Forum Settings
Forums

Mini game v.8: Call of Duty Mafia | Game End: Freedom!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (62) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »
Jan 27, 2018 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
hmm wonder if I should use my ability...

On... Riku? How do gladiators work here, exactly? Is it just like usual for other sites? Does the votecount reset entirely? You might want to use it to save yourself anyways, if that is the case.
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:32 PM

Sep 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
in the case of this game, Ruu is town, imo... shes rough around the edges, but its nothing new for her... and we are gunna need to solve this miller/neighborizor problem

In a non-rolemadness game, I'd say there'd be a dichotomy, but I think there's still a chance for both parties to be town.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Jan 27, 2018 7:33 PM

Jan 2014
RE1031 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
in the case of this game, Ruu is town, imo... shes rough around the edges, but its nothing new for her... and we are gunna need to solve this miller/neighborizor problem

In a non-rolemadness game, I'd say there'd be a dichotomy, but I think there's still a chance for both parties to be town.
I dont see that possibility... why is this game giving me lost village flash backs... I swear to god, I feel like im playing against a full team of scum all alone as town....
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Jan 27, 2018 7:35 PM

Sep 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
RE1031 said:
I dont see that possibility... why is this game giving me lost village flash backs... I swear to god, I feel like im playing against a full team of scum all alone as town....
In that game, people kept ganging up against wen/ironace because they didn't think there could be a doctor and jailor on the same team. Role madness is not the kind of game you want to be reading people off of claims, I'll say lol.
Jan 27, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
osieorb18 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
hmm wonder if I should use my ability...

On... Riku? How do gladiators work here, exactly? Is it just like usual for other sites? Does the votecount reset entirely? You might want to use it to save yourself anyways, if that is the case.
VC resets entirely, and players can only vote me or my target, and in the case of a tie, it randomizes between us.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
RE1031 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
In that game, people kept ganging up against wen/ironace because they didn't think there could be a doctor and jailor on the same team. Role madness is not the kind of game you want to be reading people off of claims, I'll say lol.
ok so can I kill shin then?
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 7:37 PM

May 2015
osieorb18 said:
Ruu said:

yep

I don't get it...

Why do you believe a less simple, less rational situation? Seriously. Which is simpler, and inherently more likely?

[*] Scum Neighbourizer, claimed Miller to throw off the scent. Has behaved mostly scummy.
[*] Scum Roleblocker, claimed Mason, which someone else has to confirm, to throw off the scent. Has behaved a mix of townie and scummy.

I mean, I get that Riku is apparently a god at pocketing, but really?

[*] Scum Roleblocker, claimed Mason, use his scum partner to confirm his role.
Jan 27, 2018 7:38 PM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
i feel like you answering for yourself and shin... is soooo weird, maybe its just me though

We do have a mason chat... So we're confirmed town to each other, and discussing our reads, theory, and the like in media res. I figured when I got into the thread that a masonry should be able to lead the townbloc (Us, you, Pokeit, Re, etc.) to victory, but whatever. *Sigh*

Besides, Ruu is apparently tunneled on me and Shinichi worse than you were tunneled in ZE. Certainly worse reasoning.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:40 PM

Mar 2014
So we're confirmed town to each other 《-- shinichi said the oppposite of this
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jan 27, 2018 7:44 PM

Jul 2016
Ruu said:
osieorb18 said:

I don't get it...

Why do you believe a less simple, less rational situation? Seriously. Which is simpler, and inherently more likely?

[*] Scum Neighbourizer, claimed Miller to throw off the scent. Has behaved mostly scummy.
[*] Scum Roleblocker, claimed Mason, which someone else has to confirm, to throw off the scent. Has behaved a mix of townie and scummy.

Nah. Neither of us are good enough not to slip like crazy if we tried that. But it's a funny idea. Still less reliable on scum than a miller claim, especially because it breaks if ONE of the two people die, instead of making the alignment flat-unconfirmable without a lynch. I honestly am kinda surprised that Riku wasn't a policy lynch D1 for claiming miller without claiming anything else, or that more people aren't considering him a policy lynch now for claiming a purely scummy role.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:45 PM

Jul 2016
riku said:

And then admitted that he didn't know how masonries worked. You believe that Ruu didn't know how Neighbourizer worked. Masonries are if anything less common; they are harder to balance. Unless that's different here.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:46 PM

Sep 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
RE1031 said:
ok so can I kill shin then?
I'd be against that. Mostly because osie is someone striking me as town currently. Or he's like really good at scum.
Jan 27, 2018 7:46 PM

Mar 2014
osieorb18 said:
riku said:

