Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2019 12:50 PM

Nov 2018

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
S๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’ ๐’”๐’‚๐’š ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’–๐’• ๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ช๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ป๐“พ? ,
๐‘ถ๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“,
๐‘จ๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’‚'๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ?
๐‘พ๐’† ๐’˜๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’† ๐’Š๐’• ๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’† ~
๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’”.
๐Ÿ‘ฅ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 24, 2019 12:51 PM

Nov 2018

๐“๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฌ๐“ต๐“พ๐“ซ

This is actually kind of a personal blog that I don't mind sharing (ใ€ƒ๏ฟฃω๏ฟฃใ€ƒใ‚ž ....

I have always leaned to specific characters in any work i read/watched, strangely, they were mostly the best looking, the top of their schools/ clans/ armies etc, characters who usually were thinkers/ strategists, who were deep in their values and thoughts and also usually kept to themselves and never really had "envy" for someone's anything cause they "seemed" perfect (until a certain point in the story at least)
    These characters ALSO usually triggered a big interest in the antagonist/villain/ anti-hero etc who approached them at some point and became close in a way or another ..

Taichi Mashima should have been the one for me as most of what I described fits him (sometimes in a different way but it does)
    Yet no, after all this time, after all those chapters, Taichi lost that place in the list of my special characters,
    he lost it to ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ช ๐“๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ช...

Arata is a Feeler ...
    looks stupid ..
    acts also stupid (sometimes),
    he looks surprised most of the time like an ignorant dude who is seeing the world around him for the first time..
    He might also be described as a two-dimensional character ...
    he is sometimes cute and funny too but still, when you put all this versus my above qualities, he should have never caught my attention ...

And YET?
    I find myself almost obsessing over him ...
    I wanted to write my experience with ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ช๐”‚๐“ช ๐“๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ช here ...
    That's all ไน(แด— อœส– แด—)ใ„

But then some amazing friends wanted it to contain more than only my views, and I liked the idea so here we are ใƒ„

Oct 24, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2018

I was reading comments by some Japanese fans and some of them mentioned two things I was surprised with, Was I the only one?

the first is Arata's famous "I don't want to be a God but your friend" line, they said that it was a mistake from the anime stuff because that line was said by Chihaya instead, she was saying that she didn't want Arata as a God but rather a friend and That Suetsugu sensei was the one who said that...

The second one is after Taichi's confession in chapter 138, according to these fans, there was a monologue saying "It's a lie" in the English version I read instead "it can't be"? but these fans say that this was a misunderstood line that Taichi was thinking not Chihaya ... he was saying that his confession is a lie (??) and they said that Suetsugu sensei herself is the one who confirmed that it's a Taichi monologue ...I'm not 100% sure about the meaning though so ...?
    here is a comment in Japanese about it
    ๅƒๆ—ฉใฏ็ฅžๆง˜ใ ใจ้ ใ„ๅญ˜ๅœจใ ใจๆ€ใฃใฆใ‚‹ใ‚ใ‘
    ใใ†ใงใฏใชใใ€ไธ€็ท’ใซใ‹ใ‚‹ใŸใ‚’ใ™ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใช่ฟ‘ใ—ใ„ๅญ˜ๅœจใซใชใ‚ŠใŸใ„ใจ้ก˜ใฃใฆใ‚‹ใ‚ใ‘ใ 
    ใ ใ‹ใ‚‰ๅƒๆ—ฉใฎใ‚ปใƒชใƒ•ใฎใปใ†ใŒใฉใ†่ฆ‹ใฆใ‚‚็›ธๅฟœใ—ใ„
    ๆ–ฐใ‚’็ชใๅ‹•ใ‹ใ™ใŸใ‚ใฎใ€ๆ‰‹็ด™ใจใ—ใฆใฎๆœ€ๅพŒใฎใƒกใƒƒใ‚ปใƒผใ‚ธๆ€งใŒ้‡่ฆใชใ‚ทใƒผใƒณใ ใ—ใช

็”ป็š„ใซใฏใ‚ปใƒชใƒ•ใฎๆž ใฎๅฝขใฎ็ตฑไธ€ๆ€งใจใ„ใ†ใฎใ‚‚ใ‚ใ‚‹
    ใใ‚Œใฏๅคฑๆ‹ๆ™‚ใฎๅคชไธ€ใฎใƒขใƒŽใƒญใƒผใ‚ฐใจไธ€็ท’ใ ใช

็ดๅพ—ๆ„ŸใŒไฝŽใ„ๅ ดๅˆใฏไฝœ่€…ใฎ่ฆ‹ใ›ๆ–นใŒไธ‹ๆ‰‹ใ‹ๆ„Ÿๆ€งใŒไฝœ่€…ใจๅˆใ‚ใชใ„ใ‚“ใ ใ‚ใ†
Oct 30, 2019 11:49 AM

Feb 2019
    I watched the 3 episodes aaaaaand overall, it was good,
    surprisingly I liked Chihaya's karuta moments better than anything else, even Arata's interaction with her..
    I keep thinking that the manga for me, conveys deeper feelings, or makes me feel more than the anime except when it comes to the matches..
    Chihaya's feelings felt deeper and clearer in the manga ...
    I believe I read others express similar thing?

Anyway, these 3 episodes covered almost 6 chapters (from the last few pages of chapter 93 to chapter 98.
    So if the anime keeps the same pace, we can assume that they will cover 2 chapters each episode which means the remaining 21 episodes will cover 42 more chapters
    will this mean that the season will end after covering chapter 139/140? after Taichi left and Chihaya is sad?

Weird end of a season in my opinion but it's very likely and now I begun to think that Madhouse is really intending to make season 4 right after the end of this season ...
    if it's the case, and assuming it will be also be 24 episodes length then it will cover 48 more chapters, up to chap 187/188?

Uwah, I think i'm going far in my hopes, or am I?

Nov 24, 2019 2:52 AM

Feb 2011
First of all, thank you for inviting me with this chat with you guys: I have to say, WOW, TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!
I have to say so very outstanding post you guys put together: if only Sensei herself can witness this who loyal and passionate fans who really adore Arata with all our hearts.
About the romance in the story, I have to say we should wait what Sensei has restored for us and keep believe of their symbolism where karuta ties them TOGETHER as their misty bridge, she can't spoil the entire ending through an interview: I truly want to believe there's still a possibility for a passionate and romantic Chihaya x Arata ending when we get closer towards the conclusion of the story (after the tournament we will get to see another arc which will be the climax: reflecting more of Chihaya's inner affections and fully understand herself more what she lacks with answers during the story: her affections for Arata is much stronger than what she thinks): like what Chihaya said in ch 92 (and the last episode from the second season) where Chihaya said " I don't understand, I don't understand this feelings"... those feelings were pointing out to Arata: she may not know how deeply strong her really feels are towards Arata at the time: but all she knows that she will forever and karuta and ARATA. So why she said that as she's reflecting her emotions: I believe as Chihaya continues her journey of becoming Queen, she will discover more about herself of becoming someone who worth to express her feelings towards the person she wants to spend the rest of her life with and so much she truly loves Arata with all her heart and soul ( and realizing Arata has only been the other half of her entire being: WHICH MAKES HER COMPLETE which will make him her ONE AND ONLY TRUE LOVE): ( the same way what happened to Arata in ch 119 the four things he lacks when he fully aware of love feelings for Chihaya: he even mentioned "love" 4x: even Arata is in the same page of his own heart; the same way like Chihaya) but that doesn't mean they can't feel it nor it's never there: IT'S THERE REALLY DEEP WITHIN ( they both are experiecing something new for the very first time of their lives towards each other and carries a lot of meaning behind it): for some reason Sensei is still postposing giving Arata her response: is exactly what @iNameless_ said when she was analyzing Sensie's recent interview it makes perfect sense, it all connects and very soon we will see with our own eyes how powerful theri love really is even though romance makes second to the story.
sweetangieNov 24, 2019 2:58 AM
Nov 25, 2019 7:56 AM

Feb 2019

sweetangie Welcome!!!
    I don't know a fan more dedicated than you and i'm the happier of all to get the chance to follow this amazing manga alongside you ^^
    I'm also happy that you read my LONG analysis of the interview .. I still can't tell what Suetsugu sensei thinks and maybe yes, everything is still possible (as long as there is still time) but I see her stick to lot of her initial ideas even the fact that Taichi got lot of ... scenes (I still find it hard to call it development) but even this fact is what suetsugu intended and declared since the beginning, that Arata and Chihaya will remain karuta bakas till the end while Taichi will learn life lessons and that's what happened ..

So I believe that Suetsugu won't make Chihaya "suddenly" realize her feelings for Taichi like some hope and that she will rather stick with her idea about" love that can't be undone" and I believe when she said that, she didn't mean to tell us about anyone but her Heroine in this story she made for her... so Chihaya's feelings will probably stay as strong as they are for Taichi but forever non-romantic ...

hmmmm... lately, I find it hard to care so much about the shipping though.. Suetsugu is dealing with Arata as she always did, the character who isn't there to be understood right away... Arata rejecting the idea of him being his grandfather in chapter 119 and now fighting as his grandfather, there is more to him than that..it's a clear contradiction, going back to how things were and I believe it's not a mere mistake because Arata was always explained later, after everyone got to express their frustration and confusion with him haha...

5 more days until next chapter, I'm really so excited (contrary to the anime that I don't really care much for)
    How about you? do you feel same excitement?

Dec 6, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
Hi friends! Thank you for the invitation in this club. It’s amazing to see the best fans of Chihayafuru in one group!

The last manga chapters made me so happy as they gave more Chihaya X Arata:
“Ki.. Your kimono’s different” -> Arata is so cute. XD
BTW I see that now it’s Shinobu-chan who’s interfering with Chihaya and Arata. T_T She is so jealous and she doesn’t realize it. I wish gets over it.

As for anime, I did not watch much for last 4 years, but this new season of Chihayafuru brought me back, so I’m watching other anime titles now as well.
Dec 7, 2019 10:37 PM

Feb 2019
    Aie Aie @Hayama-Mizuki chan ^_^ welcommmme!!

Yep, I see that Suetsugu sensei is putting more focus an Arata's and Chihaya's relationship and I expect more as she works on connecting this arc with volume 1 (as she said) where Arata was the reason Chihaya transformed from the empty girl she was to her beaming- with-passion-self now, where she will meet Arata's passion ..
    But I think Arata's passion will be challenged a bit, he must show his own separately from his grandfather's ...

