Forum Settings
Forums

We're a little past halfway through the year. Top 10 so far? And bonus question

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Yesterday, 4:07 AM

May 2015
i haven't even finished 10 anime this year, the only anime i've seen in your top 10 is shumatsu train but i'm only at episode 4 and dungeon meshi that i dropped.
but i already know that my favorite 2024 anime will be natsume yuujinchou season 7, sengoku youko season 2 and monogatari off/monster season.
Yesterday, 4:55 AM

Apr 2020
1.Dungeon Meshi
2.T.P. BON
3.Sentai Daishikkaku
4.Tonari no Youkai-san
5.Grimm Kumikyoku
6.Kuramerukagari
7.Kurayukaba

Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Nov 2021
Reply to animejas
@nishant0 Nothing egregious about Mushoku Tensei being so high and a 'disgrace' towards the fantasy genre, it's been excellent in actually developing characters and setting itself up well for the long run, showcasing personal struggles and conflicts and having the best episode this year in my opinion in Episode 22 of Season 2. And I like the other shows you mentioned but I liked MT more.
@animejas sorry, but turning a full fledge adventure anime into mc's ed drama for literally half of the season and then his family (the one he created by himself) drama isn't really my cup of tea, so I wouldn't call it a good fantasy either. A good fantasy anime explores its lore alongside with its plot just like in dungeon meshi and frieren. Again, I haven't watched latest part and don't wanna watch it either after the disappointment I felt in season 2 part 1, so yeah MT is anything but not a good fantasy.
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to nishant0
@animejas sorry, but turning a full fledge adventure anime into mc's ed drama for literally half of the season and then his family (the one he created by himself) drama isn't really my cup of tea, so I wouldn't call it a good fantasy either. A good fantasy anime explores its lore alongside with its plot just like in dungeon meshi and frieren. Again, I haven't watched latest part and don't wanna watch it either after the disappointment I felt in season 2 part 1, so yeah MT is anything but not a good fantasy.
@nishant0 It's not yours but the way his character basically symbolizes going through depression and how that affects him in this case mentally and physically with abandonment issues is something worth exploring, even if the idea on paper is crazy or sounds way too odd without any sort of context for people. It's a show that is phases, it can explore fantasy and lore building simultaneously with character drama or it can focus on one or the other naturally like Rudeus is actually living a normal life. The whole thing with Rudeus' characterization and issues he goes through is multilayered and not just black and white in a way with how it is presented. The whole thing with ED is a lot more than just the dumb idea of seeing ED be explored in an anime but how psychologically the whole thing from season 1's end affected him for a long time. If you're not a fan, that's fine but it being high on other people's lists can be reasonable and make sense in other ways, not unreasonable at all. Dungeon Meshi and Frieren are ultimately very different to Mushoku Tensei and while I liked all three (Frieren is in my favorites list too), Mushoku Tensei's characterization and buildup of characters and giving them weight and depth is something more personally impactful to me than the others. It's a really good fantasy story that does not have to be a fantasy story with adventure all the time and actually makes the adventure stuff, action elements or even lore involved have more weight to it when primarily focused on without having anything being overdone.
Yesterday, 12:57 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to animejas
@nishant0 It's not yours but the way his character basically symbolizes going through depression and how that affects him in this case mentally and physically with abandonment issues is something worth exploring, even if the idea on paper is crazy or sounds way too odd without any sort of context for people. It's a show that is phases, it can explore fantasy and lore building simultaneously with character drama or it can focus on one or the other naturally like Rudeus is actually living a normal life. The whole thing with Rudeus' characterization and issues he goes through is multilayered and not just black and white in a way with how it is presented. The whole thing with ED is a lot more than just the dumb idea of seeing ED be explored in an anime but how psychologically the whole thing from season 1's end affected him for a long time. If you're not a fan, that's fine but it being high on other people's lists can be reasonable and make sense in other ways, not unreasonable at all. Dungeon Meshi and Frieren are ultimately very different to Mushoku Tensei and while I liked all three (Frieren is in my favorites list too), Mushoku Tensei's characterization and buildup of characters and giving them weight and depth is something more personally impactful to me than the others. It's a really good fantasy story that does not have to be a fantasy story with adventure all the time and actually makes the adventure stuff, action elements or even lore involved have more weight to it when primarily focused on without having anything being overdone.
@animejas I never really care about MC that much and this so-called character arc made me dislike these characters even more, I was watching this anime for its world building since it's a fantasy anime, and it was grate in the first season.
You can interpret however you want, but that ED lasted for quite too much episode enough to lose interest in the story, even made their reunion felt very cheesy and cringe in the end. Like holy shit I watched the entire season for MC to regain his sexuality (in a way) and met his childhood friend who was with him all along, when this could have been done in like 5 episodes and the worst thing is main plot didn't move an inch, aint no way I'm gonna call this shit good writing. It never really takes its fantasy and world building serious which is the major turn off for me, so you can't really compare this crap with Frieren and Dungeon meshi where the characters actually developed with moving of plot and lore of their world in each episode which keeps them interesting throughout, and not to mention they have better character dynamics imo.
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Jan 2018
even though dungeon meshi is a solid 10 for me, mushoku tensei is still the better 10 because it has more characters that i enjoy to watch. I just wonder do people hold anime popularity poll every december.
8 hours ago
The Flawed Bliss

Dec 2021
Damn I haven't even watched 10 shows from this year
3 hours ago

Jun 2019
nyugvo6 said:
I didn't watch a lot of anime this year. what should I pick up?

Hmm...It really depends on what genres you prefer as a baseline.
2 hours ago

Sep 2008
Reply to WatchTillTandava
nyugvo6 said:
I didn't watch a lot of anime this year. what should I pick up?

Hmm...It really depends on what genres you prefer as a baseline.
@WatchTillTandava
urban fantasy, postapocalypse, cyberpunk,
ecchi. violence, gore, horror,
swordfights, demons, delinquents, magical girls
amazing animation, striking character designs

from everything I've seen this year so far, Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi's 1st ep was the absolute best thing. it had my jaw on the floor.
Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? would be the closest to the themes I'd prefer, I believe.
I love The Fable as a manga, it was a great read. I just don't think the anime adds much to it.
I completely forgot about T.P BON. I heard it's violent.
Dededede would be an instant watch for me but I heard the subs are just the dub's text so I'll wait for fansubs.

in any case I don't think a lot of shows aired that fall into my "comfort zone" so feel free to recommend anything.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Was the nonsense unpredictability of 2000s anime a charm or just dumb?

BerriesSan - 2 minutes ago

0 by BerriesSan »»
2 minutes ago

» Which anime "feel the most Japanese" to you? (have the most Japanese cultural elements or pop culture)

IpreferEcchi - 47 minutes ago

7 by henwens »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime and manga is dying (literally)

eWEQRW123123 - 2 hours ago

36 by eWEQRW123123 »»
6 minutes ago

» The Weeb Chart ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

51 by Luchipher-Zen »»
17 minutes ago

» Why your profile picture is your profile picture? ( 1 2 3 )

Zakatsuki_ - Jul 14

129 by Timeline_man »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.