Forum Settings
Forums

why do people get consoles instead of gaming pc's and brag about it !?

New
Would you get a console ?
Yes, Pc's lag !
27.2%
Nah consoles are overrated .
72.8%
81 votes
Jul 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
So , lately my friend is bragging about his new Xbox one and his brand new games and trying to make me jealous , however I pity him for wasting money on a console, the last console I bought was a Ps2 and never got anything after that , I mean why would you get a console if you have a perfectly good Pc that can surf the web provide entertainment and play games for free , it's funny when my friends tell me they spend $60 on a new game and rub it my face while I can pirate that game and play it for free however I choose not too cuz it's illegal , I just ignore them and play LOL, the best part about pc gaming is the free online games

EDIT: I realized that computers can have controllers sorry for the ignorance
KAMIN_AJul 31, 2014 12:55 PM
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2012
Nobody cares about your PC.
Jul 19, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2014
Nobody cares about your ...uhmm ...ehmmm.. :/
Jul 19, 2014 10:43 PM
Jul 2009
There are good console exclusive games that does not even get a chance to get ported to the PC. In the end it's just a matter of preference.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Jul 19, 2014 10:45 PM
Nov 2008
you both have toxic personalities. just fuckin' play some fun video games!
Jul 19, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2013
Heredity said:
This guy knows what's up.
Jul 19, 2014 10:50 PM

Jul 2014
I will always prefer PC to console; it's just so much better being able to do all your online crap, watch videos play music etc and also have access to games. And I play mainly MMOs which are 99% exclusive to PC.
Jul 19, 2014 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
I always thought it was the opposite, with the well known "master PC race." Personally I don't favor one over the other at all.
I game mostly on PC for rts and mmo's but still have my consoles for whenever i feel like starting up kingdom hearts 2 for a quick session of nostalgia.
Love both PC and consoles, no need to hate.
Jul 20, 2014 3:41 AM
Nov 2009
You are both terrible. Bragging about an XBone is a joke, as is talking about LoL and stating in the poll that PCs have no controller even though they have them naturally + they can use ANY other controller. I, for instance, have a PS2 and a Gamecube controller for my PC.
Jul 20, 2014 3:48 AM

May 2013
rein13th said:
There are good console exclusive games that does not even get a chance to get ported to the PC. In the end it's just a matter of preference.

Same thing can be said about PC exclusives, dummy.
Jul 20, 2014 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Meh, does it even really matter?
Jul 20, 2014 5:05 AM

Oct 2012
Peasants.
Jul 20, 2014 9:52 AM

Jun 2008
Udgey said:
Heredity said:
This guy knows what's up.
QFT'd.

Why would any of you brag about it when there's good exclusive games on both? Just suck it up and enjoy the games.
Jul 20, 2014 10:24 AM
Feb 2014
I'm rich
Jul 20, 2014 10:45 AM
Star Guardian

Apr 2014
People get consoles because of the exclusives. I have a pc and I play games on it all the time, but when The Last of Us came out, I got it for my PS3 since you can only get it for the PS3.

You also don't need a pc to surf the web. There are other things that people can use, like tablets, iPods, smart phones, or cheap laptops.

Some people enjoy Xbox. Some enjoy PS4. Some enjoy the Wii u or 3ds. And some enjoy a gaming pc. Is it really that hard? It doesn't mean yours is superior just because you think that.
Jul 20, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2008
Exclusives and being exclusively a PC gamer is not for everyone, I couldn't do it because I'd miss out on everything Japan has to offer that isn't a VN.

Jul 20, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2011
I'd get Both, I win.
Jul 20, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Bragging is foolish anyway, regardless of what you brag about. Wondering about people's motives for buying something is perfectly okay though. Exclusives are a solid reason, if you only buy a few games, then it might be a bit cheaper too. Personally I couldn't justify buying a console, since I don't play that much and I need a decent PC for other reasons anyway. I already have a PS3 that I got for free and which has been gathering dust for 3 years. I have sometimes used its controller with PC though.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Jul 20, 2014 11:25 AM
Jun 2013
There's one important reason PC > consoles and that is Steam.

