Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Aug 2, 2017 10:40 AM

Jan 2015
Alaskax said:
I don't get why people care about someone else's taste in Anime.

people that aren't good at anything irl have to find something to look down at others for
Aug 2, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2014
oh it can't be that bad

*Looks at your list*

-Toradora a 1
-One Piece a 5
-Fairy Tail 2014-10
-Attack on Titan-10

Yea you have really shit taste m8,
Aug 2, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2016
There is no such a thing as bad taste, It is what you like and you must enjoy it the best you can.
Aug 2, 2017 5:28 PM

Jan 2016
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

I also like mayoiga, sao and many more anime that are disliked a lot by people.

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?

Everyone has their own tastes I think theirs no right or wrong tastes as long as you like/enjoy them who cares what you like

(hopefully this came out right and hopefully it doesn't sound rude)

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Aug 2, 2017 5:33 PM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
You shouldn't care about that, or are you planning on changing the things that you like to make others happy??

Aug 2, 2017 5:35 PM

May 2017
Taste cant be bad, you like whatever you like it's fine lol

Nothing is objective when it comes to taste there's no point listening to all the elitists who have 0-1 shows in their 10/10 list and an average rating of 4. If you listen to that kind of people too much it feels like they dont even like anime at all despite seeing 2000 different ones
Hunter x Hunter best anime and Killua Zoldyck best boy <3 Addicted to cute shotas and teens with special powers in fantasy manga and manhua
Aug 2, 2017 5:47 PM

Jul 2017
As majority says here, you can't define whether taste is "bad or "good". What is good in your opinion can be bad for someone else. Just watch whatever you enjoy watching and try finding people with similar tastes like you.

Look at me as example, I like ecchi and hentai, majority dislikes those genres here but I enjoy them, it's fun and good as time wasting. And that's fine, some people dislike it, some like it. It's been always like that not just in anime but in music and movies too.

So just relax, enjoy and don't force yourself to watch something you don't want to. The worst thing you can do is to watch anime where you don't enjoy.
Aug 2, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2016
Anime is entertainment, make your votes by how you liked it and thats all, more than that is hurr anime masterrace luk dis pleb durrr.
Aug 2, 2017 6:32 PM

Nov 2013
How can I tell if your taste is good or bad if I've never drank or eaten you?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Aug 2, 2017 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
It's not bad, though the only thing I liked about mayoiga was the opening lol
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Aug 2, 2017 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
School Days is legitimately a good character drama, showing how an overly sexualized society and the common nature of modern infidelity can ruin people's perception of trust in others.

Other than that... your taste isn't 'bad' but if you defended SAO as a great anime then you'd better have some pretty damn good reasons of defense.
Aug 2, 2017 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
Takamura-sama said:
Is my animetaste really that bad?

yes
Takamura-sama said:
If it is why is it bad?

because it's your taste and you're taste is bad
Aug 2, 2017 8:14 PM

Feb 2010
your the first person i saw put school days on thier favorites....

i dislike Death note

however i do enjoy Steins;Gate and clannad

however your tastes are different and your own. im not going to say if they are bad or good they are just different.

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 2, 2017 10:56 PM

Aug 2016
Yes, your taste is bad, and so is mine. However, your taste is natural, it's not something you can change, so pick anime that suits your bad taste.
Aug 2, 2017 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah, it's pretty bad but also normal for your age. Don't feel bad
themanualreader@proton.me
Aug 3, 2017 12:07 AM
Jul 2017
Most of the anime you like are ones that I find mediocre, few are ones that I despise. I wouldn't say your taste is bad, just unique.
Aug 3, 2017 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
It's a fact that not everyone will agree with you. Some people will say your taste is good, others will say it's bad. Regardless of whatever the case may be, watch what you like. I don't wanna get too corny and cheesy by throwing at you a whole bunch of advice about how you don't need validation from other people's opinions, etc, but really, that is the case lol. We all have different opinions. Just because someone likes a specific show and another person does not, that does not mean that the person who does not like that show is stupid, but it seems some people just can't stand it when other people don't like their shows as well. Like even if people can name a bunch of good points about a show, that's their own subjective opinion so really, they have no right to say that anyone who says otherwise is dumb. Also, keep in mind that other people are probably just trolling you as well, so don't feed in to those kind of comments and what not.

But honestly, at the end of the day (a wise man once said) "do you boo boo."

caught in the wonder
Aug 3, 2017 2:47 AM

Jul 2017
Don't care about your "animetaste", just watch the shows you want to watch...
Jan 9, 2018 9:45 PM

Aug 2016
look dude, I´m just gonna do like i didn´t see you scoring eden no ori so unfairly low and tell you your taste is ok.
:v
Jan 9, 2018 10:06 PM
Oct 2017
Who cares what other people think, enjoy what you want.
Jan 9, 2018 10:08 PM

Apr 2017
Other tastes aren't really bad, just different.
That being said, our tastes different quite a bit.
Jan 9, 2018 11:07 PM

Dec 2017
I dont think there is such thing as a bad taste in anime. Many people have different types of anime they like

i like avocados on toast 
Jan 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Oct 2017
Some people tend to dislike long running shounen anime.I like Bleach and Naruto both,have never watched Fairy Tail.But I'm guessing it's okay. Watched the first season of SAO, I haven't finished it,but whatever i watched of it was pretty decent in my opinion.And we have 21% compatability... so yeah.Your taste isn't that bad. Don't let other people tell you what anime you should enjoy.You should just watch what you enjoy watching.
Jan 10, 2018 9:31 AM

Jan 2018
The idea that a show can be scored or ranked objectively is pretty absurd if you think about it. It can be helpful as a tool to filter out shows that you are unlikely to be interested in, but otherwise it's just a bunch of people's opinions. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is what you like when assessing what you want to watch. If you tend to like shows that are ranked highly on MAL, then perhaps the scoring is useful. But ultimately it's just a tool.

Cross-apply this to the narrative that some shows are universally "good" and others are "trash". If you tend to like someone else's tastes (including the general MAL community), their opinion(s) can be useful as a tool for determining whether you should check a show out. But that's ultimately all it's going to be useful for, in the end.

So basically the idea that anyone's taste is "bad" is complete and utter nonsense, because your taste is ultimately what you're trying to satisfy when you watch anime. It's the only thing that you've got. Your taste might change over time, but there's no way to make it something different on the spot.
Jan 10, 2018 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
14%
actually its not that bad. theres little differences
except for the injustice you did to FMAB and K-On
you did that just to be mean
and Mirai Nikki was a little errrrrr
Jan 10, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
Wow over 50% affinity. We can have shit taste together then.
Jan 10, 2018 10:17 AM

Apr 2017
Your taste isn't similar to mine therefore it's bad, your taste is bad.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Jan 10, 2018 11:01 AM
Dec 2017
Takamura-sama said:
Whenever I'm in an anime chatgroup they assume that I'm a troll because my favorite list consisting of School days and fairy tail.

I also like mayoiga, sao and many more anime that are disliked a lot by people.

Is my animetaste really that bad? If it is why is it bad?
fisrt of all, there is no bad taste, School days may have been an awful anime but it doesnt mean it was an anime you couldnt enjoy, i like a lot of controversial anime like SAO,Tokyo Ghoul and Re:Zero
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 7 hours ago

33 by Blackfire2340 »»
2 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

93 by Hikinekomori »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

69 by FanofAction »»
32 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

143 by Lucifrost »»
36 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Yesterday

37 by BilboBaggins365 »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.