Arata's inner monologue about having tried to fix his social awkwardness when he made the team but that he feels like he failed tore my heart!!
    because one of the things I love most about him is his courage in trying what he is not comfortable with and I want him to always try and never regress!
    Shinobu chan's relationship with Arata is also very adorable ... for me, Shinobu doesn't harbor romantic feelings for Arata but yes she might be still jealous of Chihaya who is taking away the attention of her only friend/rival ... I wish they could become all good friends in the future... because that's the trio I love in Chihayafuru instead of the main xD

For the anime, this season is good but I still find the previous ones better for some reason?
    (in a way, I think I feel a bit bothered with Taichi taking over the show, in the past 2 seasons, it was about Chihaya and Mizusawa, and Taichi was just one of Mizusawa members, but now it feels like he is the main character and not Chihaya, and honestly, I'm not very fan of his depressive story ... I understand his pain I really do, but he overreacts so much I feel sometimes like I want to shake him to make him see how fine actually he is and that what's going in his head is just him overthinking his flaws and never accepting them, it's like he is so rejecting the idea of being "a normal human being who might fail somewhere" and it really pisses me off.. he is so messed up :(

Anyway, hopefully, we will see more of the rest cast soon.. I really like Sumere standing up to Taichi's mom. she really has better qualities that Taichi himself imo...

Dec 8, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
I wish Shinobu was Taichi's friend as well: they barely interacted in the manga. They could look interesting if they played some matches with each other.

I never shipped Sumire with Taichi, but seeing these chapters with her animated I began to respect her feelings. She really is one of the best characters out there, often overlooked.

For me this season is the same quality as previous in terms of story, but the animation surprisingly went down, even though 6 years passed. O_O I thought the animation would improve drastically. Sounds effects are perfect as always. New seiyuu for Harada sensei is okay: he sounds less healthy, but it fits the character. I'm sad that his previous voice actor passed away.
What I didn't like is drama version of Chihayafuru. The actress for Chihaya is not Chihaya. She didn't capture the character in my opinion. So I decided not to watch that adaptation.

I was very upset when Chihaya hugged Taichi with tears in front of Arata. I imagined how hurting it felt for Arata. I wouldn't do such thing in front of the guy I love, but then I realized that she's just that type of person. She's ok with hugging her male friends. I also remember her emotionally hugging Nishida in another chapter. Oh yes I totally agree: Chihaya is afraid to touch Arata, because she both loves him and is attracted to him physically. These strong feelings scare her plus she has somewhat low self esteem. She thinks Arata is unreachable for her and that she has to improve to be worthy of him. T_T I so hope this will change after the match with Shinobu.

Chihaya is hiding by karuta from her real feelings. Although at times I feel like Suetsugu sensei is trying too hard in making her characters constantly praise the game. It's as if she tries to advertise the karuta game as much as possible in the manga.

Dec 9, 2019 2:11 AM

Feb 2019

I wish Shinobu was Taichi's friend as well

Yep they would have made an interesting duo, their personalities fit together just look at this official cover (guess for the middle school arc?)
    They look like two partners in crime or two badass agents in a mission (My fanfiction xD)

I never shipped Sumire with Taichi, but seeing these chapters with her animated I began to respect her feelings. She really is one of the best characters out there, often overlooked.

For Taichi I never shipped him with anyone, I think that before he makes peace with himself, he shouldn't date anyone, he will just hurt them ..
    As for Sumere I always found her character interesting... she is honest about her feelings it was always refreshing to see her talk in the middle of all those characters who would only agonize over things internally and never speak directly ... I like straightforwardness..
    I also think that Sumere explained -for even me- what I wanted Taichi to do instead, if he was helplessly in love he should work for it! because I don't think that Taichi ever worked for his love, he was kind to Chihaya because he loved her but it was never a message to Chihaya or steps towards making her realize it...he was just "waiting" for her to figure it all on her own even though he calls her stupid all the time, (or he wasn't even "waiting" he was just in painful love he isn't doing anything about it and people blamed Chihaya for it :( )

When he sent the message to Sumere telling her to take care of Chihaya, I admired Sumere even more, because she was literally asked by the guy she loves to take care of the girl he loves all while having confessed to him... this was in contrast to Taichi's famous "Are you under the impression that i'm made of stone?" sentence that everybody kept saying how much pain it conveyed .. Sumere was going through something similar (at least Taichi should have thought of it this way if he didn't belittle her confession and feelings) and despite it, she agreed to his request because she wanted to still be close to him and be by his side even when he doesn't give her what she desires of him ..Sumere is stronger and braver than Taichi ..
    And I really liked her more with her latest appearances... I even hold her in a higher position than Kana chan.

For me this season is the same quality as previous in terms of story, but the animation surprisingly went down, even though 6 years passed. O_O I thought the animation would improve drastically. Sounds effects are perfect as always. New seiyuu for Harada sensei is okay: he sounds less healthy, but it fits the character. I'm sad that his previous voice actor passed away.
    What I didn't like is drama version of Chihayafuru. The actress for Chihaya is not Chihaya. She didn't capture the character in my opinion. So I decided not to watch that adaptation.

For the anime, as I said, maybe it's because I already know the story..
    As for the live action xD lool I couldn't watch them, with all my respect for Japanese actors, I ... uh .. I might say something rude if i keep going so in short, thankfully there are people who enjoy that kind of acting so good for Chihayafuru , many fans started reading the manga only because they discovered Chihayafuru via the Drama version so it's fine right ^^"

I was very upset when Chihaya hugged Taichi with tears in front of Arata. I imagined how hurting it felt for Arata. I wouldn't do such thing in front of the guy I love, but then I realized that she's just that type of person. She's ok with hugging her male friends. I also remember her emotionally hugging Nishida in another chapter.

Oh yes, all these other examples especially when Arata was there,
    see? I didn't think of Arata's feelings because as I said, I really see Chihaya hugging any other male (especially Taichi) as very normal and not worth mentioning (in the romance area)
    But if Arata was hurt, what kind of "hurt" though?
    Arata is still a big mystery to me but I know this much: he has faith in Chihaya as a person (this is clearer every time you compare how he treats her compared to how Taichi does) and he wouldn't want her not to hug anyone else but him, he would accept her acting on her emotions when she needs to,
    maybe he would wish to contribute in cheering her up (and he will feel sad as he fails to figure out how and this is what the latest chapter was introducing with the Orchids that -according to a native friend- represent "A beautiful person completely vulnerable"
    I doubt Arata felt sad because the girl he loves is hugging his rival, he is not that kind of man, not when Chihaya is the Chihaya he knows,
    But you are right, he surely felt some sadness, but what I felt at that moment (and it is something else I like about Arata) is that he was rather fueling his desire to work harder to get closer to her instead of focusing on his sadness, Arata really looks at Chihaya as an equal (also contrary to Taichi who is very possessive of her) and Arata wants to walk side by side with her (as a person because you can argue with me about karuta) but as a person, he doesn't think he has anything (not strength not wisdom and no intelligence ...) above her and he wouldn't play the hero to her the damsel in distress ... Arata really isn't like that! (IS WHAT I FEEL AND THINK :D )

she has somewhat low self esteem. She thinks Arata is unreachable for her and that she has to improve to be worthy of him. T_T I so hope this will change after the match with Shinobu.

Same thoughts here!
    her low esteem is even shown more with the latest chapters, I hope she will support Arata's issue with his grandfather's invading memory and that she will know how important she was in defining his life until now!!

Chihaya is hiding by karuta from her real feelings. Although at times I feel like Suetsugu sensei is trying too hard in making her characters constantly praise the game. It's as if she tries to advertise the karuta game as much as possible in the manga.

Yep she does, this is a national treasure after all... I also love karuta and think that Suetsugu sensei never intended to make Chihaya's obsession with karuta a negative thing..she wanted her to keep it AND Also learn to do other things in parallel ..this reminds me again of when she said -in an old interview- that for the rest of the story, Arata and Chihaya will keep being karuta bakas (and Taichi will fight to find himself) ..so Chihaya is doing just that and I see no problem with it, she only needs to learn to do more things beside it, i bet she will be very happy in her life...
    Sensei doesn't want to give an end to the romance too she wants all the focus (at the end) to be around karuta but I believe she didn't take a final decision...and ..
    something is telling me that pushing Arata towards Chihaya and making him express more feelings and by it exposing more of Chihaya's awkwardness around him, she is aiming for something and I feel that it will be a happy thing for me xD

Dec 10, 2019 8:54 AM

Jul 2012
I wish Shinobu was Taichi's friend as well
Yep they would have made an interesting duo, their personalities fit together just look at this official cover (guess for the middle school arc?)
They look like two partners in crime or two badass agents in a mission (My fanfiction xD)

For Taichi I never shipped him with anyone, I think that before he makes peace with himself, he shouldn't date anyone, he will just hurt them ..
As for Sumere I always found her character interesting... she is honest about her feelings it was always refreshing to see her talk in the middle of all those characters who would only agonize over things internally and never speak directly ... I like straightforwardness..
I also think that Sumere explained -for even me- what I wanted Taichi to do instead, if he was helplessly in love he should work for it! because I don't think that Taichi ever worked for his love, he was kind to Chihaya because he loved her but it was never a message to Chihaya or steps towards making her realize it...he was just "waiting" for her to figure it all on her own even though he calls her stupid all the time, (or he wasn't even "waiting" he was just in painful love he isn't doing anything about it and people blamed Chihaya for it :( )

Hahaha, Taichi and Shinobu definitely fit together. This picture looks awesome! I don't understand why Taichi thinks he loves Chihaya. He is more obsessed than in love. Yup, he's such a mess! Last episode reminded me that he keeps everything to himself. He entered the tournament without telling Chihaya, when in reality you should be open to the girl you love if you plan to spend your life with her. Otherwise she will never understand you.

I don't get why so many Taichi fans want him to end up with Chihaya so desperately and why not Sumire, if Sumire understands him better and can be of better support. Is it only because Chihaya is a main character? I wonder if they really want him to be happy or not.

I even hold her in a higher position than Kana chan.

