Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 14, 2021 9:36 PM
Jul 2020
Hello~

I am an anime-only. I recently read that WIT may have omitted content that would support a more developed Eren x Historia relationship. It was also mentioned that the studio made points to over-emphasize Eren x Mikasa relationship. Is this true? In what ways or what specific content was left out? Thanks and much love🤍
Feb 14, 2021 11:49 PM
Feb 2021
-ANIMEXHUNTER said:
Hello~

I am an anime-only. I recently read that WIT may have omitted content that would support a more developed Eren x Historia relationship. It was also mentioned that the studio made points to over-emphasize Eren x Mikasa relationship. Is this true? In what ways or what specific content was left out? Thanks and much love🤍
Well, the anime and manga are basically 1 to 1, there may be some, and that’s a stretch some inclusion of some sort of romance fluff but in the end Attack on Titan really has no romance, you can theorize but there is none. If the studios began to add some sort of romance moments between characters it could mess with the whole story which is why the anime never strays from the manga. Maybe there could me an ova of moments of Eren x whoever or any ship as a matter of fact (extremely unlikely), but for the main show and story, no.
Feb 15, 2021 12:21 AM
Feb 2017
AOT doesn't focus that much on romance & I didn't see any interactions of Eren with Historia being cut off in this episode & Eren's moments with Mikasa are exactly the same as they're potrayed in the manga the anime isnt exaggerating or anything like that. I mean she's sure to have a special bond with Eren cuz they're living together since they were kids but we haven't seen any major developments of Eren with either Mikasa or Historia in a romantic way
Feb 15, 2021 12:41 AM

Jan 2019
I've read that too, but I'm not sure what that comment was about. I don't remember MAPPA omitting anything in that sense.
Feb 15, 2021 1:59 AM

Feb 2017
Wit's seasons used to emphasize and go overboard with Mikasa's "EREH!"s a lot more than the manga. Also used to put her in scenes and places where she wasn't supposed to be. For example there were couple instances where they replaced Mikasa with Armin, like at the end of Annie fight in the manga it was Armin who held Eren after coming out of his titan while in the anime they replaced him with Mikasa.

As for Historia thing... her arc in season 3 was object of major cuts made in order to fit entirety of it an 12 episode season. The best example is probably a talk between Eren and Historia in episode 1 of season 3. In the anime it's a simple conversation you'd forget about in a minute. In the manga (chapter 54), despite being longer, it had different setting, tone and feel to it.
Feb 15, 2021 5:27 PM
Apr 2020
-ANIMEXHUNTER said:
Hello~

I'm pre sure it's cause they like added Mikasa in scenes she shouldn't have been like putting her in place of Armin in some scenes
Feb 16, 2021 7:58 PM
Jul 2020
itznani said:
Well, the anime and manga are basically 1 to 1, there may be some, and that’s a stretch some inclusion of some sort of romance fluff but in the end Attack on Titan really has no romance, you can theorize but there is none. If the studios began to add some sort of romance moments between characters it could mess with the whole story which is why the anime never strays from the manga. Maybe there could me an ova of moments of Eren x whoever or any ship as a matter of fact (extremely unlikely), but for the main show and story, no.

Hello~

I am aware that romance in AOT is a futile matter. To be clear, I was never looking for anything suggesting otherwise. I simply wanted to know if that claim against WIT was true (from what I’ve gathered, it is truth) and what specific content that was missing (so far I’ve been told a specific conversation back in s3 was downplayed.) Thank you for a response!
Feb 16, 2021 8:09 PM
Jul 2020
Priyansh_04 said:
AOT doesn't focus that much on romance & I didn't see any interactions of Eren with Historia being cut off in this episode & Eren's moments with Mikasa are exactly the same as they're potrayed in the manga the anime isnt exaggerating or anything like that. I mean she's sure to have a special bond with Eren cuz they're living together since they were kids but we haven't seen any major developments of Eren with either Mikasa or Historia in a romantic way

Hello~

I am aware that romance in AOT is a futile matter. I just wanted to know if that claim against WIT was true (from what I’ve gathered, it is truth) and what content was missing (so far I’ve been told a specific conversation back in s3 was downplayed.) Also, I was referring to content relevant to seasons 1-3 produced by WIT, not the most recent episode. My apologies for posting in the forums of the wrong season. Thank you for a response!
Feb 16, 2021 8:23 PM
Jul 2020
Sheklon said:
I've read that too, but I'm not sure what that comment was about. I don't remember MAPPA omitting anything in that sense.

