Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 29, 2020 9:01 AM
Jul 2020
Anime: 2020 olympics canceled cuz of a terrorist attack
Real life: 2020 olympics canceled cuz of a virus
Jan 26, 2021 7:10 PM
Oct 2020
Is there gonna be something else cause under the dog was great.
Jul 23, 2021 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Lol they didn't explain shit. Extremely disappointed that Anthea or whatever her name was, appeared so late. Now, it does work really well as a prologue to some sort of a TV series where they find this "white" person but without any sort of continuation, the story is pretty much trash. Even in the last 30 sec, all the things they mention work somewhat as an explanation, if they had taken just 1 or 2 min, I think they could have explained a lot of things. Also, with them failing at the end pretty much brings the result to square one resulting in the loss of impact. With that aside, the animation is excellent with the action scenes, especially the explosions being outstanding. Also, it's one of the few anime where the English is actually decent and not cringe. Overall, I really enjoyed it for the most part but it completely fell apart by the end. Also, it is probably the weakest work from Kevin Penkins. 5/10
removed-userJul 23, 2021 9:06 PM
Sep 20, 2021 2:25 AM
Aug 2021
This was short but well-animated. The plot was meh I'd probably like it if there were more episodes but unfortunately that's not gonna happen. The ending was kinda depressing.I wish they had explained why the Flowers have to kill the 'hope of humanity'. 6/10
It's cool that this came out of a Kickstarter.
Sep 20, 2021 2:34 AM
Aug 2021
SidewalkSteve said:
I'm honestly baffled at the comments I'm seeing on here. Do people actually like it when anime spend huge chunks of time delivering exposition? Do they actually want one-note characters that can easily be summed up in an episode? No wonder most anime is trash. UtD gives enough overall info about what the plot is without spending forever lecturing the audience. I will say that this doesn't quite stand on its own. However, while I do hope more gets made, I don't feel like my money was wasted if this is all we get.

I don't get the complaints about the show involving a high school or high school girls because this is no great surprise; they were pretty up-front about its content when the Kickstarter was going. Additionally, they pretty much destroyed those elements.

I'm also confused about the remarks regarding there being a "male lead." UtD does not have a "male lead"; instead, it has a "male." That guy was no lead character. He was never portrayed in such a manner. Just because he gets more focus than other dudes in the show does not make him the "male lead."

So true!
The expositions in HxH are my only gripe in the show. It gets a little boring to hear them ramble about things we are aware of. Even Vivy Flourite eyes song was a little repetitive with the 'misson' stuff.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Several years later...in 2021

Belsel - Aug 10, 2021

2 by Belsel »»
Aug 10, 2021 6:49 AM

» Future for this work

800MEric - Aug 6, 2016

13 by Tracer_Senpai »»
Oct 24, 2018 10:54 AM

» Do you even OVA?

soredemoii - Aug 8, 2016

4 by CodeBlazeFate »»
Dec 30, 2016 7:08 PM

» Perhaps a full Tv series for Under the Dog

KurumiNightmare - Oct 30, 2016

2 by LaceyKuroki »»
Oct 30, 2016 2:58 PM

Poll: » How should future episodes of the series be made as.

Domayv - Oct 16, 2016

0 by Domayv »»
Oct 16, 2016 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.