Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2012 2:36 PM
Apr 2008
erengy said:
@michaelfeb16:
When that option is used, relevant anime folder is used as another command line parameter while calling the torrent application. To be honest I only tested it with uTorrent so far, which uses "/directory <anime folder> <.torrent file>" format, not sure Tixati or others support it or require a different one.

Thanks for the quick response. I suspected that it was something designed specific to utorrent. A shame because it is easily my favorite feature about Taiga, but I've been trying to stop using utorrent for years.

Edit:
Just to make it clear, the reason I liked this feature so much was because it made it easy to seed stuff. Now that it doesn't work because I'm not using utorrent, I just set everything to remove as soon as it downloads so that I can have DropIt move it to the right folder.
michaelfeb16Dec 17, 2012 1:00 PM
Dec 21, 2012 9:31 PM
Apr 2011
New to using Taiga, so I'm not sure if this is an actual bug/problem. But, it's described as having media recognition which I took to mean if I finished an episode it'd auto update my list to the episode I just watched... if I'm explaining that right.
It doesn't do that, however, and I have to manually update it.
I'm using MPC-HC.

Thank you in advance for any responses I get, even if they're calling me stupid.
(I read the FAQ and a few other threads but didn't see this mentioned).
Dec 22, 2012 9:46 AM

Feb 2009
sporefluff said:
New to using Taiga, so I'm not sure if this is an actual bug/problem. But, it's described as having media recognition which I took to mean if I finished an episode it'd auto update my list to the episode I just watched... if I'm explaining that right.
It doesn't do that, however, and I have to manually update it.
I'm using MPC-HC.

Thank you in advance for any responses I get, even if they're calling me stupid.
(I read the FAQ and a few other threads but didn't see this mentioned).
Check your settings in the Settings Window. You may have it set to update after asking you to update instead of having it be automatic.

Jan 5, 2013 4:54 AM
Feb 2009
I just noticed that the auto updater doesn't work for me, it downloads the new .exe but it doesn't replace it, I had to rename Taiga.exe.new and replace it manually.
Jan 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Nov 2009
A couple of bugs I found as of 1.0.175 (probably already known though):

1. Search bat content seems to be specific to each tab. Dunno if it's intended or not, but it doesn't update when you jump from anime list search to MAL search; for example, if you previously searched for "pet", now you search for "sakura" in your list by filtering, don't find what you looked for, press enter and go to the search tab which properly searches for "sakura" but search bar still says "pet".
2. Now playing tab seems to forget some details of the anime played after player closes, like ID, titles, picture. Description and other stuff like episode number are fine, though.
3. I think on clicking any tab of anime list search bar should be cleared (and I think it was so earlier). It's somewhat disorienting when you forget that there's something in your search bar, click different tabs and nothing happens
Jan 10, 2013 5:27 PM
Apr 2011
Diablofan said:
Check your settings in the Settings Window. You may have it set to update after asking you to update instead of having it be automatic.

That's not it, unfortunately. I'm not sure what it is.
Also, I encountered another problem.
One is that it's not updating my MAL (I went to go add a new anime, and a bunch of things I'd already completed were still in the "watching" category), and I found this odd but I fixed it manually.
Then while skimming through my completed section I noticed that the number didn't match up to the number in Taiga.

The number for my completed series in MAL was 145, while the number in Taiga was 153.

I went through all of them, comparing the lists side by side, but they were exactly the same. Further more, since this type of thing annoys me to no end, I counted up all the titles manually in taiga, and the number I got was 145.
So, it's displaying "153" but it means 145, apparently.

