Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 20, 2020 10:10 AM
May 2020
Oh... It ended with chiyo being vice pres and hana, I think as the new president. Hmm what happened to meiko and the others? A lot of unresolved issue. But honestly, I was hoping he would still choose Hana over Chiyo. They have much, so much stronger bonds than chiyo, I mean, they peed on each other and already in the point that they exchange underware, compare to Chiyo, she didn't even got a kiss from him
Jul 26, 2020 9:35 AM
Oct 2016
The ending was really horrible. I thought it would be a happy ending after a long last suffering. Maybe there are people who support Kiyoshi with Hana, but not for me :)
Sep 9, 2020 2:20 AM
Jan 2015
Great manga but the ending has me feeling down. I get it, the author was throwing plot twists in the entire thing but even after all the heartache and trouble kiyoshi just can't win. I just feel bad for the guy. Also didn't really explain as to why Mari had to leave? Ending felt rushed but I must admit it's the first manga I've read to go against the grain. Investing in a couple and pushing them together throughout the manga to have them split on the very last chapter. Definitely unpopular but different.
Sep 20, 2020 8:05 AM
Sep 2020
Best fucking ending ever I genuinely saw that coming Miyoshi ends up with hana or he doesn't end of with anyone cause Hana is pussy. Those were my predictions, I only hated how such a nice girl like chiyo became a men hating president :(
Sep 24, 2020 8:40 AM
Dec 2016
Years later i decided to finish this and start all over again, literally read half of it again but dont regret at all.

So, after Mari escapes prison and has sex with Kate i think it started to drag out alot, the cavalry chapters are fun sure but oh man, they dragged it so much that i started to be sick of it. What made me continue reading like crazy was Hana, easily best character. They together (Kiyoshi & Hana) had the best panel, when Hana kisses Kiyoshi after she pissed on him that was the most beautiful panel. My motivation to end was for sure their relationship.

After so many dragged nonsense (cavalry, chairman side story, the bottle, Kiyoshi looking for Chiyo, vice-president & Kate looking after Mari nonsense leave, chairman in prison for no explained reason) we get to the ending. Boy i swear i was sweating cold, in 2 chapters Hana was giving vibes that instead of Kiyoshi she wanted Chiyo but thank god that was not the case.
After reading so many things about the end, i agree it isn't that bad but it ended so forcely without explaining how they got there and i hate that. Atleast give me some final answer about Hana and Kiyoshi relationship, we know Chiyo recused Kiyoshi and Hana already loved the way Kiyoshi was but a proper ending didn't hurt. Only André ended well, the others guys also got no proper ending on their relationships.

Still a very good read and one of my favourites but again, more one ruined with the ending. I will believe Hana and Kiyoshi made up, i would be destroyed if they took apart on diff paths it would be so many build up between them for nothing.
8/10 - Fucking hilarious & Hana best girl/character
Dec 11, 2020 10:01 AM

Jan 2020
I didn't hate this chapter as much as most people. It definitely could have been way better and it felt really sudden but I still enjoyed the prison school manga as a whole. I binged the entire sports festival saga up to the end in a few days so that might have been why I didn't feel betrayed.

Honestly they should of have ended off Prison school with Mari's speech last chapter. It felt like a better spot to end than this chapter.
ManWildDec 11, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2, 2021 1:08 AM
Jun 2020
Hiramoto should revive this manga(by changing the last chapter) and continue it further, it'll get very popular again.
Jan 13, 2021 1:18 PM
Jan 2021
I was obviously furious and depressed right now cause i went marathon the manga and this ending i got ? At least give us a proper ending mate. They all went through shit and had their own resolution. I would never disagree that these 5 guys are should be in jail cause their perverted actions, but not had this disastrous ending. After long enduring so many arcs and chapter hoping it would be like the first and second arc, i just felt really cheated and dissapointed.

