Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 2, 2009 6:07 PM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
One word: Lollipop

I found this episode to be funny.
And the relationships between characters gets more and more complicated.
May 3, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2008

:P

This series is actually not bad at all - at the beginning I thought it was just like another harem / ecchi / light anime ... But I am pondering about actually picking up the manga of this as well now :)

Tho I'm liking Misao more than his little brother .. (maybe out of pity?)
AkariChanMay 3, 2009 1:23 PM
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
May 3, 2009 8:27 PM

Jan 2007
oh man, i was looking forward to this episode cause of the lollipop scene but it didn't have any impact like it did in the manga. Disappointed D:
May 3, 2009 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
I think Mamoru is shy around Ayumi because she now has a semi reputation of being able to beat his big brother (thought to be the strongest person in the area) up, as well as having been violently strong at times when he was talking to her. More scared of than shy which makes situations between them especially funny as her actions to try to get him to like her end up just scaring him away even more.
May 3, 2009 9:26 PM
Dec 2008
I have liked all the previous episodes but this one was horrible. Mainly because of the whole incest theme.
May 3, 2009 9:28 PM

Jun 2007
Falatorx said:
I think Mamoru is shy around Ayumi because she now has a semi reputation of being able to beat his big brother (thought to be the strongest person in the area) up, as well as having been violently strong at times when he was talking to her. More scared of than shy which makes situations between them especially funny as her actions to try to get him to like her end up just scaring him away even more.

It's the exact same as what Ayumi felt around his older brother. She thought he was super strong and scary because of rumors so she avoided him even though he likes her a lot and really isn't as strong as everyone thought. Mamoru on the other hand saw her knock him out and assumes she's a gorilla monster for knocking out his super strong brother. In the end he's probably going to release she's not scary at all.
May 3, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2007
Koyoi's brother complex... is pretty scary.
May 3, 2009 10:13 PM

Nov 2007
This has gotten better each week. Moe imouto~
May 3, 2009 11:32 PM

May 2008
Another pretty funny episode~ definitely enjoying this so far.
May 3, 2009 11:39 PM
Apr 2008
Excellent episode this week, yet again. Man, suchs to be Bessho. But I think that he's gonna get Yamamoto in the end, and I'd actually like it if that were to happen.

Note to self: Carry lollipops around at all times because they work wonders.
May 3, 2009 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
9th-eden said:
Another pretty funny episode~ definitely enjoying this so far.

yeah i love this episode, it's very funny :)
May 4, 2009 12:22 AM
Oct 2007
Poor Bessho. But it's okay because I want Misaki x Yuuji. Bessho has Koyoi. =]
I laughed so much this episode and felt it ended way too fast, lol.

I say it every week, but I'm gonna say it again. JC Staff is doing a great job at this adaptation. And I really like the soft whitish fade out effect they're using. Gives off a warm fuzzy feeling.

Meguru is up next. I wonder if they'll also show some of Chikura's story since Sogabe was in the preview too. =3
May 4, 2009 1:04 AM
Mar 2008
I thought this episode would be all annoying at first, but it turned out pretty funny.
May 4, 2009 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was awesome!!! haven't seen an anime that has made me laugh this much for quite awhile now. Original comedy ideas which are all extremely amusing. But what i like about this series so much is that it's not just the kind of comedy series i have been waiting for, it also has a bunch of great interesting characters and tons of different romance stories. I just love the way they all crossover with all these different characters. Definitely one of my favorites this season!

I thought this episode would just be plain creepy with the incest (well it was) but with all the great humor from it we got this other romance story with Misaki :) gotta love her, back to my point was great to see her fall for Ayumi's brother after the lollipop trick. It's strange to think how some of these romances are going to end up though, cause some people really are going to lose aint they?
May 4, 2009 5:45 AM

Apr 2008
didnt know lolipop can help to get someone to like u xD LOL

May 4, 2009 6:06 AM

Aug 2007
Haha, Yuuji still thinks it's Zaitsu that Ayumi is in love with... Bessho laying on the ground as a turtle was funny as well.

@slayer545: first fanservice? Not really, there have been other pantsu shots in the previous episodes as well. Or perhaps you're more aiming for moe. Anyhow... Still a funny episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
May 4, 2009 6:29 AM

Mar 2008
velcom said:
This episode was awesome!!! haven't seen an anime that has made me laugh this much for quite awhile now. Original comedy ideas which are all extremely amusing. But what i like about this series so much is that it's not just the kind of comedy series i have been waiting for, it also has a bunch of great interesting characters and tons of different romance stories.

