Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 10, 2023 9:00 AM
Feb 2023
Just like any other anime, Re:Zero has people who only saw the anime and people who follow the story on LN, since 2016 there's this useless fight between Emilia x Rem, but I believe it only exists for those who only saw the anime, I don't believe it that someone who is a fan of the story and follows LN has love for one and hate or contempt for the other, it is not possible to be a fan of Re:Zero and not understand the equal importance of Emilia and Rem to the story, this is my opinion about this fight nonsense that I don't believe still exists here in season 3 after 7 years
castle2001Aug 10, 2023 12:37 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 10, 2023 9:13 AM
Nov 2022
offjv said:
Just like any other anime, Re:Zero has people who have only seen the anime and people who are really fans of the story and follow the story on LN, since 2016 there has been this useless fight between Emilia x Rem, but I believe it only exists for those who only saw the anime and is not a big fan of Re:Zero, I don't believe that someone who is a fan of the story and follows LN has love for one and hate or contempt for the other, it's not possible to be a true fan of Re:Zero and not understand the equal importance of Emilia and Rem to the story, this is my take on this meaningless fight that I don't believe still exists here in season 3, after 7 years

I think you’re just coping on the fandom in general. It’s not really a anime thing.
Aug 10, 2023 9:15 AM

Jun 2023
I don't understand a single word but did someone mention yuri :0

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Aug 10, 2023 9:17 AM
Feb 2023
offjv said:
Just like any other anime, Re:Zero has people who have only seen the anime and people who are really fans of the story and follow the story on LN, since 2016 there has been this useless fight between Emilia x Rem, but I believe it only exists for those who only saw the anime and is not a big fan of Re:Zero, I don't believe that someone who is a fan of the story and follows LN has love for one and hate or contempt for the other, it's not possible to be a true fan of Re:Zero and not understand the equal importance of Emilia and Rem to the story, this is my take on this meaningless fight that I don't believe still exists here in season 3, after 7 years

I think implying that people who have only watched the anime aren't real fans isn't a good look and treads into "no true scotsman" territory. to the argument on which girl is better, I think that's just a symptom of the culture as a whole. People have their wifus, and they are willing to fight for them, lol. I think it's a bit silly, and most of the time, it's all done for fun and not taken seriously. it's just something that has been a part of the Fandom since the beginning, whether that be anime, manga, LN, or VN.
Aug 10, 2023 9:17 AM
Jan 2021
Gatekeeping at its finest. “True” fans don’t gatekeep the content by being a LN reader or being with it since the content’s conception. Regardless of the “waifu vs. waifu” debate, it’s harmless and it just has something for the fandom to talk about. Idk why it’s that big of a deal.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Aug 10, 2023 9:23 AM

Jun 2021
iLuvCoffee1 said:

sorry for disappointment...
but it's not emilia x rem rather the title should be emilia vs rem...
Aug 10, 2023 9:33 AM
Nov 2020
offjv said:

Ye the fight is stupid.
However, the idiots who read LN are just as dense among their respective population. They appear less because a lot of idiots come from the anime population. And I've noticed most people who breach rem vs emilia don't even mean it. All in all it's not that big of a deal.
Aug 10, 2023 9:33 AM
Oct 2020
I care for neither, ram is the best girl
Aug 10, 2023 10:06 AM
Jan 2023
CrunchyCrobat said:

You misspelled Echidna
Aug 10, 2023 10:36 AM
Feb 2021
TokeiSenpai said:
CrunchyCrobat said:

You misspelled Echidna
somehow, both of you spelled Patrasche incorrectly
Aug 10, 2023 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
Nah LN readers will generally prefer Emilia.
Aug 10, 2023 10:51 AM
Aug 2021
As a WN/LN reader I have to say I appreciate both characters far more than I did just watching due to future events, and I agree that there is no point in the argument as both are exceptionally important characters whom Subaru cherishes
Aug 10, 2023 10:59 AM

