Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
May 25, 2022 9:25 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
I thought the first episode of Fairy Tail was awesome. It really stands out for me because of the cool twist and action at the end.

My question is, how do you think it compares to other "first episodes" in anime? I think it's up there with Seven Deadly Sins, Akame ga Kill, Naruto etc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2022 9:40 PM
Jan 2020
I'd probably give the best first episode to boku dake ga inai machi.
May 25, 2022 10:11 PM
Aug 2011
I’m not sure I’d say it’s the best one ever, but it’s definitely among my top five. I’d also put Fire Force up there with it,
May 25, 2022 10:34 PM
Apr 2021
It does have one of the best first episodes.But for me it would be Naruto.
SilverNeko11May 25, 2022 10:38 PM
May 25, 2022 10:55 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
bored_rn said:

True! Erased has an incredible first episode
May 25, 2022 11:17 PM
Feb 2021
bored_rn said:

The only good episode of the anime
May 25, 2022 11:21 PM

Jun 2016
I think naruto's first episode is stronger.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 26, 2022 12:12 AM
Mar 2022
AOD-MAL said:
I thought the first episode of Fairy Tail was awesome. It really stands out for me because of the cool twist and action at the end.

My question is, how do you think it compares to other "first episodes" in anime? I think it's up there with Seven Deadly Sins, Akame ga Kill, Naruto etc.

I think not as this series got much better in later episode mainly after episode 25 I think the arc was Erza's back story arc
May 26, 2022 12:12 AM
May 2021
bored_rn said:

Why wouldn’t I just say „erased“?
May 26, 2022 12:23 AM
Jun 2020
Nakashii- said:
bored_rn said:

Why wouldn’t I just say „erased“?

I didn't know it was called erased in English so i wouldn't have known which show you meant if you had....
May 26, 2022 12:30 AM
Nov 2021
AOD-MAL said:

it's more way better in the manga since the manga is more mature/violent/brutal but the anime has a god tier OST
May 26, 2022 1:29 AM
Jan 2021
Ultimate_216 said:
AOD-MAL said:

I think not as this series got much better in later episode mainly after episode 25 I think the arc was Erza's back story arc

It got better later on??? I don't think we watched the same show tbh. This shit only got progressively worse somehow.
May 26, 2022 2:56 AM
May 2022
AOD-MAL said:

I've re watched the full anime now 3 times and I love it so much ,probably in my top 3 ngl, along with bleach.
May 26, 2022 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
VaggPe said:
Ultimate_216 said:

It got better later on??? I don't think we watched the same show tbh. This shit only got progressively worse somehow.

Dude gave ranking of kings a 6/10 🤯 f outa here dum@ss your opinions irrelevant 🗿
May 26, 2022 5:44 AM
Jan 2021
GhostMuttt said:
VaggPe said:

Dude gave ranking of kings a 6/10 🤯 f outa here dum@ss your opinions irrelevant 🗿

Getting told by a shonentard that my opinion doesn't matter. Damn. That has to be one of the funniest things that has ever happened to me. And also I was going to give ranking of kings a 9 but then the last 5 eps happened and they ruined the whole series. The first half however is fantastic.
May 26, 2022 6:10 AM
Mar 2022
VaggPe said:
Ultimate_216 said:

Are you kidding me you rated fairy tail 1/10 you are real are you. Well as expected you haven't watched fairy tail till season 3. I rated season 3 as 10/10 but everyone has their own tastes so can't help it if you don't like it doesn't mean everyone in the world is hater. Well I have one thing to say that reconsider your rating once again. It's one of the best I have watched
May 26, 2022 6:11 AM
Mar 2022
GhostMuttt said:
VaggPe said:

Bro he rated it 1/10 is he for real
If didn't liked it I had given it 5/10 only for Erza but I'm glad that I liked it and it's one of the best anime out there
May 26, 2022 6:30 AM
Jan 2021
Ultimate_216 said:
GhostMuttt said:

If didn't liked it I had given it 5/10 only for Erza but I'm glad that I liked it and it's one of the best anime out there

I will admit that Ezra was by far the best thing about the show. Still tho. Everything else was so bad that she couldn't save it by herself. Not to mention even she was kinda ruined towards the end. To give fairy tail a 5, Ezra should have been a truly top tier female character which she absolutely wasn't. Still better than the rest of the cast combined tho.
May 26, 2022 6:52 AM
Mar 2022
VaggPe said:
Ultimate_216 said:

I will admit that Ezra was by far the best thing about the show. Still tho. Everything else was so bad that she couldn't save it by herself. Not to mention even she was kinda ruined towards the end. To give fairy tail a 5, Ezra should have been a truly top tier female character which she absolutely wasn't. Still better than the rest of the cast combined tho.