Ooh Kana-chan is Chihaya X Taichi shipper. She looks so unpleased everytime Chihaya talks about Arata, even when Chihaya reads beautiful poems connected to Arata. Usually Kana-chan is happy when Chihaya goes deeper in studies of poems symbolism, but when it's about Arata she makes such blank face, meh. Nishida , on the contrary, is Chihaya X Arata shipper lol. He even suggested her to call Arata. It's interesting how each team member has different understanding of situation.

many fans started reading the manga only because they discovered Chihayafuru via the Drama version so it's fine right ^^"

Ah really? I didn't know that. Good for us: if Chihayafuru wasn't popular, they wouldn't continue making anime. We are very lucky!
I'm sure that Japanese actors can do better. I saw a few better anime/manga adaptations. Nodame Cantabile is one of them (although it's not a perfect show).

Oh yes, all these other examples especially when Arata was there,
see? I didn't think of Arata's feelings because as I said, I really see Chihaya hugging any other male (especially Taichi) as very normal and not worth mentioning (in the romance area)
But if Arata was hurt, what kind of "hurt" though?
Arata is still a big mystery to me but I know this much: he has faith in Chihaya as a person (this is clearer every time you compare how he treats her compared to how Taichi does) and he wouldn't want her not to hug anyone else but him, he would accept her acting on her emotions when she needs to,
maybe he would wish to contribute in cheering her up (and he will feel sad as he fails to figure out how and this is what the latest chapter was introducing with the Orchids that -according to a native friend- represent "A beautiful person completely vulnerable"
I doubt Arata felt sad because the girl he loves is hugging his rival, he is not that kind of man, not when Chihaya is the Chihaya he knows,
But you are right, he surely felt some sadness, but what I felt at that moment (and it is something else I like about Arata) is that he was rather fueling his desire to work harder to get closer to her instead of focusing on his sadness, Arata really looks at Chihaya as an equal (also contrary to Taichi who is very possessive of her) and Arata wants to walk side by side with her (as a person because you can argue with me about karuta) but as a person, he doesn't think he has anything (not strength not wisdom and no intelligence ...) above her and he wouldn't play the hero to her the damsel in distress ... Arata really isn't like that! (IS WHAT I FEEL AND THINK :D )

Yes, but still, I would definitely realize that Arata is jealous of Taichi: It would come to my mind. Chihaya didn't even think that Arata could misunderstand her relationships with Taichi. I'm afraid that back in the season 1 Arata could see that moment when Taichi tried to take Chihaya's hand and he could assume that they're dating. Chihaya didn't see Taichi doing it, because she saw Arata, but Arata could as he was passing them by on a bike. > Oh BTW that was a rare moment when Taichi really tried to make a real move.

When I read Chihayafuru I project Chihaya's thoughts and actions on myself. It's hard to explain. It rarely happens when I read or watch something. Usually I distance myself from the fictional characters, but Chihayafuru characters are so real.

Yep she does, this is a national treasure after all...

It is and I do love this game. I like intellectual games and I feel jealous of Japanese, because we don't have such an amazing games in our own languages. However in anime it sounds too much for me: karuta-karuta-karuta... These scenes with characters showing their love for this game are overused in my opinion, but it's not a big problem. :)
Dec 25, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2018

@Hayama-Mizuki welcome in the club, and glad to read your comments...
    I might be a bit ignorant in the shipping area as I pay less attention to it than Arata himself but if I can judge according to what I saw of Arata's personality then I lean more towards what @iNameless_ said...

Arata might have had an interest in Chihaya since long ago but he was restraining himself because he thought she was in a relationship with Taichi (because they were close to eachother as he explained not because he saw something hinting it) and Arata is someone who respects greatly other people's boundaries, so he surely braced himself to accept most of Chihaya's moments with Taichi ...

Arata still surely got jealous of Taichi, not because he was afraid Chihaya has romantic feelings for him or anything of the sort but because of Karuta, he still wanted to play as much karuta as he could with her because it's fun, karuta with Chihaya is fun!!
    Maybe his romantic feelings came hand in hand with these pure feelings but he was conscious of the karuta part only ...
    BUT!
    one of Arata's most intriguing characteristics is his discreetness if I may say... his control over his emotions and features, so if Suetsugu decides to make him suddenly talk and say he was jealous I won't be surprised ... because none can really say they know what Arata really thinks or feels!

By the way @iNameless_, I have some notifications that I can't check for some reason? did you mention me recently?

And about the anime, how do you guys feel about the poems being translated into English in the subtitles?
    for some reason, they annoy me! I do want to know the meaning and all, but I still want to make the effort to know them in Japanese instead...

Dec 29, 2019 5:31 AM

Feb 2019

@MashimaTaichi_ OH MY LORD loool sorry, and I was wondering why I didn't get any answer yet haha I'm really dumb, I wrote my answer and for some reason I posted it on another forum (a secret club)
    that's why you got the notification i'm really sorry,i'll repost my comment again ^^"

@Hayama-Mizuki:

@Avish:

@MashimaTaichi_
    About the translation of the poems I know how you feel, I also prefer the way manga translator keeps the Japanese names of cards I feel like I can follow better like that ...

Jan 1, 2020 11:53 AM

Nov 2018

A quick visit!!
    @Avish, Welcome my dear fellow Arata fan and let us unite first to see whether or not we are rare right? lol,
    hmmm... I know that Chihaya is very popular in Japan and that Arata beat her in the latest poll so can we really say we rare?
    it's rather that we don't fangirl/fanboy over Arata everywhere on the net like Taichi fans do that's why we seem rare, and for me it's just that (we are more poised?).
    what @iNameless_ said is right too but in my case, it's exactly because I find Arata fans interesting that I want to meet more of them :)
    the fans who don't fall for Taichi's magic, this sentence is very interesting.

About the chiha card, I think I didn't pay enough attention because I had a feeling it was about Romance (a poem about a bright red love) and as I said before, I wasn't a shipper so I think I purposefully ignored it ... But I I also agree that this wasn't everything about it ... I think we can't tell until we have all the data (haha, detectives)
    If you ever gather the needed info, @iNameless_ do share it here, we will try to unveil the mystery together (when we get some free time เฒฅ อœส–เฒฅ

And @iNameless_ it's ok ( อกแต” อœส– อกแต” ) what counts is that your answer wasn't lost (because when it happens to me I get really lazy and I don't rewrite what was erased โ”(อ โ‰– อœส–อ โ‰–)โ”Œ )

I actually came here to comment on the brilliant way "khaleesirin-san" explained things in the analysis you quoted...
    I remember I once thought that Taichi is an ordinary character who was put in a somehow rich story while Arata's story is a big "WHAT?" not clear, not enough, not addressed to normal readers/watchers Still he is a wonderful character..
    I though that I never looked at Arata as a story I want to read and know the end,
    he is rather a character I will carry with me for years to come, I know that in my real life when I face some "things" I will wonder how Arata would have acted ...
    he is like a teacher to me, an example, an inspiring identity ..
    Can we call this Bromannce @Avish? if yes then hell yeah, the bromance from my part is so big!!
    if not then no, he is out of my league and I want to be just as brave as he is, he is a light for me ( อก๊ˆ อœส–ฬซ อก๊ˆ )
Jan 1, 2020 11:58 AM

Nov 2018

By the way @iNameless_ thank you for sharing all the new pictures in the Gallery, they all are wonderful, the manga edit is also very beautiful, I think it made me look deeper at that moment ... a bit differently too.. and it made me remember that Taichi kissed Chihaya without her consent, even worse, after her rejection WHILE Arata just extended his hand and waited for her to take if she wants...
    *sighs* Taichi ... pains me over and over ...
Jan 2, 2020 10:29 AM

Jul 2012
Hi everyone! Happy new year!
@MashimaTaichi_

@iNameless_

Jan 2, 2020 11:20 AM

Nov 2018
    @Hayama-Mizuki hi there and Happy new year to you too
    Also Happy new year to everyone else here ( อกแต” อœส– อกแต” )
    Mizuki-chan, You surprised me with your answer and I feel like a loser now (typical Taichi right? ( เฝ€ ส–ฬฏ เฝ€))
    I have been watching anime for a long time too but I still can't watch without following the subtitles carefully, lucky you!!
    But I assume you can understand Japanese then..really lucky you!
Jan 2, 2020 11:36 AM

Jul 2012
Thaaanks, @MashimaTaichi_

Speaking Japanese turned out to be not so difficult for me. It doesn't have much complicated grammar and words are easy to remember. Around 5 years ago, I listened to language learning audio lessons while I was on holiday trips. One of them is japanesepod101.com which is fun and entertaining. After that Japanese anime and drama became more pleasant to watch.
I tried to learn kanji as well, but I didn't succeed. > I didn't find time to study it everyday. T_T
Jan 2, 2020 10:04 PM

Nov 2018
    japanesepod101.com!!!
    I have been trying it's material many times but I guess I just wasn't as persistent as I should have been to learn any language.. I also read everywhere that Japanese is one of the easiest languages out there ...
    So yeah, guess it's all my fault ...
    And I can imagine the bliss of being able to understand every word with every related motion ...full enjoyment right?
    huh! I feel fired up to try and learn again but I have no enough time, it sucks (I guess Arata wouldn't say something like this right ..what would Arata say... I'm imitating Taichi of ep 10 or 11?)

By the way, has anyone seen this:

Jan 3, 2020 10:58 AM

Jan 2020

Thank you for this place and its content.
Thank you for accepting my request.

Jan 4, 2020 12:16 PM

Jul 2012
Japanesepod101.com is the most fun in lower Intermediate and Intermediate lessons where they have the best dialogues and some of them reminded me of typical anime situations. I haven't watched much of video lessons. I mostly listened to their audio. Oh yes, Japanese is simple, but only speaking Japanese ofc. It's easier to learn when you're on holidays, because your head is free.

Yes, I can enjoy the way they speak , especially when I re-watch my favourite moments I pay attention at a language nuances. This season of Chihayafuru didn't give any super-moments to re-watch yet. The next episodes have a chance to make us happy as we were when we read these chapters.^__^
Jan 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Jan 2020

Chapter 222:

A chapter all about Shinobu & Chihaya but the cover doesn't only have the two girls on,
there is also "๐’ฒ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ถ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ถ ๐“Ž๐’ถ" ...Arata's poem..
and "Chihayaburu": Chihaya's poem...
and "Se o hayami": the poem about meeting again...
and a red thread following the three cards...
no other cards...

unintended?

