3It was OK
11.2%
2Disliked it
2.9%
1Hated it
4.9%
Average 4.3
206 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2011 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
hmmm how should I feel about the ending? It was great but at the same time it kinda sucks.

At least the love triangle is resolved!

Overall great movie 10/10
SoFarGoneFeb 26, 2011 1:58 PM
Feb 26, 2011 8:59 PM
Feb 2011

Feb 26, 2011 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
yea at the end Sheryl moved a bit.
Feb 27, 2011 8:55 AM

Jun 2009
I've just read some dangerous spoilers, damn. Waiting for subs.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2011 6:11 PM
Feb 2011
The movie is on theaters. The BluRay or DVD won't come out in months...

This fanart:

Mar 3, 2011 9:10 AM

Feb 2009
Typical Kawamori ending.
Mar 3, 2011 8:29 PM
Feb 2011
That was my reaction. Kawamori has been fond of bittersweet endings since the mid-late 90s.
Mar 4, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2009
Taking into account that M7 and MF(TV) didn't have a proper ending at all, this is a huge improvement.
Mar 4, 2011 2:09 PM
Feb 2011
Kawamori wanted to end it. The scriptwriter (Yoshino, wasn't he?) thought they'll delay the triangle resolution for a while.
Mar 8, 2011 12:16 AM

Dec 2007
Finally got around to watching the movie yesterday, and I was greatly pleased.
While there seems to be mixed feelings about the ending among some fans, I thought that it was very well done. The love triangle was resolved in a satisfying way, and in contrast to the ending of the TV series, the ending left a quite deep impression this time around.

All in all, I can say that I enjoyed the movies more than the TV series, which is quite a feat since I loved the TV series aswell.

About the end,
yakisobapanMar 8, 2011 2:40 AM
Mar 8, 2011 1:14 AM

Dec 2007
double post because of the lag -_-
yakisobapanMar 8, 2011 3:14 AM
Mar 14, 2011 4:21 PM

Mar 2008
Sheryl x Alto is practically a given in my eyes (who would want to be in love with Ranka, honestly? I don't find any attractiveness in her as a woman...except some moe -.-)

What happened to Mikhail x Klan?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2011 11:00 PM

Apr 2010
I gave up with Macross after the two movies. My favourite character is still Ranka I'm glad she didn't end up with Alto cuz Alto and Sheryl both irked me so I didn't care if it was an AltoxSheryl ending.
Never ignore a person who loves you, cares for you, and misses you. Because one day, you might wake up from your sleep and realize that you lost the moon while counting the stars.
Mar 25, 2011 9:44 AM
Feb 2011
kaminakun said:
Sheryl x Alto is practically a given in my eyes (who would want to be in love with Ranka, honestly? I don't find any attractiveness in her as a woman...except some moe -.-)

Sheryl x Alto was a given because all the other Macross triangles that were two girls x one guy had the same kind of winner: the neesan tsundere.

kaminakun said:
What happened to Mikhail x Klan?

Apr 9, 2011 6:37 PM

Jan 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9-2quCQIQ :(
Apr 10, 2011 6:02 PM
Feb 2011
Werchiel said:

Animedia has an interview with Shôji Kawamori about the movie.

Source kresphy @ Macross world.

The gist is:

Note I'm translating my impressions and not literal quotes (except in some sides).
LoveDriftsAwayApr 10, 2011 6:09 PM
Apr 11, 2011 12:15 AM

Jan 2008
Yea about that poster
Apr 13, 2011 1:34 AM
Feb 2011
Werchiel said:
Yea about that poster

Which poster are you... saying? Kiss in the Galaxy one is this one:

Edit: And the commemorative end of the triangle one in Macross Ace is this:

LoveDriftsAwayApr 15, 2011 5:12 PM
Apr 19, 2011 5:42 AM
Feb 2011
After watching the first movie last night and reading the posts here, I'm honestly glad that Alto didn't choose Ranka. Because as much as I love the little green-haired Cinderella, I thought she was just too good for the "hime". Also, she still has a lot of years to look forward to in music and in love. She'll find someone to love.... Just you guys wait for the next Macross series (30-year anniversary?)!! xDD

But yeah, I still can't wait to watch the (subbed) movie! >w<
Apr 21, 2011 5:45 PM
Feb 2011
Neither Ranka nor Sheryl are "too good" for Alto. The three have strong dynamics. He cherishes both of them in different ways: one as a friend while the other as a lover. The girls also adore and support each other: they even have a song -Tablet - which each pleads to Alto to pay attention to the feelings of their rival.

