Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 19, 2009 6:53 PM

Nov 2008
It would be nice if MAL had an option of being able to label your anime with numbers instead of high, medium, and low, priorities on the plan to watch category.
Anime__________Priority
Aria the animation . . #1
Mai-hime . . . . . . . . .#2
and so on, so that you remember which anime you wanted to watch first. Or they can make it so that you can alphabetically sort the tags and just tag the anime with the number.
Thanks.
Jan 19, 2009 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
I'm much in favor for this. Nice suggestion.
Currently I'm ranking my Plan to Watch animes with the low-medium-high, and when starting picking a new anime I wish to start I pretty much chose a random one from the high-priority group. Still I'd love to be able to numerize my entries on Plan to Watch to set up a schedual without having to make it a custom display on my profile. At least just from my next 5 entries...
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Jan 20, 2009 12:03 AM

Sep 2008
Agreed, just numerizin "top five" would be great, I really think that a lot of people would be happy to be able to both set their plans and to watch other peoples plans.
Jan 22, 2009 12:48 PM

Feb 2008
i mostly watch things as soon as they become available if they're not a low priority, so this wouldn't really be helpful for me.

personally I would prefer it if Xinil spent his time fixing the notification feature or creating more useful features instead. that said, if it could be done quickly without too much effort on Xinil's part then I have no real objection.
Jan 23, 2009 3:45 PM
Sep 2006
I wish, I pray, I will give my soul for this to happen. This is only because I have around 600 animes on my PTW, and figuring out which one I really wanted to watch next can sometimes be daunting.
Jan 23, 2009 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
Kanashimi said:
I wish, I pray, I will give my soul for this to happen. This is only because I have around 600 animes on my PTW, and figuring out which one I really wanted to watch next can sometimes be daunting.
I, on the other hand, keep a text file on my HD with all the series I want to look into, only those I'm likely to watch to completion (ie top pick of PTW) get added to my MAL list.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Jan 24, 2009 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
If your like me and you put a Anime on your plan to watch its almost like a graveyard for some series... I won't get to them unless I know which ones I really wanted to plan to watch xD So yeah I support this 100% ^-^
Mai Waifu~ Louise

I love her with all of my heart and soul~ <3
Jan 27, 2009 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
Not only would it be nice to set priority by numbers, but please make it easier to.
the way it is now you have to click edit, scroll down to priority, click priority, choose one and close the window... I suggest you change/set the priority the same way you set the score, by just clicking the score and typing a number.

sorry for my bad engrish. : 3
Jan 27, 2009 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
@lillmarcus; YES, that would be a great to have. Thanks for all the Support! :D
Jan 27, 2009 2:30 PM

Nov 2006
throwing in my support for this as well. my ptw also becomes a graveyard of sorts. can't remember what i've got in there; ordering by numbers would be much more efficient.
Jan 27, 2009 5:09 PM

Aug 2007
I feel my PTW has some stuff I'm probably never going to watch, but having priority might give one incentive to start.

So yeah, great suggestion.
Jan 27, 2009 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
Oh god. Yes please.

Aside from the reasons already posted, I sometimes keep overlooking a series I actually want to watch when skimming my PTW even though mine is not as large scaled as some others.
Jan 29, 2009 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
Sorry if i go a little off-topic but i think this is somewhat similiar.

those of you who have a gmail account know that you can mark mails with stars...
it would be nice if you could mark animes and mangas like that, when I'm looking for mangas to read when at work I would love to mark those I find interesting with a star instead of having to put them as planning to read, cause I'm not planning to read them, just planning to check em out later...

sorry for the small "WOT"... ;)
Jan 29, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
@lillmarcus; it depends on how many you plan to check. I have many anime bookmarked on firefox in their own "check these later" folder. I only keep 20 in their at a time. Check them out, and then delete. Now if you have over a hundred... you just shouldn't have over 100 XD
Jan 29, 2009 11:56 PM

Jan 2009
@aoikishu; firefox eh? even though I have firefox and use it all the time I'v never heard of any "check these later" folder? thanks for the tip! :)

oh, and btw... back on topic! we really need to be able to prioritize our anime/manga better. and adding numbers shouldn't be THAT big of a reprogramming now, should it?
Feb 5, 2009 7:50 AM

Nov 2008
I'm throwing all the ideas together so it's easier to read:

aoikishu said:
It would be nice if MAL had an option of being able to label your anime with numbers instead of high, medium, and low, priorities on the plan to watch category.
Anime__________Priority
Aria the animation . . #1
Mai-hime . . . . . . . . .#2
and so on, so that you remember which anime you wanted to watch first. Or they can make it so that you can alphabetically sort the tags and just tag the anime with the number.
Thanks.
Galantas said:
Agreed, just numerizin "top five" would be great, I really think that a lot of people would be happy to be able to both set their plans and to watch other peoples plans.
lillmarcus said:
Not only would it be nice to set priority by numbers, but please make it easier to.
the way it is now you have to click edit, scroll down to priority, click priority, choose one and close the window... I suggest you change/set the priority the same way you set the score, by just clicking the score and typing a number.