And then admitted that he didn't know how masonries worked. You believe that Ruu didn't know how Neighbourizer worked. Masonries are if anything less common; they are harder to balance. Unless that's different here.

you just said you guys werent good enough to slip. good excuse to avoid explaining a slip with 'i didnt understand how it works'.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jan 27, 2018 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Ive seen way to much shit that i thought was a town only norm so ya i do get your point, but i also assumed all those roles were town till i actually saw their scum counter parts. She didnt believe scum neighborizer was a thing so pretty sure thats why she confessed or maybe she was afraid riku would scum read her.
Why is it more important for someone to not scum read her than for her to keep her ability (doctor being pretty useful) a secret?

dont ask me ask ruu lol

Jan 27, 2018 7:51 PM

Jul 2016
riku said:
osieorb18 said:

you just said you guys werent good enough to slip. good excuse to avoid explaining a slip with 'i didnt understand how it works'.

I mean, I've probably looked at roles and setups at least as much as Shinichi plus Ruu, despite less overall experience, just due to how I've designed and have thought about games, and I don't know every role perfectly or how a particular person would implement it. See: Having to ask exactly how gladiator would work here.

Can you explain to me what about Shinichi or Logic seemed scummy, outside of Logic (I'm assuming) lurking into replacement? "His claim was sloppy" is not much of a reasoning. For example, could you point me to particular quotes that were problematic?

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
RE1031 said:
I'd be against that. Mostly because osie is someone striking me as town currently. Or he's like really good at scum.

I've been playing this game for about a year; I'm not very good. Heck, the last game I was in, I tunneled pretty much exclusively on town and was pocketed by two out of four scum since about Day 2.

I haven't really been in a normal scumgame on forums ever, the only forum scumgame I've ever played in was a nolynch micro, so it was pretty weird.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 7:57 PM

Mar 2014
osieorb18 said:
riku said:

I mean, I've probably looked at roles and setups at least as much as Shinichi plus Ruu, despite less overall experience, just due to how I've designed and have thought about games, and I don't know every role perfectly or how a particular person would implement it. See: Having to ask exactly how gladiator would work here.

Can you explain to me what about Shinichi or Logic seemed scummy, outside of Logic (I'm assuming) lurking into replacement? "His claim was sloppy" is not much of a reasoning. For example, could you point me to particular quotes that were problematic?

i was not the one to mention anything about shinichis or logics claim.

shinichi isnt playing anywhere near as aggressive as i would expect of him as a town player. hes subdued and his feud with wisper doesnt help. The problem is, theres a tonne of wine in your posts.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jan 27, 2018 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Ruu said:

I keep coming back to this post... It's just such an absurdly risky play for scum, especially compared to quickclaiming miller. And only scum doesn't quickclaim neighbourizer too, IMO.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:00 PM

Mar 2014
osieorb18 said:
Ruu said:

I keep coming back to this post... It's just such an absurdly risky play for scum, especially compared to quickclaiming miller. And only scum doesn't quickclaim neighbourizer too, IMO.

people have a boner for lynching me. Forgive me for not wanting to not be able to use my ability before being deaded :')
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jan 27, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
riku said:
shinichi isnt playing anywhere near as aggressive as i would expect of him as a town player. hes subdued and his feud with wisper doesnt help. The problem is, theres a tonne of wine in your posts.

Isn't Shinichi and Wisp feuding completely normal? I mean, they were like that the vast majority of the other game I was in with them, and at least 1 other game with them in it that I read. I suppose I haven't seen a ton of them, but that seems like normal interaction for them. Or are you trying to push a scumteam of Shin-Osie-Wisp? Because if I replaced into that, I'd find a way to die as soon as possible to put me out of my misery.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:06 PM

Jul 2016
riku said:
osieorb18 said:

people have a boner for lynching me. Forgive me for not wanting to not be able to use my ability before being deaded :')

But it's a confirmable ability if you claim it! And, for town, it's actively a better scumhunting tool if you target someone who you are particularly unsure about.

I don't know, man. I'm thinking you messed up your claim, but your frustration could go either way for me... My issue right now is that I don't think there's actually a better lynch since the two extreme lurkers haven't claimed anything scummy.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
osieorb18 said:
riku said:

Isn't Shinichi and Wisp feuding completely normal? I mean, they were like that the vast majority of the other game I was in with them, and at least 1 other game with them in it that I read. I suppose I haven't seen a ton of them, but that seems like normal interaction for them. Or are you trying to push a scumteam of Shin-Osie-Wisp? Because if I replaced into that, I'd find a way to die as soon as possible to put me out of my misery.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
osieorb18 said:

Yes? What's up, man?

