Forum Settings
Forums

Do you think freedom of religion is a good thing?

New
Is freedom of religion good?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 20, 2016 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
Masked_Mantis said:
Anyone can criticise it as long as people want shariah as law. I don't need to be a Muslim or think highly of Muhammad to tell you why shariah today would be hell.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

then why isnt all this trouble happening in INDIA?
care to explain....? here we have islamic sharia implemented among muslims...
and please dont bring the internet crap u have been bringing so far...:)

as i was sasying, u r in clear muddy pool about islamic sharia....

u keep telling this for eternity, and i or someone will keep replying with this until eternity, because if i dont, the person who comes and reads ur last comment on this post will think u r probably ryt... in which case they too fal into the muddy pit....now....can i watch that happen? no i cant....

i dont mind u being ryt at all, but i do mind people believing the wrong stuff, because along the way u telling right things, u also said wrong things...
Well perhaps most agree not to have it implemented on all people. You know India has it's troubles too.

This is what I was talking to K0k0 about actually. What you call "internet crap" is reality.

People are fighting for her rights, however as you can see there's a metric tonne of hate in that community that want her dead. That hate stems from somewhere, and it doesn't come from Christianity.

That's a troubling case in Pakistan. We don't need that attitude in Islam, but try acknowledging it's there pal. If there have been peaceful Islamic states in the past you should be concerned at the downhill fall of Islam. Islam is the fastest growing religion today, get Muslims on at least a sane wave length before honour killings, stoning people and rape returns to the modern age.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 20, 2016 10:13 AM

May 2015
yes ofc, everyone should have the right to believe in whatever bullshit they wanna believe in

Rasco said:
Yes as long as they keep that shit to themselves. I don't mind door knockers.. but if religion gets special privileges then we as human beings have fucked ourselves over.

Ive never thought of this idea before but yes, the world as we know it is doomed if this ever happens
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Mar 20, 2016 10:23 AM
Feb 2016

then please explain why IAM not feeling like that toward her?
and people and scholars in my region would never support this....

also...u speak as if u r concerned ....but r u really? u dont believe in anything....or do u?

all the same...the purest islam will remain unshaking till the world end....:)
its one of the prophecies....and dont go doodling in google search bar....:)

coz iam citing it from the 'soul'-knowledge thing i was takling about earlier....

and only true seekers of truth are going to find purest islam.... so i dont think with that attitude u can see anything...

also, most of the world muslims will eventually change their current beliefs and turn to the purest islam as the world end comes.

so dont u cry over it...:)

if u have trouble with muslims, blame those who are causing u trouble...provided ur reasons are correct...

so buddy, i dont wish to neither provoke u nor disrespect u,
but please stop blamin this Islam as the whole....coz as long as this true islam exist, u will be covering up the truth.....not for urself, but for those who read ur comments too..!

u wont find this info on internet....or maybe even if u do, u wont be able to understand it, unless u r one of the seekers of truth or you know someone who can guide you.

what i ask is, to stop this posting.

And i know you can easily dismiss what all i have said so far, as a somebody's words, but know this, that exact point is exactly where you miss the true Islam, and the true Muslims get hidden from your criticism...

its funny, wen i go throughout this post, i realize none of ur evidence-links contains anything about true Islam, or such Muslims.....
so, as i said, u are missing a Huge beautiful Spectrum of Islam here....which i bet u wouldnt criticize ....unless u r follower of the wrong...in which case u would be supporting terrorism too...

Good Night.
Bye . gtg.
IvisireMar 20, 2016 10:44 AM
Mar 20, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
then please explain why IAM not feeling like that toward her?
and people and scholars in my region would never support this....
Religion isn't a contest. Why is pointing out the fact that you don't go mental when someone insults Muhammad important? Shouldn't we be pointing out people that do go mental? There are millions of Sikhs round the world and none of them go mental when you insult Muhammad either, so what? Atheists don't flip out and kill people when you insult Muhammad.

Having your life in danger for insulting Muhammad is an Islamic problem. Muhammad also killed those who wrote about him in poems as I've linked you to before. I don't wanna hear "internet crap". There's obviously a connection between Islams teachings, ingrained violent culture or Muhammad being the moral guidance of Muslims that make only Muslims want to kill you for criticising Islam or Muhammad.