Agreed. I didn't laugh that much since Skip Beat! This was easily the best episode so far.
No complaints. The shown subtle cuteness is (imo) more enjoyable than the blatant cuteness in K-ON (though I like K-ON, besides all that hype).
Good to see another romance anime with many potential pairings like Kimi Kiss. The more the merrier.

Ah, one last thing: Yamamoto + lollipop is a strange combination. That somehow damaged my image of her, though I still think she is the most interesting character along with Koyoi so far.
May 4, 2009 7:02 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, these relationships between characters are getting more complicated O.o

Lollipops :P

May 4, 2009 7:04 AM

Oct 2008
Loved Koyoi's reaction to seeing Misaki. Koyoi really can't compete with her. I do agree with a previous post saying that the scene where Arihara put his lollipop in Misaki's mouth (innuendo intended) was not as effective as in the manga. Overall though, I enjoyed the episode for Koyoi's cuteness with her brother and also because Misaki was in it. That's really all an episode needs to bump up it's rating.
May 4, 2009 7:08 AM
Mar 2009
4 words..."Misaki in casual cloths"

OMFG... the end

p.s. i wish i was a lolipop...
May 4, 2009 7:09 AM

May 2008
ok now the relationship is really complicated with the addition of Koyoi's brother and the relationship between Yamamoto and Arihara

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 4, 2009 7:30 AM
May 4, 2009 7:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lmao. Crazy relationships. xD

Needs more Doba-chan though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 4, 2009 7:43 AM
Jan 2009
That episode was awesome and hilarous. Koyoi is so cuuute ;u; but i feel bad for her,it must suck having a brother/sister complex. D: I don't get why everyone likes Misaki so much >.> to me she's very boring.

lol lolipop
May 4, 2009 7:48 AM
Mar 2009
thyuchan said:
That episode was awesome and hilarous. Koyoi is so cuuute ;u; but i feel bad for her,it must suck having a brother/sister complex. D: I don't get why everyone likes Misaki so much >.> to me she's very boring.

lol lolipop

OMG come on ... misaki is the women to die for. The only problem i can see is how tall she is as i am 1,90 meters and if she is 1.60 or something it will be bad lol... other than that she is perfect just perfect.

the only thing that i dont like about this anime is that they are mixing up all the relationships... it seems like in the end noone will end up with anyone. I will really hate this anime if it ends with everyone going their way and just say we had fun on our school days. Yes the road is nice but the end of it is what makes it all worth while.
May 4, 2009 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
glad to see they played down the brother complex thing, lol at the lolipops
May 4, 2009 8:49 AM

Oct 2007
Where can I buy some of those magical Lollipops?

Oh one last thing,
"Dad, it is ok if you never comeback at all. Just send the money and everything will be fine."

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
May 4, 2009 10:19 AM

May 2007
SAAAABISU!

Somebody had to do it. Anyway, yet another fun episode, bro-con ftw! I get a vibe that the original creator is a man in my mindset. If only real women could be satisfied with a lolipop...

Expect a relationship chart soon. It'll be complicated to pull off.
May 4, 2009 1:14 PM

Dec 2007
This series is a lot more enjoyable than I expected it to be. The relationships are...interesting and the comedy is pretty hilarious.
yakisobapanMay 4, 2009 2:54 PM
May 4, 2009 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
As mentioned by the other posters here, the relationship is getting too complicated. This series has too many characters involved. Anyway, I like this kind of pacing. It has its own funny moments for each episode. In fact, I'm really enjoying this as compared to the other series that I picked this season.

Some of you guys might find this episode disturbing because of the incest relationship. However, I find the lollipop scene much more disturbing.

May 4, 2009 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
yatsushiro said:
Some of you guys might find this episode disturbing because of the incest relationship. However, I find the lollipop scene much more disturbing.

Hah! I agree. Especially that little plopping noise. Or did I imagine that? (I dearly hope not.)

