Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

For those of you who've watched Goblin Slayer, why did you continue it? Furthermore, what is your opinion on the use of violent/obscene scenes for shock factor?

Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2020 8:43 AM

Jun 2020
I liked Goblin Slayer. I'm not unaccustomed to such scenes in other forms of media, personally found most of Goblin Slayer pretty mild in terms of violence.
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 11, 2020 11:03 AM

Mar 2020
It was surprising but it didnt bother me that much. The idea that the goblins who are usually killed in one shot in other animes being the main villains intrigued me! Sadly, the anime had so much wasted potential and it became almost a harem anime near the end
Sep 11, 2020 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
I continued it cuz the girl getting raped and the other girl pissing herself turned me the fuck on

Oct 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Jul 2013
This series is very close to western grimdark fantasy if you have ever read one. From the main character wherein despite playing things smart and preparing thoroughly (unlike protagonists in most fantasy anime who grows by learning some insane power move/friendship/sudden realization to win) still gets hurt pretty badly, to a naïve side-kick who later realizes how unforgiving the world is. It's a dark world where you feel like anyone from the main cast can die anytime. Not to mention rape is also a very common theme in many western grimdark fantasy books.
justinian_1Oct 19, 2020 5:25 AM
Jan 13, 6:00 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to shintai88
I love the concept.
Goblins the weak monsters in video games, are actually the most dangerous of them all.

The Rape scenes make senses, since in this world there are no female goblins only male. and they mate with the females of other species to increase their populations.

The violence was adequete, and I could feel the horror of being caught in a goblin ambush.

The first episode was very tamed compared to the actual manga. There was no full on Nuditiy (No Nipples shown) So it tells you that the animators did not want the rape to be seen as erotic. I mean if you found it erotic then that is your own issue.

The point is at the end of the day, a good goblins is a dead goblin.
And underestimating them can be fatal.

Still a good show.

In terms of Violence and Rape I would say Berserk is still edgier and better done.
@shintai88

Why does showing nipples have to be seen as erotic? Berserk shows nipples and even more, and obviously that's not meant to be erotic.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Weird sound

z0idberger - Jun 4

12 by Monkadude15 »»
Jun 5, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.