Bro go and watch season 2 and 3 then talk season 3 changed everything for this series even I admit that season 1 is kinda bad as compared to other 2 but still I love this anime and I admit everyone has their own taste so if you hate it I can't help it
May 26, 2022 7:05 AM
Feb 2022
Ultimate_216 said:
GhostMuttt said:

I give FT a solid 6/10, it’s an ok battle shounen. At the end of the day I care about fights and FT doesn’t deliver on those (Natsu vs Gajeel and Natsu vs Zero are the only real exceptions), you usually get some still frames of a punch or sword slash and if it doesn’t work just yell about your friends and the next punch works fine, with no explanation other than emotion so it really takes me out of the moment and makes the good guy’s win feel really cheap. Shows like FMA brotherhood, OPM, Mob Psycho 100, JJK, HxH, fire force, Demon slayer, Black clover, even bleach and naruto are all battle shounen with better animation, fight choreography, and general power system/ scaling. Only thing that even makes FT stand out among that crowd of shows is fanservice. But like I said I only really care about fights so I see no reason to rate it above any other battle shounen. I got Bleach and Naruto at 7/10 so I feel like 6/10 is fair for FT. If they had actually done something with Dragonforce I think the show could’ve been cooler :(, really disappointed they haven’t even used it in 100 year quest.
May 26, 2022 7:32 AM

May 2021
VaggPe said:
Ultimate_216 said:

go watch s3 bro u don't know shit bro [s]
May 26, 2022 7:35 AM
Jan 2021
aotisgoat23 said:
VaggPe said:

Look kid. I know that fairy tail is by far your favorite show. But this doesn't mean that you should force your opinions on someone. And it's ok to have shit taste. Don't worry. When you grow up you'll understand your mistake and maybe keep moving forward.
May 26, 2022 8:46 AM
Jul 2021
I really liked the first episode of both Sailor Moon shows, Komi Can’t Communicate almost made me cry, Naruto and InuYasha, and SAO. But FT does have a great first episode 😌
May 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Feb 2020
No, Fairy tail first episode was boring. Phantom lord arc was when I started liking it.
It is kind of similar to one piece in that aspect, I liked it very slowly. Jellal arc was when I was really into it. Slowly as it went on, villans catalogue started getting better and better (so much that villans are my most favorite thing about this show). Finally fairy tail zero was when I was blown away and was all into it
AdampkMay 26, 2022 9:25 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

May 26, 2022 9:35 AM
Jun 2021
TheRealRouges said:
bored_rn said:

The only good episode of the anime

Agreed, got worse the longer it went
May 26, 2022 9:37 AM
Jun 2021
natsu_dragneel08 said:
AOD-MAL said:

it's more way better in the manga since the manga is more mature/violent/brutal but the anime has a god tier OST

Is the manga actually more mature, I’ve always wanted to read it, but is it less fan service and better mature themes
May 26, 2022 9:57 AM

Sep 2020
No ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎
May 26, 2022 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
yup , i totally agree with that
May 26, 2022 10:25 AM

Jan 2021
Have not watched it yet but my favorite would still possibly be Kny's first episode.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 26, 2022 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
I’d say AOT EP 1 was better but this was still also very good

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 26, 2022 11:30 AM
Jan 2021
It's ur opinion 🤷‍♂️
May 26, 2022 11:37 AM
Oct 2021
It's a recent one but summertime rendering.
One episode is enough to get you hung on to it.
May 26, 2022 11:44 AM

Dec 2019
Despite the series quickly spiraling into shit, Sword Art Online has one of the best first episodes I have ever seen. The way that the premise is presented is perfect and instantly hooks the viewer and it feels like it's set up to set the tone for the rest of the series. Too bad it was all one big trick. Instead of getting the action-packed, serious and grim story everyone was expecting, they got a poorly written Gary Stu harem show. Which is a shame, honestly.
May 26, 2022 12:05 PM
Feb 2021
the first episode of fairy tail was phenomenal in my opinion. got me hooked really strong and love natsu and lucy bound. I got so into it that I finished all the series in one month, about to read the manga too.
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
May 26, 2022 1:05 PM
Sep 2020
Well as far as battle shounen go, it definitely beats Dragonball’s, Naruto’s, One Piece’s, HxH’s and Black Clover’s. MHA or Demon Slayer are the only other two with strong first episodes imo. Fairy Tail’s could be the best.
May 26, 2022 2:08 PM
Aug 2021
It’s one of my personal best episodes, got me hooked just like one piece
May 26, 2022 2:56 PM
May 2021
the first episode was really great in my opinion
May 26, 2022 3:26 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
TheAngryNerd said:
Despite the series quickly spiraling into shit, Sword Art Online has one of the best first episodes I have ever seen. The way that the premise is presented is perfect and instantly hooks the viewer and it feels like it's set up to set the tone for the rest of the series. Too bad it was all one big trick. Instead of getting the action-packed, serious and grim story everyone was expecting, they got a poorly written Gary Stu harem show. Which is a shame, honestly.

Good point, Sword Art has an excellent first episode too.
May 26, 2022 3:33 PM
Nov 2021
Sagepool said:
natsu_dragneel08 said:

Is the manga actually more mature, I’ve always wanted to read it, but is it less fan service and better mature themes

the manga has a top tier art ,it's more mature/violent/brutal the anime was censored so they remove all the violent/brutal scenes fan service is alright
May 26, 2022 5:55 PM
Dec 2020
AOD-MAL said:

Well.. to your eternity
May 27, 2022 7:36 AM
Mar 2021
SkiRag said:
AOD-MAL said:

I've re watched the full anime now 3 times and I love it so much ,probably in my top 3 ngl, along with bleach.