This had many reasons why we should dissapointed. First, the ending makes the boys back to square one which is makes all the shit they've through are nothing. It's just hey let's go back to start and with new character! It is really making the whole point of story useless. Second, the ending was obviously rushed after that very slow pacing cavalry arc that we had to endure. The pacing in every arc before the cavalry arc are well paced and had more weight in it. You can tell the difference by how fast you turn the pages while reading it. It felt nice and clean in almost every arc and gives a best prison school taste of story. Last, it makes no conclusion. Like really every good story had conclusion right, and bad story hangs it on ending where there is no resolution that happen at all. I can't really get what the author want to gives to it's reader. Like, did he just want the story to be ruined after all the glory it was having ?

Anyway the story still like that. I think with the last arc and chapter we got, the ending in my opinion could get better with this :
1. Chiyo be like normal chiyo and doesn't went mari 2.0 then
We knew chiyo was still accept him even he showed his genitals in front of everybody on school while it was held an festival. So why a panties make her go mindbreak ? Maybe she will go mad but then kiyoshi will do his resolve and thus the two get along again.
2. Chiyo accept his proposal, then break up after it.(not went mari 2.0 cause chiyo isn't a girl like that, better kate and meiko takeover it) Leaving Hana as the only love interest.
Probably this is my most rational ending. I would not mind the boys send again to prison 2.0 and then resolve towards it with they eventually send back and forth. I mean, this is prison school right ? This manga had so many potential that they can squeeze it to the core. Man i would happy to see some new underclassmen that entered the school with the boys are going to their second year and repeat until they eventually graduated.

Maybe it was prison school all along, with the school ground itself being the prison or it was our mind what is imprisoned to think that there were possibilities for better ending.
Sesshomaru91Jan 14, 2021 2:29 PM
Mar 6, 2021 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
oof and eek!
kiyoshi peed.
Mar 9, 2021 5:14 PM
Oct 2020
Bro I have never commented under a discussion thing before but this ending almost made me end it all

The long ass school festival I endured that, the dumbass misunderstandingsI endured that,Rina and Andre weird relationship which I gave 0 fucks about(Lowkey had the best ending) I endured that shit,all the goddamn Hana x Kiyoshi dickriders who spammed the comments and I still don’t fucking understand why Hana was an ass the whole story but anyway I endured that but this ending I wouldn’t even wish my greatest enemy to read all this and see this ending never agian am I reading a manga this long ever in my life
Mar 16, 2021 4:05 AM
Oct 2020
I don't know about you guys but i don't like the fact that Chiyo becoming her sister and seeing her like that really sadden me. And at least show the reader what happen to the other chacraters too.
Mar 27, 2021 6:29 AM

Feb 2021
dunno why people are hating, i loved this ending. it's the perfect ending to a wacky series. 😄
i would have been disappointed if it ended any other way.
CartoonViolenceMar 27, 2021 6:40 AM
Protesters, assemble!!
Apr 11, 2021 8:52 AM
Jan 2016
Amazing, Gorgeous, Magnificent, Absolutely Glorious, the best way this manga could end. C'mon guys, who cares who Kyoshi will get with, fuck Chiyo, this ending is in line with the rest of the story
Apr 25, 2021 9:17 AM
Jul 2020
Dat_Loser_Weeb said:
Amazing, Gorgeous, Magnificent, Absolutely Glorious, the best way this manga could end. C'mon guys, who cares who Kyoshi will get with, fuck Chiyo, this ending is in line with the rest of the story
When every simp guys approve the ending(lol). No offense but I just skip to chapter 277 to read the ending whether it was good or bad. But now I know the it, I won't bother to read the whole manga. 🤧🤧🤧
May 17, 2021 2:04 AM

Sep 2012
Taizaki-han said:
Dat_Loser_Weeb said:
When every simp guys approve the ending(lol). No offense but I just skip to chapter 277 to read the ending whether it was good or bad. But now I know the it, I won't bother to read the whole manga. 🤧🤧🤧

i did the same lol

did not get the ending 100% is mc and heroine together new or did the hana telling her that hes wearing her panties right new ruined it for him so he had to hook up with Hana?

