Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 16, 2023 7:27 PM
Dec 2020
if you ask me, it's not perverted enough
Nov 20, 2023 1:07 PM
Nov 2023
There's a lot of people here saying that Western Media is more perverted, but like, that doesn't make it better. Both suck at this. Instead of being creative and telling an interesting story, and putting in the actual work to make something great and meaningful people, but Japanese and Western, take the lazy route, put a chick in it, give her big boobs, reference sex a lot and call it a day. It sucks.
Nov 20, 2023 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
It really does vary from show to show, but the pervasiveness of fanservice across the medium in general can make it hard to get people who find that sort of thing offputting into anime.
Take care of yourself

Nov 20, 2023 2:59 PM

Mar 2021
I know this might be veering off the original topic a bit, but an argument could be made that modern fans have just become more prude rather than Anime being remotely too perverted. If you look at Anime in a vacuum with all the other media that is produced in Japan from their live action movies to their live TV shows and even looking at their adult entertainment industry, broadly Anime is pretty tame. I think Western Fans, specifically those who didn't grow up with Anime before the turn of the century, don't realize the main appeal about Anime from a Western perspective that made Anime so appealing to begin with was the fact that a lot of Anime was riddled with sex, ultraviolence, and adult themes (at least a lot of the Anime that was being officially released to the West at the time). Something that was extremely uncommon with Western animation at the time.
ColourWheelNov 20, 2023 3:04 PM
Nov 20, 2023 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
Nope, it's not even a problem to begin with.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Nov 21, 2023 7:19 AM
Jun 2023
Just go ahead and take a stupid break if you ask me and after this, the more you think about the sexual content, the more you’ll forget when you keep thinking about this crap.
We always have hardships.
Jan 24, 5:21 AM
Jul 2022
Is anime too perverted?

"Seems like japanese media in general is more perverted than other countries’ media like western. They even have established genres like ecchi and harem when in western media we don’t use or market those tags. Other media has sex comedies and stuff like that as well, but it’s more of a niche thing; in japanese anime, it’s a major genre. Is anime too perverted?

ADD-ON: A lot of people seem to say that there is actually more sex going on in western media in general. But to me, there seems to be more fetish stuff going on in anime. Panty shots. Boob groping. Hot spring episodes. Fetishized school uniforms and swimsuits. Character designs and personality tropes. The list goes on. I would say that fetish stuff like this are far more perverted than actual censored or behind-the-scenes sex happening in western media."

🤓
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Thongs in anime ( 1 2 )

KaeMan - Dec 22, 2015

71 by otakuwhaletail »»
4 minutes ago

» Underrated movies

JoeChip - 1 hour ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
11 minutes ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

Yuusey - 2 hours ago

13 by Yuusey »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - 3 hours ago

22 by Lucifrost »»
23 minutes ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon? ( 1 2 )

Jackof-allspades - May 26

54 by Utashi_10 »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.