Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 3, 2021 6:00 PM
Jan 2016
I have watched about 6 episodes now and I really do not understand what makes this anime so amazing, I think it's boring as hell and I dont wanna watch more of it. I know the final season is one of the best anime of all time now I guess but im having a hard time believing that. So please lmk what to look forward to in this anime cuz rn im thinking of dropping it
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 3, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2018
Oh boy here we go. I'm sure this will be a great forum thread....
If you don't want to watch an anime don't. No one owes you a reason to keep watching it lol.
My taste is trash. So is yours.
Jul 3, 2021 6:03 PM
Jan 2016
But i know that this anime has merit to it, I just wanna know why im finding it boring. I WANT to like it
Jul 3, 2021 6:08 PM

Mar 2020
If you DON'T like it just DROP it, it's as simple as that
And if you want to LIKE it so bad
Read the reviews on it there's ton of them telling you what's great about it in their opinion.
Jul 3, 2021 6:09 PM
Jan 2016
I love anime that have good stories, so I want to give this one a chance. I just dont know how long I can last of being bored. Maybe it's just my taste im not sure
Jul 3, 2021 6:12 PM
Feb 2021
If you found it boring then that's fine. You don't have to like it just because it's one of the best anime of all time (I think it's the best). Personally, what I like most is the message about the importance of forgiveness and compassion.
csl_naitsirhcJul 3, 2021 6:15 PM
Jul 3, 2021 6:15 PM
Jan 2016
christianlsc_ said:
If you found it boring then that's fine. You don't have to like it just because it's one of the best animes of all time (I think it's the best). Personally, what I like most is the message about the importance of forgiveness and compassion.
Ive seen some of the best romance / drama stories such as clannad and toradora and absolutely loved them. Idk why Im having a hard time with this one
Jul 3, 2021 6:18 PM

Jun 2021
i honestly found the first season kind of boring too and i feel like i just forced myself to keep watching it just so i could finish the whole anime but i heard that there were some improvements during the second season so it's up to you if you still want to finish it. i totally feel like the first season was really slow placed tho
idk where my signature went
Jul 3, 2021 6:18 PM

Feb 2020
for me
its kind of interesting to when new character popping up and anticipating which zodiac they are and how they behave. also first season ending is very solid at the very least.
other then that it tohru and her interactions and backstories very heart warming / soothing

I am not sure whether that would help or not for ur case

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 3, 2021 6:21 PM
Feb 2021
Ponzerelli said:
christianlsc_ said:
If you found it boring then that's fine. You don't have to like it just because it's one of the best animes of all time (I think it's the best). Personally, what I like most is the message about the importance of forgiveness and compassion.
Ive seen some of the best romance / drama stories such as clannad and toradora and absolutely loved them. Idk why Im having a hard time with this one

Well, expectation walks hand in hand with disappointment. Maybe you are watching and expecting too much hehe
Jul 3, 2021 6:33 PM
Jan 2016
christianlsc_ said:
Ponzerelli said:

Well, expectation walks hand in hand with disappointment. Maybe you are watching and expecting too much hehe
maybe, im gonna keep watching it and if I still dont like it after S1 than i dont know if ill watch S2
Jul 3, 2021 6:33 PM
Jan 2021
Dropping this is like not having breakfast lunch and dinner for me, I recently finished it and let me tell you I cried- it has so much added to it.
Jul 3, 2021 6:36 PM
Feb 2021
Ponzerelli said:
christianlsc_ said:

maybe, im gonna keep watching it and if I still dont like it after S1 than i dont know if ill watch S2

Yeah, give it a try and just enjoy the details
Jul 3, 2021 6:40 PM
Aug 2019
Ponzerelli said:
I have watched about 6 episodes now and I really do not understand what makes this anime so amazing, I think it's boring as hell and I dont wanna watch more of it. I know the final season is one of the best anime of all time now I guess but im having a hard time believing that. So please lmk what to look forward to in this anime cuz rn im thinking of dropping it
drop it buddy
I did the same :)
Jul 3, 2021 6:56 PM
Apr 2020
Yeah it took a while for me to get into it. It’s really slow and nothing happens for a while in the first season. I’d say it picks up around episode 10. I’m glad I toughed it out and got to experience a great show.
Jul 3, 2021 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
first of all, you can always just drop something that just isn't your type of anime, but your are only 6 episodes in, they haven't showed you nothing, also, is a drama so the pacing is different from other shows, if u don't understand that, then better just drop it
also, if you're not familiarized with shoujo animes u probably won't like this
Jul 3, 2021 7:07 PM

Oct 2018
Summary of the events in Furuba:

Season 1 - Introductory Arc (Clannad is the same as this)

Season 2 - Character development and improvement of story in Season 1. The last episode is a cliffhanger.

