Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (112) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2007 9:03 PM

Jun 2007
~List Updated~

I just messed around with the style sheet and based my colors on the background. I wanted it to look slightly compact but there are still a lot of things I don't like about it.

Oh well. Here's to the learning process.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=327]*The Asuka Appreciation Club* Join Now![/url
Jul 1, 2007 9:37 PM

Apr 2007
Orange <3 Looks pretty good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2007 1:57 AM

Mar 2007
Kayrhandros said:

All-Star: Only thing I dislike is the purple border on the tables.

Yep, agree.

@Deceptive621: The best way to learn is to see the source code for other people anime lists and see how they managed to do it. And have the w3c webpage open for reference to what the things actually mean,, and what you can do extra.
Jul 2, 2007 3:59 AM

May 2007
Deceptive621 said:
~List Updated~

I just messed around with the style sheet and based my colors on the background. I wanted it to look slightly compact but there are still a lot of things I don't like about it.

Oh well. Here's to the learning process.

this helped me alot to understand CSS
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

i hope it helps you

Jul 2, 2007 4:06 AM

Oct 2006
TheTsunami said:
Better or worse?
hmm... better, but imo the yellows are too faded now... I'd try using color codes like those:
#a2845e
#3e2601
#8f6e41
#5e4018

--------

Deceptive621: Looks good except for 2 things. One, the links color make them unreadable if they don't have the orange bg from the table. e.g. : "Deceptive621's Profile | MyAnimeList Home" . And 2, the font size is too small, thus in higher resolutions it's pretty difficult to read.
Jul 2, 2007 8:27 AM

Jun 2007
~List Updated~

Thanks for all the tips guys, I really appreciate it, especially considering all of your lists look so professional. I changed the link color so now you can read it with or without the table color behind it. Also increased the font size so it should be more readable on higher resolutions.

I'm definitely going to study those CSS guides. I want my list to look better and better each time I change it. Thanks again everyone. :)

[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=327]*The Asuka Appreciation Club* Join Now![/url
Jul 2, 2007 10:49 AM

Mar 2007
Kayrhandros said:

I changed it to blue now.
Jul 2, 2007 11:16 AM

Mar 2007
All-Star said:
Kayrhandros said:

A little better =)
Jul 2, 2007 12:26 PM

Oct 2006
I've re-edited the headers on my style.

Previews on my resolution:
Before
After

I'm probably keeping the second style as IMO, it looks better.

I also tested decreasing the saturation on the wallpaper, like Krelian suggested but I didn't like the outcome. The Character looked pretty pale...
Still here's the preview:
Less Saturation

EDIT: Actually, I changed colors on the headers now, too. Thanks to cyruz for the input

Red

Gray

I kinda like both so... I dunno which one to pick... Tell me what you guys think.

------

All-Star said:
Looks better
------

Deceptive621: The link are still unreadable because of the color code on the "visted link color":

Also, I'd say you should probably increase the table width a lil bit now that the font size is higher.
KayrhandrosJul 2, 2007 1:46 PM
Jul 2, 2007 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
~List Updated~

All right..I think I got it down. Thanks for the tip kayrhandros i definitely like the way it looks now with the link color changed and the widened table.

Also I like the Red Headers. They remind me more of Rei...

Jul 3, 2007 2:56 AM

Oct 2006
Np, definitely looks good now :)

And thanks for the input on the headers.
Jul 3, 2007 2:03 PM

Mar 2007
Gave my list a top header to accompany the theme of the list. Suggestions/Critic/Opinions welcome.
Jul 3, 2007 2:20 PM

Mar 2007
Kayrhandros said:
All-Star said:
Looks better

Thanks so much for the tip. I just saw your list and wow. It's my most fave design I've seen so far.
Jul 3, 2007 3:09 PM

Oct 2006
All-Star said:
Thanks so much for the tip. I just saw your list and wow. It's my most fave design I've seen so far.
Thanks a lot :). though I'm still working on the headers.

Zirgo said:
Gave my list a top header to accompany the theme of the list. Suggestions/Critic/Opinions welcome.
Zirgo, I'd suggest you use the same font style on the top header. Otherwise it looks a bit outta place imo.
Jul 3, 2007 5:53 PM

Apr 2007
I know a few people asked me to keep the Shana design until the next competition, but the end of FSN inspired me to make a new one. I can always switch it back later lol. I don't know if I like this one as much as the last, but oh well.

version04
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2007 9:18 PM

Mar 2007
Looks good, but Saber seems a bit blurry
Jul 4, 2007 1:14 AM

Mar 2007

Yeah I know =/,, made the header on another computer that didn't have that font installed,, will do something about that. Thanks! =)
ZirgoJul 4, 2007 10:25 AM
Jul 4, 2007 10:25 AM

Mar 2007
So, now the header has the same font as the other elements,, better for sure =)
Jul 4, 2007 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
In getting to know the structuring of the List section, and tinkering with it for a few hours I made a very simplistic natured design. It's nothing fancy, nor did it take very much effort to make.