Hello~

The claim was against WIT solely, not Mappa. My apologies for posting in the forums of the wrong season! From what I’ve gathered, the claim is true. As for what specific content, I’ve only been told that the ExH conversation (back in s3) had more dialogue and depth to it. WIT’s animation of the convo apparently downplayed it’s intimacy. Thank you for your response! xx
p.s- i absolutely adore ur signature💛sunflowers are my fav and Armin is just precious🌻✨
-ANIMEXHUNTERFeb 16, 2021 8:37 PM
Feb 16, 2021 8:43 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, Historia x Farmer kun is canon couple on this show.
I ship them so hard :)
Feb 16, 2021 8:46 PM
Jul 2020
Tsarko said:
Wit's seasons used to emphasize and go overboard with Mikasa's "EREH!"s a lot more than the manga. Also used to put her in scenes and places where she wasn't supposed to be. For example there were couple instances where they replaced Mikasa with Armin, like at the end of Annie fight in the manga it was Armin who held Eren after coming out of his titan while in the anime they replaced him with Mikasa.

As for Historia thing... her arc in season 3 was object of major cuts made in order to fit entirety of it an 12 episode season. The best example is probably a talk between Eren and Historia in episode 1 of season 3. In the anime it's a simple conversation you'd forget about in a minute. In the manga (chapter 54), despite being longer, it had different setting, tone and feel to it.

Hello~

Thank you so much for your response! It clarified exactly what I was wondering and you even presented examples of the missing content. You are v much appreciated. I can’t afford the manga...Would you happen to know where I could read that chapter with the conversation? Thank you again🙏🏼❣️
-ANIMEXHUNTERFeb 16, 2021 9:22 PM
Feb 16, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2020
a0t3a said:

I'm pre sure it's cause they like added Mikasa in scenes she shouldn't have been like putting her in place of Armin in some scenes

Hello~

Yes, that is unfortunately true! Someone in another post clarified one instance of it. Rather a shame for them to have undermined Eren x Armin’s relationship too. Oh WIT Studios v.v those silly gooses
Feb 16, 2021 9:18 PM
Jul 2020
Snackgamers557 said:
Nah, Historia x Farmer kun is canon couple on this show.
I ship them so hard :)

I am an Eremika shipper but mostly bc I thought they liked each other like that. With a good portion of the fandom disregarding Farmer-kun’s legitimacy, I am saddened by the possibility that Eren could be the father. However if (solely by my perspective) Eren x Historia had more chemistry than I could feel more at ease with it all. So ultimately this post is an attempt to quell the sorrow I feel for Mikasa and within myself :3
Feb 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Dec 2017
Don't worry, the omitted manga content in Season 3 wasn't very important, only some more emphasizes and details on Eren's character and personality.

As shown in the latest episode, Eren cares so much about his friends from the Survey Corps and he is willing to go to any great extent to protect them (and their freedom). It also includes Historia despite not being present with them on the cart ride.

All of it is currently being reiterated in this Final Season right from the first time Eren appeared in episode 3 in his conversation with Falco, which shows that MAPPA is trying to make up for it and has been doing a good job by doing a faithful adaptation of the manga, so there is nothing to worry about.
electromagnetoFeb 16, 2021 11:51 PM
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 17, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2020
electromagneto said:
Don't worry, the omitted manga content in Season 3 wasn't very important, only some more emphasizes and details on Eren's character and personality.

As shown in the latest episode, Eren cares so much about his friends from the Survey Corps and he is willing to go to any great extent to protect them (and their freedom). It also includes Historia despite not being present with them on the cart ride.