The Steam sales are too great to miss out on.
Jul 20, 2014 11:29 AM

Nov 2008
PandahHeart said:
People get consoles because of the exclusives. I have a pc and I play games on it all the time, but when The Last of Us came out, I got it for my PS3 since you can only get it for the PS3.
When people say this, I wonder why we even have consoles. They only benefit the big three. You could say that a PC is also largely useless if you only care about games, but you still have a lot more options and freedom in gaming alone, since the games and components aren't all licensed or owned by one company.
EzekielJul 20, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 20, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2013
Ezekiel said:
PandahHeart said:
When people say this, I wonder why we even have consoles. They only benefit the big three. You could say that a PC is also largely useless if you only care about games, but you still have a lot more options and freedom in gaming alone.

Is there any other reason necessary? Profit is the only thing that matters to the industry, as long as consoles are profitable, they will exist.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Jul 21, 2014 8:36 AM
Oct 2013
Just be happy consoles exist because if a game comes out on console and gets ported to PC then there's a good chance that system requirements will be low on the PC port but still be just as good if not better.
Jul 21, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2014
Where the flying fuck did you hear Pc's don't have controllers from?
I found this very disturbing.

Pc/laptops are the most basic things in a home and many of us have it. But consoles are not seen everywhere and only serve the purpose of gaming and just gaming.
Hence, people brag about having a console because not every one has it.

But those are mostly the people who haven't yet seen the capacity of a gaming pc.

I personally think that PC's are better than consoles for gaming because of their vast variety of games and on every single kind of platform. It's true that consoles have games that are not out on PC and have a different kind of feeling when playing on it.
So I ain't bragging about anything. I do have a gaming PC and I do have a console.
Jul 21, 2014 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Why do you care what he plays?
an egomaniac and a fool

Jul 21, 2014 10:06 AM
Sykolicious

Jul 2013
How come one of your poll answers are "Yes, Pc's lag and don't have controllers" when in fact you can get a shit ton more different controllers for a PC then what you can for a console..
Jul 22, 2014 9:24 AM

Mar 2014
People get consoles because:
-The performance doesn't change for the worse from console to console.
-Its all about plugging the device into the power outlet and a TV and play.
-The exclusives.

I'm saying this as a now PC guy.
Jul 22, 2014 10:21 AM
Mar 2011
i game on both but more on console simply cuase there more games on Consoles and hand helds than pc that i like
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
Oh look another DAE PC MASTR RACE?!?! kid.
Jul 22, 2014 11:14 AM

Dec 2012
Pandomia said:
Exclusives. There are good games that are only being sold on consoles.

You can always buy both though.

Wii U is the only current gen console that interests me as it feels like it is trying to be a console unlike the other 2.

It's the only way to sell their console, if every game was made for the PC then nobody would bother getting the console. Fact.
Jul 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
IntervisioN said:

It's the only way to sell their console, if every game was made for the PC then nobody would bother getting the console. Fact.

One of the things a gamer could wish of, every game on the same platform. I shed a tear thinking how great that would have been.
Jul 22, 2014 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
does it really matter which one is better? It's like you two are battling over a sega genesis and snes.
Jul 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2014
TobiOrNotTobi said:
does it really matter which one is better? It's like you two are battling over a sega genesis and snes.

Jul 22, 2014 1:46 PM
Nov 2009
Tsun_Pooka said:

Nothing stops you from playing your PC games on a TV.

The one and only point for consoles are the exclusives of this and last generation.
Jul 22, 2014 3:42 PM
May 2007
Most of the PC games are not my kind of games. I am really an arcade gamer at heart.
Jul 22, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
I never play PC games. All the games I enjoy are on consoles.

Jul 22, 2014 3:50 PM
Nov 2009
ParaParaJMo said:
Most of the PC games are not my kind of games. I am really an arcade gamer at heart.

Depends on what kind of arcade games. The older ones are all supported via emulators and newer ones, especially fighting, are somewhat on the PC as well(USFIV, KoF, Melty Blood etc).
Jul 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Mar 2014
Lucumo said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

The one and only point for consoles are the exclusives of this and last generation.

Oh, do you really want to move your computer to your TV every time you play, and demote the PC experience into a pseudo console with sometimes subpar experiences? There are a million things stopping anyone from doing this, and you're totally wrong about that being an only point. Like I said, consoles don't force that you research what kind of hardware do you need to run an optimized game, but rather the games get built and optimized for your own hardware, meaning less dealing with terribly slow games.