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:13 PM

Dec 2013
lastwhisper31 said:
osieorb18 said:

VC resets entirely, and players can only vote me or my target, and in the case of a tie, it randomizes between us.

Oh so i was right then i am too good lol

RE1031 said:
lastwhisper31 said:

Idk why people read so much into roles in the first place, like its totally possible for both to be town in a game like that people were just paranoid.

Jan 27, 2018 8:15 PM
Jul 2018
VC incoming
Jan 27, 2018 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
Ruu said:
osieorb18 said:

I don't get it...

if u can consider that u can consider the latter

osieorb18 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
i feel like you answering for yourself and shin... is soooo weird, maybe its just me though

We do have a mason chat... So we're confirmed town to each other, and discussing our reads, theory, and the like in media res. I figured when I got into the thread that a masonry should be able to lead the townbloc (Us, you, Pokeit, Re, etc.) to victory, but whatever. *Sigh*

Besides, Ruu is apparently tunneled on me and Shinichi worse than you were tunneled in ZE. Certainly worse reasoning.

wasnt much their to help since logic has been pretty dead, sometimes i do feel like ruu really wants me to be scum no matter what

riku said:
osieorb18 said:

I didnt know how masons full work, its not a slip its the honest truth

Jan 27, 2018 8:32 PM

Jul 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
wasnt much their to help since logic has been pretty dead, sometimes i do feel like ruu really wants me to be scum no matter what

I mean, I guess people often do that to her... Does she tunnel often?

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2014
osieorb18 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

I mean, I guess people often do that to her... Does she tunnel often?
yes
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 8:36 PM

Jan 2014
but so do i ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 8:39 PM

Jul 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
but so do i ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As I mentioned, you two do seem kinda similar...

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:40 PM

Mar 2014
hang on.
lets for a moment assume that masons and neighbours coexist. so assume that were town. osie, who is your scum read past this? because mine is karote as ive said before.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jan 27, 2018 8:49 PM
Jul 2018
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Vote Count 2.5

lastwhisper31(3): ScarletCelestial, Pokeit
osieorb18(2): riku, Ruu
riku(2): osieorb18, DenjaX
ironace(1): Karote
Ruu(1): RE1031

Players not voting: Shinichi-Kun, abhutrash, ironace, lastwhisper31

Mod notes: Remember, 4 relevant posts every 24 hours.

» Day 2 Timer «

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Jan 27, 2018 8:50 PM

Jul 2016
riku said:
hang on.
lets for a moment assume that masons and neighbours coexist. so assume that were town. osie, who is your scum read past this? because mine is karote as ive said before.

Regardless of your alignment,

Scummy: Karote (lurking, attitude), Ironace (lots of lurking)
Null: Denja (Just need to hear more), Scarlet (After some reconsideration, I don't like her push on LW)
Somewhat Townie: Abhu (Not 100% convinced on claim, but we'll see)
Townie: LW (He's his usual self. If he is scum, I'll catch him later), RE (Great player and very townie, I look forward to seeing more)
Conftown: Shin (Masonry), Pokeit (IC), Osie (Me)

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 8:52 PM

Jul 2016
I'mma go do something else for a while and sleep; I've been here all day.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 9:13 PM

Nov 2014
Jesus, came back to find 5 more pages. Catching up now...
Jan 27, 2018 9:26 PM

Sep 2016
@Ruu
What's your current read on riku?
Jan 27, 2018 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
osieorb18 said:
riku said:

I mean me and kyle clash alot, normally its him scum reading me and my town reading him haha.

Jan 27, 2018 9:37 PM

Jan 2014
ill use my ability to save myself if need be tmr morning just saying... so @pokeit kindly go away
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2015
osieorb18 said:
riku said:
hang on.

Null: Denja (Just need to hear more), Scarlet (After some reconsideration, I don't like her push on LW)
Townie: LW (He's his usual self. If he is scum, I'll catch him later), RE (Great player and very townie, I look forward to seeing more)

I feel ignored 😢
Jan 27, 2018 9:42 PM

Jul 2016
Ruu said:
osieorb18 said:

I feel ignored 😢

*Yawn* You're somewhere between Null and Townie, inclusive.

Good night y'all.

