Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 1, 2022 3:06 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:
It’s better than the humor in demon slayer

demon slayer has some other amazing selling points which sxf couldnt even hope to compare.

THIS is a comedy show. so repetetive comedy is a much bigger issue in this case

Bro it’s not that serious…if demon slayer is your favorite just say that
Oct 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Apr 2018
the manga's already gotten stale for me
Oct 1, 2022 3:47 PM
Dec 2021
for me, from the beginning it was obsolete. But I'm a fan of comedy anime. So I think it might be the director's fault.
Oct 1, 2022 4:35 PM

Nov 2019
It got boring when the creator decided to play another death flag as a humourous factor in the second episode, and I was surprised that Yukino Yukinoshita had yet got herself killed with her cluelessness and shit. Style to fake substance, i guess, and it seems that something remotely family-related and similar is enough to make otaku fall hard for it.

Another note is that when I can stand Johnny English, it was kinda hard to endure the blatant unproductiveness of a mission to save the world. When they were trying so desperately playing house, I bet the world had already been torn apart.
SgtBateManOct 1, 2022 7:03 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Oct 1, 2022 4:48 PM

Oct 2021
The show's appeal shouldn't be in the humor only. I really want them to focus more on the actual plot than sol comedy this time around. More serious scenes, more plot & character development, more romance, more action, and more world building. I would also want to see the tension and clash between the countries.

Then again, if the manga author wrote the story to be a more of a sol comedy with a stretched out plot rather than a drama mystery action, I'm fine with it as long as it's good.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Oct 1, 2022 6:10 PM

Jun 2019
Same with other anime.
Oct 1, 2022 6:43 PM
Oct 2019
I mean, it's supposed to be PG and fluffy with some drama mixed in so idk what you expect, just enjoy the ride or get off
Oct 2, 2022 2:42 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread cleaned, off-topic posts and baiting removed.
-DxP-Oct 2, 2022 2:51 AM
Oct 2, 2022 4:49 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

demon slayer has some other amazing selling points which sxf couldnt even hope to compare.

THIS is a comedy show. so repetetive comedy is a much bigger issue in this case

Ehh yeah?
Its one of my favorites so what?
Im not the one who started to compare them though.
Oct 2, 2022 4:59 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

Ehh yeah?

I was just stating my opinion because that’s usually what forums are for…I’m not saying that spy x family is the best show/manga in the world because I know it’s not and neither is demon slayer…I actually like them both for very different reasons and what I said was mostly a joke because even super fans of Demon Slayer know the comedy is terrible

People really can’t take a joke nowadays🙄
Oct 2, 2022 5:39 PM
Feb 2016
CickNipolla said:
Trailer for Spy x Family came out, and a lot of the humor is the exact same. Anya making the same couple faces, Yor being a psycho, and dog. The humor is one of the few selling points of the show, however to me towards the end of the first season it was already getting a bit dull. I feel like after awhile just spamming the same few gags will just get stale and the show will lose its appeal.

Like cmon, after the 100th time Anya goes O_O, im just sitting there like -_-

From an artist perspective I honestly came for the cool character designs stayed for the humor and heartwarming moments and now committed to the story and the cool family dynamic so have it how u want
If u wanna focus on the sense of humor that’s u should drop it
Oct 2, 2022 5:52 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

Ehh yeah?

I was just stating my opinion because that’s usually what forums are for…I’m not saying that spy x family is the best show/manga in the world because I know it’s not and neither is demon slayer…I actually like them both for very different reasons and what I said was mostly a joke because even super fans of Demon Slayer know the comedy is terrible

Why are you having issues with me commenting on your "opinion" which apparently was a joke that nobody gets because its a blank statement.

Oct 2, 2022 5:55 PM

May 2020
JaneAlexis said:
CickNipolla said:
Trailer for Spy x Family came out, and a lot of the humor is the exact same. Anya making the same couple faces, Yor being a psycho, and dog. The humor is one of the few selling points of the show, however to me towards the end of the first season it was already getting a bit dull. I feel like after awhile just spamming the same few gags will just get stale and the show will lose its appeal.

Like cmon, after the 100th time Anya goes O_O, im just sitting there like -_-

From an artist perspective I honestly came for the cool character designs stayed for the humor and heartwarming moments and now committed to the story and the cool family dynamic so have it how u want
If u wanna focus on the sense of humor that’s u should drop it

what story is there to focus on
Oct 2, 2022 6:00 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

Why are you having issues with me commenting on your "opinion" which apparently was a joke that nobody gets because its a blank statement.

I don’t have any issues with you commenting…I’m actually amused that you’re so passionate & defensive about a fictional show

Must’ve had a huge impact on you
Oct 2, 2022 6:35 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

I don’t have any issues with you commenting…I’m actually amused that you’re so passionate & defensive about a fictional show

"defensive" "passionate" because i replied on a comment in a discussion forum?
riight.
Oct 2, 2022 6:44 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

riight.

Yep [character limit]
Oct 2, 2022 6:51 PM
Apr 2022
That's why you need to binge read it instead since you can blast through the staleness
Oct 2, 2022 6:52 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

riight.

Yep [character limit]

you are weird man. if anything you are the one passionately defending sxf. you really love this show that much?
Oct 2, 2022 6:55 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

Yep [character limit]

you are weird man. if anything you are the one passionately defending sxf. you really love this show that much?