Jan 8, 2020 4:59 AM

Jul 2012
Hi @watanoharaya ! Nice to meet you!:)

Maybe it is coincidence XD. We will find out soon! ^^ Chapter 222 was interesting. I think Chihaya figured that Shinobu doesn't have a special strategy in her game. Her game is too dependent on what the cards mean to her and she places them accordingly. If Chihaya, Taichi, Arata were too obsessed with Chiha, Se o hayami and few other cards, for Shinobu it's every card. To be obsessed like that is not always for good. In this game one second can be enough to lose concentration. I hope what Chihaya does will work, although it's nasty haha.
Jan 8, 2020 10:21 AM

Nov 2018

@watanoharaya san, welcome and nice to know you (and interesting pseudo you chose there)
    For your question, that was a good catch, I didn't notice it myself but it's worth wondering,
    in a Chapter talking about meanings of the poems? on a cover taken from another cover where there was no karuta card at all? and specifically these three cards? I don't think this is coincidence @Hayama-Mizuki... I wouldn't have wondered too if watanoharaya wasn't there, because Chiha is about Chihaya, it makes sense and also, "Se" is the card closest to Shinobu for now... So why Watanoharaya? really good question....
    but as I always say, I'm not fond of making theories that might be wrong, so I won't make any, but I'll gladly mention this if I could write about this chapter in The Story forum, because it makes the experience of reading chapter 222 more special and thrilling, expecting/ wondering/ looking for more depths in the meaning and history of the poems, I would definitely add this info!!!

For Shinobu's placement, I wouldn't call that "no strategy" ... in Karuta, you need to take the card first, it's that simple, so in order to do that, place them in any way that can make you faster...whatever that way is, it's your strategy. Reminds me of that trick for people who want to memorize things better use, if you put the key words in some story you'll be able to remember them faster

Shinobu does exactly this and it's giving her an exact knowledge of where the card is whenever she hears it read ... it's a flawed strategy though, Chihaya is proving it, but Chihaya still doesn't know everything Shinobu knows about the card... I could feel it... when Chihaya put those "wrong" cards next to each-other, another story was made in Shinobu's head, she knows now where the cards are and she calmed down, she knows what she will do, she will play her role in the story Chihaya kinda "wrote"... She found her place within the cards again thanks to Chihaya.
    Whoever wins, it's fine... but Shinobu's relationship with the cards is something I wish she teaches Arata and Chihaya...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I watched episode 13 and I repeat, the feels I get from the manga are stronger than those I get from the anime ...seriously!
    Harada and everyone else were surprised by Arata's karuta style, they felt a CHANGE, they didn't recognize it when he started playing like his grandfather, doesn't that mean that Arata never played like his grandfather before? and that the way he always played was his own karuta style? and that he borrows his grandfather's style just when he faces special opponents?
    Or do I miss something?

Jan 10, 2020 10:28 AM

Jul 2012
MashimaTaichi_ said:

For Shinobu's placement, I wouldn't call that "no strategy" ... in Karuta, you need to take the card first, it's that simple, so in order to do that, place them in any way that can make you faster...whatever that way is, it's your strategy. Reminds me of that trick for people who want to memorize things better use, if you put the key words in some story you'll be able to remember them faster

Shinobu does exactly this and it's giving her an exact knowledge of where the card is whenever she hears it read ... it's a flawed strategy though, Chihaya is proving it, but Chihaya still doesn't know everything Shinobu knows about the card... I could feel it... when Chihaya put those "wrong" cards next to each-other, another story was made in Shinobu's head, she knows now where the cards are and she calmed down, she knows what she will do, she will play her role in the story Chihaya kinda "wrote"... She found her place within the cards again thanks to Chihaya.
    Whoever wins, it's fine... but Shinobu's relationship with the cards is something I wish she teaches Arata and Chihaya...

Nice video! Thank you! Well, in case with karuta, it’s not only about memorization. You can also put similar sounding cards closer to each other in order to take them quickly, but Shinobu doesn’t use this trick so far as I remember. I may be mistaken, but yeah: “flowed strategy” is a better word. Taichi is smart: he could definitely find holes in her strategy, if he had a chance to play with her in serious match. I’m afraid that the manga is close to the end and we won’t see it. Anyways, Chihaya did win some cards thanks to her trick, but now she needs to think of some other smart moves to continue leading. I’m looking forward for the next chapter. :)
I watched episode 13 and I repeat, the feels I get from the manga are stronger than those I get from the anime ...seriously!

When I watched the last part of 2nd season I had already read manga chapters which covered these episodes, and still I got more feels from the anime. I even put season 2 on my favorite list, not season 1 like most of Chihayafuru fans. Season 3 at times feels like it’s manga in motion which is a bad feeling. Production value went down for some reason. I don’t see any improvements after 2011-2012.

Harada and everyone else were surprised by Arata's karuta style, they felt a CHANGE, they didn't recognize it when he started playing like his grandfather, doesn't that mean that Arata never played like his grandfather before? and that the way he always played was his own karuta style? and that he borrows his grandfather's style just when he faces special opponents?
Or do I miss something?

I recall people were praising Arata, because he inherited strength in karuta from his grandfather. As for the playing style, I think it’s the first time they see him like this. He even copied grandfather’s behavior. It’s like when Chihaya copied Suo-san and Taichi copied Arata some episodes before. XD I don’t think what Chihaya wanted for Arata is to become someone else to win. She just wanted him to forget he is Harada sensei’s student and fight as his equal.
Jan 23, 2020 12:36 PM

Feb 2019

@Hayama-Mizuki,
    Hi everyone! In my opinion, today's epiosde was the best in the season so far! What do you think?

Hi Mizuki-chan, I also love this episode so so much!!! everything about it is wonderful
    - Chihaya's reaction to Arata's confession,
    - Arata's voice while calling "Chihaya" (I listened to it many times and let me tell you I was surprised at myself because I'm not someone who reacts to such things BUT I REALLY COULDN'T HELP MYSELF, HIS VOICE IS HYPNOTIZING!!!!!! ),
    - Suo's low voice too,
    - Chihaya's match against Suo and how thinking about Arata gave her a nice push,
    - Desk-kun's thoughts about Kana chan and I love how he values her and how he doesn't want to use her!
    - And ALSO Arata's voice ..HIS VOICE!!!!
    I also love Suetsugu sensei's comments on this episode and what she said about Arata's confession.. Arata is so cute
    I will post the comment and @MashimaTaichi_'s translation late, but in short, she said that she didn't intend to draw the confession yet but Arata told her that he wanted to say it now so she did xD
Feb 21, 2020 6:23 AM

Feb 2019

Seems that this site is having problems showing pictures?
and not all of them?
I contacted the server administrator, hopefully they'll fix this soon :/

Feb 21, 2020 11:00 PM

Nov 2018

Hi everyone, we might be still expecting 30+ new chapters, check this news

For the picture I noticed, it's happening all over Myanimlist clubs so hopefully they will do something about it very soon...
    And for the screenshot-ted comments by the author on the episodes, we have posted them here on Arata's Facebook group, check them! especially about Arata's confession, I think the comments are really cute.

Feb 26, 2020 5:47 AM

Feb 2019

Thank you so much Taichi kun, I didn't visit the group for a while but I'll surely be coming so often in the next few days in search for any spoilers of the new chapter lol

For the picture looks like everything is back to normal now thankfully!

Mar 26, 2020 10:45 AM

Jan 2020

No news about season 4?

Mar 26, 2020 1:04 PM

Nov 2018

No, unfortunately there is no news, Looks like Madhouse will be busy for now with it's other series like One Punch Man and No Game No Life... Still, fans want it badly and with actions like these HERE, Madhouse can surprise us at any moment with the news.

Mar 28, 2020 9:45 AM

Feb 2019

So am I the only one who doesn't care SO MUCH about the anime and rather waits only for the manga?
    I feel like after finishing the manga, I might refrain from watching any new season because I think, what I want more is to know how the story will unfold, what Arata specifically and the others will do and the moment I know, it's all over for me ... or is it?
    xD

Anyway, Taichi kun, I made what you told me and I sent it to you (I was about to post it here but I thought only you know what you want to do with it..
    But i still want to say that me too, I never cared about the shipping at first, I think I'm reacting to Arata as always, when Arata didn't show particular interest in Chihaya I didn't care, but now that he wants it I want it too ... as for Taichihaya, I'm scared at how much you explain my ideas ...

speaking again of a next season, I feel little excitement because I know that it's the season where Chihaya will hurt the most, I really feel angry for her :(

Anyways, I can't wait for the next chapter! 3 more days to go!! I can't wait to see my favorite trio in Chihayafuru "Arata, Chihaya & Shinobu" <3

Mar 29, 2020 7:08 AM

Nov 2018

I think I understand you ... and maybe I'll do the same, even though I think I want to see lot of scenes animated ...sometimes the voices enhance any touching idea/ feeling.
    and as I said, Mmmoru Miyano's acting made me for the first time see his confession as touching and it's something I couldn't really feel when I read the chapter ....

I'm like you though, any next season will be a sad one and i'm not very happy with the next chapters ... it reminds me of the beginning of my letting go of Taichi if I may say .. the disappointment, and the peak of my frustration with him ..

I think I also started to look more closely at Chihaya because of what happened with her, and how she was treated and seen, maybe, how she was lonely during her hard times? ..somehow I felt "guilty" towards her ......yeah, I know this must sound crazy but .. I don't say I relate to Taichi because it's fun ...
    Anyway, I just hope the manga doesn't end before she gets the recognition she deserves and I'm again thankful to Arata's thoughts on the chapter where he reminded us of the fact that Cihaya is the real heroine of the manga and she is a great one, if someone finds it difficult to see it then they have a problem somewhere else preventing them from seeing her ... I already told this to many of my friends and everyone's problem was again "Taichi" ..

For the picture, thank you very much..again I will repeat that I don't like talking or even thinking about the romance in Chihayafuru but I think I still can express what I believe about the "Kiss" clearly because for me, it has nothing to do with "love" it's all about the mess in Taichi's personality and his cowardice...

So maybe I'll write it in the new topic if I organize my ideas beside the main points I gave you ...

And yep! next chapter is in 2 more days (a countdown lol)

Mar 30, 2020 7:16 AM

Feb 2019

Next chapter is in 1 more day (xD)

By the way, this:
    watanoharaya said:

Chapter 222:

A chapter all about Shinobu & Chihaya but the cover doesn't only have the two girls on,
    there is also "๐’ฒ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ถ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ถ ๐“Ž๐’ถ" ...Arata's poem..
    and "Chihayaburu": Chihaya's poem...
    and "Se o hayami": the poem about meeting again...
    and a red thread following the three cards...
    no other cards...

unintended?

