Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2022 8:44 AM
Mar 2018
There are two reasons:

1) Manga readers have constantly lied about the next arc being amazing, or even the best yet, since before season 4. At this point, I refuse to trust them anymore.

2) Studio Bones really dropped the ball in the two previous seasons by sacrificing the main series' quality for the sake of low effort cash-grab side projects, and with more of them being announced, it's clear they have no intention of turning back. They're ruining this franchise out of greed.

Like I said in the title, I will watch it, but I don't expect anything good out of it. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 9, 2022 8:50 AM
Nov 2018
What extra stuff have they announced?
May 9, 2022 9:02 AM
Nov 2021
Shak21 said:

They announced two ova
May 9, 2022 9:03 AM

May 2021
tbh same, I have low expectations but still will watch it in hopes to be proven wrong

"Never one... without the other"

May 9, 2022 9:12 AM
Jul 2020
To be fair, the manga isn’t that ahead of the anime, so when the manga readers say it’s the best season yet, that’s usually bc there aren’t many arcs after it.
May 9, 2022 9:33 AM
Dec 2021
Deku vs shigaraki is one of the hyped fights as per manga readers and ofc i wanna see heroes vs villians , like u can say that war, but yeah won't be expecting any incredible things
May 9, 2022 9:34 AM
Aug 2020
These reasons are exactly why I just moved to the manga.
May 9, 2022 9:42 AM
Mar 2021
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

1) Manga readers have constantly lied about the next arc being amazing, or even the best yet, since before season 4. At this point, I refuse to trust them anymore.

2) Studio Bones really dropped the ball in the two previous seasons by sacrificing the main series' quality for the sake of low effort cash-grab side projects, and with more of them being announced, it's clear they have no intention of turning back. They're ruining this franchise out of greed.

Like I said in the title, I will watch it, but I don't expect anything good out of it. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I am on the same boat as yours

hyping up season 4 was still understandable because of overhaul arc but why the f*ck did they hyped season 5, s5 was meh from start to finish

and I think the director has changed since season 4 even if not then for whatever reason mha isn't getting the same love during animating it which it got in first 3 seasons
May 9, 2022 9:43 AM
Aug 2020
Jkappele said:
To be fair, the manga isn’t that ahead of the anime, so when the manga readers say it’s the best season yet, that’s usually bc there aren’t many arcs after it.

what do you mean it ain't that much ahead? It's far ahead lmao 🤣😂.
May 9, 2022 9:46 AM
Aug 2020
Khushal_v said:
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

hyping up season 4 was still understandable because of overhaul arc but why the f*ck did they hyped season 5, s5 was meh from start to finish

and I think the director has changed since season 4 even if not then for whatever reason mha isn't getting the same love during animating it which it got in first 3 seasons

season 5 was underwhelming, understandable if someone is talking about 1A vs 1B arc.
But the My Villian Academia arc was superb in the manga. They messed up the adaptation for some reason.
You can check it out if you want, unless you don't want to read the manga 😅😂.
May 9, 2022 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

with all due respect, this feels unnecessary. Even I'm not too happy with S5. Heck I was disappointed by the My Villian Academia arc adaptation.
The 1A vs 1B, well if someone is not too fond of watching the characters go through a joint team combat and have some extra interactions, then I guess yeah they might not be heavily entertained by it. But I for one didn't mind the 1A vs 1B arc, atleast as much as some people exaggerated when sh*tting on it, because I like the characters and MHA as a whole, and moreover the animation in the Todoroki team's fight, the Bakugou and Kirishima team's fight and the Deku, Ochaco, Momo and Mineta vs Shinso's team was lowkey amazing.
Besides in the Blu-ray release they fixed a few scenes as well.
You're not entirely wrong in not expecting too much from the adaptation, because sometimes Studio Bones do compromise on some episodes quality because they're busy making another side project.
But given the importance of the upcoming season, I pray, and I hope they don't do anything like that.
A couple of OVAs ain't gonna affect the production in any significant way.
May 9, 2022 9:54 AM
Mar 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
Khushal_v said:

season 5 was underwhelming, understandable if someone is talking about 1A vs 1B arc.
But the My Villian Academia arc was superb in the manga. They messed up the adaptation for some reason.
if you mean by last 5 episodes then they were really rushed I never even got why the league of villain were fighting with them and also animation went downhill with every arc in season 5, so this arc had the weakest animation of entire season, I will even say weakest animation of entire mha

If these things are done better in manga then please tell me the chapter where it begans
May 9, 2022 10:00 AM

