Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 4, 2021 3:28 AM
Oct 2012
If you really want to you can, the protagonist, new characters, villain and plot will still be entertaining enough. But that being said it still does lean on to the JoJo history a bit some reveals and moments will be better if you've seen the other parts.
Its not like the other parts are bad, well I don't think much of part 3 but that is at least decent the others are mostly great with a lot of enjoyment to be had.
Dec 4, 2021 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
you could totally watch any part of JoJo without seeing any other part prior. this stuff doesn't make much sense anyways :D
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Dec 4, 2021 9:41 AM
Aug 2013
The watch order is Jojo's 2012, Stardust crusaders, Stardust crusaders 2nd season, Diamond is unbreakable, Golden wind & then Stone Ocean
~AnimeDownUnder~

Dec 4, 2021 10:26 AM

Oct 2021
skip all parts and just watch joerge joestar fan manga on youtube instead. it's peak jojo anyways
Dec 4, 2021 2:45 PM
Dec 2016
Part 6 sets a conclusion to the whole series up to this point

U could watch 1,2,3,6 imao bc the first three are what makes 6 work, but 4&5 are just better parts than 1-3 so it’d be sad if you wouldn’t watch them. Actually both add to what part 6 is

I admit that you don’t really rely on the previous parts but as I said, it would be a less fun experience.

If you want to skip parts, you could skip 1-6 and start 7 bc that’s not related. Except for when it references elements and except for when it is related lol
GnorkDec 4, 2021 2:49 PM
Dec 4, 2021 3:19 PM
Apr 2020
RobertBobert said:
Should I watch at all the previous JoJos before starting this? At the moment I am at the beginning of the second season of Stardust Crusaders.

Don't listen to the elitists. You absolutely can skip parts if you want. It's like PreCure or Final Fantasy -- they're self-contained, but there are continuity nods between each one. For this particular part, that means it spoils the ending of Part 3 (Stardust Crusaders), the "DIO's World" arc, which is REALLY GOOD and I highly recommend watching it unspoiled. That said, Part 3 is 90% boss-fight-of-the-week, so all you really need to watch to get there is:

• Episodes 1-5: Necessary teambuilding and exposition, so you know who the characters are.
  • Episodes 25-26: The team gets another member.
  • Episodes 34-35, 38-39: Not actually necessary, but these fights are so universally lauded that you should definitely watch it.
  • Episodes 40-41 and 42-44: Lead-in to the DIO's World arc. You might skip 40-41 if you want, since it also has no bearing on the plot, but it's a really good fight. Both of these are optional, technically, but 42-44 is less optional.
  • Episodes 45-48: DIO's World.

I do highly recommend going back and watching every part eventually, but anyone who would blame you for going out of order is not someone you want to be associated with.

That said, as some of the more courteous people in this thread point out, there are valid reasons to treat this part as sort of the "finale" to the entire series to date. Just follow your heart whether to do so or not.
KyubCubeDec 4, 2021 3:23 PM
Dec 4, 2021 11:19 PM
Mar 2021
Yes, watch parts 1-5 before watching Part 6.
Dec 5, 2021 1:32 AM
Jul 2018
TheOneOfSeven said:
Yes. This is a very rhetorical question.

Edit: It's like asking: Shall I skip other Marvel movies and watch Endgame? It's kind of the same thing.

For me, it's important to understand what is going from the start. You are going to miss A LOT if you skip other parts. They are pretty fun and unique in their own ways.
that's not what a rhetorical question is
Dec 5, 2021 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
RobertBobert said:
Should I watch at all the previous JoJos before starting this? At the moment I am at the beginning of the second season of Stardust Crusaders.

you are going to need the context for the previous seasons for this one.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 5, 2021 8:03 AM
Jul 2021
I've watched 96 animes since I started watching
Dec 5, 2021 10:32 AM
Dec 2020
Do you start watching a random arc of One Piece?