BDW 273 was funny (decided to look few chapters back to so looked at 273 to) heroine wanted them to fess up so they told her about awry little ecchi incident that happened with them lol
Jun 11, 2021 11:33 PM
May 2021
GODAMNIT KYOSHI WHY YOU SABOTAGE YOURSELF LIKE THAT !!!!
YOU FUCKING IDIOT KYOSHI !!!
Jun 27, 2021 6:16 AM

Jan 2020
What the..........
Jun 27, 2021 6:21 AM

Jan 2020
So the message this manga trying to convey is "Men are trash" ? That's it? Ok.....seems like the author hate men that much, huh?
Jun 27, 2021 6:22 AM

Jan 2020
Kiyoshi wearing Hana's panties for no reasonable reason
Jun 27, 2021 2:50 PM

Jan 2020
What happened with the other boys & girls?
Jun 27, 2021 2:53 PM

Jan 2020
Hana, the bitchest of the bitch of this series...the author probably considered the rage that he will receive if Hana x Kiyoshi is left in the shade...
Jun 27, 2021 2:53 PM

Jan 2020
Now Chiyo also looks similar to that b*tch
Jul 12, 2021 10:57 AM

Aug 2016
I'm not particularly sure why everyone hates this ending? Yeah, the manga itself has had its flaws in terms of prolonging the inevitable and certain events could've been wrapped up a lot swifter but the ending, despite being as abrupt as it was, I felt fit.

Throughout these journeys, you tend to learn these characters' tendencies and Kiyoshi has been incredibly consistent in that sense. Why wouldn't he be wearing Hana's panties? He has an incredibly simple mindset and him and Hana have constantly had the same thought process. So ofc he'd wear them simply because they're comfortable and ofc Hana would deduce that as she did the exact same. And ironically, it was Hana's confrontation revealing Kiyoshi's true nature that corrupted Chiyo.

If you think about it, this was Mitsuko's second Boob Goldberg. The relationships and all the accumulation of experiences and memories shared, all flushed down the drain (toilet pun), just to have them end up right wear they started and in even worse conditions for their second year.

This ending is truly bittersweet but I wouldn't have it any other way for a series of this nature. Only things I have complaints on is Mari's random and sudden departure, the delaying of events throughout the series and the abruptness of it all. Other than that, this is a great manga and has been an absolute ride to read.

Edit: If it truly enrages you that much, just consider chapter 276 to be the true ending. There are manga that have alternate endings in hopes to please all their fans so it shouldn't be a problem.
Jul 14, 2021 5:43 AM
Oct 2017
Prison school was the first manga I read. But that ending was so wtf; I hope Kyoshi stayed with Hana, without a doubt the best couple.
Sep 18, 2021 9:07 AM

Nov 2014
Lol I wasn't expecting that
Ha ha ha ha ha
This ending is brilliant, absurd and rushed, but brilliant!
Sep 22, 2021 4:13 PM

Apr 2018
What the actually fuck? For what did I read 278 chapters? For this utterly garbage and disgusting ending? All the build up, character development were lost in a single chapter.
Also, rest in peace for the wet t-shirts contest.

Kiyoshi, my man, you're horny. Even though the panties feel comfortable. You shouldn't have done that.
Worst ending in the world..