Nov 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

with all due respect, this feels unnecessary. Even I'm not too happy with S5. Heck I was disappointed by the My Villian Academia arc adaptation.
The 1A vs 1B, well if someone is not too fond of watching the characters go through a joint team combat and have some extra interactions, then I guess yeah they might not be heavily entertained by it. But I for one didn't mind the 1A vs 1B arc, atleast as much as some people exaggerated when sh*tting on it, because I like the characters and MHA as a whole, and moreover the animation in the Todoroki team's fight, the Bakugou and Kirishima team's fight and the Deku, Ochaco, Momo and Mineta vs Shinso's team was lowkey amazing.
You're not entirely wrong in not expecting too much from the adaptation, because sometimes Studio Bones do compromise on some episodes quality because they're busy making another side project.
But given the importance of the upcoming season, I pray, and I hope they don't do anything like that.
Classic fan boy spotted in the wild.
N I C E
May 9, 2022 10:02 AM
Aug 2020
You can start from chapter 218. A lot of parts from the manga were skipped as well. Or you can start from chapter 216 as well to understand what happened before chapter 218. Hope you like it ✌🏻.
May 9, 2022 10:03 AM
Aug 2020
Pred8r said:
KusarigamaD10S said:

N I C E
classic hater spotted 🫳🏻.
May 9, 2022 10:04 AM
Aug 2020
Khushal_v said:
KusarigamaD10S said:

if you mean by last 5 episodes then they were really rushed I never even got why the league of villain were fighting with them and also animation went downhill with every arc in season 5, so this arc had the weakest animation of entire season, I will even say weakest animation of entire mha

If these things are done better in manga then please tell me the chapter where it begans
You can start from chapter 218. A lot of parts from the manga were skipped as well. Or you can start from chapter 216 as well to understand what happened before chapter 218. Hope you like it ✌🏻.
May 9, 2022 10:07 AM
Jan 2022
I don't read Manga but I hear a YouTubeers opinion every now and then and I think S6 is really gonna be great.
May 9, 2022 10:11 AM

Nov 2021
KusarigamaD10S said:
Pred8r said:
N I C E
Wow I didn't know giving 6 or a 7 to all of the seasons and a 8 to s2 is considered being a hater...damn

You learn something new everyday don't you.
May 9, 2022 10:41 AM
Oct 2021
its good, Because if you come without expectations then maybe you will like it more

and just asking, How i can ask a question in Mal?
I mean, like you
May 9, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2021
This is the way it has been for every mha season. Shit is mid af, people are only realizing this now because season 5 was trash.

May 9, 2022 11:05 AM
Jul 2021
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

this is the best way to go in that way it can never dissapoint.
manga readers didnt lie, they just over exaggerated
May 9, 2022 12:01 PM
Aug 2021
Khushal_v said:
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

Well to be fair, I’m pretty sure that the Endeavor Agency and My Villain Academia arcs were supposed to be two fan favorites. But then both of them were essentially botched.

And don’t quote me on this since I haven’t read the manga, but to me it almost seemed like the 1A vs 1B arc was longer than it should’ve been, which would take up time for the other two arcs, causing them to be rushed with a lot of content cut out.

Season 5 was probably fairly hyped by the manga fans, it’s just that Studio Bones screwed it up.
May 9, 2022 1:46 PM
Dec 2021
Season 6 is the War Arc, trust me, it's PEAK
May 9, 2022 2:07 PM
Feb 2022
I’m excited for S6 to me it has only gotten better my favorite season is S5
May 9, 2022 2:21 PM
May 2021
Manga reader here, I personally think that the last good part was the my villain academia arc. I kinda understand why the next arc is hyped up, but didn't really like it that much, and stuff went downhill after that.
May 9, 2022 2:30 PM
Jun 2021
I am a manga reader and honestly this series has just made me so sad. (Especially the anime). The amount of potential here is incredible, but it just didn’t get to the epic status I wanted. I agree Bones kinda dropping the ball here in animation and that the later seasons are weak except for My Villain Academia. If anyone wants to read this article. https://animesenpai.net/my-hero-academia-author-is-rushing-the-manga-story/

The article talks about how the author felt he had to change the story and focus less on the things we all want because of Japan’s readers. I think that if he had been given more support the author could have made what we all wanted from the series, but its almost over now so no chance. Season 6 will be really good its a lot of action so long as the animation is good it will be worth watching. But I wanted to share all that cause even some of us manga readers have noticed the issues here.
May 9, 2022 3:05 PM
BIG SCHLONG MAN
Apr 2020
My Hero Academia is my favorite battle shonen, yet I still agree with you 100%
I pretend I'm funny
May 9, 2022 3:38 PM
Dec 2019
I agree. I read the manga and the next arc will be intense but idk about "the best." I

'm upset that it doesn't seem like there will be a time skip in the series :/
May 9, 2022 4:34 PM
Apr 2021
To me: it gets a lot better in S6 but that’s just me 😅
May 9, 2022 7:25 PM

Aug 2015
Both Endeavor Agency arc and MVA worked a lot better in the manga. I think the biggest issue was just pacing and changing the order of the arcs. They're not inherently bad arcs but they weren't adapted to their full potential and season 5 was definitely a bit of a downgrade. I don't have the same sentiment about season 4 though, it was fine.