All of it is currently being reiterated in this Final Season right from the first time Eren appeared in episode 3 in his conversation with Falco, which shows that MAPPA is trying to make up for it and has been doing a good job by doing a faithful adaptation of the manga, so there is nothing to worry about.

Hello~

Thanks for your response! I truly appreciated the assurance. Have a wonderful rest of your day🤍
p.s- i was lightly surprised but v much happy to see that you also favorite Lucy from elfen lied. poor thing could use some extra love❣️😭
Feb 17, 2021 4:22 PM

Feb 2021
electromagneto said:

This claim is simply false, the character who got hit the hardest was Historia, not Eren. And how important are the changes made to her character?, well, we will see how important they will end up being.

-ANIMEXHUNTER said:
You are v much appreciated. I can’t afford the manga...Would you happen to know where I could read that chapter with the conversation? Thank you again🙏🏼❣️

Their conversation happened in chapter 54, i'm sure you can find it online. But that's not everything, nearly the entirety of the season was changed one way or another, Like Levi physically threatening Historia, for what she then punched him(didn't make any sense in the Anime).
Listen, let me give you an example about of how the changes were mostly made, since this is a shipping thread, let me bring a ship example. Do you see a difference between these two pics in essence?

Feb 17, 2021 5:21 PM
Jul 2020
Xilver said:
electromagneto said:

This claim is simply false, the character who got hit the hardest was Historia, not Eren. And how important are the changes made to her character?, well, we will see how important they will end up being.

I had this same reaction at initial glance but I am the inquirer here and so I didn’t feel comfortable challenging the statement. To an extent, I am not necessarily interested in Eren’s lack of development but Historia’s especially and how it adds to their relationship...hopefully that makes sense.

Xilver said:
Their conversation happened in chapter 54, i'm sure you can find it online. But that's not everything, nearly the entirety of the season was changed one way or another, Like Levi physically threatening Historia, for what she then punched him(didn't make any sense in the Anime).
Listen, let me give you an example about of how the changes were mostly made, since this is a shipping thread, let me bring a ship example. Do you see a difference between these two pics in essence?

I believe I see the implications here. In the panels, Historia’s glance gives off almost like a “secret crush” vibe?
On screen, it’s easily brushed off as her just using her eyeballs to look at who’s speaking. Do I get my cookie? 🤍🤓
Feb 18, 2021 3:33 AM

Feb 2021
-ANIMEXHUNTER said:
I believe I see the implications here. In the panels, Historia’s glance gives off almost like a “secret crush” vibe?
On screen, it’s easily brushed off as her just using her eyeballs to look at who’s speaking. Do I get my cookie? 🤍🤓

Yes for the most part, in the manga this happened after their conversation but before the cave. She was showing signs of interest for him.
In the anime it is just easily interpreted as "she is worried about him because of his mission there, which is risky", well, i guess you can say it's more than just worrying for a friend, considering Armin wasn't looking at him like that, but you really have to go out of your way to interpret it like that, you really have to pay attention and think about it.
In the manga it was clear, no two ways about it.
This is more like incompetence from the anime team part, than anything else. Same with her situation with Levi. They just did a bad job.

One other thing to add is that in manga Historia was much more assertive. Like the anime didn't even let her interrupt Mikasa

But the same thing was done to Annie in s1, her conversation with Marlowe was butchered and her characterization changed substantially because of it. So maybe Wit just hates blondes.
XilverFeb 18, 2021 3:38 AM
Feb 18, 2021 6:29 PM
Jul 2020
Xilver said:
Yes for the most part, in the manga this happened after their conversation but before the cave. She was showing signs of interest for him.

🍪🤏🏼 I’ll take that 🥱🥱😋

Xilver said:
One other thing to add is that in manga Historia was much more assertive. Like the anime didn't even let her interrupt Mikasa

I found access to the manga online. I briefly skimmed over ch.54 (just wanted to experience the conversation.) I didn’t exactly feel a sense of increased affection or desire from it alone however I know I have to read the uprising arc in its entirety in order to come to a definite conclusion. This ‘interruption’ panel alone convinces me there is definitely more to them then what WIT wanted to show. I really appreciate your time and effort here🤍😭

Xilver said:
But the same thing was done to Annie in s1, her conversation with Marlowe was butchered and her characterization changed substantially because of it. So maybe Wit just hates blondes.