Ivisire said:
also...u speak as if u r concerned ....but r u really? u dont believe in anything....or do u?

all the same...the purest islam will remain unshaking till the world end....:)
its one of the prophecies....and dont go doodling in google search bar....:)
I am concerned, as a Muslim you should be as concerned as me.

The rest is cool and all, and I'm glad the book shows you the truth that makes you not want to be violent or oppressive. But that doesn't take away from reality and history. It's very simple. The Quran says things like cut off peoples hands and heads. Devout Muslims wan't to live under the laws of the Quran (why wouldn't they, it is the final revelation after all).

The torah tells you to stone adulterers. Explain to me why Muslims stone adulterers yet Jews don't? I point you back to this video, a more common Islamic point of view than you want to dismiss. So maybe when you see a crowd of angry Muslims calling for shariah or something stupid like that, maybe see that it's only an Islamic problem, it's a growing problem and it's brainwashing Muslims.

What that shows you is a nice normal Muslim not able to criticise Islam. See it's not good is it.

"I don't think it's a good idea to cut someones hands off"

"Really? the Quran tells you it's a good law to live under"

"oh well, I'm not sure, I can't possibly comment"

Dick_DawkinsMar 20, 2016 11:15 AM
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 20, 2016 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
It's pointless to try to debate moslem. It's all taqiya. They are so in love with their shitty heretic book written by mentally ill pedophile goat herder advicing his crazy cultists to chop off limbs and crucify anyone opposing them that there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of it in their fucked up heads.
Mar 20, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2014
dariken said:
It's pointless to try to debate moslem. It's all taqiya. They are so in love with their shitty heretic book written by mentally ill pedophile goat herder advicing his crazy cultists to chop off limbs and crucify anyone opposing them that there is absolutely nothing wrong with any of it in their fucked up heads.
Check out this crazy bastard lol. It's Immahnoobs hero.

Trance said:
Mar 20, 2016 3:44 PM

May 2015
Clebardman said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

But why is it that one religion causes more violence than others?

This is just bullshit and you know it. Saying "it's because they're muslim" is as delusional as saying "it has nothing to do with islam". Ultimately, religion is just a convenient tool to turn those left behind by our society against us. If this was just a matter of religion, there are plenty muslims in the middle east, there'd be no need to recruit an army amongst our unemployed youth.

I don't see any argument here. How is it bullshit when most terror attacks are by Muslims?

spinninground said:
@TheBrainintheJar

IMO, monotheistic religions tend to be easier to bend to violence, simply because of the "the one" principle. In order to be "the one" or "the chosen" or "the true" whatever, that means everyone else has to be inferior or false, which can easily set up a negative mindset. When it crosses into race, similarly dangerous words would be "the pure" or "the strongest". Religions like Buddhism, being nontheistic, tend to be more experientially grounded, a state of being, an internal journey, that sort of thing. Of course, there could be a version where the journey consists of bathing in the blood of a million babies or something, but most societies don't tolerate that, so the peaceful religions are a lot more popular.

It doesn't help that with "one true way" religions, there is frequently already a history of violence, whether it's them doing the persecuting or the ones being persecuted. I think the model of it just leads to friction, the same way a kid would get beat up if he genuinely believed he was the only one who could .. I don't know, eat chocolate at lunch, because he has the right connections. Just as interpersonal abuse frequently leads to subsequent abuse by the former victim, in history that presents itself as the cycle of war. Sometimes a victim stands up only to become worse than the bully. It takes a lot to shake it off, and the more powerful the player, the more difficult it becomes to not fight for something that is "rightfully theirs."

I agree that some are easier to distort, but that's just the nature of things. Might as well ask why some pairings are easier to ship; you just have more material to work with. Doesn't make it more true. I'm going to say that again just so anyone who comes after can't misunderstand: just because you can more easily twist something doesn't make it worse, just more susceptible to manipulation. To follow up on my terrible metaphor that I'm indulging in because it's MAL, this means that L x Light is canonically as equally untrue as Light x Ryuk, even though it's easier to believe the first one. It may be easier to see the relation between Islam and violence, but unless that connection is in the source material, it's just humans conveniently twisting it.