Jul 2021
teeuzumaki said:
TokeiSenpai said:
You misspelled Satella
somehow, both of you spelled Satella incorrectly
I don't know what's wrong, but I fixed it for you guys. Gotta pay attention
IhnalakoKainaAug 10, 2023 11:04 AM
Aug 10, 2023 2:02 PM
Feb 2021
IhnalakoKaina said:
teeuzumaki said:
somehow, both of you spelled patrasche incorrectly
I don't know what's wrong, but I fixed it for you guys. Gotta pay attention
i know you just came out of the chamber from receiving the super soldier serum and everything but come on man. your head shouldn’t be that messed up. i’ll fix it for everyone
Aug 10, 2023 2:03 PM

Jun 2023
Aayu47 said:
iLuvCoffee1 said:

sorry for disappointment...
but it's not emilia x rem rather the title should be emilia vs rem...

man this is why we can't have nice things

"To the boy who once sought freedom, goodbye." 🕊️
Aug 11, 2023 1:57 AM

Jan 2018
Almost every anime that has more than 2 waifus has this problem and it’s stupid in all of them.
Aug 11, 2023 4:06 AM

Dec 2021
Re:Garbage is just another Harem Isekai 

Season 3 will be a mindless Battle Shounen
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Aug 11, 2023 7:03 AM
Feb 2023
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Score 3.0 sorry for you, a failure in life who thinks he's someone important on myanimelist, must be a 35 year old unemployed man who spends his time badmouthing fictional characters, what a sad life
Aug 11, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2021
offjv said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Score 3.0 sorry for you, a failure in life who thinks he's someone important on myanimelist, must be a 35 year old unemployed man who spends his time badmouthing fictional characters, what a sad life
I'm self employed not unemployed
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Aug 11, 2023 10:38 AM
Aug 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
offjv said:

let me guess you work from home on your computer. doing nothing except going online and making arguments with people. also re:zero isn't even close to being a harem. maybe watch it and you'll actually realize the sad story that it is.
Aug 11, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2022
I'm split in between Rem and Emilia. I feel like it was just that Emilia only like Subaru after he did every thing to show how much he cares for her. while Rem is just amazing and is kinda perfect.
Aug 11, 2023 10:41 AM
Aug 2022
teeuzumaki said:
TokeiSenpai said:

You misspelled Echidna
somehow, both of you spelled Patrasche incorrectly

you misspelled Rem
Aug 11, 2023 10:49 AM

Dec 2021
cooldude267 said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

let me guess you work from home on your computer. doing nothing except going online and making arguments with people. also re:zero isn't even close to being a harem. maybe watch it and you'll actually realize the sad story that it is.
Imagine displaying FMAB in your favorites in this site and expecting others to take you seriously
Aug 11, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
cooldude267 said:

Imagine displaying FMAB in your favorites in this site and expecting others to take you seriously

Bro really, I dont even update my favorites. why do you think I have like two animes there. also it's called an opinion.
Aug 11, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
cooldude267 said:

Also you can't talk all your favorites are old animes.
Aug 11, 2023 11:04 AM

Dec 2021
cooldude267 said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

My opinion has more worth as my favorites are underrated unlike Overrated Mid shit like FMAB and garbage like Re:ZERO
Aug 11, 2023 11:13 AM
Aug 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
cooldude267 said:

My opinion has more worth as my favorites are underrated unlike Overrated Mid shit like FMAB and garbage like Re:ZERO

your opinion has no worth if you don't respect others opinions. youve lost this argument just give up and go start another argument at a different discussion post.
Aug 11, 2023 11:16 AM
Aug 2022
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
cooldude267 said:

nvm whatever ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
cooldude267Aug 11, 2023 11:23 AM
Aug 11, 2023 11:32 AM

Aug 2020
Your not wrong. Both are bad waifus and bad characters.
Keep scrolling
Aug 11, 2023 3:54 PM
Feb 2023
RobertsahDHDA said:
Your not wrong. Both are bad waifus and bad characters.