Still rating it a 7 for the beautiful and clean art.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 26, 2021 7:37 PM
Oct 2016
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
Sep 28, 2021 3:43 AM
Aug 2021
Just finished this, and wow what a nothing ending all that build up to that. I wanted them to end up happy especially after they all endured so much.
Oct 9, 2021 9:18 AM
Dec 2020
The fuck with the ending
Oct 11, 2021 4:25 PM
Mar 2013
It's not about the ending itself... that is Kiyoshi not ending up with Chiyo... It's about how everything ended. Mari leaving Japan - just because. No explanation. No nothing. No final farewell with her best friend - Meiko. This is what is truly disappointing. Chiyo becoming Mari 2.0? I don't give a shit to be honest. Kiyoshi should have ended up with Hana, that's why I kind of liked that part of the ending. Both of them being connected via their panties, getting used to them. That showed how strong? their bond is. That's just fucking hilarious - that's what Prison School is. The rest felt "meh" and I'm actually pissed off in the end.
Nov 5, 2021 12:14 PM
Oct 2007
Peefect ending, IMHO. A perfect degenerate ending for a less than perfect degenerate series. If you actually expected some treacly romantic ending for a degenerate like Kiyoshi, then you're probably reading the wrong manga (go read that Ichigo 100% b*llsh*t or some other sh*t) . I'm actually more surprised by that sweet, Hallmark postcard ending for Andre and Risa. But this Kiyoshi ending is EXACTLY the uncompromising insanity you would logically expect from this manga.

In fact, we can contrast RisaXAndre with HanaXKiyoshi. RxA embraced their fetishes/"deviance"/"degeneracy" and were able to embrace themselves and their feelings. Thus they were able to enter a romantic relationship (outside the bounds of their fetishes) with open minds and open hearts.

HxK on the other hand involved pathological assholes who were in denial of their feelings and harbored varying degrees of self-loathing. Both H and K actually view themselves in relation the the ideal (i.e. Chiyo with H wanting to be more like Chiyo and K admitting several times that he does not deserve Chiyo).

The supposed abrupt ending was actually the kindest way for Hiramoto to spare you from the graphic/gory details of an HxK toxic relationship/death spiral (if that ship even actually sails after Tanabata).
OneirosNov 5, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 20, 2022 6:20 AM
Jan 2022
trash ending 1/10 regret reading this manga. 9/10 art style love it
uncanny1234Jan 20, 2022 6:24 AM
Mar 10, 2022 6:50 AM

Mar 2020
Prison School is such a great manga overall that even an ending like this couldn't ruin my enjoyment.
Yes the series went downhill earlier than that (around Chapter 220 I think) but it got back on track for a while after the sports cavalry arc finally concluded. It is kind of sad that none of the characters except
Andre got a happy ending but if you think about it, none of them really deserve one either.

I kinda wish they would've expanded on the chairman arc a little. It was fun but I really wanted to know why they built a prison for him back then and how he became the chairman.
Mar 29, 2022 8:48 AM
Dec 2020
An amazing manga, no doubt.
B-but,
Huffff...dang it! The last quarter was an utter dissapointment, dragging on and on. Hoped that last arc wouldbe good, and it was!.....Welp! Until the final chapter:). Gotta be harsh with the words- this was undoubtedly the shittiest ending I have ever read.

Givng this a 9/10. I know it in my heart that this isn't worth of it, because of the final few arcs and the ending. But the laughs and histerias I had from this manga kinda forced me to give it a 9. I guess it was a 10/10 until the shoulder war arc.

Honestly....just what a f*ckin' dissapointment!!!
Mar 29, 2022 8:52 AM
Dec 2020
Novable said:
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

I know man, I know....:)
May 9, 2022 11:08 AM
Dec 2010
Great manga, loved the overall art, and especially the humor of the early chapters. The Sports Festival arc definitely was the low point of the series, but I thought that it got better at the end again.

Can't really say that I am too disappointed with the end, since I was really thinking (because everyone was complaining how BAD it actually was) that the author was going to retcon the whole story in the last chapters by making it all a dream or killing off a character because of how weird it suddenly got at the Sports festival. But getting extremely butthurt about neither of Kiyoshi's relationships coming to fruition and thus warning people not to read the last chapters of the manga is taking it a little bit too far.