It's not the first cover to include specifically these 3 cards, there is also BeLove's 19th cover in 2012, this one:

Mar 31, 2020 12:54 PM

Feb 2019

Full spoilers are here: https://ametorico.com/manga/chihayafuru224/

what I feel regarding this chapter is exactly what my friend said, I quote it here:

No Arata but I find so many interesting things in this chapter ...

I don't understand much of what's going on, but Chihaya wasn't really lost between Harada sense's and Watarai san's teachings, she is doing GREAT!!!

For some reason, I got the feeling that even those who know Chihaya are stunned by her style,

I'm happy for this, and I'm happy these efforts aren't going to be mistaken for anyone's assistance like when fans always made it look like Chihaya can do nothing if Taichi isn't around..Chihaya is really doing fine without him.. Chihaya really has the great potential and intuition needed to shine in this game JUST LIKE ARATA SAW IN HER AND TOLD HER IN THE PAST!!!

Shinobu dear looks frustrated, I hope at some point she will be able to HAVE FUN playing with her rival who did a lot to catch up to her, who was so persistent in trying to "Understand" her, she rarely used the word "defeat", it's almost always "Understand" ...

I feel curious, who would be more knowledgeable between Shinobu chan and Kana chan when it comes to the poems? if there ever was a contest between them, I'll be cheering for Shinobu chan haha.

Looks like Chihaya's parents are wishing fr Chihaya to win EVEN IF BY A MERE FLUKE, but then Chihaya's hard work is brought up again, any win she can achieve is never a fluke!
    She worked hard and she gained so many weapons, from everyone who taught her and everyone she fought too ...

Another thing I love about this chapter is that we are getting more panels of Nikuman-kun, did I mention that I love him so much too?
    I love when he comments on things, he makes them more interesting imo.

And then, Next Chapter will be on Mai 1st.

Here she is my next queen (sorry Shinobu chan ><) ...

I also am thrilled at the introduction of the concept of "She is not who we thought"... I love "individuality, I love when a character has a unique presence ....

hmmmm...this reminds me of the "problem" with Arata that I still don't get ..
    I love Arata's Karuta, if it's his grandfather's I know nothing about it because I never saw him play...I really have a different opinion about this and for some reason I have a feeling that Arata will pull something unexpected again because, can we really finalize the idea of it being "Problematic"?
    because I can definitely write a wonderful story while making my protagonist wear anyone else's skin as they say and I think i'm starting to have some ideas now .............

Apr 18, 2020 9:37 AM
Jun 2014
Hello and welcome :)
Who cares about our numbers?
One Arata fan for me weighs thousand of Taichi fans,
Arata fans -for me- are these readers/watchers who won’t fall for Taichi’s magic and it’s enough for me to admire them,
We are different … it’s not “rare”, it’s “special”, that’s what we are :)

Thank you kindly. :) Hope everybody's safe. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.

I care for our numbers mainly because the Taichi thread is over 150 pages and ours is just one page! Haha! But seriously, whichever discussion, blogs I found, it was frustrating to read again and again about how Taichi 'deserves' Chihaya or how Chihaya only admires or idolizes Arata or Ara-Chi have nothing but Karuta, so they're doomed to fail. Etc, etc... So it makes me happy whenever I find Arata-centric anything really. Like the posts from 'khaleesirin' blog. I was glad to find some of them shared here. She writes beautifully.

I didn't fall for Taichi's magic cause I find Arata much more interesting (also we kinda look and dress similar, though he's much better looking) ;) I also love his VA and I'm a sucker for dialects. His Sentarou from Sakamichi no Apollon was also amazing. Hard to believe both are done by same person. And I kinda dislike Taichi VA. I know he's very popular, but he really gets on my nerves sometimes. His constant blubbering made me impossible to get into Steins Gate. He also sounds pretty much same whatever the role. I do like Taichi as a character (when he's not being shady), but obviously not as much as our 'Chihayaburu'.

I watched the anime first too and searched for the manga because I wanted to know more...
For what was cut, I really don't trust the anime stuff but I don’t care much either because what I prefer anyway is the canon materiel: the manga and what sensei says herself!!

It was really annoying the stuff they cut or changed was mostly Arata related. Manga has superior art in my opinion, but some scenes are much better when animated with the majestic OST. But animation felt somewhat inferior this season. Somebody mentioned 'manga in motion', is very apt. I hope they improve some of it for Blu-ray.

Anyway, about the unbiased blog you mentioned, are you not by any chance talking about Karice and her blog Hot chocolate bowl?
Because I know it too and I searched for her everywhere and when I found her on Twitter I talked a bit with her and I understood that she was bothered by some fanatic fans too (she didn't say it head on but it was so clear who she was speaking of)
it's sad, because she tried her best to be faithful and fair...
The good news is that she intends to come back the bad news is that it will take some more time…

Yesss, she's the one and I agree. Glad to know you talked to her. I really enjoyed reading her blog. Read it more than once. And now that manga is gonna run for two more years, she has plenty of time to come back! :)

And Yep, "Chiha"…
was thinking about the same thing …
Buuuut, after reading what sensei said about how she chooses the flowers she uses for her covers, I don’t think she intends any unusual symbolism,
it was confirmed that the covers with any special symbolism is the doing of her editor (or something like that), someone called: Yanagawa san…

I didn’t pay enough attention I must admit, I didn’t memorize how and when the special cards appeared and used (and I’m not very free to go look back now but i’ll try (or if you know a place where I can find a summary that would be helpful))

Sadly, Arata has never won it, that much I'm sure. But I'm hoping that he'll win it in the most awaited match of the manga! Hope sensei won't disappoint us! Fingers crossed! Haven't paid as much attention to Taichi and Chihaya, but both have at least 70% of success rate.

But I still remember that the “Se” card was used to express different or close meanings between Arata & Chihaya at first, then Chihaya & Taichi and as we read in the latest chapters, between Shinobu and Chihaya…
My point is that the cards are not used exclusively for one message….

Probably "Chiha" is the only card with exclusive message...

Same for “Chiha”
It was about “Chihaya & her new self who acquired a dream of her own and who needed Chihaya’s care” she decided she will take “Chiha” wherever it was placed..she would fight for her own self… that was a positive use of Chiha i think,
did Chihaya still lose it back then?
She didn’t right?

Then it was about “Chihaya” as an illusion of a person Taichi cannot reach in real life… Taichi kept loosing it right?
Because that was a negative behavior.

After Taichi confessed and left, Chiha kept disappearing and Chihaya couldn’t communicate with Arata, things seemed better when Taichi came back, Chihaya felt no need for Chiha when Taichi is here (and Chiha was actually with Taichi most of the times if I remember well?)

But this didn’t last for so long after that, Chihaya went back to obsessing over Chiha … Arata tried to focus on if for a bit but decided he shouldn’t “obsess” over some cards, “obsess” being a key word here…

In case, something is really intended with all this, in case, Sensei or even her editor want to convey a message with this then I think I have a theory …
But i won’t explain until I review the history of Chiha appearance where there was a focus on it!
So I’ll try to come back again to this subject…

This is quite amazing. You're definitely onto something. Thank you. Have you read Reddit chihayafuru rewatch threads? They have pretty detailed write-ups regarding poems and matches and even charts about who won which card how many times etc. Maybe they'll help you with your investigation. And please do share your theory if and when you feel like. Looking forward to it. :)
AvishApr 18, 2020 9:55 AM
Apr 18, 2020 9:52 AM
Jun 2014
MashimaTaichi_ said:

A quick visit!!
    @Avish, Welcome my dear fellow Arata fan and let us unite first to see whether or not we are rare right? lol,
    hmmm... I know that Chihaya is very popular in Japan and that Arata beat her in the latest poll so can we really say we rare?
    it's rather that we don't fangirl/fanboy over Arata everywhere on the net like Taichi fans do that's why we seem rare, and for me it's just that (we are more poised?).
    what @iNameless_ said is right too but in my case, it's exactly because I find Arata fans interesting that I want to meet more of them :)
    the fans who don't fall for Taichi's magic, this sentence is very interesting.

About the chiha card, I think I didn't pay enough attention because I had a feeling it was about Romance (a poem about a bright red love) and as I said before, I wasn't a shipper so I think I purposefully ignored it ... But I I also agree that this wasn't everything about it ... I think we can't tell until we have all the data (haha, detectives)
    If you ever gather the needed info, @iNameless_ do share it here, we will try to unveil the mystery together (when we get some free time เฒฅ อœส–เฒฅ

I actually came here to comment on the brilliant way "khaleesirin-san" explained things in the analysis you quoted...
    I remember I once thought that Taichi is an ordinary character who was put in a somehow rich story while Arata's story is a big "WHAT?" not clear, not enough, not addressed to normal readers/watchers Still he is a wonderful character..
    I though that I never looked at Arata as a story I want to read and know the end,
    he is rather a character I will carry with me for years to come, I know that in my real life when I face some "things" I will wonder how Arata would have acted ...
    he is like a teacher to me, an example, an inspiring identity ..
    Can we call this Bromannce @Avish? if yes then hell yeah, the bromance from my part is so big!!
    if not then no, he is out of my league and I want to be just as brave as he is, he is a light for me ( อก๊ˆ อœส–ฬซ อก๊ˆ )

Thank you kindly. :) The way you talk about Arata, I feel you live up to your name! Hehe! :) Definitely a bromance I'd say! ;)
Apr 18, 2020 10:08 AM
Jun 2014

hmmmm...this reminds me of the "problem" with Arata that I still don't get ..
I love Arata's Karuta, if it's his grandfather's I know nothing about it because I never saw him play...I really have a different opinion about this and for some reason I have a feeling that Arata will pull something unexpected again because, can we really finalize the idea of it being "Problematic"?
because I can definitely write a wonderful story while making my protagonist wear anyone else's skin as they say and I think i'm starting to have some ideas now .............

I'm also confused by this constant 'Arata is not himself' theme! So his beautiful flowy style is not his?

Also, in chapter 208, a small celebration is going on in Arata's house and his Sensei describes Wataya Sensei's style during his golden age in these words, 'He was able to take the cards without sending them flying, with a fast gesture.' Which sounds more like Suo's style than Arata's. Hence my confusion.