No one takes seriously the opinion of someone who gives 10 to Mushoku Tensei
Aug 11, 2023 6:28 PM

Sep 2020
It is stupid because Ram is better than both of them!

𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊. - 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Aug 12, 2023 4:36 AM

Jan 2019
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Re:Zero can't be harem series, MC never even had 2+ active romantic interests at the same time. (harem also requires 3+)
Debunked.

Re:Zero is seinen dark fantasy, S3 adapts both Arc 5 + Arc 6, Arc 5 they try to sell as mindless shounen is neither shounen or mindless. (also arc 5 is only 33% of the S3)
Debunked.

If you want to keep embarrassing yourself, go on.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Aug 20, 2023 8:04 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The point of the OP is that there would be a lot less debate towards this, if more of these people debating had read the source material, and I will agree since reading it myself gave me a better insight on how much important Rem is to Subaru, aside Emilia, made me appreciate Rem's importance more too, though I still prefer Emilia by far.

JeXxTaR said:
Faxtual_Ghoul said:

Ok and? Why are you still watching/reading it?

Don't you have anything better to do?

I m still finishing Arc 5 myself with the LNs, and I do wish it had less battles and more psychological stuff, albeit it does have it pros and for the most part the action will make it a more enjoyable arc to see than it was to read for.
Aug 21, 2023 2:57 PM

Jan 2019
Playcool said:
I m still finishing Arc 5 myself with the LNs, and I do wish it had less battles and more psychological stuff, albeit it does have it pros and for the most part the action will make it a more enjoyable arc to see than it was to read for.
Arc 4 and Arc 6 (upcoming arc) is very psychology heavy.

So Arc 5 is a break (psychlogical) between them focuses on Arc 3 characters and their storyline with more action.
Aug 23, 2023 5:23 PM

Mar 2021
it is pretty obvious that Tappei prefers Emilia and will exclude rem until the anime runs out of resources to adapt anything more so Emilia wins
Aug 23, 2023 5:28 PM

Feb 2023
I've never really cared about these so-called waifu wars. My favorite is Emilia, but I like Rem too.
Sep 17, 2023 4:25 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to icefirestone23
it is pretty obvious that Tappei prefers Emilia and will exclude rem until the anime runs out of resources to adapt anything more so Emilia wins
@icefirestone23 She woke up in LN a long time ago and received her new arc. But yeah, Rem's coma was a very blatant infamous attempt to influence audience preferences, not to mention removing some of the Subaru x Rem moments during the start of publishing the full LN. Although he always openly admitted that the development of the plot was always driven by his desire to influence the audience's reaction. But what irritates me most is not so much this, but the absolute toxicity of many Emilia stans. Starting from literally cyberbullying any fan content with Rem to constant unnatural boasting about Emilia with or without reason, as if they are going to cause a psychological attack. I wouldn't even be surprised if Emilia's recent sharp rise in the character rankings was a deliberately planned flash mob. Especially since it slowed down dramatically after going around Rem. This is absolutely crazy shit considering Tappei gave up a long time ago and made both girls his canon love interests.
Sep 18, 2023 3:56 AM

