Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »
Mar 6, 2023 1:38 AM
Mar 2023
best anime to have ever been made
Mar 18, 2023 7:52 AM
Aug 2022
my man ryuk is the only reason i sit through this hell of an anime. and i also liked light's seiyu.

i don't understand the praise honestly. it is not clever in any way and it doesn't deserve to sit on top of the anime world at all.

solid 3, because of ryuk, and kinda cool start. 
Mar 21, 2023 3:47 PM
Mar 2023
Not as good as the light arc but still a satisfying ending
Mar 29, 2023 5:16 AM
Mar 2023
ryuk deserves better <3
Apr 2, 2023 2:07 AM
Apr 2018
Started strong. After L was killed it tapered off.
Apr 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Mar 2023
the plot where light became a shikigami was insane!!
Apr 19, 2023 2:19 PM
Apr 2023
Didn't want to let my boy die...😭😭😭😭[color=red]text colored red[/size]
Apr 22, 2023 4:49 PM
Apr 2023
Help I'm crying everything went full circle I MISS L
Apr 30, 2023 11:23 AM
Sep 2022
i really liked this episode and the anime was amazing!!
Apr 30, 2023 1:23 PM
Mar 2022
NO. NO. NOOI0BRTEG80HWE0FHWQI0GUQWHB9QW goodbye, i´m gonna killmyself
May 12, 2023 11:43 PM
Jun 2021
Death Note an all time classic. I really loved the show the last episode was really good for ending the series and ending Light's character. I really loved Light Yagami's character how in the last episode like how Near says he id a murderer with a god-complex but only Light can understand himself he was given this opportunity and he was the only one could have come this far with all the odds defeating L, adding him to my favorite characters list. As for the story i agree with the general consensus that till ep 25 the show was great then it goes downhill, i wouldn't say it was bad, it was still enjoyable but not comaparable to the previous episodes. Watched it in a week , a good show and i would definitely read the manga one day.
May 25, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2022
I don't know, feels like the ending shortchanged us. This is the kind of show where Light Yagami should have won, despite the overwhelming odds against him. We don't know if he would have died on those stairs or found a way to survive. And even after Ryuk wrote his name, the Death Note rules in chapters 107 and 108 of the manga refer to the finality of human death in general, but does not state that humans killed by the Death Note cannot be resuscitated. If his pursuers got to him in time, medical treatment could have brought him back. It leaves room for additional content, really. Maybe Light goes into a coma for 13 years. Excellent show though, even if this was Light's out. ;-)
May 26, 2023 1:15 AM
Jul 2021
WELL L IT'S BEEN FUN
May 29, 2023 12:25 AM
May 2023
Best anime of all time
Jun 16, 2023 12:54 AM
Jun 2023
Very good episode really liked it
Jun 25, 2023 3:29 PM
Oct 2019
Stupid ending in the not stupid anime is the most stupid thing
Jun 26, 2023 2:34 AM
Dec 2022
The End Is So Unreasonable
Jul 15, 2023 3:10 PM
Jul 2023
My first. It's great, especially the first half.
Jul 16, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2023
gooood splendid awesome
Jul 26, 2023 11:29 PM
Aug 2021
Very good i liked it but not as much as the the ones before 30
Aug 11, 2023 12:11 AM
May 2022
absolutely amazing.
Aug 16, 2023 11:13 AM
Sep 2021
i like how light had his god complex built up to the max just for him to lose his composure and act like a lunatic just to die from a gunshot like a mortal (i know ryuk writes his name but you get my point)
Aug 17, 2023 12:05 PM
Jul 2021
Fitting ending for everyone. Good show.
Aug 19, 2023 8:18 AM

Apr 2016
It's over, finally. I would have appreciated to have Ryuk write Light's name in his notebook in front of him, maybe have a last conversation before dying. Also we don't know where Light will go after his death, "neither paradise nor hell" but where, I thought he would turn into a shinigami slave or something like that.
Aug 21, 2023 12:50 AM
Jul 2023
Not much to say, the truth spilled.
Aug 27, 2023 5:14 PM
Aug 2023
Light's journey as a villain has finally come to an end. Personally, this might have been my favourite episode out of the whole series... it captures the intensity, the defeat, the betrayal, the diabolical acts. It all comes down to Light falling in the middle of the "stairs to heaven" -- a symbol suggesting he shall never go to heaven nor hell.
The dying sunset, a scattering of red, orange, and purple... it felt sad, relieved, hopeful, and dark all at the same time. Truly Death Note is a masterpiece.

After watching it, I can never really look at death the same way. Nor can I even disregard humanity's inevitable faults. As a human myself I've come to analyse Death Note as a successful piece of entertainment, but also as a warning. It goes to prove that we as beings, cannot be trusted with this such power. We are built on our own egos and benefits even if we try to deny that fact.

Thank you Death Note for helping me better my knowledge of my world, and the world we all live in.