8/10

May 25, 2022 3:03 PM

Mar 2010
I really enjoyed the first half of the manga and the art is great.
For me it went downhill around chapter 160 with the scene under the bed sheets and the arcs after that were pretty boring and unfunny.
May 31, 2022 12:11 AM

Nov 2015
Ruined... Worst ending
Jun 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Dec 2014
I don't dislike the ending, but I couldn't make much sense of why it happened. Why did Kiyoshi actually wearing Hana's panties cause such a drastic change on Chiyo? How is Kiyoshi actually wearing Hana's panties any different or worse than everything Chiyo already accepted about Kiyoshi and his complicated relationship with Hana? 🤔

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Jun 16, 2022 11:08 AM

Jan 2016
Nozdref said:
I don't dislike the ending, but I couldn't make much sense of why it happened. Why did Kiyoshi actually wearing Hana's panties cause such a drastic change on Chiyo? How is Kiyoshi actually wearing Hana's panties any different or worse than everything Chiyo already accepted about Kiyoshi and his complicated relationship with Hana? 🤔

It is different, it's like admitting he has a bond with Hana(that he isn't conscious of), then to summarize all: everyone else totally forgot about her birthday and the party, her sister left her without saying a word, her father in prison, the guy she liked won by another girl and the bitterness(piss[lol jk]) with how it happened, literally the wrost birthday ever lol, if you empathize you may justify her drastic change;

I've been for Kiyoshi x Hana till the end so i didn't came out that shattered by the ending, tho i didn't imagined it like that lol, instead of being happy i felt so bad for Chiyo

It is pretty much an open ending, the development of the various relationships is left to the reader's imagination, not necessarily a bad thing. I've never read this manga in a serious way anyway, for me it was a gag opera and this 'wtf' finale it's coherent to it, tho it could have been better notheless xd
I enjoyed the reading in complex, 8/10 for me, could have been higher if the ending was better done

Jul 14, 2022 7:52 PM
Dec 2019
i really dont like the ending
the autor make retcon in what kyoshi say just to make that horrible ending
i think he dont like the manga anymore and just made this shit
i fell bad because i like this manga a lot
i hope in the future he made a chapter retcon and finish the arc
Aug 3, 2022 8:07 PM
Feb 2013
This is a great ending and funny af
Aug 20, 2022 7:59 AM
Aug 2022
PS was my first manga and I had a blast reading it. Also artwork is a masterpiece on its own. But... But... As a sentimental and romantic guy I fell in love with Hana x Kiyo ship. I know, i know everyone says the same thing. I'll just say that it hit me hard being left without a proper closure. I haven't seen anything more sensual and erotic than Hana and Kiyoshi panels. That "Please kill me." panel... Damn, I get goosebumps. Also their first kiss when she's sitting on him, phew. Hat's off to Akira.

Now about the actual chapter. Am I the only one who doesn't give a single F about PBR arc? So much time was wasted on that bullshit. Also it feels like some characters barely developed at all after 278 chapters... Kiyoshi is still called trash by Mari after saving her ass and sacrificing all he had (!). It was fun in the beginning but in the end its just unbelievable. Also Kiyoshi still being unsure if Hana likes him (!?) but at the same time telling her that he will date her if Chiyo rejects him? It feels like in the end Kiyoshi lost all personality and just became a dumbed down MC who is stupid as a brick. I could go on and on, damn. Mari suddenly leaving makes 0 sense because it's all her fault or something. Also Kiyoshi being called a pervert every second gets stale quickly. Chiyo being totally oblivious to Hana's constant verbal abuse towards Kiyoshi and even protective of Hana's feelings (what?). I honestly wish that we could get one last good dialog between Hana and Kiyoshi where he recognizes her and she is gentle to him like she was before when he hurt his hand.