Consoles and PCs have pros and cons, not a single pro for consoles like you say.
Jul 22, 2014 4:13 PM
Nov 2009
Tsun_Pooka said:
Lucumo said:

Oh, do you really want to move your computer to your TV every time you play, and demote the PC experience into a pseudo console with sometimes subpar experiences? There are a million things stopping anyone from doing this, and you're totally wrong about that being an only point. Like I said, consoles don't force that you research what kind of hardware do you need to run an optimized game, but rather the games get built and optimized for your own hardware, meaning less dealing with terribly slow games.

Consoles and PCs have pros and cons, not a single pro for consoles like you say.

Cables aren't usually 1 m short, at least in my experience.
Pseudo console with sometimes subpar experience? Haha, if you mean that the PC version normally looks better and the loading times aren't nearly as bad. Then yes, I agree.
"Research". I didn't know that looking something up which takes less than a minute classifies as research. Also, it's a load of bs console people spread. I bought my PC almost 3 years ago for 600€ and I have played all the games at high settings so far. And for the next three years, I will still be able to play everything, just not at the highest quality anymore.
Jul 22, 2014 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
Lucumo said:
Tsun_Pooka said:

Pseudo console with sometimes subpar experience? Haha, if you mean that the PC version normally looks better and the loading times aren't nearly as bad. Then yes, I agree.
"Research". I didn't know that looking something up which takes less than a minute classifies as research. Also, it's a load of bs console people spread. I bought my PC almost 3 years ago for 600€ and I have played all the games at high settings so far. And for the next three years, I will still be able to play everything, just not at the highest quality anymore.

Cables are always going to be mess.
There are no guarantees that all the PC games you're going to buy is going to run better and look better with the current hardware. Usually these PC games you overhype are really unoptimized, though loading times, I can give you that. It is still a sub par experience if you're gonna make it a console, but hey, PCs are supposed to be PCs, not consoles.

Nah, research takes more than just a minute. You'd need to know a good processor, a good GPU and a motherboard to combine them while also keeping enough budget for the rest of the computer. Stop making PC building look easier than it actually is.

You have to admit there were games that never run on high settings well. Unoptimized games lurk on the PC a lot more than you think. Not dealing with unoptimized games or this whole settings fiasco is an advantage for the consoles, clearly.
Jul 22, 2014 4:29 PM
Jan 2013
Heredity said:

Remember when people used to shut their mouths and just play a game? Yeah, me either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
Hulmy-chan said:
Heredity said:

Remember when people used to shut their mouths and just play a game? Yeah, me either.

When would these days ever return... Ahh, the good old' days. Too bad I have to move on and accept this harsh reality.
Jul 22, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2008
I personally have never bragged about it. I just enjoy gaming, simple as that. Doesn't matter to me if it's on a console or PC, so long as I can play video games.

I do prefer consoles, but only because they are more convenient for me to use and set up, I am not tech savy enough to use the latter. XD
Jul 22, 2014 6:00 PM

Mar 2014
Retro8bit said:
I personally have never bragged about it. I just enjoy gaming, simple as that. Doesn't matter to me if it's on a console or PC, so long as I can play video games.

I do prefer consoles, but only because they are more convenient for me to use and set up, I am not tech savy enough to use the latter. XD

Same here, except that I love the PC more because keyboards and mouse (and that your sig reminded me of it, Sonic games). However, I don't have an issue playing on consoles; I've been playing on the PS and PS2 long before I knew about the PC and I want to fix them soon so I could play Spyro and Crash.
Jul 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Apr 2011
I know right ? PC is objectively better than a console (minus the exclusives for unemulatable consoles)
Jul 22, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
This is easily the most retarded thread I have seen in my life.
Jul 22, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2009
KAMIN_A said:
So , lately my friend is bragging about his new Xbox one and his brand new games and trying to make me jealous , however I pity him for wasting money on a console, the last console I bought was a Ps2 and never got anything after that , I mean why would you get a console if you have a perfectly good Pc that can surf the web provide entertainment and play games for free , it's funny when my friends tell me they spend $60 on a new game and rub it my face while I can pirate that game and play it for free however I choose not too cuz it's illegal , I just ignore them and play LOL, the best part about pc gaming is the free online games ...

