3It was OK
19.0%
2Disliked it
5.0%
1Hated it
3.8%
Average 4.1
416 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2011 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back to school.

The long hair girl (voiced by Aya Endo), helping Shu? She's actually an enemy?

lol~@ one of the question... military are homo?

A girl helping her catch up with school work.

Inori said she's staying with Shu, and Haruka doesn't mind?

Shu is shy about hugged by Haruka is cute.

Party in boat that Haruka and long hair girl are participating is where the group is going mission? lol~ Gai is such a play boy. Missile from the enemy/military?

A "magic" that Gai changed to Shu, who got her weapon to stop missile. Like fireworks! So nice! And the contract is also set.

With that it seems like the long hair girl, being tsundere, falls in love.

Shu's having fun, according to Inori. The pink hair girl in the photo looks like Inori...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 24, 2011 9:54 AM
Nov 2011
So uhh
Shu's allowed to go back to school.
GHQ allowing him to
Terrorists have no rights
What?
KigenNov 24, 2011 6:35 PM
Nov 24, 2011 9:56 AM

Jul 2011
Whoa nothing says tactical like lucking out on the void you pull out. Nothing says tactical like a musclehead holding the rank of a Colonel. Nothing says logical like missiles turning into fireworks. And nothing says character development like incessant and redundant fan service (true, I think Inori's personality is developing from a sex slave into an easy whore).

Overall, truly the epitome of great storytelling.

2/5, Great OST.

Blonde class president truly is perfect at everything. I mean, nothing says I obviously fainted like a foggy memory of what happened. Obviously, there couldn't have been a possibility of anything suspicious happening; it's not like her last recollections includes the phrases "I'm happy to be your first" and "I'm about to cast a spell on you."

mdzNov 25, 2011 10:33 PM
Nov 24, 2011 10:41 AM
Sep 2009
Okay... Although I found this episode boring, it seems that shu's mom is not his real mother since he called her "Haruka" Also, the flashback girl is most likely shu's step-sister and the daughter of haruka. I wonder what haruka is protecting shu from.

Again, why did inori went to another mood swing because she seems to be nicer and happier around shu when Gai is not around.

There is another person on the picture on the far left next to that girl. Gai maybe???

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
chinolalNov 24, 2011 11:06 AM
Nov 24, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
Another excellent episode. With fan service. As much as I liked seeing the new girl Arisa naked and in shower in the spoiler
along with some fan service of Shu's mother I though it was useless and random crap sent towards me. Moreover the way Shu acted around his mother looked to me like some insight into like he was infatuated with his mother, particularly when she hugged him and him blushing in the following,

Weird reaction. Despite all that the action was good. More later.
Yumekichi11Nov 24, 2011 8:07 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 24, 2011 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
yea, i think too haruka is not shu's real mother. and im curious tht pink haired girl at photo, maybe she was first 'guilty crown' before and now haruka wants to protect shu from it.

there wasnt any action this ep though. 3/5

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Nov 24, 2011 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
LOL haruka remind of some one in depna onna lol :P
Nov 24, 2011 11:08 AM

Oct 2010
MillonzKub said:
LOL haruka remind of some one in depna onna lol :P
Except she does not have the age and EPICness of Meme. Right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 24, 2011 11:11 AM

Jul 2010
Except she does not have the age and EPICness of Meme. Right?

haha yeah :D !!!
MillonzKubNov 24, 2011 11:16 AM
Nov 24, 2011 11:12 AM

Aug 2011
a good episode, did enjoy it, even though they're wasn't to much action.
Haruka, to me, doesn't seem like Shu's mother for some reason :/
Anyways, that ending picture was 0_0!!! Can't wait for the next ep!!! >_<
Nov 24, 2011 11:21 AM

Apr 2011
I love the synced missiles launching xD! and wth O_O the photo at the end??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2011 11:24 AM
Jun 2009
I am really loved Gai and Arisa's all scene^^seems like Gai liked her.
Her void like sun ,very eye-catching. Kuhouin group make deal Funeral Parlor .
kickyourselfNov 24, 2011 1:33 PM

Nov 24, 2011 11:37 AM

Aug 2009
OMGGG.. ITS SHERYL FROM MACROSS FRONTIER!! XDD

btw, is that girl in the picture at the end of the episode baby Inori? ;O
Nov 24, 2011 11:41 AM
Sep 2009
Matou said:
I am really loved Gai and Arisa's all scene^^seems like Gai liked her.
Her void like sun ,very eye-catching. Kuhouin group make deal Funeral Parlor .