I can't wait for the 30th Anniversary. I hope that this time there is a pilot girl in the triangle.
LoveDriftsAwayApr 21, 2011 5:49 PM
Jun 26, 2011 12:03 AM

Oct 2010
Nah, I say Alto x Ranka. Unlike Sheryl, I find Ranka being much more in high spirits. Sheryl may be more mature than Ranka but if it was not for Ranka Sheryl would have died.

So I still support Alto x Ranka because without her, there would not be a Sheryl. Remember that one

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 28, 2011 9:14 AM

May 2009
Yeah...and Sheryl saved Ranka when she pushed the younger girl to safety in a space vaccum instead of herself.

And what does your preferred ship have to do with it? That because Ranka is a savior, she deserves the love trophy? Pretty fucking stupid.
Jun 28, 2011 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
steshin said:
Yeah...and Sheryl saved Ranka when she pushed the younger girl to safety in a space vaccum instead of herself.

And what does your preferred ship have to do with it? That because Ranka is a savior, she deserves the love trophy? Pretty fucking stupid.
No but because Ranka saved Sheryl, Sheryl should owe her. That the very least she would accept Alto being worthy of her because herself she was weak.

I might have stupid reasoning but I think saving the life of someone far out pawns the rest and that includes the order. I think that if Ranka did a much bigger gesture to save Sheryl she deserves better.

Jun 28, 2011 11:29 PM

Aug 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
steshin said:

No but because Ranka saved Sheryl, Sheryl should owe her. That the very least she would accept Alto being worthy of her because herself she was weak.

I might have stupid reasoning but I think saving the life of someone far out pawns the rest and that includes the order. I think that if Ranka did a much bigger gesture to save Sheryl she deserves better.

You're forgetting to keep in mind that a relationship requires two sides, and in this case, Alto <-> Sheryl while Alto<-Ranka.

Btw, Sheryl and Ranka saved each other. Also, saving someone's life to justify a pairing choice is weak reasoning.
Sasusaku OTP~
Oldrivalshipping FTW~

Jun 28, 2011 11:43 PM
May 2011
people bitching about love triangles like it was the whole show, well sadly it kinda was, thats why i consider this the worst macross yet, AND DONT START BITCHING TO ME ABOUT IT,

i dont give a fuck that you guys liked it or not, im saying i thought this show was a peice of crap, thats MY oppinion
Jun 29, 2011 12:48 AM

Oct 2010
lalalagirl said:
Yumekichi11 said:
steshin said:

You're forgetting to keep in mind that a relationship requires two sides, and in this case, Alto <-> Sheryl while Alto<-Ranka.

Btw, Sheryl and Ranka saved each other. Also, saving someone's life to justify a pairing choice is weak reasoning.
Well other than that, Ranka has in her a interesting race mixture that may benefit Alto's side of things. Most of his family are humans.

Perhaps the notion of starting a new generation may be plausible enough as a reasoning. Sheryl is more human if I am correct. At least when she was born.

Jul 3, 2011 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
WHERE CAN YOU WATCH THIS MOVIE?? T__T
IM DYING! T____T
Jul 4, 2011 11:10 PM
Feb 2011
"Ranka saving Sheryl".

Sheryl saved Ranka first. This is a peculiar thing some fans forget. Ranka is mimicking Sheryl, her idol, her big sister and mentor. This doesn't make her inferior, but definitely doesn't have Sheryl in her "debt".