Bro I literally just said not too long ago that I like spy x family and demon slayer for different reasons…neither of them are in my favorites because they aren’t the best

If you think that me saying the comedy is better than demon slayer is me saying it’s the best show in the entire world you’re the one that’s weird
Oct 2, 2022 7:00 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

Bro I literally just said not too long ago that I like spy x family and demon slayer for different reasons…neither of them are in my favorites because they aren’t the best

If you think that me saying the comedy is better than demon slayer is me saying it’s the best show in the entire world you’re the one that’s weird

then why did you get triggered by this thread pointing out the comedy is getting stale. you dont agree with that?
Oct 2, 2022 7:12 PM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

then why did you get triggered by this thread pointing out the comedy is getting stale. you dont agree with that?

I wasn’t triggered…like I said before I was making a joke…just like the guy that said it was better than the same old Isekai ecchi jokes in this same thread

You’re the one that was triggered by my comment

Goodnight
Oct 2, 2022 9:59 PM
Apr 2020
Nikki777 said:
ayaan692 said:

I wasn’t triggered…like I said before I was making a joke…just like the guy that said it was better than the same old Isekai ecchi jokes in this same thread

Goodnight

nah not really but you really like diverting topics when things get uncomfortable lol.
you dont like people talking bad about sxf and you divert the topic by attacking demon slayer in hope to shifitng the topic about demon slayer.
i simply point out that demon slayer isnt just a comedy like sxf and you divert the topic again going personal about how much i like demon slayer and how defensive i am about it which was still very weird btw.
when i finally get the topic back to sxf you just bail out triggered.
and you probably still wont answer the question about this thread.
is the comedy getting stale or not?
Oct 3, 2022 6:25 AM
May 2021
ayaan692 said:
Nikki777 said:

Goodnight

nah not really but you really like diverting topics when things get uncomfortable lol.
you dont like people talking bad about sxf and you divert the topic by attacking demon slayer in hope to shifitng the topic about demon slayer.
i simply point out that demon slayer isnt just a comedy like sxf and you divert the topic again going personal about how much i like demon slayer and how defensive i am about it which was still very weird btw.
when i finally get the topic back to sxf you just bail out triggered.
and you probably still wont answer the question about this thread.
is the comedy getting stale or not?

I don’t think the comedy in spy family is stale…it still makes me smile/laugh…my main problem with it is the pacing because it’s moving kinda slow in terms of the story & that’s probably why some people take the comedy as being stale

I’ve only found a hand full of scenes in demon slayer genuinely funny other jokes are a bit cringey…I honestly like the show more when it’s being serious but I also have a problem with the pacing in this one as well because I wish they took more time to flesh out the characters especially Tanjiro’s family…sometimes it feels like people get introduced to just die 2 seconds later

Both shows are enjoyable but they have their own issues

Are you happy now? Are you satisfied with my answer? Since you seem to care so much about my opinion.
Nikki777Oct 3, 2022 6:28 AM
Oct 3, 2022 6:55 AM

Mar 2018
I don't think it's focused fully on comedy alone, It's supposed to be wholesome with some romance and family stuff mixed in. So if you watch it solely on the comedy of course you'll get bored sooner or later

ah sorry for being out of topic, as for me I enjoyed what their delivered and the comedy always gets me. and I don't think it'll become stale because these kinds of jokes are my cup of tea. But yeah comedy is pretty subjective, so i can't say for sure

» Snowflake - Shihoko Hirata «
0:51 ─〇───── 4:54 ⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹  ↻

Traveler, Please enjoy your stay

Oct 3, 2022 6:27 PM

Dec 2021
I actually want to drop it around episode 8 or 7 first season, its quite dull, I mean first half is amazing once enter second half when actual plot begin, it try to combine romance, slice of life, action, drama etc into 1 anime. Its jack of all trades but master of nothing, i probably watch some random clip spy x family on youtube if i want wholesome and cute scene only.

Also i actually made it till end s1, but damn i skip whole episode till the end. till the point its boring

It is good show if u are new and u didnt watch many anime before, Good starter anime

(Again my opinion)
Oct 3, 2022 10:01 PM
Jun 2022
The last few chapters in the manga are a bit like fillers. I'm hoping for a major arc. Though, I still love the comedy between loid and Anya.It never gets old.
Oct 4, 2022 2:19 PM
Apr 2022
Yeah, I mean you can argue that's what most comedy shows do. And like, every other show in this season seem kinda trash so far. It's not like there is a lot of competition.

It's like Gintama humor. It's basically the same style of balls jokes or dead beat dad jokes or gorilla jokes etc. just looped for hundreds of episodes, while they slowly fill in the plots for the main story....

Like..... it's like fucking bitch about why Doraemon keeps trying to encourage this loser to become a bigger loser every single episode... I mean, that's kind of the show, .... lol.
Oct 6, 2022 10:29 PM

Aug 2020
It's at that point
Jan 3, 2023 1:56 AM

Oct 2008
I mean all of p2 is essentially the humor getting more and more stale.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2022

251 by Mat2468xk »»
May 15, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2022

361 by enessenpai0 »»
May 13, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2022

221 by FoodFan364 »»
May 9, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2022

254 by boumboumboum »»
May 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Dec 17, 2022

256 by enessenpai0 »»
May 7, 7:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.