Also, whenever I sync to MAL it gets rid of "started at" dates.
Those are just things I've noticed.
Jan 11, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2009
Taiga specially leaves completed anime in watching list if you didn't rate them yet, it's a feature actually. Probably should be disablable somewhere though.
Jan 11, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2007
@slevir:
Umm, I don't think I've coded that feature yet ^^; Taiga should automatically move them to Completed, unless you're using "Ask to confirm" mode, which offers two choices: 1) "Update and move", 2) "Update"

@sporefluff:
Could it be that Taiga was working offline the whole time and you haven't synchronized your list afterwards? You can check the queue by using Account > Check queued events menu, and log in or synchronize your list with the relevant toolbar buttons.
Jan 13, 2013 5:45 AM

Nov 2009
erengy said:
@slevir:
Umm, I don't think I've coded that feature yet ^^; Taiga should automatically move them to Completed, unless you're using "Ask to confirm" mode, which offers two choices: 1) "Update and move", 2) "Update"

That's quite a nice skill you have, being able to include features you didn't yet write ^) Come to think of it, sometimes they stay in watched, sometimes not. Guess I accepted both cases as natural and obvious.
Jan 14, 2013 2:09 AM
Apr 2011
erengy said:
@sporefluff:
Could it be that Taiga was working offline the whole time and you haven't synchronized your list afterwards? You can check the queue by using Account > Check queued events menu, and log in or synchronize your list with the relevant toolbar buttons.

OH! That was it, thank you!
I did hit "synchronize list" every few days, but I checked my list just now and all the shows were there. I updated, and I'll be sure to do this now.
I was logged in (in Taiga), however, is that unrelated to the offline mode?
Jan 14, 2013 5:17 AM

Nov 2009
Taiga doesn't have offline mode for some time now, however, there is an already known bug when Taiga stops automatically sending updates to MAL for some reason until you hit synchronise manually.
Jan 23, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2011
I'm still having problems with saving on the anime folder. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it's saving in the download folder of my computer instead of the respective anime folders.

This is the only problem I'm having for a long time now. :(
Apr 10, 2013 12:14 PM

Nov 2007
SmOoThWaVe said:
Hi...
Plz fixed this problem in the Taiga App:
http://imgur.com/vmu4e2A

I'm not sure how that happened, could be a one-time thing. Have you tried refreshing your list using the Synchronize button? If that doesn't help, could you provide more information? As in, which operating system are you on? When was the first time you had this problem?
Apr 12, 2013 11:39 AM
Aug 2011
erengy said:
SmOoThWaVe said:
Hi...
Plz fixed this problem in the Taiga App:
http://imgur.com/vmu4e2A

I'm not sure how that happened, could be a one-time thing. Have you tried refreshing your list using the Synchronize button? If that doesn't help, could you provide more information? As in, which operating system are you on? When was the first time you had this problem?

Hi dear erengy...
First I thank you for your good program...
Thats Right,the problem comes from the synchronization,that was solved.
Thx again.
Jun 9, 2013 7:48 AM
Aug 2011
Hi...
This is a bug of the program?
http://i.imgur.com/OfH18Cy.png
Jun 9, 2013 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
Seems like a temporary connection problem, could be you or MAL. Either way, v1.0 has better handling for this kind of issues; it displays the most recent information stored in your local database, then updates those values when necessary or possible.
Jun 9, 2013 11:52 AM
Aug 2011
I found the solution ...
This problem occurred because the default connection.
http://i.imgur.com/bOFtRfY.png
Jun 9, 2013 2:55 PM

Nov 2007
"Default" connection mode is removed in v1.0.
Jun 15, 2013 6:40 PM

Feb 2008
Taiga doesn't update the max episodes, it is just a "-", guess because I added it when the max eps was unknown.
If I view the anime information and it refreshes, the new info loads, it looks fine, but it does not saves it permanently, next time I start taiga a bunch of animes are unkown length again.
If I manually change the series_episodes element in the xml it works, but thats not really a good way to do it. :)
Jun 16, 2013 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
If that's an anime on your list, it should be updated after re-downloading your list. But in any case, this is fixed in v1.0: All the series information is cached in a local database and updated when new information is encountered.
Jul 23, 2013 12:27 AM

Jun 2008
Taiga has problems with searching torrents for new anime. Is there any way it could include alternative names in torrent searching?
Jul 23, 2013 4:04 AM

Oct 2007
Torrents already uses alternative titles. Ran into this last week as well, and I made a mistake on it myself, when I fixed my mistake it was working fine.
Jul 23, 2013 4:27 AM

Jun 2008
Still it just doesn't work for me :<
Jul 23, 2013 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
Do you happen to have multiple alternative names in it, and then seperated by the wrong character? Because that's what happened to me.