No, you don’t. Yes, you need to watch parts 1-5 before watching part 6.
Dec 5, 2021 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
The parts are numbered for a reason 😂 don’t worry Stone Ocean won’t be returning for a few months so you have time to catch up
Dec 5, 2021 4:01 PM

Nov 2014
sewerslider said:
TheOneOfSeven said:
Yes. This is a very rhetorical question.

Edit: It's like asking: Shall I skip other Marvel movies and watch Endgame? It's kind of the same thing.

For me, it's important to understand what is going from the start. You are going to miss A LOT if you skip other parts. They are pretty fun and unique in their own ways.
They asked a very obvious question: "Shall I watch other parts before watching Stone Ocean?" The answer is simple and didn't need to be answered. For me, it is a rhetorical question.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2021 9:44 PM
Apr 2020
TheOneOfSeven said:
sewerslider said:
They asked a very obvious question: "Shall I watch other parts before watching Stone Ocean?" The answer is simple and didn't need to be answered. For me, it is a rhetorical question.

Well, it's not a simple answer that doesn't need to be said. It's not like asking "Should I watch episode 2 before episode 1?" Rather, it's like asking "Should I play all previous Final Fantasy games before downloading the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV which has a fully-featured free trial up to Level 60 including the Heavensward expansion?" And in this case, the answer is a little complicated, because like every other part (except possibly 2, I don't remember) it's self-contained and explains everything you need to know within the part itself, but the thing in Part 3 it spoils is sufficiently good that I'd recommend watching specifically that first.

People who insist on not skipping parts really piss me off. Y'all do know that just because someone starts with Part 6, doesn't mean they're not going to go back and live all your favorite moments from Battle Tendency and Vento Aureo later, right?
Dec 7, 2021 7:32 AM

Sep 2009
_spoon_ said:
no shit.. unlike sbr and jojolion you actually need knowledge of the first few parts to understand whats happening

Actually you would need knowledge of the previous 6 for these as well. Otherwise you won't get the reference for any of the "new" characters. Plus it's still Dio's fault.
Dec 7, 2021 8:13 AM

Jul 2021
komic said:
_spoon_ said:
no shit.. unlike sbr and jojolion you actually need knowledge of the first few parts to understand whats happening

Actually you would need knowledge of the previous 6 for these as well. Otherwise you won't get the reference for any of the "new" characters. Plus it's still Dio's fault.
um ok. references are not that important though. you will still understand the story

Dec 7, 2021 8:15 AM

Feb 2021
Yes, you should. From the start. To understand everything. Otherwise you can't understand many specific things.
Dec 7, 2021 9:15 AM

Jul 2015
YES. No other answer should even be considered as acceptable.

Dec 7, 2021 9:57 AM

Dec 2016
TheOneOfSeven said:

What a coincidence, because several of the MCU movies are totally skippable and do not provide a key point to the plot of Endgame. Movies like The Incredible Hulk, Antman, Ironman 2 & 3, Thor 2 & 3, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and I'm sure there are plenty more that just provide a small bit of info regarding the plot of Endgame.
Dec 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
Kimurah said:
TheOneOfSeven said:

What a coincidence, because several of the MCU movies are totally skippable and do not provide a key point to the plot of Endgame. Movies like The Incredible Hulk, Antman, Ironman 2 & 3, Thor 2 & 3, Captain Marvel, Black Panther and I'm sure there are plenty more that just provide a small bit of info regarding the plot of Endgame.
Well, I think you do get my point, skipping the most important MCU movies (which has key details) will create only confusion when watching Endgame.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2021 10:49 AM

Nov 2017
Yes. This isn't even a question loll.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» the stand name censorship is wack

Rye_the_Guy - 3 hours ago

7 by PoodleBoi_021 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Dec 1, 2021

56 by ahhellno »»
May 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

79 by vankoshtorata »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Dec 1, 2021

114 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 13, 4:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.