- WB Yeats
Jan 27, 2018 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
just glad this is a non bastard game... or else id think Osie was a cult leader... lol
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Jan 27, 2018 9:45 PM

May 2015
RE1031 said:
@Ruu

I'm still town reading him but open to the posibility of vig shot him just to make sure. I think that if we lynch osie we might find out if they are telling the truth. If they are lying, we found the two scums.
I don't know why people are against my idea of lynching osie and vig'd riku. Some people trust the masons claim and others think that riku is town (well maybe just me).
Shin/osie/riku can't all be town so I believe my plan will save us from this ongoing conversation that keeps getting messier and pointless.
Jan 27, 2018 9:47 PM

May 2015
@RE1031 do you still think I'm scum? (I just saw the vc). If not would you be willing to join the osie train? I don't want to loose lw because of @Pokeit
Jan 27, 2018 9:48 PM

Sep 2016
Ruu said:
RE1031 said:
@Ruu

I'm still town reading him but open to the posibility of vig shot him just to make sure. I think that if we lynch osie we might find out if they are telling the truth. If they are lying, we found the two scums.
I don't know why people are against my idea of lynching osie and vig'd riku. Some people trust the masons claim and others think that riku is town (well maybe just me).
Shin/osie/riku can't all be town so I believe my plan will save us from this ongoing conversation that keeps getting messier and pointless.
I just don't get why you'd want him to be vigged if you're town reading him? Your reads and lynch choices seem to be a lot about "just to make sure." What makes osie/shinichi/riku different from the other players if you "just want to make sure"?
Also, why can't they all be town?
Jan 27, 2018 9:50 PM

May 2015
I'm also okay with voting iro if a train is form and they need someone to break the tie.
Jan 27, 2018 9:53 PM

Sep 2016
Ruu said:
@RE1031 do you still think I'm scum? (I just saw the vc). If not would you be willing to join the osie train? I don't want to loose lw because of @Pokeit
I think the towniest thing about you is your doctor claim currently, but I'm a little distrustful of using claims to clear people. I'm just not seeing town motivation behind your decision in claiming it, and I'm still skeptical of your riku read.
I'm also behaviorally reading osie as town, so I don't want to move onto him. Why do you town read riku, now knowing that scum neighborizers can exist?
Jan 27, 2018 9:54 PM

May 2015
RE1031 said:
Ruu said:

I just don't get why you'd want him to be vigged if you're town reading him? Your reads and lynch choices seem to be a lot about "just to make sure." What makes osie/shinichi/riku different from the other players if you "just want to make sure"?

Because it's not balanced if they are all town. I already talked about this but it would be unbalanced if there were 4 conf townies. One or more has to be scum.
Since we don't have a cop (aparently) we can't confirmed the mason story or if riku is in fact town. If we lynch a mason and they are scum we found the mafia. If osie is town then riku is lying and we just vig him and we kill the real scum.
Jan 27, 2018 9:59 PM

Sep 2016
Ruu said:
RE1031 said:

Because it's not balanced if they are all town. I already talked about this but it would be unbalanced if there were 4 conf townies. One or more has to be scum.
Since we don't have a cop (aparently) we can't confirmed the mason story or if riku is in fact town. If we lynch a mason and they are scum we found the mafia. If osie is town then riku is lying and we just vig him and we kill the real scum.
Masons and IC are the only confirmed townies, neighborizer is never confirmed.
Jan 27, 2018 10:06 PM

May 2015
RE1031 said:
Ruu said:
I think the towniest thing about you is your doctor claim currently, but I'm a little distrustful of using claims to clear people. I'm just not seeing town motivation behind your decision in claiming it, and I'm still skeptical of your riku read.
I'm also behaviorally reading osie as town, so I don't want to move onto him. Why do you town read riku, now knowing that scum neighborizers can exist?

His behaviour. At first I thought he was jester because he was super annoying with the haikus but then I felt that he was just being scummy because he had nothing to hid. Claiming Miller and being that annoying is like begging to get lynch. I feel like he doesn't like his Miller role and he is taking it on us. I hope this makes sense. I'm not good at explaining how my brain works lol

I claimed because my role is now useless (after N2) so I had nothing to fear. Mafia can try to kill me ofc (if there is a strongman) but it would be a waste because after N2 I'm just a vanilla townie so they have nothing to be worried about.

I get that you are reading osie as town now but what do you think of logic? We can't just forget about him just because he got replaced. His posts are useful too. Do you read logic as town also? Because to me he screams scum!logic.
Out of all the people logic would have pick for mason (if thay is true) Chad wouldn't be his first choice imo. I know this is kind of meta but I'm trying to use all the tools I've got.
Jan 27, 2018 10:10 PM

May 2015
Ughh this is so tiring...

I want to get that poe. I still feel that the masons claim is fake but we need to move pass that so I will stop arguing and just go for the lynch. Sorry Riku, I still think you are town, but if you are scum then gj pocketing me...

vote:riku
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (62) « First ... « 35 36 [37] 38 39 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.