It is more trying to manipulate her rather than like her. Gai obviously planned out the missiles. Since arisa is the next heir to that big corporation against GHQ, gai is going to use her as a pawn for his schemes.

Lulexiaa said:
OMGGG.. ITS SHERYL FROM MACROSS FRONTIER!! XDD

btw, is that girl in the picture at the end of the episode baby Inori? ;O

Baby??? To me the one that looks like a baby is shu. The girl seems to be much older than shu in that picture. So, that can't be inori is shu and her are the same age.
chinolalNov 24, 2011 11:44 AM
Nov 24, 2011 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
Surprise!!! His moms a milf : p .......ofcourse

Anywhoo... How is it possible for Shu to go back to school, let alone home? You'd think the military would be monitoring both of those places.

meh 3/5
Nov 24, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2011
so ummm, Shu and Inori are back to normal???? did episode 5 happen at all???? does our failure for a MC learn nothing???? all in all, it was an okish episode, thts bout it.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 24, 2011 11:48 AM

Nov 2011
Quick thoughts.

Not sure what to make of Haruka, but I liked the scenes with her and Shu together. It seems that she knows who Inori is from that last scene.

At least they didn't gloss over the consequences of Shu's Public Arrest by GHQ. There are students who are openly suspecious of Shu. I liked the class president standing up for Shu and trying to help him. I liked the look on Inori's face when Shu was being taunted by those students. It was nice to see Shu's friends reaction to his return and them helping him catch up on the school work he's missed.

Using Anit-Aircraft Missiles to attack a ship. (Shakes Head) Looked like the containers that Patriot Missiles are housed in. That type of warhead will make a mess of things, lots and lots of shrapnel, but won't shatter the hull or break the keel. Didn't really make much sense, but cool visuals and Shu gets to be the Hero.

Didn't like the 'You must abandon ship, save yourselves' instructions that Tsugumi was giving. The Heroic Funeral Parlour shouldn't abandon people like that. Of Course with Haruka there, Shu wasn't going to just leave her to die.

Again, Gai has manipulated things. It is heavily implied that he was the source of leak. He created the danger and then saves the day. The result, Funeral Parlour now has a supply line and an ally against GHQ.

All and all, this was one of the better episodes. Not great, but better then what we've seen. Hopefully, this will continue with future episodes.

What do you think?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Nov 24, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
All i know is this was the best episode. Shu didnt act like a pussy but he will forever be one. LOL

At least the episode was entertaining all the way through.

Still dont get why he went back to school but oh well.

That guy that betrayed Shu will make a combat.
Nov 24, 2011 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
RANDOM THOUGHT: Am I the only one who thought immediately "SUNOHARAAA". I was replaying the Clannad Visual novel game couple of days ago ^^;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2011 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Naxrrhid said:
so ummm, Shu and Inori are back to normal???? did episode 5 happen at all???? does our failure for a MC learn nothing????

This. I mean, one would expect to see some distance between them.
And I still can't bring myself to like Inori. Will see if it changes after a few weeks.

About the episode, it was a normal one. Not great, but not a failure either. Would like to see more action next week.
Nov 24, 2011 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
That Dan fellow was such a Maito Gai wannabe. guts! And what happened to Shu's trauma from ep 5

Http://Animuthoughts.blogspot.com/ has more pics and thoughts
Nov 24, 2011 12:52 PM
Nov 2009
seriously they might as well make gai the main character because their not doing anything with shu at all. shu is just the dues ex machina for every episode where he pulls out someones void that can easily save the day.
Nov 24, 2011 12:56 PM
Mar 2011
Ohw I love the episode *-*

But Haruka is kinda strange xD I wonder what she really is :3

I like Arisa x Gai by the way. It looks like a nice couple (she's a little bit Tsundere, isn't she? xD)!

Inori and Shu... arwww like a dreamteam *-*

It's good too see more normal episodes. I'm sure at the end of the Anime we'll have more action scences.

All in all

5/5
(because I enjoyed every minute *-*)

Nov 24, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2011
Loved this episode!

Gai is so awesome! Shu seems to start being awesome too, mostly when Gai is around with him.