The incest thing wasn't really disturbing because so overdone, but it wasn't funny or cute either. It seemed like a slightly lame attempt at scoring some fetish points, or something. The sillyish music accompanying those scenes only added to the overall stale taste this episode left. I do hope the brother complex won't feature too largely in the coming episodes, I think one episode of watching that inane girl molesting her brother is more than enough. Compared to the previous episodes, this one was pretty bad. Hope the series picks up speed and freshness again, I enjoyed it pretty much up until now.
May 4, 2009 2:53 PM
May 2008
Another good episode... which is surprising since when I first decided to watch this series I thought it would be overly generic. However this episode was probably one of the worst since it was predictable throughout... but how can you not like Yamamoto, so cute.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 4, 2009 4:46 PM

Oct 2007
the whole bro-con, sis-con was so over the top, it was hilarious. and i love koyoi's voice (yui!)

lol @ lollipop love! man, for a second, i was thinking maybe yamamoto actually liked besshou for some strange reason.

someone's gotta put together a diagram, there's like 10 one-way love connections so far, it's hard to keep straight.
May 4, 2009 6:27 PM

Feb 2009
Wasabi said:

yeah...Its scary TwT I didn't really like this episode that much, the only parts I liked were parts without Koyoi
May 4, 2009 7:46 PM

Jan 2009
This show has so many TRIANGLES!!! I feel like i'm in geometry. But fuck this is one hilarious show. I like it and it reminds me of my favorite school rumble.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
May 4, 2009 7:47 PM

Jan 2009
EuphoricField said:
Wasabi said:

yeah...Its scary TwT I didn't really like this episode that much, the only parts I liked were parts without Koyoi
Dude you gotta learn to love the brother sister complex. I would never get into anything like that but its just hilarious. And not just hilarious its used in many other cases to spice up a show like in Shakugan no Shana with the blonde Guze no Tomogaras
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
May 4, 2009 7:55 PM

Aug 2008
Siscon? Checked
Brocon? Checked
Drugged lollipops? Checked
...Hmmm?

btw:
May 4, 2009 8:03 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, when I was watching Yamamoto telling Bessho that she likes arihara, I just laughed so hard! I really thought when he put the lolipop in her mouth, she would beat the crap out of him, but this is just too good xD

Haven't read the manga, so I'm curious as to see how it actually happens there, if it does, anyway.
May 4, 2009 8:21 PM

Aug 2008
Man what a lovefest for a truly awful episode. Actually this whole series is turning out to be completely awful. People keep talking about all of the "relationships" - what relationships? Everything's freaking one-sided! There hasn't been one single person yet who seems to have a shot at who they like! There's like a couple dozen characters, too! How are they going to pull this off in 13 episodes??? It's rediculous. There's going to be shortcuts, unresolved plot-lines and dues ex machina. I guarantee it. Ugh! And how do you fall in love just because someone you don't know put a lollipop in your mouth? I don't care if it was fanservice - what a retard!

Compared to its great sister anime, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, this anime is headed for failure-ville. Kimikiss had fewer characters which meant more development, some of the characters who fell is love actually achieved what they desired, and there were 26 episodes. I can already tell this anime will fail.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 4, 2009 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Man what a lovefest for a truly awful episode. Actually this whole series is turning out to be completely awful. People keep talking about all of the "relationships" - what relationships? Everything's freaking one-sided! There hasn't been one single person yet who seems to have a shot at who they like! There's like a couple dozen characters, too! How are they going to pull this off in 13 episodes??? It's rediculous. There's going to be shortcuts, unresolved plot-lines and dues ex machina. I guarantee it. Ugh! And how do you fall in love just because someone you don't know put a lollipop in your mouth? I don't care if it was fanservice - what a retard!

Compared to its great sister anime, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, this anime is headed for failure-ville. Kimikiss had fewer characters which meant more development, some of the characters who fell is love actually achieved what they desired, and there were 26 episodes. I can already tell this anime will fail.

I can't change your opinion but i personally gotta say my thought's on about how you think the one sided love is bad. I know this series is mainly comedy but i feel like it may possibly get emotional later on from all these cross overs and such. And one sided love actually adds realism to this, people don't always perfectly fall in love you know? I'm a teenager and it's not like the girls i like end up liking me back and we end up happy together. I'm actually glad to see something than can escape the clique of everything being perfect and happy (well it could always end up that way but for the start it's actually capturing something I and i'm sure other's can relate too). Just felt like saying my thoughts on this :)
May 4, 2009 10:10 PM

May 2008
velcom said:

I can't change your opinion but i personally gotta say my thought's on about how you think the one sided love is bad. I know this series is mainly comedy but i feel like it may possibly get emotional later on from all these cross overs and such. And one sided love actually adds realism to this, people don't always perfectly fall in love you know? I'm a teenager and it's not like the girls i like end up liking me back and we end up happy together. I'm actually glad to see something than can escape the clique of everything being perfect and happy (well it could always end up that way but for the start it's actually capturing something I and i'm sure other's can relate too). Just felt like saying my thoughts on this :)

I can relate, though I'm on my last year as a teen I can still remember moments like these in my life, that fluffy feeling when you fall in love and the fluffier feeling when the one you like likes you too. But that doesn't really happen often.