(Of course, I say all this while giving common religions the benefit of the doubt because there are many peaceful practitioners. All bets are off if the canon text isn't manipulated, but just horrible to begin with. There's an amazing amount of stupid shit in holy texts. Yes, yes, I'm a blasphemer, I'm sure I'll regret it in the afterlife. )

This is an interesting perspective.

The thing is, monotheistic religions are just as contradictinary as polytheistic ones. The Tanakh, New Testament and Quran are full of contradictions.

I don't think that the terrorist 'distort' Islam. They merely follow it more rigidly. The insturctions are right there in the book. There are more verses of violence than verses of peace. Unlike the Bible (Which is presented as a collection of viewpoints. It is NOT a singular book but a collection) the Quran is meant to be present one single perspective.

I don't know much about the New Testament though.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Mar 20, 2016 8:14 PM

Feb 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:

The thing is, monotheistic religions are just as contradictinary as polytheistic ones. The Tanakh, New Testament and Quran are full of contradictions.

I don't think that the terrorist 'distort' Islam. They merely follow it more rigidly. The insturctions are right there in the book. There are more verses of violence than verses of peace. Unlike the Bible (Which is presented as a collection of viewpoints. It is NOT a singular book but a collection) the Quran is meant to be present one single perspective.

Yes, as a filthy heretic who is well acquainted with the old and new testaments but not the Quran, it's full of contradictions and idiotic mandates that are either the result of human error, or the Holy Spirit really needs to do a better job transmitting it to prophets. I wouldn't want to believe in a God who can't get a holy book right any more than I want to follow a rambling, incomprehensible blog, but that's why I'll be enjoying a nice pit of lava when I die.

Whether or not "true" Islam involves terrorist activities is something I will never be able to comment on, but I will say this: when a Muslim person tells me that their religion doesn't condone violence, I believe that is their truth. And when people commit genocide in the name of Allah, I also know that that is their truth. It would be foolish of me to assume that they share the same faith despite having the same name. This is the same way I distinguish fundamentalist Mormons, or fundamentalists of any stripe, from the majority. I can't judge the truth of their religion, but I don't have to; what I do reject are people who choose to believe something that leads to harming others.
Mar 20, 2016 8:59 PM
Feb 2016
spinninground said:
what I do reject are people who choose to believe something that leads to harming others.

Thats exactly the point.

and as @braininthe jar says, Qur'an is not full of contradictions....coz it is proven that it was never rewritten at all!

and he also says jihadists are following islam more 'rigidly'...
thats utter nonsense....they following it based on their adrenaline rush....and solely that! and i dont know who their leaders are....but their leaders are truely out of islam....maybe by even name too...

Masked_Mantis said:
dariken said:
Check out this crazy bastard lol. It's Immahnoobs hero.

hahaha...XD guess what? for once i agree with you.

and as i mentioned earlier, you havent yet seen true muslims....throughout your evidence links and video posts, you havent found any true muslim to criticize.

and thats obviously because they wont come up on this violence maker's list.

For example....the family members of Prophet's lineage are highly regarded, that, the government of my region even gave awards to them for their charity works.
And they are liked by all religions and regarded as the reason to have this harmony we have here today.

There wr terrorism supporters among muslims here in kerala and it was these family leaders who condemned them fearlessly......
when women had no security in certain hospitals and institutions, it was they who brought such matters to the government and made the government take action.

and thats why i keep stressing on not putting the Islams name in the dirt as you see a tainted islam in the west, which is not even islam.

oh! and...@spinninground ... the lava pit wont be enjoyable at all.....like you see in the anime, movies, or from the words of satanists...:)
and besides, we dont follow God being Frightened of Hell, nor Expecting Heaven. (Atleast I dont. And i know communities that go about in million counts, who dont.)
But out of pure love alone.
i can elaborate this all day if u want.....anybody is free to send me a PM too....
IvisireMar 20, 2016 9:06 PM
Mar 20, 2016 11:21 PM

May 2015
spinninground said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Yes, as a filthy heretic who is well acquainted with the old and new testaments but not the Quran, it's full of contradictions and idiotic mandates that are either the result of human error, or the Holy Spirit really needs to do a better job transmitting it to prophets. I wouldn't want to believe in a God who can't get a holy book right any more than I want to follow a rambling, incomprehensible blog, but that's why I'll be enjoying a nice pit of lava when I die.