The final - The main climax of the entire story. This will answer the questions of subplots from Season 1 and Season 2 (It's like Clannad After Story Arc).

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 3, 2021 7:10 PM
Oct 2019
Ponzerelli said:
(...)one of the best shoujo. Calling it "one of the best anime of all time" is a formula for disappointment.
Jul 3, 2021 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
Idk for me it was just a cute comedy anime in the beginning and then they drop hints of something bigger going on in the background that’s why I kept watching it
Jul 3, 2021 7:32 PM
Apr 2020
i like this anime a lot, but the beginning for me was kind of slow. no one can force you to watch it, but if there’s nothing else you’re watching at the moment, just keep watching this! :))
Jul 3, 2021 7:42 PM
Jul 2021
The main reason that you find this show boring is that you are trying to finish watching this. SoL shows don't give someone that much incentive to move to the next episode like action, mystery and Sci-fis do. They are generally slow paced, it's all about buildup until the climax. Just take your time and don't hurry. Like one can't hurry in reading masterpieces like Anna Karenina and Don Quixote, because they are really slow paced, good SoL like Furuba should be watched with patience till the end. Then you'll find that every episode was worth your time and patience.
Jul 3, 2021 7:59 PM
Nov 2020
If u want to drop it, just drop it. Don't think too much. I agree this season is kinda boring, it's only introductory season. u can start final season if u want.
Jul 3, 2021 8:00 PM
Feb 2017
It's overrated imho, but it does get better later on. First season was cliched as fuck (later seasons are also cliched but...). In season 2 and later, the plot starts to unfold itself, so basically, wo go from an average shoujo anime to a decent drama.
And if you cannot stand it at the moment, drop it. You won't suddenly start loving this, trust me.
Jan 2018
The reason to watch this anime is entirely for its writing and character interactions. This anime excels in those two categories better than most any other show ive seen. But if those two subjects dont interest you then tou should drop it.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Feb 2021
It does get better for the record but if you don’t like it drop it.
Jul 3, 2021 8:01 PM

Dec 2020
Ankita_131178 said:
The main reason that you find this show boring is that you are trying to finish watching this. SoL shows don't give someone that much incentive to move to the next episode like action, mystery and Sci-fis do. They are generally slow paced, it's all about buildup until the climax. Just take your time and don't hurry. Like one can't hurry in reading masterpieces like Anna Karenina and Don Quixote, because they are really slow paced, good SoL like Furuba should be watched with patience till the end. Then you'll find that every episode was worth your time and patience.

This. Different kinds of shows require different mindsets when watching (or at least require such if one wants to make the most of what they watch). On a similar note, I’d suggest not “binging” if you are. Literally 1 or 2 episodes a day, no rush. It might just be a personal thing, but I’ve come to realize I had ruined a few shows by sort of pushing towards finishing, watching more episodes in a row than would’ve been good.
Jul 3, 2021 8:04 PM
Jun 2020
Ponzerelli said:
christianlsc_ said:

the end of the first season is great so if you really don’t like it by then drop it. I personally love Toradora as well and recommend Fruits Basket to the fullest.
Jul 3, 2021 8:07 PM

Apr 2020
If you don’t like then drop or you may keep on hold just to watch years later
Jul 3, 2021 8:08 PM

Dec 2020
no need to force yourself to like something
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 3, 2021 8:21 PM
Nov 2020
For me the comedy was enough to keep me invested.
Jul 3, 2021 8:22 PM
Apr 2020
I just don't know what to say... Everytime I rewatch it I cry a little more. I'm usually a shonen watcher but there is too much feels in this show to be ignored. But that's how I personally feel. I connect to the characters I guess.
Jul 3, 2021 8:43 PM
Feb 2021
I personally haven't seen it but, if you really don't like the show so far... You probably won't later and forcing yourself to sit through it will make you hate it even more. So I recommend you either put it on hold and come back later to give it another try or just drop it. Have a good day.
Jul 3, 2021 8:46 PM
Apr 2016
Fruits Basket is my favorite anime of all time and the most meaningful story I've come across. The first season is boring as hell. The first interesting episode is s1 ep7. The protagonist states a goal for the first time s2 ep11. It's all uphill from there. In my experience, shows that are primarily about character development have a lot of setup (March Comes In Like A Lion and Clannad/Clannad After Story are like this too).