May 2020
Reply to RobertBobert
@icefirestone23 She woke up in LN a long time ago and received her new arc. But yeah, Rem's coma was a very blatant infamous attempt to influence audience preferences, not to mention removing some of the Subaru x Rem moments during the start of publishing the full LN. Although he always openly admitted that the development of the plot was always driven by his desire to influence the audience's reaction. But what irritates me most is not so much this, but the absolute toxicity of many Emilia stans. Starting from literally cyberbullying any fan content with Rem to constant unnatural boasting about Emilia with or without reason, as if they are going to cause a psychological attack. I wouldn't even be surprised if Emilia's recent sharp rise in the character rankings was a deliberately planned flash mob. Especially since it slowed down dramatically after going around Rem. This is absolutely crazy shit considering Tappei gave up a long time ago and made both girls his canon love interests.
@RobertBobert I mean, Rem's coma in the Web Novel predates even the first light novel volume by more than half a year, so I really doubt peoples' claims of it being just something to influence the audience's perception of Emilia really holds up. It's more likely that it was already something planned for the plot even far before the whole Emilia Vs. Rem stuff.
Sep 18, 2023 4:02 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Gilgameshuu
@RobertBobert I mean, Rem's coma in the Web Novel predates even the first light novel volume by more than half a year, so I really doubt peoples' claims of it being just something to influence the audience's perception of Emilia really holds up. It's more likely that it was already something planned for the plot even far before the whole Emilia Vs. Rem stuff.
@Gilgameshuu If you forget that Rem vs Emilia shit was back in the web novel, then yes. If not, then your argument doesn't work, sorry. And yes, as I said above and which you successfully ignored, he literally rewrote Rem x Subaru moments while writing the LN version, either deleting them or giving the scenes to Emilia. The famous if with the Rem and Subaru family in an attempt to appease the Rem team was written as fan service during the original web novel, and not as a bonus to the LN.
Sep 18, 2023 7:21 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to RobertBobert
@Gilgameshuu If you forget that Rem vs Emilia shit was back in the web novel, then yes. If not, then your argument doesn't work, sorry. And yes, as I said above and which you successfully ignored, he literally rewrote Rem x Subaru moments while writing the LN version, either deleting them or giving the scenes to Emilia. The famous if with the Rem and Subaru family in an attempt to appease the Rem team was written as fan service during the original web novel, and not as a bonus to the LN.
@RobertBobert Arc 2 wasn't initially planned in the storyline so every argument includes Rem is debunked.

She is not an important character, even Tappei doesn't know what do to with her in future.

Entire story and events build around Subaru and Emilia. There is no role for Rem, she is important as any random side character.
Sep 18, 2023 7:24 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Okeanix
@RobertBobert Arc 2 wasn't initially planned in the storyline so every argument includes Rem is debunked.

She is not an important character, even Tappei doesn't know what do to with her in future.

Entire story and events build around Subaru and Emilia. There is no role for Rem, she is important as any random side character.
@Okeanix Arguments need to be argued, and not just thrown in, expecting that the opponent will accept them as dogma. Sorry. Tappei openly admitted that he develops the plot in order to provoke a reaction from the audience, and he quite openly rewrote many of Rem's scenes when the official LN began to come out. Whether arc 2 was planned or not doesn't change anything at all.
Sep 19, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert does tappei have a winner in mind. Negi from quintuplets did "I bet you didn't see that coming". Tachibana (DAL), Kalahari (sao) , wataru (oregairu) at least had a clear choice even if some of the others were more popular
Sep 20, 2023 12:13 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to icefirestone23
@RobertBobert does tappei have a winner in mind. Negi from quintuplets did "I bet you didn't see that coming". Tachibana (DAL), Kalahari (sao) , wataru (oregairu) at least had a clear choice even if some of the others were more popular
@icefirestone23 Well, it's pretty obvious that Emilia is the main girl and that Tappei created and leads her as his own ideal female character. Japanese authors usually don't have a problem with this, after all it's what gave rise to the "best girl never wins" meme because authors tend to ignore whip wars even if another character gets a lot more attention. In extreme cases, this is actively manipulated in attempts to expand hype success, as was the case in Masamune-kun Revenge or G-Witch. As I mentioned, Tappei clearly cared about this up to a point, but since then he decided to "manage" the fanbase and just use Rem as a financial cow. Thanks to this, you get tons of Rem merch for any occasion, even if the event has nothing to do with her, and Subaru went from being an EMT-obsessed dude to suddenly being polyamorous.