Whether or not "true" Islam involves terrorist activities is something I will never be able to comment on, but I will say this: when a Muslim person tells me that their religion doesn't condone violence, I believe that is their truth. And when people commit genocide in the name of Allah, I also know that that is their truth. It would be foolish of me to assume that they share the same faith despite having the same name. This is the same way I distinguish fundamentalist Mormons, or fundamentalists of any stripe, from the majority. I can't judge the truth of their religion, but I don't have to; what I do reject are people who choose to believe something that leads to harming others.

The contradiction in the Bible are there because it's not a single book. It's a collection. Calling the Bible stupid for being inconsistent is like calling a short story collection plotless. You're reading it wrong.

Being a Muslim isn't anything to make one's an authority on Islam. I met plenty of ultra-religious Jews who don't understand the Bible. These are complex books.
Mar 21, 2016 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
@Ivisire

I see a tainted Islam worldwide, hence me posting news articles happening in Islamic countries. In the west of course we have a tainted Islam (that's why people are criticisng it). You criticise the religion, or talk about banning the burqa in public and everyone riots. You let refugees in from Syria and they rape non Muslim women. It is an issue with Muslims whether you like it or not. It's strong young men "fleeing" from Syria, while western Muslims are supposedly leaving for Syria to fight against isis according to ZA_WAYD. Wake up.

Religion doesn't deserve privileges, and we've been ignoring Islam for years and focusing on the good Muslims do. Acknowleding a serious problem within Islam today doesn't take away from the good Muslims are doing. They just need to know where they stand with criticism of their religion.

I don't criticise what you call true Muslims because it's irrelevant. There are good people worldwide of all religions.
Trance said:
Mar 21, 2016 6:17 AM
Feb 2016
Masked_Mantis said:
@Ivisire

I see a tainted Islam worldwide, hence me posting news articles happening in Islamic countries. In the west of course we have a tainted Islam (that's why people are criticisng it). You criticise the religion, or talk about banning the burqa in public and everyone riots. You let refugees in from Syria and they rape non Muslim women. It is an issue with Muslims whether you like it or not. It's strong young men "fleeing" from Syria, while western Muslims are supposedly leaving for Syria to fight against isis according to ZA_WAYD. Wake up.

Religion doesn't deserve privileges, and we've been ignoring Islam for years and focusing on the good Muslims do. Acknowleding a serious problem within Islam today doesn't take away from the good Muslims are doing. They just need to know where they stand with criticism of their religion.

I don't criticise what you call true Muslims because it's irrelevant. There are good people worldwide of all religions.

and there! we are at square 1....

btw, by "we've been ignoring" whom are u referring to?

u dont have to criticize the principles of Islam inorder to criticize the violence.
All you need is to criticize the violent persons and organisations....thats all iam saying...get me?

u do agree there are good muslims, yet countless times you have referred to islam and all muslims entirely as wrong. but you see, then u r contradicting yourself of acknowledging good muslims....and that is what many of the posters on this thread oppose......

and i must tell u, if it was any jihadist, he would have totally gone violent and maybe even as crazy as disturb the MAL database by hacking....

but too feel very bad about u criticizing the Prophet, but what is holding us strongly back is His teachings alone. He once proclaimed, after winning one of the greatest battles, which began totally unexpectedly (when an enemy of 1000 ambushed a fellow 300 travelers including the Prophet), "This is not any significant war. The true war is against our own self."
by which he meant the true war is against our own bodily temptations, and against the disease of hearts like hatred, jealousy, lust, racial discrimination, prejudice, et cetra....