List

Jul 4, 2007 1:15 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
You know, simple is good. And without exaggerating, I really like that sig of yours, it's awesome. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 4, 2007 1:23 PM

Mar 2007
@Fenrir - Yep a simple and very nice design indeed. Like it alot!
Jul 4, 2007 1:27 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
You know, simple is good.

Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound as if simple is bad. In all honesty, I prefer it simple.
And without exaggerating, I really like that sig of yours, it's awesome. :D

You've got me a little confused here since I don't have a signature. Although I assume you refer to my profile picture and/or the image used in the background on my list?

Zirgo said:
@Fenrir - Yep a simple and very nice design indeed. Like it alot!

I appreciate it. Thanks.

Jul 4, 2007 1:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Fenrir said:
You've got me a little confused here since I don't have a signature. Although I assume you refer to my profile picture and/or the image used in the background on my list?

Haha, I should get sleep. I actually meant to type list and not sig. Sorry ^^.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 4, 2007 1:31 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Haha, I should get sleep. I actually meant to type list and not sig. Sorry ^^.

Oh, it's not a problem at all. It happens.
I appreciate it in any case.

Jul 4, 2007 1:35 PM

Oct 2006
Zirgo said:
So, now the header has the same font as the other elements,, better for sure =)
Does indeed :)

Fenrir said:
In getting to know the structuring of the List section, and tinkering with it for a few hours I made a very simplistic natured design. It's nothing fancy, nor did it take very much effort to make.

List
I like it too. Pretty simple but it works :)
Jul 4, 2007 4:08 PM

Oct 2006
Zel said:
Looks good, but Saber seems a bit blurry

Ditto.

Fenrir: I like the whole minimalist thing a lot, but drop the black bar under each heading - it looks kinda bad. Perhaps you could try light grey, but black is far too much contrast - it throws the whole thing out of balance.
Jul 4, 2007 11:39 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I like that black bar, gives the list the little bit of contrast it needs. But that's just me. :)

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 12:33 AM

Jul 2007
Kayrhandros said:
I like it too. Pretty simple but it works :)

Thanks.
Krelian said:
Fenrir: I like the whole minimalist thing a lot, but drop the black bar under each heading - it looks kinda bad. Perhaps you could try light grey, but black is far too much contrast - it throws the whole thing out of balance.

I made it dark with the purpose of rough contrast as to seperate the sections and make it stand out. In any case, I took your suggestion into consideration and toned down its color.

List

Jul 5, 2007 1:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I updated my list a few days ago as well. I only enhanced the wallpaper contrast a bit and added the torture tools from Higurashi to the headers. I know it's not completely new but it's sort of refreshing heh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 2:08 AM

Mar 2007
Watch out for knives, they are sharp =),, nice headers cyruz!
Jul 5, 2007 10:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
They sure are. :D

Thanks!

Yours looks great too btw, very nice job!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 1:18 PM

Jun 2007
@Fenrir: I like your list setup. It is very simple, but I think that makes it look very clean and carefree. I like it alot. :)

I was looking @ your sig and the extension (With the girls face) is off vertically by a few pixels. You can tell by looking at her eye. although it's also very pretty.

Jul 5, 2007 1:20 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It is off? Can you point it out, or mark it on a screenshot or something since I can't spot anything.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 5, 2007 1:33 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't notice that it was off. It should have been fixed now.
Thanks for noticing.

Deceptive621 said:
@Fenrir: I like your list setup. It is very simple, but I think that makes it look very clean and carefree. I like it alot. :)

Thanks. :)

cyruz said:
I updated my list a few days ago as well. I only enhanced the wallpaper contrast a bit and added the torture tools from Higurashi to the headers. I know it's not completely new but it's sort of refreshing heh.

Ah, yes. The dreaded tools from Higurashi. They provided some creepy scenarios.
It serves as a very nice addition if I must say so.
It is off? Can you point it out, or mark it on a screenshot or something since I can't spot anything.