Season 6 should be better but I'm obviously not gonna promise anything.
Controversial opinions
May 9, 2022 9:19 PM
May 2020
Do you want a cookie ?
May 9, 2022 9:35 PM

Mar 2020
I'd say studio bones making two ova side projects out of greed is sort of stretching it a bit considering the studio has produced some amazing works overtime. And the fact that mob psycho 100 Season 3 is in the works for some time later this year I would suspend that they may continue producing tamer and maybe more refined projects later down the line. That being said, I am truly disappointed to say the least at this current season and previous seasons, so I am in favor with others not expecting much from the season 5.

May 9, 2022 10:17 PM

Nov 2020
Congratulations! generic post that is in every other anime/manga discussion? complain about this then complain about that? right thanks for the hot take 🤦‍♀️
May 9, 2022 11:31 PM
Aug 2020
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

So then drop the anime bro, why watch something so long for 5 seasons if it never pleases you. I too have no expectations for the next season but you dragging it bro, nobody cares if you have 0 expectations.
Ofcool2947May 9, 2022 11:34 PM
May 9, 2022 11:41 PM
Aug 2021
Yea I’m kinda disappointed in Bones too… they animated some of my favorite animes so I REALLY hope they don’t ruin stuff like Mob psycho by turning it into fast cash
May 10, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2016
I've honestly been pretty disappointed with the last couple seasons, especially since I was so excited for MVA. I'm hoping this arc is adapted properly because it was so well done in the manga (in my opinion anyways). I have a bit of hope as opposed to last season at least because there's not a movie coming out at the same time. For season 5 it felt like they dragged on the 1A vs 1B fights forever when it didn't feel very long in the manga (even my anime-only friend was annoyed at how long it was taking and how the strategies seemed really thrown together compared to usual fights). MVA was really the only part I was excited for and it ended up being thrown after the training arc and rushed just so they could advertise for the movie with the main characters. Idk how many people feel the same but honestly, (besides bakugou) I twnd to enjoy villain-focused arcs more than hero-focused arcs.
May 10, 2022 7:51 PM
Mar 2021
I think it’s best to just read MHA at this post and only watch the anime if you want to see the adaptation. Considering I started reading from MVA I was disappointed with how they adapted it. Considering this next arc is pretty crazy in the manga, I doubt they will do it justice and most likely scrap content like they did in season 5. It’s honestly annoying but MHA is just another shonen when it comes down to it.
May 11, 2022 2:42 AM

May 2021
i never really did,tbh,but i guess the only appeasing aspect,the visuals,will go down too.
May 15, 2022 8:26 AM
May 2022
I don't really know guess I will just wait and see what the will give us♣
May 15, 2022 8:27 AM
May 2022
KOLOPS said:
Shak21 said:

They announced two ova

I think the will put up a good show♣
May 17, 2022 2:36 PM
Apr 2022
I am super excited for a Kaminari moment in this season
Jun 5, 2022 9:26 AM

Jul 2019
The only reason season 5 was somewhat hyped is because of MVA, which people thought was going to be covered in the entire second cour, instead we got only 5 rushed episodes and the other two arcs stretched for no reason.

Season 6 will have some really good moments, heck, i'd say they are the peak of the series in the manga, but you never know if they will be well adapted.

The anime recently only does very few well animated episodes every season despite the good schedule, the rest is just a powerpoint presentation. This is not a passion project for Bones unlike Mob Psycho.

I don't even know if i should recommend the manga because it's in a weird state right now, even Horikoshi seems to be getting tired.

This anime would benefit so much from the Demon slayer treatment but sadly it is what it is.
Jun 10, 2022 4:12 PM
Aug 2020
Fax001s said:
The only reason season 5 was somewhat hyped is because of MVA, which people thought was going to be covered in the entire second cour, instead we got only 5 rushed episodes and the other two arcs stretched for no reason.

Season 6 will have some really good moments, heck, i'd say they are the peak of the series in the manga, but you never know if they will be well adapted.

The anime recently only does very few well animated episodes every season despite the good schedule, the rest is just a powerpoint presentation. This is not a passion project for Bones unlike Mob Psycho.

I don't even know if i should recommend the manga because it's in a weird state right now, even Horikoshi seems to be getting tired.

This anime would benefit so much from the Demon slayer treatment but sadly it is what it is.

Only the first half of each season gets a good scheduling, the second half does not.