:)
Mar 21, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
Ivisire said:
Masked_Mantis said:
@Ivisire

u dont have to criticize the principles of Islam inorder to criticize the violence.
All you need is to criticize the violent persons and organisations....thats all iam saying...get me?

u do agree there are good muslims, yet countless times you have referred to islam and all muslims entirely as wrong. but you see, then u r contradicting yourself of acknowledging good muslims....and that is what many of the posters on this thread oppose......

and i must tell u, if it was any jihadist, he would have totally gone violent and maybe even as crazy as disturb the MAL database by hacking....

but too feel very bad about u criticizing the Prophet, but what is holding us strongly back is His teachings alone. He once proclaimed, after winning one of the greatest battles, which began totally unexpectedly (when an enemy of 1000 ambushed a fellow 300 travelers including the Prophet), "This is not any significant war. The true war is against our own self."
by which he meant the true war is against our own bodily temptations, and against the disease of hearts like hatred, jealousy, lust, racial discrimination, prejudice, et cetra....

We're not at square one. Islam is the most dangerous ideology today because it's the final revelation. Too many Muslims believe it's the best solution to all of lifes problems, and for that reason the principles of Islam should be criticised. You just need to look to other Islamic countries to see the human rights violations shariah brings. Are you telling me they're all interpretting islam wrong? That's a lot of people who don't understand a supposedly simple book. No wonder people are scared of Islam growing so fast.

With the Muslim migrant crisis do you think they just all of sudden became rapists when they came to Europe? No, they bring rape culture with them. They've admitted they see non Muslim girls, especially blondes as worthless and sluts for not covering up. And the left wingers and governments responses are either go out in pairs, or stop being islamaphobic there is no problem. This attitude will be the reason for the Islamisation of Europe, it took me long enough to see that.

Look at all these fatwas put on people for writing books or making documentaries highlighting Islamic practices like female genital mutilation. Pedophile priests get criticised and satirised, so should thousands of Muslims who are insecure about their religion be satirised.

And by we I mean everyone. Everyone's seen what Muslims will do if you criticise Islam. The governments certainly have remained silent in fear of being seen as intolerant or racist, and that's a reason to distrust Islam too.
Trance said:
Mar 21, 2016 9:12 PM
Feb 2016
Masked_Mantis said:
Ivisire said:

We're not at square one. Islam is the most dangerous ideology today because it's the final revelation. Too many Muslims believe it's the best solution to all of lifes problems, and for that reason the principles of Islam should be criticised. You just need to look to other Islamic countries to see the human rights violations shariah brings. Are you telling me they're all interpretting islam wrong? That's a lot of people who don't understand a supposedly simple book. No wonder people are scared of Islam growing so fast.

With the Muslim migrant crisis do you think they just all of sudden became rapists when they came to Europe? No, they bring rape culture with them. They've admitted they see non Muslim girls, especially blondes as worthless and sluts for not covering up. And the left wingers and governments responses are either go out in pairs, or stop being islamaphobic there is no problem. This attitude will be the reason for the Islamisation of Europe, it took me long enough to see that.

Look at all these fatwas put on people for writing books or making documentaries highlighting Islamic practices like female genital mutilation. Pedophile priests get criticised and satirised, so should thousands of Muslims who are insecure about their religion be satirised.

And by we I mean everyone. Everyone's seen what Muslims will do if you criticise Islam. The governments certainly have remained silent in fear of being seen as intolerant or racist, and that's a reason to distrust Islam too.

Yes.....we Are on square one now.

coz, we have been telling you all this time, we too despise each and everything you mentioned in the last post.

and sterilising is haram and not supported in true islam. to be honest, I feel like vomiting when i even here rape and sterilising stuffs.

as i said before,

And ohh yeeah those who do things you mentioned, they AALL are wrong....

because there is this prophecy, as the end of the world reaches, the number of true musims will be very low compared to the world population.

and you talking about fatwas? come on buddy, it is false fatwas that has made the new terrorist ideologies and named it islam......and NO, that isnt Islam.

True Islam is only found through the Truest Master-Disciple chains from the Prophet Himself.

And THAT is the reason the Islamic Idealogy itself cannot be criticized....as the true Ideology is indeed based on character development, purpose giving to life, and totally against violence.