If that's not it, I suggest you check closely if the names correspond properly. If you haven't done so already, that is. Otherwise, check again I guess? dunno.
Jul 23, 2013 3:29 PM

Nov 2009
Check for the right separator character (I always seem to use the wrong one) and some runaway spacing, like two spaces instead of one or a space between separator and title itself (the last one shouldn't affect too much though)
Jul 26, 2013 12:06 AM

Jun 2008
Well for Watamote I use only one word for alternative title. Still does not work :<.
Jul 27, 2013 5:43 AM
Jan 2013
Every time after launching the app, it says that it is checking for updates and then it downloads "Taiga.exe". I tried launching and closing it a few times in a row and the same thing happens.

If I go to Help > Check for updates, the same thing happens.

It is currently on version 0.9.178
Jul 27, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2008
dracia: I've had no trouble with Watamote when the episode title has the single word, since the alternate titles is already in the MAL database. Spaces in the alternative title don't matter anyway because they are stripped by the recognition engine. The only non-alpha things that can cause problems are certain unicode characters and things like ending punctuation (! and !! and ?! or ' can all distinguish separate seasons for other series). I had to add the full title without the exclamation point to get some to recognize properly:
(Screenshot)

I am a banana.
Jul 29, 2013 12:35 PM

Nov 2007
Jusstaway said:
$ifequal($ifequal(%episode%,1,1,$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,1,0)),1,$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,Just finished: ,Just watched: )%title% %episode%/$if(%total%,%total%,-)$if(%score%, (Score: %score%/10)) http://www.myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)
Here is my format string. What do i need to add and where to send dropped to twitter?

That string of yours looks a bit complicated, but I think you modified it to make it work when you watch the first episode as well as the last one, right? First of all, you could simplify that first portion by using an $or() instead:

$if($or($equal(%episode%,1),$equal(%episode%,%total%)),[...])

The format string above is the equivalent of this pseudo-code:

if (episode == 1 || episode == total) {
[...]
}

As for your question, you need to check if %status% is equal to 4 (Dropped):

$ifequal(%status%,4,Dropped: ,[...])

...which is:

if (status == 4) {
print("Dropped: ");
} else {
[...]
}
Jul 29, 2013 2:49 PM
Jun 2008
I could never understand how these format strings work...
Jul 29, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2007
It's pretty much the same system foobar2000 and Mp3tag uses. The basic idea is as following:
  • Variables are replaced by their corresponding value. For example, if you're watching the 3rd episode of SnK, "%title% - %episode%" will appear as "Shingeki no Kyojin - 3".

• Functions allow you to set conditions or modify things. For example, "$ifequal(%episode%,1,First episode!,Another episode!)" will output "First episode!" if you're watching the 1st episode of some series. Or, "$substr($replace(Renzokuken,k,d),5,4)" outputs "dude", replacing all "k"s with a "d", and then returning the first 4 characters starting from the 5th one (zero-indexed).
Then you go about putting them all together to achieve some result. To be honest, even I have to struggle with them a bit when they get complicated.
Jul 29, 2013 5:03 PM
Sep 2011
I have problems with Anime Recognition in Taiga even in v1 Beta

I use MPC-BE as player and the player itself is recognised in Taiga though it won't recognise currently playing Anime Episodes (the whole popup is missing)
Jul 29, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Apparently they changed the window class some time after I added support for it, so Taiga wasn't able to detect it anymore.

I'll include the patch in the next update for v1.0 beta, but until then, you can simply open Taiga\data\media.xml with some text editor, find "Media Player Classic - BE", and under that, change "<class>MediaPlayerClassicW</class>" to "<class>MPC-BE</class>" by yourself.

Thanks for the report!
Aug 2, 2013 7:28 AM

May 2008
erengy said:
Jusstaway said:
$ifequal($ifequal(%episode%,1,1,$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,1,0)),1,$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,Just finished: ,Just watched: )%title% %episode%/$if(%total%,%total%,-)$if(%score%, (Score: %score%/10)) http://www.myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)
Here is my format string. What do i need to add and where to send dropped to twitter?