The right section was off by 2 pixels as shown here.
Fenrir_Jul 5, 2007 1:45 PM

Jul 6, 2007 10:37 PM

Jun 2007
Working on a new style to match my signature. Got most of it done, but I'm probably gonna add/fix a few things tomorrow.
Jul 9, 2007 11:19 PM

Apr 2007
Updated my list yesterday. went with a Death Note theme. Lmk what u think
Jul 10, 2007 2:41 AM

Mar 2007
@LostHartSQ - Just one thing I think. Make the white background you have for the headers transparent instead so that they don't cut out the page background ryuuk character.
Jul 10, 2007 6:39 AM

Apr 2007
Lol, i did not even think of that... thanks alot. I have my resolution set at 1280x1024.. forgot that not the whole world is like me lol. ill definitely change that so other resolutions look ok as well. Thanks again Zirgo, never would have thought of it.
Jul 10, 2007 9:26 AM

Mar 2007
Ah ok =),, I run 1024*768 max solution so I have the reverse problem when ever I do a design,, so I try to keep it as "safe" as possible.
Jul 13, 2007 11:42 AM

Jun 2007
~List Updated~

So I got bored of all the oranges and browns. Reminded me too much of fall and it's summer! So I made a fresh new list. Uses more whites, blacks and blues but is still quite dark. For some reason I seem to move toward darker themes. Also incorporated some transparent graphics which are a first for me. I think they came out pretty well. Tell me what you think! :)

Also, I might just be blind and too new to CSS but where is the code that lets me change the header that says 'Deceptive621's List', right next to the drop down menu? I can't find it and I want to put a graphic there instead. Thanks. :)

Jul 13, 2007 1:26 PM

Oct 2006
2 things: The headers look a little blurry and kinda odd over the darker parts of the image (you may want to make use of PNG alpha transparency instead of GIF transparency there) and I really think it'd look better if you kept the alternating row colors on the list (they only need to be slightly different... just enough to notice) rather than making them all the same.

That said, I like the colors and I'm quite fond of the background. Good job with that.
Jul 14, 2007 2:08 AM

Apr 2007
Sidestep said:
Working on a new style to match my signature. Got most of it done, but I'm probably gonna add/fix a few things tomorrow.

That's pretty sweet.

I just switched up the wallpaper on my list as a temporary fix since the last one was kind of blurry and a little too light but I think it actually made it look a lot better. <_>
Jul 14, 2007 2:45 AM

Mar 2007
Deceptive621 said:
~List Updated~
Also, I might just be blind and too new to CSS but where is the code that lets me change the header that says 'Deceptive621's List', right next to the drop down menu? I can't find it and I want to put a graphic there instead. Thanks. :)

The code for doing that is first in the "div#list_surround". I'll do a copy of my code.
----------------------------------------------------------------
div#list_surround
{
margin-left:400px;
background: url(http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2936/bigheaddz3.jpg) top right no-repeat;
width: 600px;
padding-top: 250px;
}
------------------------------------------------------------------
background: should be set to point to the images that you want for the top header
padding-top: should be set to the height of you top header image so that you can view it full out. Also I set a width property here but not certain if it's needed.

Now you will see the image but you still have the Deceptives Anime List as text placed on top. To remove this you need to add a line to the ".header_al" Code as follows.
------------------------------------------------------------------
.header_al
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 16px;
display:none;
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The only one you need to add is the display:none;

Hope it works out!
Jul 14, 2007 5:32 AM

Oct 2006
Changed mine again another collabo with cyruz. Turned out really awesome if I do say so myself :D http://itainteazy.myanimelist.net/
Jul 14, 2007 7:51 AM
Sep 2006
itainteazy said:
Changed mine again another collabo with cyruz. Turned out really awesome if I do say so myself :D http://itainteazy.myanimelist.net/

Now that's what I call some kickass headers. I liked it and thought it was well-made, good job~
Jul 14, 2007 8:32 AM

Jan 2007
Awh, Eazy`s so creative. [[;
I updated mine as well <3
Jul 14, 2007 8:38 AM

Apr 2007
Very nice design Eazy. The only slight problem I could note was that your headers are a few pixels off to the right.

Noelle_x3, I'd suggest aligning the background to the top left corner so that the list is over it when viewed at higher resolutions.
tainteddonutJul 14, 2007 8:55 AM

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 14, 2007 8:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
tainteddonut said:
The only slight problem I could note was that your headers are a few pixels off to the right.

That should be fixed.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 14, 2007 9:10 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
tainteddonut said:
The only slight problem I could note was that your headers are a few pixels off to the right.

That should be fixed.

This is what I see when I check it out with Opera 9. It also appears a few pixels off with IE 7 too. On Firefox 2 it looks lined up nicely though.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 14, 2007 9:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Hm, yeah I see. Looks like the position is off. We'll have a look into that.

[edit]: Right, I have no clue how to fix it.
cyruzJul 14, 2007 9:39 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (112) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime quiz website 2.0

Khoi369 - Jun 2

6 by Khoi369 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Do you think we will have robots with consciousness first or will we meet aliens first?

Absurdo_N - Jun 2

3 by Lost_Viking »»
Yesterday, 3:15 PM

» DBS Dream Fairy Match Girl "Nana" ("Yuna")

MasterTasuke - May 20

5 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 1:18 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

381 by Katallina »»
Yesterday, 9:52 AM

» @imports Pictures not loading correctly. Stopped working recently

ColFrogfoot - Jun 3

1 by ColFrogfoot »»
Yesterday, 7:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.