TV series: Sheryl wanted to save Ranka and convinced Alto to do this, lending him the earring for the task. Alto wanted to kill Ranka for his love of Frontier. And was going to, in fact. Without Sheryl's actions, her agonizing song or the earing, Ranka would have been nuked out of oblivion. Ranka returned the favor by curing her disease.

Movie wise: When Ranka is in danger and kidnapped, Sheryl sings to help Alto rescue her in the first movie. When Sheryl is imprisoned. Ranka throws a concert to help Alto rescue her.

When they are sucked into space, Sheryl throws away her chance of survival (by going into the safety of Alto's arms) to push the unconscious Ranka towards him while Alto dramatically screamed her name.

At the end, Ranka gives her a blood transfusion, saving her life from the disease and slowly restoring her health.

Kawamori had put emphasis on their bond and understanding. He talks about it as if it was more important than their career or Alto. Do not use it as argument to prove any side of the pairing.

Because their tie goes beyond Alto or song. This is canon.

Yumekichi11 said:
Well other than that, Ranka has in her a interesting race mixture that may benefit Alto's side of things. Most of his family are humans.

Perhaps the notion of starting a new generation may be plausible enough as a reasoning. Sheryl is more human if I am correct. At least when she was born.

That makes little sense from a romantic POV and contradicts all notions of Macross love triangles. It's fine if you like the couple more, which the majority of the target audience (Japanese market) seems to revile it. Sheryl/Ranka, Alto/Michael and Brera/Ranka are all more popular than Alto/Ranka among Macross F in Japan (Alto/Sheryl has a gargantuan popularity to be mentioned).

Have many seen this from Sheryl Visual Collection (FINAL):

I hope this puts the nail in the coffin of denial.
LoveDriftsAwayJul 4, 2011 11:25 PM
Jul 4, 2011 11:29 PM

Oct 2010
LoveDriftsAway said:
"Ranka saving Sheryl".

Sheryl saved Ranka first. This is a peculiar thing some fans forget. Ranka is mimicking Sheryl, her idol, her big sister and mentor. This doesn't make her inferior, but definitely doesn't have Sheryl in her "debt".

TV series: Sheryl wanted to save Ranka and convinced Alto to do this, lending him the earring for the task. Alto wanted to kill Ranka for his love of Frontier. And was going to, in fact. Without Sheryl's actions, her agonizing song or the earing, Ranka would have been nuked out of oblivion. Ranka returned the favor by curing her disease.

Movie wise: When Ranka is in danger and kidnapped, Sheryl sings to help Alto rescue her in the first movie. When Sheryl is imprisoned. Ranka throws a concert to help Alto rescue her.

When they are sucked into space, Sheryl throws away her chance of survival (by going into the safety of Alto's arms) to push the unconscious Ranka towards him while Alto dramatically screamed her name.

At the end, Ranka gives her a blood transfusion, saving her life from the disease and slowly restoring her health.

Kawamori had put emphasis on their bond and understanding. He talks about it as if it was more important than their career or Alto. Do not use it as argument to prove any side of the pairing.

Because their tie goes beyond Alto or song. This is canon.

Yumekichi11 said:

That makes little sense from a romantic POV and contradicts all notions of Macross love triangles. It's fine if you like the couple more, which the majority of the target audience (Japanese market) seems to revile it. Sheryl/Ranka, Alto/Michael and Brera/Ranka are all more popular than Alto/Ranka among Macross F in Japan (Alto/Sheryl has a gargantuan popularity to be mentioned).

Have many seen this from Sheryl Visual Collection (FINAL):

I hope this puts the nail in the coffin of denial.
That still does not deny the fact that without Ranka there would be no Sheryl because she would die of that illness.

I though Alto has or has something of Ranka also.

Jul 5, 2011 11:35 AM

May 2009
Sheryl and Ranka have a respectable relationship and bond, which imho is ten times stronger in the movies. Yes, they saved each other a lot of times, but what the fuck does that have to do with getting the guy? Sheryl has to give Alto to Ranka (despite the guy being in love with Sheryl) out of obligation that she saved her?