I feel that Arata's style is very adaptable. I mean look at his match against Murao where he was having tummy problems and also 'look down on Taichi' problem, which caused corruption of his 'room' which caused black cards. See how brilliantly he adapted and came back to win from 11 card deficit. He won without using his usual flowy style and his 'room'. Probably my favorite episode of season 3.
AvishApr 18, 2020 10:21 AM
Apr 21, 2020 3:20 AM

Feb 2019

Thank you kindly. :) Hope everybody's safe. Please take care of yourself and your loved ones.

I care for our numbers mainly because the Taichi thread is over 150 pages and ours is just one page! Haha! But seriously, whichever discussion, blogs I found, it was frustrating to read again and again about how Taichi 'deserves' Chihaya or how Chihaya only admires or idolizes Arata or Ara-Chi have nothing but Karuta, so they're doomed to fail. Etc, etc... So it makes me happy whenever I find Arata-centric anything really. Like the posts from 'khaleesirin' blog. I was glad to find some of them shared here. She writes beautifully.

Welcome back @Avish!!
    The Taichi thread …..
    Yeah I saw that, older club (someone said it’s there for more than 6 years now) , same “not many active” members saying same things over and over and so much bashing Arata … urgh! I remember how much I was hurt for visiting it ^^”
    I feel you really, and my experience is similar to you with a Facebook group, that’s why a friend of mine (with a bit of my help) created another group just for Arata fans (now we have +400 members) but let me tell you that the difference is still there.. Arata fans are still calmer, more poised as Taichi said, less obsessed, less assertive i might add … I find it amusing that those who love the quiet Arata are also quiet to some degree, definitely less zealous than Taichi fans… I remember
    even when Taichi created this club he didn’t mean to make a chat center or something, he wanted to leave here his impressions from time to time and I loved the idea so I wanted to be able to do that too..to make this place somewhat of a database for material about Arata more than a place for conversations
    but who am I kidding? I can’t deny how happy I too feel when I meet another passionate Arata fan, when I feel that Arata is loved and someone else is willing to defend him or is enjoying him, I really feel so happy, so believe me you are more than welcome…

I didn't fall for Taichi's magic cause I find Arata much more interesting (also we kinda look and dress similar, though he's much better looking) ;) I also love his VA and I'm a sucker for dialects. His Sentarou from Sakamichi no Apollon was also amazing. Hard to believe both are done by same person. And I kinda dislike Taichi VA. I know he's very popular, but he really gets on my nerves sometimes. His constant blubbering made me impossible to get into Steins Gate. He also sounds pretty much same whatever the role. I do like Taichi as a character (when he's not being shady), but obviously not as much as our 'Chihayaburu'.

I also can’t quite understand what’s attractive about Taichi, i’m not interested in good looks or cool guys that girls obsess over generally, and I sure don’t get his “problem” well, I see people sympathize with him so much that I wonder what I miss because for me, I think he is really fine, he just needs to open his eyes to see it, he is torturing himself (and those around him even his fans) with no actual reasons to be THAT miserable … or i’m missing something as I said

Lol, you dislike Mamoru san? I actually started liking him after I knew Taichi because he is the complete opposite of him ๏Š

It was really annoying the stuff they cut or changed was mostly Arata related. Manga has superior art in my opinion, but some scenes are much better when animated with the majestic OST. But animation felt somewhat inferior this season. Somebody mentioned 'manga in motion', is very apt. I hope they improve some of it for Blu-ray.

For the cut scenes, something is telling me that the anime stuff thought that Taichi was the main male lead so they kept almost his everything while they cut Arata’s scenes but in this 3rd season, they recognize Arata’s place so they didn’t do anything and i’m thankful. and yes you are right, the animation was really basic but I admit it still explains some things better (like the fact that Chihaya said something beside her “sorry” to Taichi that I didn’t notice before lol)
    Still the animation was bad that Suetsugu sensei felt the need to comment on some scenes on twitter trying to explain what her intention was.

Probably "Chiha" is the only card with exclusive message...

I don't think so but I'm afraid I still can't say anything, still can't find the right pattern and i think that it's exactly because it's not used for one exclusive message...
    sadly, I couldn't find enough time to carry on my research (lol) about it, and yes I saw some of reddit's rewatch threads but i don't have patience to read through everything, most of it is too biased for my taste and I don't know how to browse through it to see the exact statistics you spoke about so I don't know for now ..i'm really sorry if this disappointed you :(

I'm also confused by this constant 'Arata is not himself' theme! So his beautiful flowy style is not his?

Also, in chapter 208, a small celebration is going on in Arata's house and his Sensei describes Wataya Sensei's style during his golden age in these words, 'He was able to take the cards without sending them flying, with a fast gesture.' Which sounds more like Suo's style than Arata's. Hence my confusion.

The thing is, I don't even care if it's not his because I didn't see it with anyone else but him, it was his body that fit exactly those wonderful moves, his brain that analyzed his opponents' plans, his own memory that kept the placement he changed every time, it was Arata's skills and long practiced moves not his grandfather's ..... I remember when Taichi said that his super acceleration is something none could reproduce during practice I was proud, so what if his grandfather told him about that technique? what matters is that his persistent practice and hard work is what made it a part of him and not his grandfather ...
    No that's not it... I think, they only want Arata to stop smiling happily when he plays, they want him to show his angry scary face more often .. but for some reason I feel like Arata won't, because his love for karuta is genuine ....

Apr 21, 2020 6:43 AM
Jun 2014
Welcome back @Avish!!

Glad to be back! :)

The Taichi thread …..
Yeah I saw that, older club (someone said it’s there for more than 6 years now) , same “not many active” members saying same things over and over and so much bashing Arata … urgh! I remember how much I was hurt for visiting it ^^”

Oh yeah, I remember when I visited that thread, I had to leave after a couple of pages because of some really low-level Arata bashing. I remember they called him 'parasite' and what his grandpa did was 'child abuse' and whatnot. I mean wow... I haven't dared to go back since...

I feel you really, and my experience is similar to you with a Facebook group, that’s why a friend of mine (with a bit of my help) created another group just for Arata fans (now we have +400 members) but let me tell you that the difference is still there.. Arata fans are still calmer, more poised as Taichi said, less obsessed, less assertive i might add … I find it amusing that those who love the quiet Arata are also quiet to some degree, definitely less zealous than Taichi fans…

I'm no longer active on FB, otherwise, I'd have joined there also. And yep, I myself is very introverted and becoming more n' more reclusive...

I remember even when Taichi created this club he didn’t mean to make a chat center or something, he wanted to leave here his impressions from time to time and I loved the idea so I wanted to be able to do that too..to make this place somewhat of a database for material about Arata more than a place for conversations
but who am I kidding? I can’t deny how happy I too feel when I meet another passionate Arata fan, when I feel that Arata is loved and someone else is willing to defend him or is enjoying him, I really feel so happy, so believe me you are more than welcome…

What I feel missing from Arata fans compared to Taichi fans is the analysis of various things, like during important matches, who took which card, what is the symbolism behind the cards and poems associated with it and how they relate to characters, etc. Like you have done with card 41 recently. I really wish I was up to the task, but I'm not very good when it comes to symbolism, poetry or hidden meanings... :(

I also can’t quite understand what’s attractive about Taichi, i’m not interested in good looks or cool guys that girls obsess over generally, and I sure don’t get his “problem” well, I see people sympathize with him so much that I wonder what I miss because for me, I think he is really fine, he just needs to open his eyes to see it, he is torturing himself (and those around him even his fans) with no actual reasons to be THAT miserable … or i’m missing something as I said

Yeah, he does have self-esteem issues when it comes to Chihaya and Arata. But the massive screentime + constant monologues we get to hear from him. Plus his one-sided love, which ironically I should find relatable cause I have some experience regarding that. Haha. But somehow I can't. Comparatively, Arata has way less screentime and hardly any monologues. And yet he manages to weave his magic with many...

Lol, you dislike Mamoru san? I actually started liking him after I knew Taichi because he is the complete opposite of him

I meant his voice acting. I don't really know anything personal about him. And I did enjoy his character in Ouran High School, so I don't dislike everything he does. ;)

yes you are right, the animation was really basic but I admit it still explains some things better (like the fact that Chihaya said something beside her “sorry” to Taichi that I didn’t notice before lol)

I think she said "sorry" three times. "Gomen","Gomen","Gomen".

I don't think so but I'm afraid I still can't say anything, still can't find the right pattern and i think that it's exactly because it's not used for one exclusive message...

The exclusive message of "Chiha" is I feel that it always comes back to Chihaya. It's linked to her "self".

sadly, I couldn't find enough time to carry on my research (lol) about it, and yes I saw some of reddit's rewatch threads but i don't have patience to read through everything, most of it is too biased for my taste and I don't know how to browse through it to see the exact statistics you spoke about so I don't know for now ..i'm really sorry if this disappointed you :(

You don't have to read those whole threads, just the main post which discusses the episode in detail. I found these posts pretty balanced with very little Arata bashing. But I totally understand that it's too much work to sift through all the data. So, no worries. :)

The thing is, I don't even care if it's not his because I didn't see it with anyone else but him, it was his body that fit exactly those wonderful moves, his brain that analyzed his opponents' plans, his own memory that kept the placement he changed every time, it was Arata's skills and long practiced moves not his grandfather's ..... I remember when Taichi said that his super acceleration is something none could reproduce during practice I was proud, so what if his grandfather told him about that technique? what matters is that his persistent practice and hard work is what made it a part of him and not his grandfather ...
No that's not it... I think, they only want Arata to stop smiling happily when he plays, they want him to show his angry scary face more often .. but for some reason I feel like Arata won't, because his love for karuta is genuine ....

I pretty much agree with you. But the way mangaka keeps bringing it up feels kinda ominous. Arata keeps seeing him like some sort of ghost and keeps behaving like possessed by him and thinking things like "Is this the time to worry about people" gives me the creeps. Now even Suล-san is needling him with the same thing. And even Arata seems to agree,"My Karuta is accepted by everyone, but it is my grandpa's Karuta." I really hope mangaka will resolve this effectively.
AvishApr 21, 2020 7:02 AM
Apr 22, 2020 7:09 AM

Feb 2019
    Oh yeah, I remember when I visited that thread, I had to leave after a couple of pages because of some really low-level Arata bashing. I remember they called him 'parasite' and what his grandpa did was 'child abuse' and whatnot. I mean wow... I haven't dared to go back since...