That string of yours looks a bit complicated

Actually I think there are deeper problems here. This is the default status string:
$ifequal(%episode%,%total%,Just completed: %title%$if(%score%, 
(Score: %score%/10)) http://www.myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)

I wanted to see which statuses are being sent, to I tried changing it to always announce the status:
$ifequal(%status%,4,Dropped it: %title% myanimelist.net/anime/%id%)%status%

....but I've yet to see any of my dropped statuses go through. I also think a good portion of my other updates were never sent. It is sending some but I'm not sure what I'm doing differently on those.

Looking through the announce code, it seems like twitter is updated only when a history item is processed (which makes sense at first glance). All other statuses are announced during playback as well. I think this is intentional, but for twitter it isn't always going through.

I am a banana.
Aug 7, 2013 12:49 AM
Apr 2012
Manually advancing the progress of a title in the anime-list in quick succession (by selecting the title and clicking the + / - multiple times) opens the anime information window. Or alternatively does whatever you have set to be the action upon doubleclicking a title.
It's only a minor problem of course, but I'd like that particular portion of the row (the + and - boxes) to be excluded from triggering the double-click operation.

version 1.0.226 beta
built on 2013-08-04
Aug 14, 2013 2:37 AM

Nov 2007
@saka:
Back when I first implemented Twitter announcements, I thought it'd be better to post Twitter status updates only when the user is logged in. If the user doesn't want to update their list immediately, they probably don't want to update their Twitter feed either. But now that the login process is out of sight, this behavior became even less intuitive.

@FlumenEstArar:
This should be fixed in version 1.0.230.
Aug 17, 2013 8:51 PM
Aug 2013
dracia said:
Taiga has problems with searching torrents for new anime. Is there any way it could include alternative names in torrent searching?

I have the same problem as well.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya have a star in the tittle, but subtitle groups trend to not using the star. The problem still happenend even i have changed the alternative title.
I am currently using Shana project's RSS to complement the torrent. Anything can do to solve the seaching problem???

(Screenshot)
sakaAug 17, 2013 9:10 PM
Aug 30, 2013 7:31 AM

Nov 2012
Taiga has stopped working for me, it keeps crashing and wont even work offline.
I'm using version 1b, it wont let me access anything in it, just pops up that it has encountered an error and closes.

Edit: did a reinstall as saka suggested, works fine now.
Needs more taiga.
no_good_nameAug 30, 2013 8:31 AM
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Oct 28, 2013 4:11 AM
Sep 2009
Looks like Taiga (or at least the 1.0 beta) is downloading my anime list from MAL, but can't read it anymore and throws an error at me. Trying to open my anime.xml on Firefox gives me this XML processing error with something about an request unsuccessful and an incapsula incident ID. Reinstalling doesn't solve anything.
...And it looks like MALU is having the same problem, or at least something similar. Or so their forums say.

...oh so maybe it's because of a captcha system
cool
Oct 28, 2013 9:36 AM
Jul 2010
raposazul said:
Looks like Taiga (or at least the 1.0 beta) is downloading my anime list from MAL, but can't read it anymore and throws an error at me. Trying to open my anime.xml on Firefox gives me this XML processing error with something about an request unsuccessful and an incapsula incident ID. Reinstalling doesn't solve anything.
...And it looks like MALU is having the same problem, or at least something similar. Or so their forums say.

cool

just click the refresh/synchronize list button, it'll download all ur latest list. Btw WMP on Windows 8 never worked for me, is there a fix to able to recognize media? Media player classic able to detect what im watching but not WMP.
Oct 29, 2013 8:46 AM
Sep 2013
raposazul said:

cool
I got this problem too.I can't fix it.
Oct 29, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2007
I tried to explain the issue in club comments yesterday, but let me quote them here for convenience:

erengy said:
Hey everyone. I'm sorry that you're having issues synchronizing your lists with MAL, and I'd like to give you a brief explanation on what's going on.

Taiga and most other applications rely on MAL API to be able to retrieve and update user lists. It's always been buggy and MAL staff have been ignoring our requests for years. Recently though, they went a step further and just broke the API while trying to secure the website...