If you want quotes, of non-muslims, i can give you....(since you have been providing 100s of false claims of islam from false or incomplete or wrong muslims),

for example one that comes to mind now is, that said by Mahatma Gandhi, Ghandiji the father if indian independence, he was one who fought beside True Muslims (those who are part of the chain i mentioned)
he said, from his wisdom,
"The type of ruling of a ruler I like the most is that of Umar bin Khatab (the second Caliph, a true disciple of Prophet directly, the one who fought in battles alongside the Prophet)"

you want more? I got plenty, and mind you, iam talking about non-muslims' who saw true muslims and also, are not insane/violent themselves.....like Gandhiji.
IvisireMar 21, 2016 9:17 PM
Mar 22, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2016
I believe in the freedom to hold certain beliefs as long as they don't hurt others or break laws.

However, I don't believe in the complete freedom to practice religion. The Quran specifically tells muslims to kill unbelievers, and that it is okay to rape unbelieving women. In this case, they should not have the freedom to practice their religion. I believe in the freedom to do things like pray, have religious meetings, and freely talk about your religious beliefs though.
You are now breathing manually.
Mar 22, 2016 5:42 PM

Feb 2016
Ivisire said:
oh! and...@spinninground ... the lava pit wont be enjoyable at all.....like you see in the anime, movies, or from the words of satanists...:)
and besides, we dont follow God being Frightened of Hell, nor Expecting Heaven. (Atleast I dont. And i know communities that go about in million counts, who dont.)
i can elaborate this all day if u want.....anybody is free to send me a PM too....
Haha thanks for offering to enlighten me, but I'm not going to lie: I may have love for my fellow humans, but I don't really feel that way about God, and I've tried. He's pretty jealous and narcissistic, and I find that difficult to love. Not to mention I find half the teachings disagreeable, and choose to live apostate regardless of whatever the truth may be concerning the fundamental existence of a higher power. But hey, he knows where to find me.

TheBrainintheJar said:
spinninground said:

The contradiction in the Bible are there because it's not a single book. It's a collection. Calling the Bible stupid for being inconsistent is like calling a short story collection plotless. You're reading it wrong.

Being a Muslim isn't anything to make one's an authority on Islam. I met plenty of ultra-religious Jews who don't understand the Bible. These are complex books.
Never called it stupid, I just acknowledged that it had inconsistencies, which you mentioned first. It may be a collection, but for some Christians, there is the belief that the Holy Spirit moved the writers of each book of the Bible, and so the Word comes straight from God. As for the second, yes, being Muslim doesn't give you authority on Islam, but each person has the right to define their religion and belief system. You could argue that it's not what the canon text says until you're blue in the face (and many do,) but it won't change what those people are practicing.
Mar 22, 2016 8:00 PM
Feb 2016
spinninground said:
Ivisire said:
Haha thanks for offering to enlighten me, but I'm not going to lie: I may have love for my fellow humans, but I don't really feel that way about God, and I've tried. He's pretty jealous and narcissistic, and I find that difficult to love. Not to mention I find half the teachings disagreeable, and choose to live apostate regardless of whatever the truth may be concerning the fundamental existence of a higher power. But hey, he knows where to find me.

yeah....he surely knows.....:)
maybe he already have......;)

and dont worry, a lot of people dont feel that way about God, but hey, thats because everything about God gets twisted if we start accepting the man-made theories of God found in movies and animes and the cultures surrounding us....our only way out is to rely on ourself to find Him...

I am truly appreciating your choice to not believe anything...in this era, that is very much better than believing in man-made assumptions of God....:D

I hope iam not deviating from the discussion, but to be honest, i must say this,
the God, I worship has indeed always answered my prayers, and truly, it is not I who found him, but He found me, and taught me things, about life and the world......i just looked out for signs, but that was my hobby from childhood...........:)
*lterally and metaphorically both at the ssame time, hard to explain*

and to tell u the truth, even my mom and dad, including my uncles too, dont feel that way about God yet, all they taught me was to frightened of Hell....but yet still, i sinned......

i do wish to make ur acquaintance.......if thats the case, i really do wish to hear more about your story......and i could share more of mine too.....and dont take this as preaching or in the likes of it, what i meant was only a casual conversation...

and my view on priests is that they are teaching what they themselves dont know.....and that is why the world is in the current mess......there are a rare few who follow the basic principles tho....
as of me myself, "i force myself to follow the rule, not to speak of what i have half knowledge or no practice, or proof of."..and i hope to keep it too.....