Horrible indeed and it scares me, I fear doing the same, I like to discuss things with those who don’t see them the way I do but I’m afraid I will respond to their attacks with the same ways so I prefer to stay away from them, my sister is a Taichi fan and you can’t imagine how eager I am to discuss things with her she is my only “safe” Taichi fan haha (sadly she is not up to date yet she is busy)
    But let us Arata fans try to be enough for each other should we?

I'm no longer active on FB, otherwise, I'd have joined there also. And yep, I myself is very introverted and becoming more n' more reclusive...

It’s ok, here or there, it’s the same I guess.
    You reminded me of something @MashimaTaichi_ was wondering about concerning the MBTI of Arata fans (are you aware of that theory?)
    he said that he noticed that most Arata fans he met are either INFPs ( which is Arata’s type) or INTJs (which is both Taichis’ type -the character and our friend here xD, and it’s mine too)
    I wonder about your MBTI?

What I feel missing from Arata fans compared to Taichi fans is the analysis of various things, like during important matches, who took which card, what is the symbolism behind the cards and poems associated with it and how they relate to characters, etc. Like you have done with card 41 recently. I really wish I was up to the task, but I'm not very good when it comes to symbolism, poetry or hidden meanings... :(

Well, what I think is that:
    1) there are more Taichi fans so anything done in this fandom will feel like it’s done by them whereas there were Arata fans among those who analyzed things since the beginning ..I’m speaking about the first fans I know (on MangaFox before it was taken down) there were ugly wars back then and both sides were trying to back their claims with different analysis, after the site was taken down, Taichi fan reunited again and kept their theories and continued from where they left off… while Arata fans dispersed especially when the focus on Taichi increased and Arata was put aside to some extent.

2) We should admit that Arata has little to do with the most part of any symbolism so Arata fans aren’t as eager as Taichi fans, add to it the fact that Taichi’s feelings were never acknowledged by Chihaya and Taichi was always miserable so Taichi fans were and ARE STILL helplessly looking for any hint that it wasn’t the case …Arata fans on the other hand don’t feel as much need because Chihaya has always shown -somehow- satisfying affection for Arata

Personally, i’m so much in love with poetry and symbolism but I don’t think that everything is hiding something … I love when my intuition tells me things about the future and I try to prove it ..I also enjoy reading people, I succeed sometimes and fail sometimes but it’s very interesting to me so I try to read Suetsugu sensei, it’s hard though because I feel like she is not writing Chihayafuru alone, there is always a different touch in the story that I don’t expect but it’s fun …

My problem with the symbolism in Chihayafuru is the lack of enough free time AND HISTORY! I love searching about the flowers, the places but … people’s lives ..some details about them specifically need so much attention and patience that I can’t find in me for now …

As for you Avish kun, you are good at noticing things, at thinking and criticizing and this can be very helpful if you want to contribute to making good analysis … for example you spoke about poem 41, although the idea wasn’t mine from the start but I thought about it and when I tried to organize it, I think the way I wrote it makes good sense and that pieces are joint together (I even asked my sister if I was biased she said it sits well with her logic too) .. still I feel like I need it to be criticized, if other things can be added I want to be told about them, I want to write something that none could object to, facts!!
    so I will be glad to hear any thoughts of yours whatever they are

Yeah, he does have self-esteem issues when it comes to Chihaya and Arata. But the massive screentime + constant monologues we get to hear from him. Plus his one-sided love, which ironically I should find relatable cause I have some experience regarding that. Haha. But somehow I can't. Comparatively, Arata has way less screentime and hardly any monologues. And yet he manages to weave his magic with many...

“Comparatively, Arata has way less screentime and hardly any monologues. And yet he manages to weave his magic with many...” you know? I want to print this and hang it in my room! because you know what? it speaks everything about how special Arata is!!!!!
    (by the way, I intended to count the number of pages where Arata appeared in the manga compared to the total number of pages because when the results of the last poll were out, many Taichi fans laughed at Arata and his fans for it but for me I was impressed because as far as I remember Arata didn’t have third of Taichi’s presence so how did he get third of the results?
    It is amazing for me, and comparing Taichi is just ridiculous …
    Anyway i brought this back in case you want me to give you some homework and make you count the pages to help *insert evil laugh* .....xD

I think she said "sorry" three times. "Gomen","Gomen","Gomen".

uh-uh, I don’t think so… she told him something else beside « sorry » because why hide it if it was just the same message?
    Some fans say that it is something that might mean Chihaya didn’t reject Taichi and they honestly believe so and i’m dumbfounded!
    I rather feel like it’s something that made Taichi sadder than how he would have felt if she didn’t say it … maybe something related to Arata ..but we can’t really say so I prefer to wait and see …

The exclusive message of "Chiha" is I feel that it always comes back to Chihaya. It's linked to her "self".

This, I can’t argue. but I believe the message is longer than just “Chihaya” and here is the difference.
    Taichi is obsessed with Chihaya and it’s too much. he should let go
    Arata is cold to and kind of “ignores” Chihaya and it’s too much too, he needs to care more.
    Weren’t these two ideas invoked several times side by side as if a comparison is encouraged? …but … I still can’t say ..
    At some point I felt like Arata and Chihaya are STILL wanted to be seen as Hikoboshi and Orihime of the Tanabata legend and that Taichi is the tatsuta river, the magpie, in short, the link between them, when he is not around, they have a difficulty communicating with each other

Hmmmm, I really don’t now …
    But for some reason, I’m not very interested in CHIHA for now, there is another card that feels more important, it’s the card that Queen Honda took to win her title this years, the real queen I mean, the “SE” card, the one added to the Arata Zakka monument in FUKUI …
    Something more important is related to “se” believe me!

You don't have to read those whole threads, just the main post which discusses the episode in detail. I found these posts pretty balanced with very little Arata bashing. But I totally understand that it's too much work to sift through all the data. So, no worries. :)

I really don’t know, if you have seen some you can maybe give a link?

I pretty much agree with you. But the way mangaka keeps bringing it up feels kinda ominous. Arata keeps seeing him like some sort of ghost and keeps behaving like possessed by him and thinking things like "Is this the time to worry about people" gives me the creeps. Now even Suล-san is needling him with the same thing. And even Arata seems to agree,"My Karuta is accepted by everyone, but it is my grandpa's Karuta." I really hope mangaka will resolve this effectively.

Yeah, I also am afraid … I know she still can make him look even greater with a new style that belongs only to him but I love his current Karuta, I love the way he is relaxed when playing, the way, he feels no fear, the way he invokes images related to HIM and HIS OWN HEART to win …
    Anyway, next chapter is in 8/7 more days so hopefully, we will know more about what she intends to do ……

Apr 24, 2020 8:11 AM

Nov 2018
Thank you kindly. :) The way you talk about Arata, I feel you live up to your name! Hehe! :) Definitely a bromance I'd say! ;)

haha. Ok man, I won't object anymore, I do like him tons!

You reminded me of something @MashimaTaichi_ was wondering about concerning the MBTI of Arata fans (are you aware of that theory?)
he said that he noticed that most Arata fans he met are either INFPs ( which is Arata’s type) or INTJs (which is both Taichis’ type -the character and our friend here xD, and it’s mine too)
I wonder about your MBTI?

I also want to know @Avish because I am very interested!
I think it makes so much sense, INFPs like him because either they relate to him or they are drawn to his honesty because INFPs are so true to themselves
INTJs on the other hand struggle with a lot of Taichi's flaws, a bit deeper than explained in the manga and most of the qualities they wish to have are in INFPs so he is kinda an example or something to them (to me anyway :p)

Yeah, I also am afraid … I know she still can make him look even greater with a new style that belongs only to him but I love his current Karuta, I love the way he is relaxed when playing, the way, he feels no fear, the way he invokes images related to HIM and HIS OWN HEART to win …
Anyway, next chapter is in 8/7 more days so hopefully, we will know more about what she intends to do ……

I remember I felt this worried when Arata was playing against Taichi in the qualifiers, Suetsugu kept pushing negative feelings into him and making him "hate" which was Taichi's specialty until that point, I was really unsatisfied because it felt out of place for Arata's character,
AND THEN THE END OF THE MATCH AAND ARATA WAS BACK TO HIS SELF THAT I KNOW AND I WAS SO GLAD ..
I'm hopeful ... maybe things will be again stressful but I think Suetsugu really "listens" to her characters and the Arata she made won't disappoint me...

We might need to accept some changing though ... Arata playing with his grandfather's karuta is something I found great, like Naruto using his father's Rasengan, the great weapon might not be his, but not anyone can carry and use it unless they prove their greatness too ..Arata did very well in reminding a whole generation i'd say of an eternal Meijin while he is still a 17 yo guy, this is one shounen trope I like to see and if I were the author I would have focused on the efforts that made this possible but again this is shoujo and the manga speaks more about being your unique person in a shoujo way (lol), inventing your things ...errrr, for a sec here I remembered that Taichi was appreciated for copying Emoru's and Sudo's moves, for playing a style that reminded people of Suo's style ...aaaaand? whatever?
I think what is wanted from Arata is to do something that will make "him" be praised and his grandfather's name not to be brought up ... to show that he has a passion for karuta different from his grandfather's
I like Arata the way he is but I'm curious about what Suetsugu thinks is a better Arata ...Are you not curious too?
Apr 24, 2020 1:11 PM

Feb 2019

Everyone should read @MashimaTaichi_ kun's post here
Because I didn't read anything more intersting in a while now!
I really hope all Arata fans read it!

Apr 26, 2020 9:35 AM

Jan 2020

About the cards & symbolism, why not focus on the specific ones the author intentionally chose for her comic book?
She made the official comic book with so much care (her activity on twitter back then says so), and looking through it, you’ll get the feelings that her goal from it is to sum up the past essential events in order to set a new step up to the next arc.
if so, she chose those poems to tell us to focus on their role in the story … I firmly believe.

Apr 27, 2020 3:26 AM
Jun 2014
Horrible indeed and it scares me, I fear doing the same, I like to discuss things with those who don’t see them the way I do but I’m afraid I will respond to their attacks with the same ways so I prefer to stay away from them

Good decision of staying away... we shouldn't stoop to such levels, no matter what...

my sister is a Taichi fan and you can’t imagine how eager I am to discuss things with her she is my only “safe” Taichi fan haha (sadly she is not up to date yet she is busy)

So lucky :) No one in my family shares my interests :(

You reminded me of something @MashimaTaichi_ was wondering about concerning the MBTI of Arata fans (are you aware of that theory?) he said that he noticed that most Arata fans he met are either INFPs ( which is Arata’s type) or INTJs (which is both Taichis’ type -the character and our friend here xD, and it’s mine too) I wonder about your MBTI?

