Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
May 2, 2010 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
tokoharu said:
RinAngelki said:
I just dnt get why oyama-kun will cry since tenshi accepted the confession.

I don't think she really accepted, rather because Oyama said he knew this wasn't the right time and place to confess she told him to pick a proper time and place to confess then.

Still no guarantees XD
tokoharu said:
That new Stu Pres guy might not be an NPC, I mean he doesn't look generic XD

And now SSS know that they only were able to get away with the things they do cause Tenshi gave them (probably) massive leeway.

Which was something I'm pretty sure we all saw from the start. Which is why I hated Yuri and the SSS for bullying Tenshi

Just looking forward to the next ep, hopefully a lot of Tenshi and epic in it, like Hand Sonic Ver.2. That's just asking for kick ass

I dunno if he's an NPC or not, but I hope he is one. But if he wasn't one, wouldn't Yuri already have recruited him? And what about the baseball ep, he was in it with Tenshi; just because he was vice-president?

Idunno, I guess it's part of how the world they are in is not explainned.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 6:31 AM

Jul 2008
Omg I don't understand why people are making two group of people ''The npc'' and the ''not npc''.

Basically all this idealogy is a whim from Yuri, there is no npc, everyone here is human and the same but Yuri, who think she is great, look down on the normal people that does not want to have anything to do with her plans of making trouble and she labell them as npc.
If she wouldn't have recruted Otonashi in the start he probably would have followed tenshi and would have been labelled an npc by Yuri's group.

Seriously this stuff annoyed me from day one, especially because fan just accept everything that has been said without thinking about anything.
May 2, 2010 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
Chao-Lingshen said:
Technically, no one else gives a shit about the 2 groups, unless you plan to re-watch ep1 on what Yuri said about the npc and when they joined them.
May 2, 2010 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
_guu said:
Chao-Lingshen said:
Technically, no one else gives a shit about the 2 groups, unless you plan to re-watch ep1 on what Yuri said about the npc and when they joined them.

Lol just read this thread and you'll see that people are assuming NPC are different from the not NPC, one even tough the NPC would die when the not NPC couldn't.

I've no need to rewatch it, tough some should.
May 2, 2010 6:54 AM
Apr 2010
francismeunier said:
nextday said:
The rocket chair replays were very entertaining lol.
Eh? I though the replays were a waste....they just made the scene again with slow motion and maybe zoom. I though they could have done something better than that.
helur said:

Otanashi X Tenshi FTW!
Yes! I am with you for this!

count me IN :)

My Badge
May 2, 2010 7:08 AM

Aug 2009
Chao-Lingshen said:
_guu said:
Chao-Lingshen said:

Lol just read this thread and you'll see that people are assuming NPC are different from the not NPC, one even tough the NPC would die when the not NPC couldn't.

I'll re-read the thread when I got the time. True, NPC just dies while the Non doesnt
May 2, 2010 7:22 AM

Sep 2008
This episode is the reason why I want this anime to be rated 10/10!!

One of the most entertaining episodes of all times, all thanks to the rocket chair scenes!!
ShoutaAzumaMay 2, 2010 7:25 AM
May 2, 2010 7:31 AM

Apr 2010
Chao-Lingshen said:
_guu said:
Chao-Lingshen said:

Honestly I don't see how NPCs and non-NPCs make a difference. To me, anyone in an anime not part of the main story/plot is practically invisible to me until they actually do something.

The "some" people you refer to are merely discussing the anime using the information they have garnered from watching it. There was no need for you to get on your high horse about it.

Honestly, just enjoy the series as it unfolds. Maybe you'll turn out right, we'll all know in due time.

May 2, 2010 7:33 AM

Feb 2009
Woah 14 pages already?
May 2, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
belatkuro said:
Woah 14 pages already?

well this WAS pretty much the best ep so far XP
tokoharuMay 2, 2010 7:42 AM

May 2, 2010 8:26 AM
Apr 2010
oh forgot.....

DAMN IT CLIFFHANGER CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPI.....

My Badge
May 2, 2010 9:06 AM

Dec 2009
I love Tenshi, a lot.
May 2, 2010 9:37 AM
Jun 2009
ShibuyaRiver said:

Oh TK, you will never be relevant to the story.

When he's, dont cry. Key's style is cruel, you know that.
May 2, 2010 10:11 AM

Mar 2009
Wasabi said:
I rather not Tenshi switch sides completely and work with Yuri. It would be too cliche. In the end, Yuri just seems like a spoiled brat who's taking out her frustrations about god on a girl she probably never even fully understood.

Can't disagree with that!