(anyone can pm me to know more....)
IvisireMar 22, 2016 8:06 PM
Mar 23, 2016 1:09 AM

May 2015
spinninground said:
Never called it stupid, I just acknowledged that it had inconsistencies, which you mentioned first. It may be a collection, but for some Christians, there is the belief that the Holy Spirit moved the writers of each book of the Bible, and so the Word comes straight from God. As for the second, yes, being Muslim doesn't give you authority on Islam, but each person has the right to define their religion and belief system. You could argue that it's not what the canon text says until you're blue in the face (and many do,) but it won't change what those people are practicing.

If every Muslim can define their religion however they want, Islam loses meaning. The reason different religions exist is because there are distinct differences between them.

Of course, some people think the Bible is the infallible word of God. That said, I know the belief that the Bible is a collection is pretty common, even among the religious (At least among Jooz. I don't know Christians). There's also evidence that the Quran was a single book, and the Bible is a collection. At this point it doesn't matter what they believe. The evidence speaks for itself.
Mar 23, 2016 1:59 AM
Feb 2016
sobanoodle said:
I believe in the freedom to hold certain beliefs as long as they don't hurt others or break laws.

However, I don't believe in the complete freedom to practice religion. The Quran specifically tells muslims to kill unbelievers, and that it is okay to rape unbelieving women. In this case, they should not have the freedom to practice their religion. I believe in the freedom to do things like pray, have religious meetings, and freely talk about your religious beliefs though.

that isnt true....proof is the begining era wen only pure islam exsted, the islamic nations conatained all religious people.....
and Prophet has taught us to help neighbours and things like that which clearly is not based on religious distinction.....

and @spinninground
@braininthejar

i saw today news on brussels attack......and i realize why even this convo is happening....

TheBrainintheJar said:
spinninground said:

If every Muslim can define their religion however they want, Islam loses meaning. The reason different religions exist is because there are distinct differences between them.

Of course, some people think the Bible is the infallible word of God. That said, I know the belief that the Bible is a collection is pretty common, even among the religious (At least among Jooz. I don't know Christians). There's also evidence that the Quran was a single book, and the Bible is a collection. At this point it doesn't matter what they believe. The evidence speaks for itself.

its not about muslims....its about individuals......in all religion it is like that.....people of different emotions understand things differently....

and u think each and every muslim believes differently?
nope...that isnt true....
for example the things i myself believe are believe by millions of ppl around the globe word to word....:)

well, ofcourse, if ppl are exposed to islam wen terrorists attack and a headline appears in newspaper, it sure is bound to veil the real truth about islam....that is for those who dont do actual thinking....

yeah...and i too am feeling the hate towards the terrorists much more than u all propbably.... but that doesnt render the fact that true muslims exist.....

Mar 23, 2016 2:08 AM

May 2015
Ivisire said:
sobanoodle said:

that isnt true....proof is the begining era wen only pure islam exsted, the islamic nations conatained all religious people.....
and Prophet has taught us to help neighbours and things like that which clearly is not based on religious distinction.....

and @spinninground
@braininthejar

i saw today news on brussels attack......and i realize why even this convo is happening....

TheBrainintheJar said:

its not about muslims....its about individuals......in all religion it is like that.....people of different emotions understand things differently....

and u think each and every muslim believes differently?
nope...that isnt true....
for example the things i myself believe are believe by millions of ppl around the globe word to word....:)

well, ofcourse, if ppl are exposed to islam wen terrorists attack and a headline appears in newspaper, it sure is bound to veil the real truth about islam....that is for those who dont do actual thinking....

yeah...and i too am feeling the hate towards the terrorists much more than u all propbably.... but that doesnt render the fact that true muslims exist.....

Who are the 'true Muslims'? Are they the ones who reject the word of God that says men are in charge of women?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

30 by 0arche »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think we will have Terminator-like robots or will we have Detroit Become Human-like robots in the future?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

3 by deg »»
51 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

58 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

90 by Mirania »»
1 hour ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.