The only logical explanation is that Akira indeed had to wrap up the series in 2-3 chapters because otherwise it all doesn't make sense. People who say that everything is how it's supposed to be good for you guys but it's just not the case.
Sep 1, 2022 9:28 AM
May 2022
Just a disappointment.
Sep 8, 2022 1:04 AM
Aug 2019
I heard it had a bad ending but this didn't bother me at all. This entire manga has to be read as a parody of itself and there's something oddly poetic about our MC being a trash person and not getting the perfect happy ending at the very last moment. Mindbreak Chiyo perfectly fills the man hating president role that her sister left open. It's a meme ending for a total meme manga
Sep 11, 2022 1:19 PM
Aug 2020
The most repulsive shit I've ever vitnessed... Even worse than AOT.. They did kiyoshi dirty and ain't no way that's chiyo! I wish it never existed like the movies of Code Geass.... Non canon! kangoku Gakuen ended for me at 275
Sep 20, 2022 2:51 PM

Oct 2018
I was really surprised while reading this arc since I had heard Prison School come up a lot in the worst endings of all time, but the arc wasn't too bad. I could tell it was rushed with the Mari and Chairman getting completely shafted, but it was still funny and the main characters I cared about were given focus. I even loved the cavalry arc which other people hated, maybe because I finished it in 2 days.

But this? Holy shit I have not read a worse chapter before in a manga. The author somehow managed to ruin the entire manga in a single chapter. And why? All Hiramoto had to do was have Hana congratulate the couple, maybe have her cry a bit and Chiyo console her, ending KiyoshiXHana and letting her move on. Then just show us how the boys are doing in school sometime in the future and maybe a glimpse of the wet t-shirt contest. Hell, that contest could be used to show how much the boys have grown too, with them paying attention to their own girls instead of lusting over others.

Instead, we get this garbage. Hana and Chiyo's characters are completely ruined. Kiyoshi turned out to be an idiot of cosmic proportions. And we never get to see what happens with the other boys. And to add insult to injury, the final 2 pages just pulled the story back to square one. 277 chapters for literally nothing.
Before this chapter, I was thinking of giving this manga a 9 or 10/10, but now my feelings are closer to 7.5/10. I will give it an 8 only because of how good it was before, but wow has the ending left a sour aftertaste. This manga does deserve to be in the list of worst chapters of all time.
Oct 14, 2022 12:18 AM

Oct 2021
oh god this is truly one of the manga, not in a good way though. (shit this is going to be a rant.)
titties, titties and titties!! yes that's it...the plot of prison school. no progression and whatsoever yes i know it's a comedy and i gotta give it a score for actually making me laugh cause of how dumb it is. this was such a shit-fest story that(it was good only till mid arc) only if drawings and designs( love the character design of mari and chiyo) weren't so peak i would have given this a 1. and what is this conclusion? evil chiyo takes place of shadow student council and boys being horny again. i endured reading this last arc only to be disappointed again. 4/10
Dec 14, 2022 1:11 AM
Sep 2019
Hear me out , the idea of the ending is not bad idea like Chiyo turns to hate boys like her sister because of Kiyoshi , but the way the event is presented is bad it all happened too fast , and I really don't know i have mixd feelings for the ending but ofc it could've been better, 8/10
Jan 29, 2023 3:09 AM

Jun 2021
It wasn't horrible, but the execution felt way too rushed. I myself wouldn't be so disappointed if the pacing was right.
When it comes to character resolutions, it's not very satisfying.Kiyoshi and the boys' aftermath wasn't explained at all. They're again in prison, and the whole story just relapsed.
The journey was fantastic, but the ending was disappointing. For the sake of the journey, I'm giving it a 7 and expecting some follow-up from the mangaka; the story is not ended in any way.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» i need a fanfiction/ fanending whatever you call it , original ending sucks so much.

NaughtySempai - Apr 17

8 by _fumetsu »»
May 31, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Kangoku Gakuen Chapter 120 Discussion

tomtomr92 - Dec 12, 2013

36 by Crossbones997 »»
May 23, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Prison School Chapter 178 Discussion ( 1 2 )

keragamming - May 29, 2015

70 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 16, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Prison School Chapter 177 Discussion

VeryNicePerson - May 16, 2015

33 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 16, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Favorite girl?

Zero00phantom - Apr 1

21 by innahnet »»
Apr 6, 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.