As a temporary solution, clicking on the Synchronize button a second time after you get the "Could not read anime list" error seems to be working for me, as MAL "trusts" Taiga after that point. It's going to happen every time you restart Taiga though.

erengy said:
MAL is now aware of the issue and I've sent the necessary information to Xinil. Now we wait for Crave to add Taiga and other apps to their whitelist.
Nov 11, 2013 2:27 PM
Sep 2009
I had to reinstall the Taiga 1.0 beta, and now I always get the Incapsula error no matter how many times I hit the synchronize button. It used to take only two or three tries before reinstalling.
Oh well.
Nov 13, 2013 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
raposazul said:
I had to reinstall the Taiga 1.0 beta, and now I always get the Incapsula error no matter how many times I hit the synchronize button. It used to take only two or three tries before reinstalling.
Oh well.
This happened to me too after I recently did a clean install of windows.
I got around it by downloading my anime list from MAL: http://myanimelist.net/panel.php?go=export
and copying it over the one located at: C:UsersUSERAppDataRoamingTaigadatauserUSERNAMEanime.xml

I don't know if it was before or after I copied the latest Taiga.exe (1.0.249) over the old one.
http://taiga.erengy.com/latest.php

That's what worked for me and I can use it like I used to. Although it still occasionally pops up with that can't load list message, I just try the sync button again and it works.
NoSpeechNov 13, 2013 9:59 PM
Nov 15, 2013 5:44 AM
Jul 2012
I can't even seem to synchronize my list anymore, I just get an empty list.
It usually worked by refreshing after the error like erengy said but now it seems that I can't fetch the list properly at all, MAL fucking shit up again? D:

On a unrelated and not on topic note: do you have any plans to add another service as support? like anilist or hummingbird? I've used your application for ages but Crave obviously doesn't give a shit.
Nov 15, 2013 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
@raposazul, @deadkyo, @Eryla:
My hands are pretty much tied on this. I could make Taiga try repeatedly until it finally gets the list, but that would be neither a proper solution nor a nice attitude for a third-party application. It doesn't seem like there's any other way to this than waiting for Crave to set things right.

Eryla said:
On a unrelated and not on topic note: do you have any plans to add another service as support? like anilist or hummingbird? I've used your application for ages but Crave obviously doesn't give a shit.

Yep, version 1.1 is going to support multiple services. I'm currently planning to add Herro and Hummingbird, but in theory, it could support any other service with a similar API.
Nov 15, 2013 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
erengy said:
I could make Taiga try repeatedly until it finally gets the list, but that would be neither a proper solution nor a nice attitude for a third-party application..

How about not losing your saved list then? When Taiga fails to get the actual animelist, it grabs the last saved list from anime.xml and shows some sort of warning, like, using local list for now. And it will not push any updates until the list is properly refreshed.

(Is this basically returning the offline mode back?..)
Nov 16, 2013 5:14 AM

Nov 2007
Offline mode was never gone so I don't understand what you mean by returning it back. Even though the Log in/out button is no longer there, one can disable auto synchronization for practically the same effect.

That being said, not losing your list on synchronization is a very good idea. I actually already did that for v1.1 -- it downloads the list into memory instead of directly overwriting the anime.xml. Will do the same thing for v1.0 now so that people can continue using the application with less frustration. (Edit: Done.)
erengyNov 16, 2013 6:21 AM
Nov 19, 2013 11:15 AM
Feb 2012
Scan available episodes doesn't seem to see new episodes that aren't in a sorted folder, but it will then recognize I have them if I click and tell it to play the next episode anyways.
Nov 23, 2013 11:44 PM

Feb 2008
Torrent search doesn't show results for this anime. Releases show up on new torrent search (but maybe just HorribleSubs), but if I search myself, doesn't list the results. Or for example if I search for Yuusha it shows other results but not this.
I use nyaa.se for title search, trying it manually in the browser, the results show up, but not in Taiga.
Only HorribleSubs releases show up, because they use a short synonym for the filename I think.

My guess it has a problem with the . (dot) at the end of the title.
maLakaiNov 23, 2013 11:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM

» Twitter posting

zatinho - Mar 27, 2019

0 by zatinho »»
Mar 27, 2019 5:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.