(Also, team L all the way!)
Aug 29, 2023 8:22 AM
Nov 2009
Why would the shinigami doesn't know when light is  going to die. He said he doesn't know when he's going to die when he goes to jail. A shinigami is supposed to know know just by looking, when someone's going to die. The last statements were not accurate
Sep 20, 2023 1:38 PM
Mar 2022
I was hoping Light would win
Sep 25, 2023 9:59 PM
Sep 2023
Great story, Interesting plot and it had me thinking aswel
Oct 3, 2023 5:16 AM
Aug 2021
i think the ending was a bit poo but overall the show was decent
Oct 9, 2023 12:46 PM
Mar 2021
ten koniec bol nudný, potom ako zomrel L to bolo strašne nudné a nebavilo ma to, ale dovtedy to bolo crazy
Oct 11, 2023 5:27 PM
Jul 2023
just finished watching this... binge watched the series within 3 days, I can say that so far this is one of the most captivating anime's I've ever watched
Oct 16, 2023 3:05 PM
Oct 2023
I thought Near as a character was quite lazy, and forced without any logical explanation. He randomly guesses what the audience is actually thinking, without any kind of actual logic behind it. But despite that, the climax is quite satisfying.
Oct 17, 2023 7:20 PM
Oct 2023
man writes a big diary then dies
Oct 18, 2023 2:11 PM
Oct 2023
It was a quite a good episode comparing to the episodes after LS passing
Oct 20, 2023 11:27 PM
Oct 2023
Didn't like the ending...
Oct 21, 2023 11:54 PM
Apr 2021
You have one of the smartest men in the world defeated by a basic switcheroo? Lazy writing. This was Game of Thrones finale levels of bad.

You think for someone as smart as Light he's going to be fooled by someone simply switching the notebook? Light detailed Near's plan and he knew the whole time that the plan was a switch. There are limitless other options he could have come up with other than "oh he actually has the real notebook."

Cheap ending that doesn't really challenge anything that we haven't seen before. Great, you had the good guys win by outsmarting the bad guy. Real brave writing. You want to see how to correctly write an anti-hero like Light Yagami, just look at how Walter White's story ended in Breaking Bad.
Oct 22, 2023 10:29 AM
Jan 2023
Hated it.

After the whole switcheroo thing (I wasn't really paying attention, it was kinda stupid and lazy), Light dies and... nothing. Granted, Ryuk finishing off Light was kinda badass, but other than that...

My main problem is charecter closure. Matsuda had great closure. Loved his charecter, glad to see him carry the task force.

Light had the best closure and even as a Light supporter, it definitely showed that his goals were evil and maniacal.

Mikami I didn't really care about

Near was terrible this episode. I loved his charm, but then no charecter closure on him... would've loved to see how he felt after Light plead guilty.

And finally, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENS TO MISA???

Like she's goth now? Also what about that weird scene like a dozen episodes back where it's just a Christian bedroom? And what were all the bells about when L was about to die???

I could tell Light wasn't going to win. mostly because Netflix is a bitch and spoiled how no one was gonna die... Light could've just mailed a piece of notebook to Misa as a back up, he probably had a piece of the notebook handy somewhere.

Misa hurt my soul because I have no idea how SHE felt, and what's this I hear about her doing suicide?? I sat there through the credits and all I saw was her on a train...

All we needed was just a time skip to see what happened after...

Now if you excuse me I'm gonna cry because this definitely deserved a second season
Oct 23, 2023 5:39 AM
Jul 2021
asspull after asspull for light to lose
Oct 26, 2023 7:21 AM
Jan 2023
stupid ending, mthrfcking N, hail L
Oct 29, 2023 5:31 AM
Dec 2022
MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!!!
Nov 5, 2023 1:44 AM
Nov 2023
Title: A Thrilling Game of Wits - Death Note Review

Death Note, a psychological thriller anime series, is a thought-provoking masterpiece that takes viewers on a roller-coaster ride through the dark recesses of the human psyche. Created by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, this series is known for its intricate plot and morally complex characters.

Plot (9/10): At the heart of Death Note is a high school student named Light Yagami who stumbles upon a mysterious notebook known as the "Death Note." This notebook grants its user the power to kill anyone whose name they write in it. The premise of the story is both simple and brilliant. It explores the consequences of absolute power and raises profound questions about justice, morality, and the human desire for control. The cat-and-mouse game that ensues between Light, who takes on the moniker "Kira," and the enigmatic detective L is a cerebral battle of wits that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Characters (8/10): The characters in Death Note are morally ambiguous, which is one of the series' strengths. Light Yagami's descent into megalomania and the complex character of L, who employs unconventional methods to catch Kira, are particularly well-crafted. Supporting characters like Misa Amane and Ryuk, the Shinigami, add depth to the story. While some may find it difficult to sympathize with any of the characters due to their questionable actions, that's precisely what makes the series so intriguing.

Animation and Sound (8/10): The animation quality in Death Note is generally good, with a focus on conveying the psychological tension rather than flashy action sequences. The use of dark and atmospheric visuals suits the tone of the series. The soundtrack, composed by Yoshihisa Hirano, enhances the mood and complements the narrative effectively. The opening and ending themes are iconic and memorable.