I love fairy tail a lot as well. objectively it's got so much wrong but that doesn't stop me from loving it
May 27, 2022 7:39 AM
Mar 2021
VaggPe said:
aotisgoat23 said:

Look kid. I know that fairy tail is by far your favorite show. But this doesn't mean that you should force your opinions on someone. And it's ok to have shit taste. Don't worry. When you grow up you'll understand your mistake and maybe keep moving forward.

tbh, I feel like people view dairty tail as just a fun wholesome anime with a god tier OST. it ain't really shit taste more guilt pleasure
May 27, 2022 7:40 AM
May 2022
Oms27ct said:
SkiRag said:

I love fairy tail a lot as well. objectively it's got so much wrong but that doesn't stop me from loving it
exactly the bad parts arnt so bad because the good parts make u completely forget the bad parts lmao.
May 27, 2022 7:43 AM
Jan 2021
Oms27ct said:
VaggPe said:

tbh, I feel like people view dairty tail as just a fun wholesome anime with a god tier OST. it ain't really shit taste more guilt pleasure

Don't worry dude. I know this guy personally. We're friends and we're just messing around. He hasn't even watched fairy tail s3. And also I would never say someone has shit taste. Anyone can like whatever they want.
May 27, 2022 7:44 AM
Mar 2021
Oh lol that's all g then
May 27, 2022 3:38 PM
May 2015
TheAngryNerd said:

the harem was fine, until some idiot sister jump into the pack and ruined the whole show. after that point it is completely a shitshow.
May 27, 2022 9:12 PM
Mar 2022
Atanpenguin said:
Ultimate_216 said:

I give FT a solid 6/10, it’s an ok battle shounen. At the end of the day I care about fights and FT doesn’t deliver on those (Natsu vs Gajeel and Natsu vs Zero are the only real exceptions), you usually get some still frames of a punch or sword slash and if it doesn’t work just yell about your friends and the next punch works fine, with no explanation other than emotion so it really takes me out of the moment and makes the good guy’s win feel really cheap. Shows like FMA brotherhood, OPM, Mob Psycho 100, JJK, HxH, fire force, Demon slayer, Black clover, even bleach and naruto are all battle shounen with better animation, fight choreography, and general power system/ scaling. Only thing that even makes FT stand out among that crowd of shows is fanservice. But like I said I only really care about fights so I see no reason to rate it above any other battle shounen. I got Bleach and Naruto at 7/10 so I feel like 6/10 is fair for FT. If they had actually done something with Dragonforce I think the show could’ve been cooler :(, really disappointed they haven’t even used it in 100 year quest.

Yeah you are right but here I'm talking about all 3 season in whole I also said that season 1 is kinda immature but season 2 is better and season 3 is best, watch those two you'll find impressive story with amazing fight scenes (especially season 3) and alot of fan service 🤣
Anime_avidMay 29, 2022 6:58 AM
May 28, 2022 5:13 AM
Feb 2022
Ultimate_216 said:
Atanpenguin said:

Yeah you are right but here I'm talking about all 3 season in whole I also said that season is kinda immature but season 2 is better and season 3 is best, watch those two you'll find impressive story with amazing fight scenes (especially season 3) and alot of fan service 🤣
Ive watched all seasons lmao I’ve even read the manga well before season 3 aired. Didn’t rate all 3 seasons as I rated all anime I’ve seen when I made this account, and the 1 rating I gave fairy tail represents it as a whole. All of my statements were referring to fairy tail in its entirety and even the 100 year quest manga
May 28, 2022 5:22 AM
Feb 2022
Ultimate_216 said:
Atanpenguin said:

Yeah you are right but here I'm talking about all 3 season in whole I also said that season is kinda immature but season 2 is better and season 3 is best, watch those two you'll find impressive story with amazing fight scenes (especially season 3) and alot of fan service 🤣

The later fights do not have any choreography behind them unfortunately. And the way Natsu just punched zeref harder after yelling to win was rough to watch. I’ll reiterate I’ve watched all of fairy tail, best fights are Natsu vs Gajeel and Natsu vs Zero. Only fights that aren’t just still frames and attack names or females getting their clothes ripped apart. FT just doesn’t hold up well against other shounen when it comes to fights. It’s a weakness of the series
AtanpenguinMay 28, 2022 5:28 AM
May 28, 2022 6:39 AM
Feb 2022
VaggPe said:
aotisgoat23 said:

Hopefully they will be able to view their love for FT in a “I like it but I know it’s not great” attitude as they watch more anime/ read some of the good stuff (like vagabond). All we can do is pray
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Fairy Tail Sub or Dub?

ToxicEclipse - May 7, 2018

31 by DekuxUraraka »»
May 24, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 158 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2012

94 by Hayley2877 »»
May 24, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 157 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

119 by Hayley2877 »»
May 24, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 156 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2012

71 by Hayley2877 »»
May 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 155 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2012

79 by Hayley2877 »»
May 16, 1:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.