Sadly, I feel like we can’t exactly put that past them. They even replaced Armin with Mikasa in certain scenes. That’s three blondes, three different instances. The assumption is fair at this point 😂
Feb 18, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2021
-ANIMEXHUNTER said:

I found access to the manga online. I briefly skimmed over ch.54 (just wanted to experience the conversation.) I didn’t exactly feel a sense of increased affection or desire from it alone however I know I have to read the uprising arc in its entirety in order to come to a definite conclusion. This ‘interruption’ panel alone convinces me there is definitely more to them then what WIT wanted to show. I really appreciate your time and effort here🤍😭

It's the small things m8, what makes the scene is everything
The scenery
The intimacy
The looks
In anime they just talked for 1 minute randomly in the kitchen and that was it, there was no scenery like this

There was no emphasis given on how depressed and nihilistic Historia is, asking if everyone were disappointed that the real her isn't like Christa

While looking at the reader, meaning she was also talking to you, funny enough after her true self was revealed she fell off popularity polls in japan but gained massively in the west.
Eren snapping her out of her nihilistic state also at the end is not as important in the anime, cuz in anime she was just little sad.

It's all simply the accumulation of small things that makes it big at the end. Wit had checklists, that's all. They did it the most minimalistic way possible. One could argue that it doesn't matter. At the end it depends on how the series ends, if Eren and Historia actually becomes the otp, then WIT completely fucked up, and build up was too poor in anime for it to truly land at the end. If they don't become otp. Then all this at end mostly just doesn't matter.
Feb 21, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2020
Xilver said:

It's all simply the accumulation of small things that makes it big at the end. Wit had checklists, that's all. They did it the most minimalistic way possible. One could argue that it doesn't matter. At the end it depends on how the series ends, if Eren and Historia actually becomes the otp, then WIT completely fucked up, and build up was too poor in anime for it to truly land at the end. If they don't become otp. Then all this at end mostly just doesn't matter.

Hey!

I finished the uprising arc this morning. WIT did a great job, save for a few changes from the manga. My official take is that the missing content in question was mostly added character development for Eren and Historia individually not just specifically their relationship.

And for sure all this doesn’t matter. I’m hanging in there just for the ending too. I can’t front this series is sometimes too depressing for me. It’s amazing and a masterpiece and has a secured spot in my favorites but in like every possible way it is just so painfully sad. I've wanted to put it as my first favorite but just can’t bc of that, lol.

Well anyways, thanks for everything! (:
-ANIMEXHUNTERFeb 21, 2021 5:50 PM
Feb 21, 2021 8:38 PM
Dec 2017
There’s one or two moments, it’s not just Historia though. Compared to the manga Mikasa steals plenty of other characters conversations and scenes. A ton of Armin and Eren conversations were replaced with Mikasa and Eren ones. In fact in the manga in terms of character focus Armin is more of the two to Eren’s one. When in the anime it’s Mikasa in that position. For example Armin is the one to pull Eren out of the Titan in Trost in the manga, when in the anime it was Mikasa. In one scene where Eren wakes up in the hospital, in the manga Armin was by his bedside, but in the anime it was Mikasa. Regarding the Historia content cut, there wasn’t very much to be honest, just one or two scenes during the Uprising arc, but they were really important. The scene I’m sure they were talking about was in chapter 54, you can read it yourself as it’s pretty quick, but it just establishes how Eren and Historia understand each other and how Eren hated Christa but likes Historia much better. I can definitely see how people get shippy vibes off of it. That scene in particular definitely shouldn’t have been cut, but I don’t think it was for EM propaganda or whatever. It was because the anime Uprising arc was jumbled all around and had a good chunk of content cut. Honestly if I were you I’d read the Uprising arc instead. Things made so much more sense in the manga’s format.
Feb 22, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
-ANIMEXHUNTER said:
Hey!