Again thanks for all the support ^^
Feb 5, 2009 8:39 AM

Feb 2008
lillmarcus said:
This I support. I don't really mind the low, medium, high priority grouping but I would like to be able to organize them a lot faster.
Feb 5, 2009 8:57 AM

Sep 2007
windy said:
throwing in my support for this as well. my ptw also becomes a graveyard of sorts. can't remember what i've got in there; ordering by numbers would be much more efficient.
Karura said:
I feel my PTW has some stuff I'm probably never going to watch, but having priority might give one incentive to start.

So yeah, great suggestion.

This is partly my reason for wanting this to happen.

Right now I place some series in watching to help sort it through but it doesn't feel quite right.
Feb 7, 2009 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
Sort of different suggestion but goes with the priority suggestion. It would be really nice to be able to sort alphabetically by tags. I started thinking this when I was setting up the top 25 list for the How to watch anime club account. You can set your priority # as a tag and sort it that way. What do you guys think?
Feb 8, 2009 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
aoikishu said:
Sort of different suggestion but goes with the priority suggestion. It would be really nice to be able to sort alphabetically by tags. I started thinking this when I was setting up the top 25 list for the How to watch anime club account. You can set your priority # as a tag and sort it that way. What do you guys think?

If that's easier to implement then that would be fine by me. A full out, sortable and numberized priority column would be best ofcourse, but sorting by tags is better than nothing.
Feb 8, 2009 9:14 PM
Sep 2006
When I picture this system I'm reminded of GameFly or Netflix. Both of which you can drag the things in your list to automatically change ranking. While that's a bit heavy, it might be even worth while to easily change ranks like you can on a YouTube playlist.

It's a popular thing, and lately I've been considering putting my 596 plant to watch entries in a notepad file and sorting out. It's a bit nuts keeping track... x_X
Feb 8, 2009 9:15 PM

Oct 2007
definitely do it, in fact, why hasn't it been done yet?
Feb 9, 2009 10:29 PM

May 2008
I prefer a low/med/high priority than a numerical ranking system tbh.
Feb 16, 2009 8:23 PM

Jan 2008
Permidian said:
I prefer a low/med/high priority than a numerical ranking system tbh.

Is it possible to have both? I'd like to numerically order my various prioritied anime, if that makes sense.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 16, 2009 8:50 PM

Nov 2008
Cihan said:
Is it possible to have both? I'd like to numerically order my various prioritied anime, if that makes sense.

You mean like "High1, High2, Medium1, low1, low2.."?
Mar 8, 2009 8:17 PM

Nov 2008
hm... seems some posts got deleted.

Chihan said:
aoikishu said:
Cihan said:

You mean like "High1, High2, Medium1, low1, low2.."?
ya, that's what I meant, lol

Or something like that ^

Ya I like that idea as well Chihan
Mar 11, 2009 2:36 AM

Feb 2009
I would support this as well, my PTW list is getting a bit too big. =( I would agree that it'd be very useful if we could set priority when adding the anime, and not have to go into edit to do so. Also, the ability to drag anime around (like favourites) to set priority on our PTW list would be very useful as well.
May 6, 2009 9:12 PM

Nov 2008
I'm throwing all the ideas together so it's easier to read... again:

I agree, dragging the anime would be a lot easier.
Jan 17, 2017 3:38 AM
Jan 2017
That would be really awesome as 3 priorities are simply not enough to prioritize a list with hundreds of titles.

More topics from this board

» Private Interest Stacks

GoodbyeNosta1gia - 7 hours ago

0 by GoodbyeNosta1gia »»
7 hours ago

» Tbr List Suggestion

quartz_goblin - 11 hours ago

0 by quartz_goblin »»
11 hours ago

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

14 by FruitPunchBaka »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

» is it possible to add a like/heart feature for those who prefer not to rate things?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

0 by FruitPunchBaka »»
Yesterday, 5:33 AM

» Cap the maximum YT embeds / Don't preload YouTube embeds in spoiler blocks

Daviljoe193 - May 21

5 by xLoop »»
May 22, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.