Pacing (7/10): The pacing of Death Note is well-balanced for the most part. However, some viewers may find certain episodes or story arcs to be slower than others, especially during the later stages of the series. The cat-and-mouse chase, while intellectually stimulating, might not be as action-packed as some viewers prefer.

Themes and Philosophy (10/10): Death Note excels in exploring deep philosophical themes. It raises questions about justice, morality, and the consequences of unchecked power. The series challenges viewers to consider the ethical dilemmas faced by its characters and often blurs the lines between right and wrong.

Overall (8.5/10): Death Note is a must-watch for those who appreciate psychological thrillers and philosophical storytelling. It's a gripping exploration of the human psyche under extreme circumstances, and it leaves a lasting impact. While it may not be suitable for all audiences due to its dark and morally complex themes, it's an anime that continues to be celebrated for its intelligent narrative and memorable characters.
Nov 16, 2023 3:18 PM
Oct 2023
the ending was underwhelming really wanted light to win but, whatever, this series should have ended with ls death because of many reasons. but it was a good run and series nonetheless. Death note will always have a special place in my heart
Nov 18, 2023 6:12 PM
Mar 2021
Last episode was anti-climatic.
Nov 19, 2023 7:51 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to friednotsoaked
Title: A Thrilling Game of Wits - Death Note Review

Death Note, a psychological thriller anime series, is a thought-provoking masterpiece that takes viewers on a roller-coaster ride through the dark recesses of the human psyche. Created by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata, this series is known for its intricate plot and morally complex characters.

Plot (9/10): At the heart of Death Note is a high school student named Light Yagami who stumbles upon a mysterious notebook known as the "Death Note." This notebook grants its user the power to kill anyone whose name they write in it. The premise of the story is both simple and brilliant. It explores the consequences of absolute power and raises profound questions about justice, morality, and the human desire for control. The cat-and-mouse game that ensues between Light, who takes on the moniker "Kira," and the enigmatic detective L is a cerebral battle of wits that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Characters (8/10): The characters in Death Note are morally ambiguous, which is one of the series' strengths. Light Yagami's descent into megalomania and the complex character of L, who employs unconventional methods to catch Kira, are particularly well-crafted. Supporting characters like Misa Amane and Ryuk, the Shinigami, add depth to the story. While some may find it difficult to sympathize with any of the characters due to their questionable actions, that's precisely what makes the series so intriguing.

Animation and Sound (8/10): The animation quality in Death Note is generally good, with a focus on conveying the psychological tension rather than flashy action sequences. The use of dark and atmospheric visuals suits the tone of the series. The soundtrack, composed by Yoshihisa Hirano, enhances the mood and complements the narrative effectively. The opening and ending themes are iconic and memorable.

Pacing (7/10): The pacing of Death Note is well-balanced for the most part. However, some viewers may find certain episodes or story arcs to be slower than others, especially during the later stages of the series. The cat-and-mouse chase, while intellectually stimulating, might not be as action-packed as some viewers prefer.

Themes and Philosophy (10/10): Death Note excels in exploring deep philosophical themes. It raises questions about justice, morality, and the consequences of unchecked power. The series challenges viewers to consider the ethical dilemmas faced by its characters and often blurs the lines between right and wrong.

Overall (8.5/10): Death Note is a must-watch for those who appreciate psychological thrillers and philosophical storytelling. It's a gripping exploration of the human psyche under extreme circumstances, and it leaves a lasting impact. While it may not be suitable for all audiences due to its dark and morally complex themes, it's an anime that continues to be celebrated for its intelligent narrative and memorable characters.
@friednotsoaked

Another inept alt account troll who uses ChatGPT to write a "review."
Nov 30, 2023 8:27 PM

Nov 2023
And so it ended, Lgiht died. All the criminals have died by his own hands. His probably gonna become a shinigami because he's neither going to hell nor heaven
Dec 1, 2023 8:47 PM
Jul 2015
I like the implication at the end that Misa unalived herself.
Jan 3, 12:53 AM

Aug 2019
Well that was an unsatisfying way to see Kira go..

Mikami made an inexplicably dumb mistake which led to Near and his crew finding the real Death Note and somehow perfectly replicating it and switching it out all in the span of one day. That’s really the best the author could come up with? I was hoping for LIGHT to be the cause of his own downfall, not Mikami. The reasoning for Kira’s failure feels hastily put together and stupid, but if you ignore that, then this episode is a pretty great finale. Light limping to his death while the memory of his past self is shown is easily the most emotional moment in the show for me.

8/10 overall though. Glad I rewatched my first anime.
Jan 4, 4:17 PM
Dec 2023
Es una obra maestra
Jan 5, 12:28 AM
Oct 2023
this series had 3 climaxes - in the beginning, middle and end, a grand ending, and a crazy good plot. it was worthed.
Pages (19) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

398 by VanVeleca »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Death Note Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stars4evr09 - Jun 26, 2008

214 by LyraKeaton »»
Today, 11:10 AM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

38 by VanVeleca »»
Today, 7:58 AM

» Opinions on Donald Trump's cameo?

Kafzeth - May 28

31 by GinHachi23 »»
May 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - May 17, 2007

118 by Trebor367 »»
May 29, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.