WTF is that?

So going by that beautiful logic, if my friend who has a crush on my boyfriend saved my life, I'd repay her by letting her have him? Wow. Mind...blown!

And Alto would prefer Ranka because she is an exotic mix?

Again...WTFBBQ is that?

Geezuz. Next we'll have someone crying about how Kawamori was forced into an Alto/Sheryl ending by---oh wait: (http://bleach-od.livejournal.com/15601.html).

Some Alto/Ranka fans are just..something.
steshinJul 5, 2011 11:48 AM
Jul 5, 2011 3:24 PM
Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
That still does not deny the fact that without Ranka there would be no Sheryl because she would die of that illness.

I though Alto has or has something of Ranka also.

Without Sheryl there wouldn't be Ranka either. She would have died earlier than Sheryl. What's your point?

Alto rejected her in a romantic sense. She's just a good friend to him.

steshin said:
Geezuz. Next we'll have someone crying about how Kawamori was forced into an Alto/Sheryl ending by---oh wait: (http://bleach-od.livejournal.com/15601.html).

Who is that nutter? Hikaru didn't interact Misa in the flesh until after he met Minmay (like Alto and Sheryl). Verbal smacking was handled without contact like catching a glimpse of Sheryl had no interaction. The scene Hikaru formally met Minmay is the same with the scene Alto met Ranka.

Are they deluded?
LoveDriftsAwayJul 5, 2011 3:31 PM
Jul 5, 2011 7:39 PM

May 2009
That, my friend, is just some of the Alto/Ranka fans who twist any fact to make their ship seem like the canon one. And it's been annoying how they make Kawamori seem like a die-hard Ranka fan who was pressured into making Alto/Sheryl the canon one.

The Macross F Appreciation Festival actually proved otherwise. Based on the report:

<snipped>

".... Toyoguchi apologized to everyone for not being able to make it in person, before posing a question for Kawamori:

In the end, was he a Ranka fan or a Sheryl fan?

The crowd went completely silent and watched as Kawamori squirmed in his seat for a moment, saying that while he was fond of both characters, he previously might have replied Sheryl, but now…turns to Inoue (Grace's seiyuu)… is a Grace fan! Totally understandable what with Grace now being 17 and all, right? "

This reply was after Inoue funnily claimed to be eternally 17.
steshinJul 6, 2011 2:20 AM
Jul 5, 2011 8:17 PM
Feb 2011
I should have clarified the official meeting in episode 2 (for Minmay and for Ranka).

Do you have the full festival script?

He modified Grace in the movie and the Sheryl manga he supervised. She's lovely and likable.
Jul 6, 2011 2:19 AM

May 2009
The link to the full entry is here: (http://gabrielarobin.com/4490/macross-f-appreciation-festival-report). :)
Oh and that big nutter (forgot to mention) is bleach_od, a big diehard Alto/Ranka fan, quite notorious especially in the Bleach fandoms. Not surprising considering the rabid craziness.
steshinJul 6, 2011 2:25 AM
Jul 20, 2011 3:59 AM
Jul 2011
people, where did u watch the first and second movie??? i cant find either of them!! pls help me!
Jul 22, 2011 7:52 PM

Nov 2010
sofiasa said:
people, where did u watch the first and second movie??? i cant find either of them!! pls help me!

Google is your friend.
I play, the haters lose.
Jul 26, 2011 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
Im glad i always shipped Brera x Ranka XD Wincest;D otherwise i would be extremely pissed now to see Sheryl x Alto.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Aug 4, 2011 5:36 PM

Mar 2010
Orulyon said:
Im glad i always shipped Brera x Ranka XD Wincest;D otherwise i would be extremely pissed now to see Sheryl x Alto.