Nice to see Otanashi and maybe Yuri feeling a little guilt over what they did to Tensh. I really feel sorry for her...
May 2, 2010 10:51 AM

Jul 2008
_guu said:
I'll re-read the thread when I got the time. True, NPC just dies while the Non doesnt

No, nobody can die in this world, I just don't get where people took the assumption that NPC can die when they absolutely can't.

NPC or non-NPC, all the people in this world are human that still has a regret that keep them from going to heaven, they can not die in any means and the only way for them to leaves this world is disapering.

When Yuri formed her group she tough lowly of the people who did not want to fight their fate and that wanted to just disapear, she called them NPC out of despise for them, a name symbolic for those who do not fight their fate and goes alongs the rule of the world, just like NPC in games follow the rules of the games.
Basically the non-NPC are the one who fight their fate such as the group Yuri lead, while the NPC are those who follow the rules of the school but basically they are all the same.

NPC cannot die, non-NPC cannot die, Tachibane can not die, nobody can freacking die in this world, the only way to get out is to fullfill their regrets and go to heaven / reincarnate in the world (because even for that, we can't assume what Yuri think is the truth because she didn't disapeared herself)

Do you think that Tachibane would have stabbed Otonashi at the beginning if she wasn't sure he wouldn't die? Yui was a groupie like the 3 other who played baseball were, still she joined Yuri's group. It has been stated more than once that people in this world cannot die, no matter who it is.
May 2, 2010 10:55 AM

Apr 2010
I'm pretty sure they explained in the beginning that the NPCs were basically AI that were there to fill up space and make it look like a real school, not the recently deceased or real people. They're there for the purpose of making the illusion "real".

May 2, 2010 11:00 AM

Mar 2009
I felt so bad for Kanade, jus picturing her sitting alone eat her comfort food.... T-T
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/662864/angel_beats-blazer-blue_hair-eating-food-kuinji_51
May 2, 2010 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
One of the best episodes so far? Exam section was pretty hilarious and the meal ticket tihng ... awww ... can't wait for the next episode now! Way to end on a cliffhanger, guys D:
May 2, 2010 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
they balanced the comedy & the heart-warming scenes quite well in this episode. :D ALSO, I'M LIKING THAT NAOI DUDE, he looks good in that uniform. P:
May 2, 2010 1:04 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, Hinata flying in slow-motion made my day ! I laughed so hard i choked and had to drink a whole glass of water ^^

I obviously felt some pity for Tenshi, but that created an interesting development in the story :)
May 2, 2010 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
pacostuart said:
Wasabi said:
I rather not Tenshi switch sides completely and work with Yuri. It would be too cliche. In the end, Yuri just seems like a spoiled brat who's taking out her frustrations about god on a girl she probably never even fully understood.

Can't disagree with that!
Then I suggest that Otonashi works secretly with Kanade......I really want single moments like this=>

how Kanade holds with her hand Otonashi's school blazer.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
May 2, 2010 1:36 PM

Mar 2009
Awesome, and hearing Eri Kiturama rock out as Yui was great. --- Randy
May 2, 2010 1:47 PM

Apr 2010
randywmorgan17 said:
Awesome, and hearing Eri Kiturama rock out as Yui was great. --- Randy

Yeah, but I liked the old singer better. Comedy is nice and all, but I got enough of immature band members from K-ON. Plus she doesn't fit the band that well, and her singing voice doesn't fit her character.

I like the character, just not as the lead singer. Wish they put her as something else.

CMU
May 2, 2010 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
I feel sorry for the angel girl.. :(
May 2, 2010 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
Haha the chairs were SOooo funny... lol... finally we are starting to see some depth in the angel character... I knew this episode would happen and it finally has... Best episode so far. I'm hoping for a tenshi and Otanashi pairing! hopefully...
May 2, 2010 3:11 PM

Jun 2009
Replays were funny, but episode as a whole was just a drag. I hope the next one will be better in terms of a plot progress and character developement.
May 2, 2010 3:39 PM

Dec 2009
Not that I like Yuri, but her plan to bring down Tenshi was lovely. Tachibana was so pathetic at the end, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, I'm looking forward to the new prez...

ReaperEXE said:
This episode completely changed my opinion; Angel Beats is no longer horrible.
agree. new possibilities are opening up....

May 2, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Lol, why i missed that? x/
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 2, 2010 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
OrochiPL said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Same there, look like I missed this scene. Yuri should just die and Tachibane would take her curry.
May 2, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2009
Chao-Lingshen said:
OrochiPL said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Same there, look like I missed this scene. Yuri should just die and Tachibane would take her curry.