Loved that Dan guy, his personality is really cool and funny. And also loved the missile dance! Wondering if that classical piece will be part of the OST, cause I loved it!

Haruka seems like... a interesting mother. Mother or stepmother, Shu seems to care a lot about her.

And Gai and the President... now that was awesome! Gai sure knows how to handle his speeches. " You suck at letting people spoil you" and her reaction... awesome!

Inori and Shu are also a great team and couple.

Overall, loved this episode, like any other episode so far! Guilty Crown is a awesome series, that's for sure!
Nov 24, 2011 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Highlights of this episode:
1) MC's mom is a milf
2) Gai is a fucking pimp
3) American guy is funny as fuck
4) Classical music scene
side note: This is what a lot of people are saying which I noticed myself as well. Inconsistency between the relationship of MC and Inori. After what happened in ep 5 they should have a falling out, yet they're completely normal with each other like the scene in ep 5 never happened.
Nov 24, 2011 1:09 PM

Dec 2010
Why are everyone think the girl from the last picture is Inori?
I think we all already know that there is another girl look alike Inori was exist.

so who is interested with this 'goodwill citizen'?
by any chance is it Gai?
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Nov 24, 2011 1:14 PM

Aug 2011
onurfener said:
Naxrrhid said:
so ummm, Shu and Inori are back to normal???? did episode 5 happen at all???? does our failure for a MC learn nothing????

This. I mean, one would expect to see some distance between them.
And I still can't bring myself to like Inori. Will see if it changes after a few weeks.

About the episode, it was a normal one. Not great, but not a failure either. Would like to see more action next week.

Exactly what i was thinking..., when he grabbed her hand, while they were at school..., i was like wtf happened in episode 5??? i was hoping for a bit of distance between Inori and Shu, and atleast something to show us that Inori truly cares for Shu and fights to get back by his side...., but what did we get??? Inori and Shu go back to playing house like normal..., and episode 5 just happened to full space.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Nov 24, 2011 1:14 PM

Jul 2009
Oh what an ironical episode. In the end I was like 'Eh?' I'm looking forward to some more explanations and plot now. ô.o

Also: Gai in a SUIT and tied hair *q*
and Segai aka Scarface sleeping through the whole attack xD
This guy makes me chuckle :)
[.center] [./center]
Nov 24, 2011 1:18 PM

Jun 2011
Was a rather nice episode. :)
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Nov 24, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
IT'S SHERYL NOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 24, 2011 1:43 PM

Nov 2009
Is the military really full of gays?

Awesome question, Scarface!
- I'm Segai.

The missiles together with the music was WIN! xD
Gai is so awesome.
Nov 24, 2011 1:50 PM
Nov 2010
Well, it was a really good work done by Gai...:)
The picture in the end made me interested...
I am also not sure of how Shu can keep going with his normal life...
Nov 24, 2011 1:51 PM
Oct 2011
It was a nice episode IMO :)
So now we know exactly how Gai can be that cool, he can see people's voids and find out their personality (thus he can deduct weaknesses and such).

Ah, the GHQ colonel has my respect.
Nov 24, 2011 1:56 PM

Oct 2011
I felt this episode was kind of silly. It didn't really advance the story that much.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Nov 24, 2011 2:00 PM

Jun 2010
The episode was just boring and silly.

1. So we learn that by 95%, Haruka is not the real mother of Shu but most likely some sort of guardian. And her behavior is so similar to Misato's from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

2. Once again, we see Shu being on good terms with Inori. So the whole thing that Inori said, "It was Gai who told me to say those words to you and act that way" seems invalid for now. So there wasn't much of a point in that and we still see that Shu is very naive and he hasn't changed since Yahiro's betrayal.

3. Gai can't be 17. His disguises, his plans, his knowledge... I guess he wants to be Reinhard.

4. Again, another void saved the situation and it seems that the show will be going with this pace-- Each episode Shu will extract a void and they will defeat the bad guys.

5. Indeed, the girl who looks like Inori was much older than Shu, probably a little younger than Haruka.

Next episode looks again boring and silly.
Nov 24, 2011 2:46 PM
Sep 2008
People keep wondering how Shu can just go back to his normal life, around 17 or 18 mins in ep 6 explains it. (Gai and Segai's exchange)

DAT PIC!
Nov 24, 2011 2:56 PM

Nov 2011
Articman said:

Again, Gai has manipulated things. It is heavily implied that he was the source of leak. He created the danger and then saves the day. The result, Funeral Parlour now has a supply line and an ally against GHQ.