It’s not on the same level as mob psycho because it’s a continuous annual production unlike mob.
Jun 14, 2022 4:24 AM
Aug 2018
We just need budget data and we will learn this season will be good or not...
Jun 20, 2022 7:48 PM
Apr 2016
Bijou146 said:
Season 6 is the War Arc, trust me, it's PEAK

No it's not, especially at the result of it, there were very obvious problems with it that I will not say here for the sake of spoiling, but it was very disappointing yet again.
Jun 22, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2021
LuFuz said:
Yea I’m kinda disappointed in Bones too… they animated some of my favorite animes so I REALLY hope they don’t ruin stuff like Mob psycho by turning it into fast cash

If you want to call anybody out for "turning it into fast cash", blame TOHO, not Bones. Having only one year apart between each season + demanding a movie alongside them ever since S3 doesn't really help to make a production with consistent quality.
Jun 23, 2022 6:14 AM
Apr 2019
Pred8r said:
KusarigamaD10S said:
Wow I didn't know giving 6 or a 7 to all of the seasons and a 8 to s2 is considered being a hater...damn

You learn something new everyday don't you.

You call him a classic fanboy just because he likes stuff. The dude even explains why he likes it without talkshit about ppl with different opinions. Ofc you'll be called hater my guy.
Jun 23, 2022 6:24 AM
Apr 2019
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

1. Manga readers don't actually lie. The early part of MHA(S1-3) doesn't contain anything better than Overhaul, Endeavor vs hood, and MVA. At least that's how it is in the manga. The disappointment should be blamed to studio tbh.

2. Yeah, fck studio Bones. I just find it sad how manga with top tier art like MHA, BC, TG, etc always got a mid adaptation while manga with shit art(at least for me) like KNY, JJK, and Mob Psyco got a perfect adaptation. Ik life is unfair but come on.. Especially in Studio Bones case where they literally sacrifice season 5 for that mid ass movie. They also pay attention more to other projects because MHA season with its timeslots and prior popularity will always be a huge and profitable show without them even trying
Jun 23, 2022 6:33 AM

Apr 2021
nabewry said:
malinoski554 said:
There are two reasons:

1. Manga readers don't actually lie. The early part of MHA(S1-3) doesn't contain anything better than Overhaul, Endeavor vs hood, and MVA. At least that's how it is in the manga. The disappointment should be blamed to studio tbh.

2. Yeah, fck studio Bones. I just find it sad how manga with top tier art like MHA, BC, TG, etc always got a mid adaptation while manga with shit art(at least for me) like KNY, JJK, and Mob Psyco got a perfect adaptation. Ik life is unfair but come on.. Especially in Studio Bones case where they literally sacrifice season 5 for that mid ass movie. They also pay attention more to other projects because MHA season with its timeslots and prior popularity will always be a huge and profitable show without them even trying

Again, STOP putting the fucking blame on Bones when it comes to movies and all that when it's not their decision to make them it's TOHO's.
Jun 23, 2022 6:57 AM
Apr 2019
Oongbuh said:
nabewry said:

Again, STOP putting the fucking blame on Bones when it comes to movies and all that when it's not their decision to make them it's TOHO's.
I think Studio bones also take a part in making the decision. Look at how Wit studio is able to refuse to continue Aot because of Kodansha tight deadline.

But even if they can't decide. It's still their choice to made the actual content. They're able to release quality production back to back every season with sk8 and vanitas for example since these 2 is around the same time mha s5 dropped. I think I've heard that they used like 13 director in vanitas to maintain its quality. They could use half of those to put more effort on MHA season but nah. All those resources was only used for the movie.

There's also the Vincent chansard moment when he works as freelancer for bones, made a good layout animation for Toga's fight, but the end product by bones is worse than the layout. They can't even trace and color a good layout properly, it just shows how lack of attention they put to the main series and it's their decision.

Also about the arc rearrange stuff, I also think they take part in making that decision but just let's say the arc rearangement is a must, it's still their fault how trash the script ended up. Idk if you notice this but they're so bad at rearranging shit and ended up making plotholes in the story. It's when hawks finding out and surprised about 4 month attack when spying on LoV. While LoV atm is watching the video of him warning Endeavor about the same 4 month attack. Like come on man how come they don't realize this. And it's their decision to made this crap script.

Lastly regarding 5 minute recaps every eps, reuse a lot of long flashback scene, and ofc somehow they even made an original anime content on JT and EA arc. I don't see any point of doing that beside to made them works easier. Delete all that crap and we can get 2-3 more eps. But they decided to just cut shit from MVA arc instead even tho that arc is already small enough. That's just scream lazyness to me, or lack of attention towards the season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stripes - Mar 11, 2023

296 by haminshamin »»
May 28, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Mar 4, 2023

144 by haminshamin »»
May 28, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

266 by arknio »»
May 22, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

223 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 21, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

173 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 21, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.