This show is a notch higher than most Harem/Ecchi/Romance anime since it could happen in real life and most people can relate to the situations here, unlike typical Harems.

Anyway, I really hate incest and everything related to it, but I was able to stomach the whole episode and actually quite enjoyed it, so that must mean something.
May 5, 2009 12:17 AM

Dec 2007
It is getting interesting and more interesting because there’s many relationships now as I expected. Misaki + lollipop + casual clothes = INSTANT HOT! I would give her a lollipop if you know what I mean. Oh, Koyoi and Ayumi are so cute!
May 5, 2009 12:19 AM

Apr 2007
gameoffreak8 said:
I would give her a lollipop if you know what I mean.

wahahah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2009 12:27 AM

Dec 2008
Errr I'm fine with sibling complexes, but I just knew (and had a glimpse of, since I skimmed through the manga XD) that Koyoi's story is a little too extreme for my liking. So I was expecting myself to get really annoyed at her as I watched the episode. And I was annoyed, even a little creeped out at some points. But I think near the last half of the episode I finally warmed up to her and accepted the way she is XD.

I absolutely love Yuuji in this episode, from his sister complex (now THAT is a nice version of a sibling complex) was just awesome. The lollipop was just totally random. And what's even more random is how Misaki fell in love from just a lollipop. I mean, I'm a girl and I love lollipops...but I don't think I'll fall in love with someone because of a lollipop. Nonetheless I really like Misaki a lot, so I'm glad we get to see her again :P

And poor Koyoi's brother (dunno how to spell his first name, too long XD) I kinda like this guy, I want to see more of him.

Overall, I think it's interesting how I already know at face-value the relationships between all of the character because of this from this one page from the manga: http://www.onemanga.com/Hatsukoi_Limited/11/01/ (warning: MAJOR MANGA SPOILER OF ALL THE RELATIONSHIPS IN THIS SERIES)

So I think it's pretty cool how I come into watching this anime knowing who's going to be with each other, but not knowing the story behing each relationship...except KurudaxKei XD

velcom said:
mcjazzman32 said:

I completely agree. Real life doesn't always go the way you wanted...especially in the love department. When it concerns first love (hatsukoi), usually they don't turn out well. So despite the random fanservice and ecchi-ness, I think the series does a good job at creating a believable slice-of-life feel :)..
robbydesuMay 5, 2009 12:31 AM
May 5, 2009 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Misaki was great, falling for that dope Arihara. Maybe a little bit too much brother-complex, but it was damn funny.
May 5, 2009 3:46 AM

Apr 2009
Yay for love dodecahedrons!
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
May 5, 2009 6:28 AM

Jul 2008
oniii chan what a great episode. it hurts definetly when the one you love said that she like your friend>< what a terrible feeling.

May 5, 2009 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
mcjazzman32 said:

quiet you fool. Kimi kiss and hatsukoi are two totally separate animes. Hatsukoi has alot more comedy and service and is not as serious as kiss. So leave your biased comments I'm the toilet. And with flaming over goodbye
May 5, 2009 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
thecandyman328 said:
I'm the toilet.

hehe.

Look, I wasn't saying I don't enjoy the comedy nor do I disapprove of one-sided, unrequited love plotlines, but there is TOO MUCH here for 13 episodes and so, just like in the lollipop case, things aren't going to make sense because instead of having her fall for him normally, it's going to be something quick and senseless.

This should have been 26 episodes or characters should have been eliminated. This is what's known as a glut.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 5, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
These episodes are hilarious. No matter your stance on "what love is good and bad", forget all that cause it is a light-hearted comedy dealing with fictional relationships lol. This show uses situational comedy like no other this season and has me cracking up almost as much as FMP Fumoffu (but of course no where near as epic as Fumoffu).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Annisa - Jun 27, 2009

148 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Jun 20, 2009

57 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 13, 2009

74 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 11:31 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 5, 2009

109 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

othic - May 23, 2009

65 by bakakisima »»
Apr 22, 9:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.