If I had the money I would have consoles along with my gaming computer.Many games are PC only,playstation only, Xbox only or Nintendo only. I can use a emulator but when it comes to newer console games it is not as efficient as the actual game console.
Jul 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Mar 2014
Valaskjalf said:
I know right ? PC is objectively better than a console (minus the exclusives for unemulatable consoles)

Objectively both have their pros and cons. None are better than the other fully, but each is better than the other in some things. Get this harsh truth to your skull.
Jul 22, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
I play both PC and console.
PC - I own more games for the PC by far for 3 main reasons
1. Steam/GOG - With Steam/GOG sales, PC games are abundant and cheap, and if a new game is multi-platform, chances are I'm buying it on Steam. If it's PC exclusive, I'm still probably buying it on Steam.
2. Mods - Mods make good games great, great games amazing, and awful games good. To me, mods greatly raise the value of the games I get just by adding to the experience. I love mods, and they are easily the best reason to play on PC, imo.
3. Versatility - Sure, you can surf the web on a console, but I always thought it was a little slow and clunky feeling. Much faster and easier on a PC. Also, emulators. I no longer own a SNES, N64, or PS1, but I don't really need to, because I can emulate. The PC is itself a multi-platform system.

Consoles - I own a PS3, and have easy access to a 360 and a Wii, and I own far more console exclusives than PC exclusives. Games like The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, and various JRPGs like Dragon's Dogma, Tales of..., etc don't see a PC release. But these games are fantastic, and well worth owning a console for. I don't own many console games, but the ones I do would easily be put onto a list of my favorite games, with a few exceptions (looking at you, FFXIII).

If those console exclusives were suddenly ported to PC, I'd probably be PC master race all the way, but they aren't, so I play on, and enjoy, both.
Jul 22, 2014 11:24 PM

Nov 2008
Krenzin said:
1. Steam/GOG - With Steam/GOG sales, PC games are abundant and cheap, and if a new game is multi-platform, chances are I'm buying it on Steam. If it's PC exclusive, I'm still probably buying it on Steam.
You should periodically check out Green Man Gaming and Humble Bundle too. I've gotten a lot of my Steam keys and my single purchased Uplay key there, all at more than 66 percent off.
Tsun_Pooka said:
Valaskjalf said:

Objectively both have their pros and cons. None are better than the other fully, but each is better than the other in some things. Get this harsh truth to your skull.
For me, the only thing consoles have over PCs are the few interesting exclusives that can't be easily emulated. I rarely find them to be more convenient, something people always bring up as a pro.

Jul 23, 2014 2:12 AM
Nov 2009
Tsun_Pooka said:
Lucumo said:

Cables are always going to be mess.
There are no guarantees that all the PC games you're going to buy is going to run better and look better with the current hardware. Usually these PC games you overhype are really unoptimized, though loading times, I can give you that. It is still a sub par experience if you're gonna make it a console, but hey, PCs are supposed to be PCs, not consoles.

Nah, research takes more than just a minute. You'd need to know a good processor, a good GPU and a motherboard to combine them while also keeping enough budget for the rest of the computer. Stop making PC building look easier than it actually is.

You have to admit there were games that never run on high settings well. Unoptimized games lurk on the PC a lot more than you think. Not dealing with unoptimized games or this whole settings fiasco is an advantage for the consoles, clearly.

You would only need one though. And I guess it's already possible to stream to your TV in this day and age anyway.
There is no guarantee, you are right. Dark Souls wasn't optimized but the PC community did well to remove several flaws and make it a really good experience.
You said: "[...]consoles don't force that you research what kind of hardware do you need to run an optimized game...". So you referred to the games themselves, as far as I understood it. If you are talking about buying a PC...you can always just simply buy one from a store. Those parts are sure to work well with each other.
There are unoptimized games on both sides on the river. Those can be AA and AAA titles. The advantage the PC has, modders can fix a lot of things. On a console you have less freedom, so you can easily be stuck with such a game. Also, this has nothing to do with settings then.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

13 by Yuno »»
4 hours ago

» How old is your computer? ( 1 2 3 4 )

CastletonSnob - Mar 12, 2021

152 by ScaryOwl »»
8 hours ago

» Favourite licensed game? Based on a book, anime, card, movie/tv, board, comic, poem, etc. first before a video game

Suntanned_Duck2 - Dec 26, 2021

14 by fleurbleue »»
10 hours ago

» Sad state of gaming series. Any series you like that fell into a abyss?

rohan121 - Aug 27

28 by Luc36 »»
11 hours ago

» What's the most obscure game you've ever played?

karioka- - Aug 16

27 by walktheplank »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.