I finished the uprising arc this morning. WIT did a great job, save for a few changes from the manga. My official take is that the missing content in question was mostly added character development for Eren and Historia individually not just specifically their relationship.

And for sure all this doesn’t matter. I’m hanging in there just for the ending too. I can’t front this series is sometimes too depressing for me. It’s amazing and a masterpiece and has a secured spot in my favorites but in like every possible way it is just so painfully sad. I've wanted to put it as my first favorite but just can’t bc of that, lol.

Well anyways, thanks for everything! (:

Hm, okay. Do you think Anime did good enough of a job with their relationship, that if they were to end up with each other, it would make sense?. Like from writing perspective, not shipping, do they have enough chemistry?

And i am gonna have to make a big post her to explain why in my opinion the changes made were really important

While i do agree with
the missing content in question was mostly added character development for Eren and Historia individually not just specifically their relationship

I, in addition to that also think that their individual development is complementary, hence it has consequences for their relationship. Take Historia, what defines her character since her arc with Ymir is selfishness(more as a philosophy in life, rather than she herself being selfish person), at least it does in the manga, she's the girl who stood up at the top of a crumbling tower and cheered Ymir tearing it down, yelling to her that she should fight for herself, even if meant that her other friends, and her included might die. And in the cave, the moment she made her decision she didn't fully rationalize everything yet, she was driven by emotion, not reason, reason came after, when she started thinking for excuses not to do it. When she saved Eren, she still thought at the time that eating him would be the correct decision morally, to protect humanity, she saved Eren for her own sake, it was a decision made out of her selfishness, like she said to Rod - "I won't let you kill me". to her making the decision her father wanted meant abandoning herself. Ymir told her to live a life she herself would be proud of, and to her then and there, when it mattered, when she had the choice, it meant rejecting the path that is best for humanity, and embracing the path where her heart lies. The decision she made was purely out of selfishness yes, but it is inseparably connected to saving Eren, which is why i believe that having the panel of her staring at him in secret is essential to show BEFORE the cave, you needed to show her affection towards him, no matter if it's romantic or he's just a precious friend. She's the same girl who previously said she doesn't give a shit what happens to Armin, while the same Armin was acting as her double. She is someone that is prepared to make decisions like that. I really don't think if it was someone else in Eren's stead she would make the same decision, and the manga did show that she was decisive, she was ready to do it, she even nearly did it without Rod's help

Naturally the reason why it even reached this point is Eren, who asked her to finish him and his story, she wouldn't do it before that. Of course Eren's struggle here mirror's Historia's, for both of them it's about their fathers, for both of them it's about fighting or giving up.
Eren, who from the very first chapter/episode of this series was defined by his relentless spirit, passion and the will to fight, the inspiration for all of them joining survey corps - broke down right in front of her, for one and only time during entire series he.. gave up, begging her to eat him, and she, after 2 seasons of inner struggle between living and fighting for herself or just accepting her role that is given to her by others and secretly wishing to die, thrust that syringe into her arm. That for her, was the selfless act, that in her mind was the right thing to do. Hence the flashback she had of Ymir when she said "do you want to do a good deed?". She rejected it, and then said that humanity can get wiped out, fuck them, she's gonna do what's right for her.

And you know what's the problem after all that. Did this really happen in the anime?, can any of the anime onlies answer, was this really your interpretation of what happened in the anime?
Cuz my interpretation of anime was that Christa never became Historia, she just did the right thing, as always, she saved her friend, the end. She's the same kind and selfless girl she always was. At the end she was indecisive, and didn't sacrifice her friend, because she's a good girl. And when she said humanity should get wiped out, she really just got carried away, cmon, none of that is serious of course.. right?
Well if you think that, you think wrong, she's not a good girl, not even close, she's the worst girl in the world.
XilverFeb 22, 2021 12:25 PM
Mar 28, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2020
I read that it was omitted Armin content but idk

Omg WET ruined utaccc on titty

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.