As far as the tone and style of the ending song can be trusted Ranka is going to end up as the girl with eternal, unrequited love (poor thing). That is unless they indirectly introduce someone to her life in next Macross series like Frontier did with Mao

Having said that, the film is a masterpiece
XardieAug 4, 2011 5:58 PM
Aug 4, 2011 8:09 PM

Jun 2010
Xardie said:
Orulyon said:

As far as the tone and style of the ending song can be trusted Ranka is going to end up as the girl with eternal, unrequited love (poor thing). That is unless they indirectly introduce someone to her life in next Macross series like Frontier did with Mao

NO! He can't die!! He is my fave character. Well to all the people who thinks AltoxRanka is better than AltoxSheryl. You are the best people. I think Sheryl needs to get a life. Ranka is way better than Sheryl! Aimo belongs to Ranka only.
Aug 6, 2011 3:11 PM
Feb 2011
You can still have Brera/Ranka in Sheryl manga, yuuki_yukimori.

You're also being silly. Sheryl needs to "get a life" because Alto loves her and not Ranka? Please. Ranka's a great friend and a cute sister figure, but she's not girlfriend material yet. There is someone else there for her. Alto didn't pay her enough attention, like he did to Sheryl.

About the songs: Ranka sings a lot of Sheryl's songs (and Minmay's songs), including the one she was discovered with (What 'bout my Star?). It's only fair Sheryl gets some of her songs too.

In particular when the song isn't Ranka's, but discovered by Mao Nome (Sheryl's grandmother) and sung by Ranka's mother.

The end song is written by Sheryl with her own blood (The Wings of Goodbye), anyway.

Although I think Sheryl's singing in Aimo is as bad as Ranka's singing Diamond Crevasse. It doesn't fit them at all.
Aug 6, 2011 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
yuuki_yukimori said:
Xardie said:
Orulyon said:

NO! He can't die!! He is my fave character. Well to all the people who thinks AltoxRanka is better than AltoxSheryl. You are the best people. I think Sheryl needs to get a life. Ranka is way better than Sheryl! Aimo belongs to Ranka only.
I totally agree with this person and he made my day. Sheryl has absolutely jack shit to offer DNA wise to Alto other than beauty while Ranka has that and variations with another race. So screw you Sheryl. Sheryl seriously has beauty and that's about it! Ranka can do much more than her and I am sure! She can be independent and Sheryl gave the impression that she could not. Especially when Grace left her.

Aug 6, 2011 5:24 PM
Feb 2011
The childish sour graping is always entertaining.

DNA wise? That's the silliest "argument" I've seen. Sheryl is the last Nome. That outranks anything else DNA-wise. Go watch Macross Zero: their bloodline is important for the foundations of the franchise. That role Ranka played in Bird Human? Sheryl's grandmother.

Ranka is only part Zentraedi. There's nothing special in this. Michael is part Zentran too. There are many of them, but only one Nome left (unless Sara returns from wherever she is).

Both of them now have the Vajra bacteria in their system. So that is a moot point. Whether Ranka was born with it means her mom was infected while she was pregnant, nothing about her gene pool. Sheryl was infected later in her childhood.
Aug 9, 2011 5:53 AM

May 2009
The DNA thing is absolutely...FUCKING HILARIOUS. Not only that, but STUPID.

Seriously, go to fanon and move on. But if you want to continue being butthurt Alto/Ranka fans that go "OMG, Alto loves Sheryl the slut when Ranka is the best!!!111!!! StO0pid b1tch!!" and try to pick the dumbest arguments, then by all means, go ahead, at least it will be ENTERTAINING.

@LoveDriftsAway, isn't Michael half-Zolan? Or is that just the same thing? XD
Aug 15, 2011 4:14 PM

Mar 2010
Zolans are humanoid aliens native to the planet seen in Macross Dynamite 7 so yes, they are different species from Zentraedi (they're also naturally micron-sized if I understood things correctly, there was one guy who had made himself Zentran side for very specific purpose but he was exception).

I can't remember for life of me whether Mikhail was human/zentraedi, human/zolan or human/zentraedi/zolan in terms of genetic heritance though. I'm pretty sure some zolan blood was involved. Any combination would explain his looks anyway...