The main problem at the moment is Emilia's incredibly toxic and aggressive fanboys, who seem to have entered the typical "the more obvious the ship, the more aggressive its fans" phase. This is a rather old, but at the same time strange phenomenon. The more obvious or stronger the ship seems, the more fanatical and intolerant its supporters become. Either way, all this Rem vs Emilia crap is just ruining the fandom and not a good time at a time when the franchise has become so popular that it has become a trend to hate.
Sep 20, 2023 4:33 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@icefirestone23 Well, it's pretty obvious that Emilia is the main girl and that Tappei created and leads her as his own ideal female character. Japanese authors usually don't have a problem with this, after all it's what gave rise to the "best girl never wins" meme because authors tend to ignore whip wars even if another character gets a lot more attention. In extreme cases, this is actively manipulated in attempts to expand hype success, as was the case in Masamune-kun Revenge or G-Witch. As I mentioned, Tappei clearly cared about this up to a point, but since then he decided to "manage" the fanbase and just use Rem as a financial cow. Thanks to this, you get tons of Rem merch for any occasion, even if the event has nothing to do with her, and Subaru went from being an EMT-obsessed dude to suddenly being polyamorous.

The main problem at the moment is Emilia's incredibly toxic and aggressive fanboys, who seem to have entered the typical "the more obvious the ship, the more aggressive its fans" phase. This is a rather old, but at the same time strange phenomenon. The more obvious or stronger the ship seems, the more fanatical and intolerant its supporters become. Either way, all this Rem vs Emilia crap is just ruining the fandom and not a good time at a time when the franchise has become so popular that it has become a trend to hate.
@RobertBobert kurumi tokisaki from dal was a secondary character next to tohka and origami yet she is one of the most merchandised waifus to exist. So it actually isn't unique to re zero.
Sep 20, 2023 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to icefirestone23
@RobertBobert kurumi tokisaki from dal was a secondary character next to tohka and origami yet she is one of the most merchandised waifus to exist. So it actually isn't unique to re zero.
@icefirestone23 As far as I remember, the author of DAL also somehow went the “marry them all” route so as not to disappoint the fanbase.
Sep 20, 2023 6:54 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@icefirestone23 As far as I remember, the author of DAL also somehow went the “marry them all” route so as not to disappoint the fanbase.
@RobertBobert he never went the marry them all route. It is pretty clear after volume 20. Ishibumi from high school dxd and rifujin from mushoku did.
Sep 21, 2023 12:57 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to icefirestone23
@RobertBobert he never went the marry them all route. It is pretty clear after volume 20. Ishibumi from high school dxd and rifujin from mushoku did.
@icefirestone23 Did he only choose Touka?
Sep 22, 2023 11:18 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@icefirestone23 Did he only choose Touka?
@RobertBobert well cannot spoil here but one look at the later light novel covers explains enough https://date-a-live.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Novel#Main_Story#Main%20Story
Sep 22, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to icefirestone23
@RobertBobert well cannot spoil here but one look at the later light novel covers explains enough https://date-a-live.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Novel#Main_Story#Main%20Story
@icefirestone23 Did they really choose the VN route?
Sep 24, 2023 5:04 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@icefirestone23 Did they really choose the VN route?
@RobertBobert cannot say more. But the finale was incredible. One of the best finales I ever read, and it isn't a which girl wins. Tachibana knows how to write and his new series got really good just on volume 2.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» There will be a Season 3 Part 2 / Season 4. ( 1 2 )

Okeanix - Sep 6

50 by Profat »»
Sep 22, 11:57 AM

» Subaru's mom is the Witch of Envy (Crazy Fan Theory)

CautiousShadow - Sep 12

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 20, 7:22 AM

Poll: » About FAL "Fantasy Anime League" Fall 2024

AbhinavAnge - Sep 16

14 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Sep 19, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Novel readers, do you hate Liliana?

0451 - Sep 16

11 by Okeanix »»
Sep 18, 1:34 PM

» What is the reason you're (still) watching Re:Zero? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Mar 27

97 by WataryAndrian »»
Sep 18, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.