thank you so much for everything! <3

Now I really want my red coat and my pocket watch ;3;~

Ed love <3333333

DO WANT MOAR B: when is she going to start something new??? *addicted*
Jun 15, 2010 4:30 PM

Apr 2009
punkster90 said:

The series takes place over 2-3 years, so give them some time... got married at 19, had kids at 21? seems reasonable to me.. :P

And at that time period (equivalent to just after WWI) it was pretty common for people, especially in the countryside, to marry early.
MAL Book Club join if you like reading

Jun 15, 2010 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
Now it's time to read epilogue fanfiction!
Jun 16, 2010 4:35 AM
Sep 2008
Best ending ever.

Ed x Winry!

I want to know more Roy x Riza and Roy - Fuhrer, but it's ok.

i'm crying...

Goodbye, Fma.
Jun 16, 2010 10:57 AM

Oct 2008
dvp89 said:
9/10

I like it, the ending was really good. But, Was Roy able to see again? I may never know. u_u

It's pretty safe to say he was able to see again because Dr. Marco had a philosophers stone and Roy agreed to change the Ishvalan policy.

Loved this ending :D Everybody wins!
Jun 16, 2010 11:03 AM

Oct 2009
Good ending... Not as epic as the 106 and 107 but it was an ending after all, can't have to much action.

Enjoyable ending, I did wish she expanded with the relationship of Mustang and Hawkeye a little more, that's just me though.
Jun 17, 2010 1:55 AM

Jun 2009
kool_kidak said:
punkster90 said:

Wouldn't you agree that Mei looks much older in the picutre? I am sure that it would take a few years for her to be taller than Winry. Also u can see the ring on Edward's finger, WinXEd marriage has become a reality!!!

Yes, That would be the assumption. I'm sure the picture is definite in details. I mean, Mei is waaaay taller. Ed has more adultish feature to the face, and etc.
Jun 17, 2010 11:46 AM

Apr 2009
I was sobbing throughout the whole chapter, but I really lost it when Ed was up on the roof and staring at the landscape...I have no idea why then. Did anyone else notice that this is the scene that opens the last ED in Brotherhood? I had thought it was young Hoho, but now I see it was the grown-up Ed.

MeixAl! I don't care about EdWin, but that made me smile (: Also, Ling on his emperor throne is epic. I didn't think Greed would die though D: Too bad...I wish Arakawa kept him. Greedling was the most awesome combo ever. But I loved Ling even before he absorbed Greed, so I still love him as much.
The only thing I'm annoyed at is Mustang getting his eyesight back. That's a no-no, but I guess he needs his eyes to be able to appreciate Riza's beauty properly xD Or something. And it doesn't matter that they weren't shown as a couple per se, because they were so obviously canon from the start anyway.
Ed losing the ability to perform alchemy was something I wouldn't expect o.o But Al didn't lose his, right?
And finally, yay Al! SkeletAl didn't last long and he's the healthy young man he wanted to be since chapter 1. Okay, I'm tearing up again.
...but remembering Scar's mullet made me chuckle right now, so it's all good xD (Btw I like how we didn't learn his name in the end. No idea why, but I do.)
Havoc learns to walk again!
I also liked that Ed didnt let TripleH to sacrifice himself, and instead did something with his own might. Poor Hoho will finally get a rest.

...There are probably things I'll be adding to this comment...But for now I just want to say that I don't think any manga will be able to fill the void left after FMA (which I don't feel yet, but I'm sure I will next month D:). Even though I only started my adventure with FMA a year ago, and not nine years, like some of you, I consider myself an FMA fan to death 8D I will miss it.

P.S. ...apple pie 8D -sob-
CenedessJun 17, 2010 11:54 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 19, 2010 3:42 PM

Jan 2010
Jun 26, 2010 12:44 PM

Dec 2008
Compared to some other endings of manga/anime that i have read, this is one of the best i have read ^~^ it gives an air of finality and also is quite epic xD
<I'm not one for pairings soooooo no comment on that subject~>
I wonder if Arakawa is going to start a new series soon... I hope it happens ^_^
Jun 26, 2010 3:06 PM
Feb 2010
ahahhahahahahhahahhahahahah i love the ending to fma so intoxicating so cool so dramatic XD i cried when honheniem die i wont lie ^>^ xD but ugh will always and forever love fma -thy best manga ever xD

Jun 27, 2010 4:37 PM

Dec 2008
Hey, is Ed still able to use alchemy with a transmutation circle? I'm thinking he just sacrificed his ability to use it without it.
Jun 28, 2010 2:05 PM

Sep 2009
Not perfect but very very ok. 5/5
Jun 30, 2010 7:49 PM
Aug 2009
Well, that was cute. Everything I could have hoped it to be and then some. Well done Arakawa, well done.
Jun 30, 2010 11:22 PM
Dec 2008
On the second to the last page, who's baby was that Winry was holding?
Jul 4, 2010 3:03 PM

Jan 2009
One of my favorite mangas of all time. The ending was great.
Jul 4, 2010 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Very good manga, with a stunning ending.

I look forward to her upcoming work. I shall definitely follow it (:
Jul 19, 2010 2:34 PM
May 2010
Greed :/....
Jul 23, 2010 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
Winry: Besides a guy who just sits around is boring.....

aaarhg Winryyy!!..you made me cry..
Jul 27, 2010 4:45 AM

Oct 2009
Best manga and crymade finnal <33 I was enjoyed every second of this manga now i must watch anime :) great job . I sure will be miss FMA <33 and it's change life for real ^^
Aug 7, 2010 3:01 PM

Dec 2008
Well I just heard that there is going to be a side story coming out this September with Roy and stuff so I guess it's not over idk if it is true but I hope it is cause then I will be happy XD
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 11 Discussion

gbanshee - Oct 31, 2012

9 by TheBabyYoda »»
May 21, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist &quot;Another Journey's End&quot; Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.