LoveDriftsAway said:

You're also being silly. Sheryl needs to "get a life" because Alto loves her and not Ranka? Please. Ranka's a great friend and a cute sister figure, but she's not girlfriend material yet. There is someone else there for her. Alto didn't pay her enough attention, like he did to Sheryl.

"Yet"? Alto was never attracted to Ranka beyond short bouts of flustered sexual attraction (most notably Ranka pulling that flirty and teasing Minmay move on him during the beach date before she herself got embarrased over it :P) which was nothing but natural, instinctual male reaction to a pretty girl... reaction that evaporated the moment he got his act together after initial surprise/shock. It's clear Alto never was attracted to Ranka and I really don't see how that would change in future without Ranka magically turning into Sheryl Mk II and the first one disappearing (inb4 crazy yandere Ranka fanfics). It's established Alto doesn't care about girls in general and Sheryl is clearly the one exception that managed to worm in his heart, for variety of reasons (they suit each other exceptionally well from certain povs after all).

Nonetheless, film!Alto's relationship with film!Ranka is still considerably healthier than the one in tv series which was mix of love and dependency from Ranka's part and for Alto a mix of genuine will to protect/help, need to use her as a tool to build a masculine identity and a excuse to achieve his dreams. Alto's persistence on "being the one to protect" Ranka is just as much about his ego (the whole Alto vs Brera deal over trophy Ranka being nothing but ludicruous dickwaving contest where Alto had no chance to begin with) and feelings of emasculation as it's about any genuine care for the girl in question. This is really apparent when one remembers that as long as Ranka's well being was considered more capable (more capable than he was to boot) protectors who genuinely cared about her was good thing...but Alto cared much more about his status as the Man with big M and beating Brera. Point was that HE was going to protect Ranka, not that Ranka was protected.

At least for Sheryl he was just being tsundere and actually made selfless sacrifices for her sake when needed, Alto never cared that much for Ranka outside the I-can-act-like-a-real-man-for-this-girl context. The one sacrifice he made for Ranka that can be compared to those he made for Sheryl's sake is when he acted in the film in ep 10 but that's it as far as big acts go. In ep 23 Alto outgrowing this bizarre dependency of kind on Ranka was contrasted with his now-found adult sense of obligation and responsibility for Frontier fleet and its inhabitants.

Film!Alto is much nicer bloke with fewer issues and he doesn't let them control him as much (see how much milder his rage at getting poked fun at re:his past is...and series Alto would NEVER do what he did in Sayonara in order to bust Sheryl from prison :D) so I actually felt really bad for Ranka's sake.

Oh well. This is why I don't ship in love triangles. My favourites lose 9 times out of 10 and there's nothing I can do about it.

LoveDriftsAway said:

The end song is written by Sheryl with her own blood (The Wings of Goodbye), anyway.

Nitpick: not entirely. The song after all reuses part from Houkago Overflow (meaning Ranka obviously thus wrote part of the lyrics) and has "Vajra Aimo" if one wants to count it

LoveDriftsAway said:

Although I think Sheryl's singing in Aimo is as bad as Ranka's singing Diamond Crevasse. It doesn't fit them at all.

Off-topic reply:

I'd like to hear today's NakaMegu sing Diamond Crevasse in her "real voice" - it's not like they had any reason not to because some Ranka songs (and parts of other songs eg. it's really notable on Triangler occasionally when Megumi goes from Ranka voice to much lower, fuller sound of her natural range now and then) are sung outside range of Ranka's "acted voice" already - making DC 50/50 conform to it was just a silly move. She won't beat May'n on track written for her voice (then again, despite it being written for May'n Mai Yamane would own her if she got to perform DC, damn I'd like to hear her sing DC) but I think she could do a pretty good version of it nonetheless, just like I've heard from few people who've seen her live that Megumi performs absolutely terrific live version of Lion (and they preferred her solo over May'n's, though the best versions are always duets in their opinion).