Well I guess that's all Gai has ever been about and he did admit in prev episode that he must put a mask and play the role of the leader because people want and need someone to do it. You know... once you gave someone your trust vote you have to stick with it. I'm just having the feeling that Gai is rather playing the martyr role at times, literally. Or I am being manipulated as well hrhrhrhr

Nice episode though, I hope I'll live till the day I'll be able to watch the whole season in one day.

Only complaint is... maybe I am being affected by the anime i am currentlyw atching beside GC, but this episode was totally misleading regarding Shu, he had absolutely NO facial expression >.<
Nov 24, 2011 3:30 PM

Jan 2011
Herp derp *i'm gonna try make more plotholes!* anyho i enjoyed it at first i thought they were gonna go for a more serious tone this epsiode but then it turned into a more filer episode since the main goal for FP was to get Funds which they did in the end,liked the new Characters Lol seems dan is the only person Daryl will listen to without Freaking out.

But Dat ending hmm~
Nov 24, 2011 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was so stupid that it was funny.

First Dan is awesome. Maybe not credible as a villain but he's entertaining.
Haruka is nice (milf are love).
And the shield turning missiles in fireworks was silly.

I didn't really like Arisa she's so cliche it hurts. Then again we're watching Guilty Crown.

3/5, this episode is a 2/5, +2 for Dan, +1 for Haruka -2 for Arisa.
Nov 24, 2011 4:07 PM
May 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
IT'S SHERYL NOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, my reaction
I think I just ended up shipping Gai with Arisa because they share seiyuus with Alto and Sheryl.
Nov 24, 2011 4:17 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode, wasn't epic in any way but it was still enjoyable. Haruka isn't Shu's real mother isn't that surprising since she did act in weird ways lol. Inori, god damn she's so cute but what the hell happened with 'Gai told me to do that' stuff in episode 5? Could it be Cocytus is awakening within her sooner? =D Also, dayum Gai is manly, that is all.

Last few seconds of the episode showing a picture of that girl that looks like Inori who I believe is Cocytus, young Shu and young Haruka sure makes me curious. Plot development next episode pl0x! xD
Nov 24, 2011 4:34 PM
Dec 2007
Very nice episode once again, with a lot of scenaristic flaws but at the same time really well directed and above all, so f***ing cool !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 24, 2011 5:08 PM

Dec 2007
Lots of GUTS in this episode. >;D

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Nov 24, 2011 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
....I don't think I've seen more trolling in an episode from any series, ever. Captain-America, launching missiles..sideways, the explosions/fireworks...there better be some decapitations next episode. 10/10.
Nov 24, 2011 5:46 PM

Feb 2010
Def shipping Gai and Arisa. They make a hot couple.
Nov 24, 2011 5:51 PM
Dec 2009
sigh, still disliking Gai, but I know something will happen again between them, Gai and Shu..
Not liking how the main heroine isn't getting the girls, especially when he doesn't have confidence in himself, its pretty annoying.
Must be easy for Gai to control girls, especially since he can see their true selves..
tag©.androgynous
Nov 24, 2011 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Shields + Missiles = Fireworks.

Shu "mom" is a MILF and a nice Milf,Dan guy is funny,calling Segai "Scarface"was hilarious.

Inori and Shu looks like their relation is back to normal also back to school to get question by everyone and yes.....all in the military are gay O.o

Gai being a bad ass not only he seduce Arisa(we will probably see more of her) also use Shu again to get what he wants,he being the upstanding citizen that give the report.

Now the last photo as many people say she is not his mother i am that sure,she probably knows he is working with "The Undertakers" and also she knows who the girl in pink is and probably also who Inori really is but there is still a lot to go so i can be sure yet...we will see.

Btw amazing score using "The Waltz of the Flowers".
raxius1230Nov 24, 2011 5:59 PM
Nov 24, 2011 6:07 PM

Aug 2011
nah ... still great animation, artstyle, music ... that's about it :-(
Nov 24, 2011 6:12 PM

Oct 2010
So there childhood friends or something???
Nov 24, 2011 6:28 PM

Feb 2010
Shitty Crown.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.