I also want to know @Avish because I am very interested!
I think it makes so much sense, INFPs like him because either they relate to him or they are drawn to his honesty because INFPs are so true to themselves. INTJs on the other hand struggle with a lot of Taichi's flaws, a bit deeper than explained in the manga and most of the qualities they wish to have are in INFPs so he is kinda an example or something to them (to me anyway :p)

I remember taking a really long test (80-90 questions) some 4-5 years ago when I first discovered about introversion. And the result was: ISFP - the artist or the creator or something like that. I remember it being pretty accurate.

Well, what I think is that:
1) there are more Taichi fans so anything done in this fandom will feel like it’s done by them whereas there were Arata fans among those who analyzed things since the beginning ..I’m speaking about the first fans I know (on MangaFox before it was taken down) there were ugly wars back then and both sides were trying to back their claims with different analysis, after the site was taken down, Taichi fan reunited again and kept their theories and continued from where they left off… while Arata fans dispersed especially when the focus on Taichi increased and Arata was put aside to some extent.

So you've been a part of fandom since the beginning? And was MangaFox taken down cause' of those ugly wars? I remember reading something about it on Karice's blog.

2) We should admit that Arata has little to do with the most part of any symbolism

Comon. Arata is (or was?) the embodiment of "Chihayaburu'. Doesn't get any bigger than that ;)

so Arata fans aren’t as eager as Taichi fans, add to it the fact that Taichi’s feelings were never acknowledged by Chihaya and Taichi was always miserable so Taichi fans were and ARE STILL helplessly looking for any hint that it wasn’t the case …Arata fans on the other hand don’t feel as much need because Chihaya has always shown -somehow- satisfying affection for Arata

I've been meaning to ask you guys about Chihaya's affection for Arata, mainly after Taichi left.

As for you Avish kun, you are good at noticing things, at thinking and criticizing and this can be very helpful if you want to contribute to making good analysis … so I will be glad to hear any thoughts of yours whatever they are

Thanks. I'll try. :)

Anyway i brought this back in case you want me to give you some homework and make you count the pages to help *insert evil laugh* .....xD

Ha ha! Well, I do have plenty of free time on my hands right now, but I'm not gonna spend it counting pages, that's for sure ;P

uh-uh, I don’t think so… she told him something else beside « sorry » because why hide it if it was just the same message?
Some fans say that it is something that might mean Chihaya didn’t reject Taichi and they honestly believe so and i’m dumbfounded!
I rather feel like it’s something that made Taichi sadder than how he would have felt if she didn’t say it … maybe something related to Arata ..but we can’t really say so I prefer to wait and see …

I rewatched it and during the scene we see her lips move three times and few moments later we hear "Gomen" in her voice. Her lip movement is exact same all three times, so it's safe to assume it's the same word. So unless you think she said something off-camera and only Taichi heard it, it looks like "Gomen" is all she said.

What surprised me during that scene was "It can't be, it can't be" part. I always thought it was Chihaya thinking so, but in anime it was Taichi. Which makes it even sadder.

This, I can’t argue. but I believe the message is longer than just “Chihaya”

I know it's very simplistic but Occam's razor, you know!

What do you think about Chihaya linking it to Arata during his match against Shinobu and Kanade linking it to Chihaya in one of the recent chapters? or was it just the word "Chihayaburu" and nothing to do with the card?

But for some reason, I’m not very interested in CHIHA for now, there is another card that feels more important, the “SE” card... Something more important is related to “se” believe me!

If it's regarding Ara-Chi, then elaborate please.

I remember I felt this worried when Arata was playing against Taichi in the qualifiers, Suetsugu kept pushing negative feelings into him and making him "hate" which was Taichi's specialty until that point, I was really unsatisfied because it felt out of place for Arata's character, AND THEN THE END OF THE MATCH AAND ARATA WAS BACK TO HIS SELF THAT I KNOW AND I WAS SO GLAD...

I really loved his bickering with Taichi before the 2nd match, after girls opened all windows and brought in the fresh cold air.

We might need to accept some changing though ... Arata playing with his grandfather's karuta is something I found great, like Naruto using his father's Rasengan, the great weapon might not be his, but not anyone can carry and use it unless they prove their greatness too ..Arata did very well in reminding a whole generation i'd say of an eternal Meijin while he is still a 17 yo guy, this is one shounen trope I like to see and if I were the author I would have focused on the efforts that made this possible but again this is shoujo and the manga speaks more about being your unique person in a shoujo way (lol), inventing your things ... I think what is wanted from Arata is to do something that will make "him" be praised and his grandfather's name not to be brought up ... to show that he has a passion for karuta different from his grandfather's. I like Arata the way he is but I'm curious about what Suetsugu thinks is a better Arata ...Are you not curious too?

Definitely curious, but it's taking a really long time to get there. So just getting a bit annoyed with the repeated hammering of the same point.

About the cards & symbolism, why not focus on the specific ones the author intentionally chose for her comic book?
She made the official comic book with so much care (her activity on twitter back then says so), and looking through it, you’ll get the feelings that her goal from it is to sum up the past essential events in order to set a new step up to the next arc. if so, she chose those poems to tell us to focus on their role in the story … I firmly believe.

Official comic book?
AvishApr 27, 2020 3:34 AM
Apr 27, 2020 4:04 AM

Jan 2020
Apr 27, 2020 4:22 AM
Jun 2014
Everyone should read @MashimaTaichi_ kun's post here
Because I didn't read anything more intersting in a while now!
I really hope all Arata fans read it!

What a post, Taichi-kun! Fantastic!

What I realized while reading it, is that I share many traits of Taichi. Pessimistic, cautious, making myself miserable by over-thinking things, etc... and yet I never once related myself to him. Funny, isn't it? Such is the overwhelming presence of the 'Chihayaburu'...
AvishApr 27, 2020 4:25 AM
Apr 27, 2020 4:36 AM
Jun 2014

Thanks, but it's sold out. Wish it was available in digital format.
Apr 27, 2020 2:48 PM

Apr 2020
Thank you so much for accepting me, I'm so happy I found this club. I'm new in MAL and I really wanted to talk to ppl about Arata and that encouranged me to make an account here. This club feels like a nice break from all the Taichi outside, Taichi is of course a good character, but it's upsetting how very little love Arata gets or some Taichi fans try to degrade his character ;__; I've been meaning to ask: Do you all ship Chihaya/Arata beside loving Arata or some of you just don't care about shipping? I'm a huge Chiharata shipper, that's why I'm asking. I hope we can get along ^^
Apr 28, 2020 3:36 AM

Nov 2018

@Hananofuru, Welcome to the club, we are happier to have you with us and I hope you'll enjoy being here (even though we are not really that active but personally, this place is my favorite Arata-related place on the net so I will always come back here to express my thoughts)

and Taichi fans, you did just what we all did, we let go of uselessly arguing with them and reading their constant disheartening/aggressive comments and I believe this way is healthier for all of us.

About your question, I think most Arata fans are AraChia (or Chiharata) shippers so your passion will be most welcome ^^
    and if you meant to know about our individual preferences, personally I only i'm sure that i'm VERY AGAINST TAICHIHAYA, as for Chiharata, I think I can't compare to real shippers BUT I will always want a Chiharata ending as long as Arata wants it so we are more than good ^_^

PS: I was "positively" surprised that you chose Hanano's name and profile picture, I hope that it means you like her? because welcome to my team then xD, I also find Hanano's character very good, and if the whole fandom says that Taichi is the one who had the best development in Chihayafuru, I strongly disagree and I find Hanano's growth & efforts more heartwarming and beautiful (I can't help but even compare her with Taichi and she still is doing way better in my eyes)

@Avish:
    Glad you "understood" my long post because I usually suck at explaining myself ^^"
    And I like the fact that it made you reflect on your own self (this is something I do almost every two seconds in my life) so hopefully it's a positive thing for you...
    Relating to Taichi and being ISFP, hmmmm I want to read more about ISFPs because this sounds interesting and you are the first like this xD
    [Such is the overwhelming presence of the 'Chihayaburu'...]
    Well said (assuming that you mean Arata's presence and him inspiring you or taking your mind off of those negative points - if it's not what you meant please ignore the next few words lol) because I tend to forget and get more hopeful and concentrate more on him when he is there too, but I guess at the end when I go back to my real life, I go back to being like him and those stupid ideas keep partying in my unconsciousness *sighs*
    Anyway...
    You said you loved Arata's first match with Taichi? I was annoyed actually, Taichi is well known to mess people's confidence/minds, to throw them off somehow and it felt like he really succeeded at that time and seeing Arata lose to him (especially in the things that matter most to me like his peace with himself) is something I didn't like tbh.
    But as I said the resultts were satisfying so it's ok..
    for the repeated hammering of the same idea, I wonder if we would have felt like that if we read all the chapters at once, I think not? it's just that we are impatient and a whole month makes us think, expect and wish for more that we don't get haha.

@watanoharaya
    nice remark!
    I know that Chiha, Se, Tago no, and Shinoboredo are there
    Chiha is Chihaya,
    Se is meeting again thanks to karuta and tying back all kinds of bonds/relationships
    Tago no: is about Mount Fuji, aiming high, the lonely prodigies on the top, wanting to be friends with them, wanting to go there with Arata or wanting to compete with Arata to arrive to where Shinobu chan is first instead?
    And Shinoburedo is about Shinobu chan I guess? and a bit of Taichi when he is around?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» G.A.L.L.E.R.Y ใ‚ท ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MashimaTaichi_ - Aug 1, 2020

221 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » One Mashima Taichi โ˜พ, FANS ๐Ÿ‘ฅ & ARATA ๐Ÿ‘“

MashimaTaichi_ - Apr 24, 2020

34 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:44 AM

» ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐”๐ฉ, ๐‚๐ก๐ข๐ก๐š๐ฒ๐š๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฎ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MashimaTaichi_ - Jul 12, 2019

263 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 27, 2022 10:13 AM

» โ†ณ Data & Analysis โœ

MashimaTaichi_ - May 23, 2020

38 by KiraraChin »»
Jul 18, 2022 11:29 PM

» โ™ก Head-canons โ™ก Fan-Comics โ™ก Fan-fics โ™ก

iNameless_ - Mar 13, 2021

18 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.