Ultimately I'd blame shortcomings of DC 50/50 more on Kanno's vocal directions than anything else. It's ok in principle to have a girl sing the song "like a psalm" but while it is pretty pleasant on ears per se the vocals just don't suit the song and its emotional content.

Sheryl's Aimo, whether live or studio, is unsalvageable wreck. May'n's voice doesn't suit the song to begin with and her theatrical, flamboyant and highly mannered style kills the song entirely.

Thankfully there aren't many DC 50/50s and Sheryl Aimos.
XardieAug 15, 2011 4:18 PM
Aug 17, 2011 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
Xardie said:
Orulyon said:

What?! FUCK. again? T_T That´s evil T_T id rather see Ranka in that situation than my beloved Brera. Dunno if i will watch the movie now, i dont want to get depressed.

Well if it comes to that then...
Ill go for Ranka, no matter who she chooses, i just like her more than Sheryl, the end.
but although im a Ranka "lover" i simply do not hate Sheryl at all, she is beautiful and talented:)
But the VA of Ranka, Megumi-sama is everything to me. in fact, i found myself preferring Ranka at first, only because of her VA. Its such a wonderful sweet melodic voice. Megumi´s songs are so catchy and perfect.
(not that i dont like May´n, she also has a wonderful voice).

Fuck, i dont have any luck in love triangles, i always choose the guy/girl who ends up alone (like in Inuyasha or Vampire knight).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Sep 12, 2011 7:35 PM

Mar 2008
LOL @ DNA argument.

Sheryl >> Ranka

Accept the fact. Because that's Alto's choice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2011 4:13 PM

Mar 2010
Finally put up my review of the film

It's a bit lenghty and I'm sorry for that but I hope it makes up for that by being indepth and evaluating the film from various perspectives. There are tons of superficial MAL reviews for those wanting 'em anyway
Oct 20, 2011 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
Luca almost died, but glad he's alive.

lol @ Concert/ going out of jail part the most. Alto wearing female outfit, according to Lanka's idea, is funny!!

So Sheryl and Alto met before... and Alto actually chose someone!

My fav. Macross F song out of everything I heard (including TV series):
tsubasaloverOct 20, 2011 1:45 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2011 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
kaminakun said:
LOL @ DNA argument.
Sheryl &gt;&gt; Ranka
Accept the fact. Because that's Alto's choice.
Well it's a bad choice and end of discussion. What Alto said to Ranka at the end and then to Sheryl is BS! I don't buy nor am I happy with it and yeah the author better had make Alto hide so as to not disappoint fans but give out some form of approval to Sheryl of her love well.... I refuse any other choice than Ranka. That's all. The only other thing to say about the movie is its innovations in adding what was not in the movie and removing the less critical extras. Simple as that.
Ranka will always &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Sheryl anytime.

Before I forget A) I saw this from a recording so no online it was better. B) This is what needs to be said of Ranka x Alto,

heck yeah! At least something meaningful but I would prefer a kiss of course.

To all of you take that whom is the following,

Ranka ended the movie and Sheryl was incapacitated! What do you say to that?
HA! Ranka in thee end succumbed far less than Sheryl but I am saying this in mild humor. Point is Ranka finished it off in thee end and yeah Alto is somewhere in another Universe? Galaxy? Dimension? Who knows but one thing for sure if he is not then he is dead with that Vajra. So he is not dead but in another part of the Universe.
Yumekichi11Oct 20, 2011 8:57 AM

Oct 20, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2009
DVD and Blueray came out today right? Time to rewatch.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New trailer

Fujimoto_GOAT - Dec 29, 2010

20 by LoveDriftsAway »»
Apr 9, 2011 4:00 PM

» 2nd movie = ?

NotSoEpicMuffinz - Sep 27, 2010

3 by ddrcrono »»
Jan 7, 2011 9:53 AM

» /

delete_plz - Nov 24, 2009

2 by Exelen »»
Feb 12, 2010 8:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.