Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2023 4:45 PM

Mar 2016
This is a recent interview panel with Keiichi Hara and Tomohisa Taguchi for Annecy International Animation Film Festival 2023

Not saying this will affect Part 3 & 4, but yea, some very…..interesting and unexpected commentary from them regarding the anime industry, to put it lightly.

Take it with a grain of salt for now.

https://fullfrontal.moe/taguchi-hara-annecy2023/
RyuseishunJul 10, 10:34 PM
Dec 11, 2023 8:56 PM

Nov 2020
Someone mention me and summarize pls
Dec 12, 2023 11:35 AM
Nov 2016
To be fair what Keiichi hara is mentioning are actual bad animators in the industry whom are dragging down the rest of the team and are presumingly exploiting the studios for barely any work, and the dilemma of paying monthly that comes with animators not performing their best knowing they get paid either way for what output they do, etc. As for Taguchi its nothing wrong with looking in to Ai, there are anime studios that use Ai in 3d when it comes to perspective distortions to make it look like its 2D from different angles. AI tools can be great reference points and ofcourse as he mentioned its a tool that can help out, both for writing and ease up the work for animators. Its about getting ahead of the curve with AI as its going to be more prevalent and better in the future. As for TYBW cour 3 and 4 I don't think its going to be affected by any of these stuff given this is just wishful thinking and being up to date with what is going on.
Dec 12, 2023 2:00 PM
May 2018
Japan should stop using foreign Twitter animators and just teach their young Japanese how to animate. Foreign Twitter animators, usually from the West, don't understand anime, and from what I've seen, they usually don't give the same feeling. These people may be good technically, but they don't give the emotional feel to the animation that a Japanese animator would give.
Dec 14, 2023 12:01 PM

Nov 2020
@ANTITHE5IS you're goated for this response thanks bro.
Dec 14, 2023 9:01 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to Cheggeronis
@ANTITHE5IS you're goated for this response thanks bro.
@Cheggeronis

I'm glad you got your answer for what it's worth., but just a reminder that I'm merely a messenger here. Not even trying to insinuate anything like the one that gave an answer to you claimed. Not even a case of "lack of reading comprehension" like said person claims for whatever reason. I'm just sharing what I thought was something interesting for discussion, though perhaps I should've posted this as a general forum discussion instead of tagging Bleach with it, in retrospect. Hence why I quite literally say "take it with a grain of salt", cause while there's enough validity to these blogs and articles, they don't answer everything going on behind the scenes ofc.
Dec 15, 2023 2:59 PM

Mar 2016
Reply to arvetan
Japan should stop using foreign Twitter animators and just teach their young Japanese how to animate. Foreign Twitter animators, usually from the West, don't understand anime, and from what I've seen, they usually don't give the same feeling. These people may be good technically, but they don't give the emotional feel to the animation that a Japanese animator would give.
@arvetan

Yea, the heavy reliance on overseas web animators isn’t something sustainable in the long run.
Dec 17, 2023 7:19 AM

Mar 2016
Kinda thankful that this thread didn't raise as much of a commotion as I initially feared, just a handful of amusing comments instead. Dodged a bullet, I guess.
Dec 28, 2023 6:18 PM
Nov 2022
Reply to Ryuseishun
@arvetan

Yea, the heavy reliance on overseas web animators isn’t something sustainable in the long run.
@Ryuseishun since past 3 or 5 years they increasing that's not even a good sign and they are web animators who are age of 14 and 16 working in mappa series and this leads to child labour act
Jan 11, 6:25 PM

Jun 2023
Reposting my original reply to the OP that debunked his thread so the important substance in that post remains here, but without the personal attacks that got it and a couple of other likeminded posts from other users removed:

Here's what your article is actually saying:

>An industry veteran (Keiichi Hara) in a blunt manner expressed his frustration with the production process coming to a halt due to animators who are paid upfront and proceed to work on side projects instead of their main job, impacting the layout and key animation stages and ultimately haemorrhaging time and money thanks to the aforementioned halt in production. He even knows someone who didn't do any work for a full year after the initial meetings.
This is a valid and completely understandable complaint.

>A dynamic and popular director (Tomohisa Taguchi) comments that he sees the industry implementing AI--being the rapidly advancing technology that it is--more in the future and suggests that it could resolve Hara's problem with neglectful animators when sophisticated enough.
This is a valid and completely normal observation.
Jul 10, 10:33 PM

Mar 2016
I come back to this forum thread on a whim and of course I get a followup response that was still implying I'm spreading misinformation after I've clearly wanted to share the matters for discussion, not trying to imply something negative.
In fairness, it was my fault for using the wrong words at the time. My fault for being a mere messenger.

Good points made by said response, with that being said. Let's hope that same positive can be said for Cour 3.
RyuseishunJul 10, 10:36 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

228 by addictedtoliving »»
Jun 27, 6:17 PM

» Lets talk about the personalities of the quiences

HardcoreHeld - Jun 25

12 by HardcoreHeld »»
Jun 26, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

294 by Kuroko12rt »»
Jun 23, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2023

180 by icyicy00 »»
Jun 23, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

162 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 6, 5:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.