Tofu.
May 2, 2010 3:51 PM

Jun 2009
Chao-Lingshen said:
OrochiPL said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Not the scene, but Maximatum's post. Since this pic is fanmade. ;]

And it's "Tachibana" dammit! ;<
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 2, 2010 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
OrochiPL said:
Chao-Lingshen said:
OrochiPL said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Not the scene, but Maximatum's post. Since this pic is fanmade. ;]

Oh I see why I missed it then XD.

garfield15 said:
Chao-Lingshen said:
OrochiPL said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

Tofu.

My mistake XD
May 2, 2010 4:44 PM

Nov 2008
^ All that over curry? Anyway, here's another one. That curry looks umai! I wonder who did shoop and redraw it. Oh well. Excellent work.
May 2, 2010 4:56 PM

Dec 2009
Maximatum99 said:
^ All that over curry? Anyway, here's another one. That curry looks umai! I wonder who did shoop and redraw it. Oh well. Excellent work.
lol, *snort*
May 2, 2010 5:08 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Damn that Yuri. Does she know no bounds to her actions!? To even think that she'd go this far to embarrass her.
May 2, 2010 5:15 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:

Not funny. ;< Tell me Maximatum, where do you find this stuff?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 2, 2010 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
Maximatum99 said:
May 2, 2010 5:51 PM

Nov 2008
OrochiPL said:
4chan. You got to get your stuff fast before it 404's on your ass.
May 2, 2010 5:53 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, and here I thought they were going down the Yurippe route, but now it seems we're seeing some Tenshi development. I like, I like! I really want to see where this goes.

I actually like Yui's new position as vocalist for Girls DeMo. She calmed down this episode, which was nice, but I like her weird, crazy side (that some, if not most (if not all) would find annoying) more, for some reason.

Oh, and the replays, VERY entertaining. The slow-mo and the ED music to go with it; just comedic perfection.

I'm starting to feel bad for Tenshi. I really just want to give her a big hug. And we'll leave it at that. ;D

Awesome episode. I hope we can get some more episodes with this one's pacing.

ReaperEXE said:

ADORABLE!!
May 2, 2010 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Maximatum99 said:
OrochiPL said:
4chan. You got to get your stuff fast before it 404's on your ass.

So it's 4chan after all. Che... i'm not using this anymore, takes too much time.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
May 2, 2010 6:04 PM

Aug 2009
TV Tropes had this to say
I didn't think Angel Beats was supposed to be taken literally.
May 2, 2010 6:38 PM

Dec 2009
BAAAAWWW

i feel bad for Tachibana now...
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2010 6:51 PM

Jun 2009
I'm feel so bad with Tachibana and started to hate Yuri -_-

May 2, 2010 6:55 PM
May 2009
NERD4CT10N said:
I'm feel so bad with Tachibana and started to hate Yuri -_-

Me too, Me too
May 2, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
What is this? I totally missed that. What's the magician? Is it bad sub? Unknown thing in the upcoming episodes? or did I just miss out on something?

Bigger

CMU
May 2, 2010 7:41 PM

Nov 2008
Shinrin said:
What is this? I totally missed that. What's the magician? Is it bad sub? Unknown thing in the upcoming episodes? or did I just miss out on something?

Bigger
What's with that upscale and quality? Download your subs from Mazui. That's supposedly "God" and not "Magician".
May 2, 2010 8:09 PM

Apr 2010
Maximatum99 said:
Shinrin said:

Bigger
What's with that upscale and quality? Download your subs from Mazui. That's supposedly "God" and not "Magician".

is the quality that bad? haha
and thanks, I'll check him out.

CMU
May 2, 2010 8:12 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah that one is pretty bad quality. Beware the Mazui group though, great quality and all but the file sizes are massive. MASSIVE.

May 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Dec 2009
Angel Beats goes up in my list... Wow, this episode was amazing, I rotf!

Zero009 said:
I honestly wanted to go through the screen and give her a big warm hug ;_;. She really jumped many rankings up in my favorite character list after this episode.

Me too!

Poor Tenshi...
May 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Nov 2008
tokoharu said:
Yeah that one is pretty bad quality. Beware the Mazui group though, great quality and all but the file sizes are massive. MASSIVE.
Their size for each episode differs but on average it's about 300. That's normal for a HD episode and including the fact that Angel Beats has a little more animation quality an your average animu.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1764 by AquaPxki »»
Sep 22, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 16, 2010

481 by Akita_Han »»
Sep 8, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by TlordGaming »»
Sep 7, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 9, 2010

484 by AnimatedAddict »»
Aug 22, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by AnimatedAddict »»
Aug 22, 12:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.