Fruits Basket is primarily about recovering from trauma and coping with depression. The characters motivations, insecurities, and reactions are incredibly realistic and thoroughly explored. The author has an astounding amount in insight into human emotion. I've truly seen nothing like it. I would recommend it to any person, but I'd make sure to warn them that it has a slow start, and that if it seems tropey those tropes will be subverted by realistic motivations later on.

It's secondarily about romance. Normally I'm not super into romance, but I'm pretty invested in at least the main one in this. Thirdly it's probably a mystery? This adaption isn't as much of a mystery as the manga, but that's neither here nor there.

Edit: spelling
Jul 3, 2021 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
You know, if you're gonna respond to people telling you to drop it if you want with stuff about how you "want to like it" and "like anime with great stories", then isn't that your reason right there?
Jul 3, 2021 9:27 PM
Nov 2020
No, I don't think I will
Jul 3, 2021 9:42 PM

Apr 2020
your taste is not drama, mybe you better watch shounen instead. After all, you're watching cuz Furuba trend? Don't make me laugh.
Jul 3, 2021 9:53 PM

Sep 2018
I finished s1, and never started season 2. I recommend dropping since it is unlikely to change throughout the season.
Jul 3, 2021 10:06 PM
Oct 2020
Ponzerelli said:

I had a hard time watching it too, if you contiune watching it and finish the first season and still feel bored from it, just drop the show
Jul 3, 2021 10:33 PM

Nov 2017
Ponzerelli said:

It’s become one of the top runners because of its prestige, dedication to respecting the source, as well as being a just overall really good shoujo anime. Not sure your tastes, but if you’re looking for high-pressure fights, really deep lore, or fan-service , you’re not going to find much of that here. This is an emotional drama, and not everyone enjoys them. If that includes you, do not worry because you are not missing out on anything, and it’s better to perhaps save it for a time where it may be in more of your interests to become invested.
Jul 3, 2021 10:46 PM
Feb 2021
The first season is more about setting up the characters and their back story, the second is building up/revealing their trauma, and the third is them healing from it. If it doesn’t do it for you, it doesn’t do it for you it’s fine to drop.
Jul 3, 2021 10:50 PM
Dec 2020
Because it's fucking adorable.
Jul 3, 2021 11:01 PM
Apr 2021
Ponzerelli said:
But i know that this anime has merit to it, I just wanna know why im finding it boring. I WANT to like it

You can’t force yourself to like something, but, if you want to discover what why people love this anime, just continue watching the whole S1, and if you don’t like after doing it, drop it.
Jul 3, 2021 11:06 PM
Dec 2019
First of all, stop having high expectations from this anime.
High expectations ruins the fun...all the time
Also you can clearly see...the 1st season doesn't even have that great of a rank(#300+)...so obviously S1 is not the best fruits basket hast to offer. On the other hand s2 is in top 100 and S3 in top 10.
So plz keep watching it.
Jul 3, 2021 11:08 PM
Jan 2021
Gojo and megumi voice actors are here 🤣
Jul 3, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2021
The first season is only for introducing the characters, second for some mystery and third is the dark side of the anime, you can drop it if you want maybe it's not for you (I mean you don't like drama or slice of life or something )
Jul 3, 2021 11:19 PM
Jul 2018
It's simple. Romance and shoujo anime doesn't suit to your taste.
Jul 3, 2021 11:36 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly - If you are not liking it then just drop it, It's a Shoujo anime, let's just accept that not everyone will enjoy it, what is a 10/10 for me might be boring for someone else, this is a character driven story, so unless you are liking the characters, you won't like the show
Jul 4, 2021 12:48 AM
May 2021
The first season and the first half of the second are very slow paced. I myself never thought that I would watch it. I only started watching it and kept continuing it because people were saying that the final season is good. But now I've nearly completed the second season and it's good. So what I've to say is that you have to stay patient if you want to indulge yourself in the third season.
Jul 4, 2021 12:54 AM

Nov 2020
Just drop something if you don't like it, is it really that hard?
i use arch btw

Jul 4, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 2021
Its slow at the start, but it starts pickinh up at the end of the 1st season and the start of the 2nd
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Akito He or she ??

Reckless_weeb - Jun 10

23 by Dark_011 »»
Jun 15, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

220 by sailorneptunelvr »»
Jun 12, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

193 by kerby08 »»
Jun 3, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2019

194 by Cam1922 »»
Jun 2, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

120 by Inudrew »»
May 27, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.