Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 11, 2018 6:07 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I recently re-watched Attack on Titan in preparation for season 3, but that's the only scenario where I would re-watch an anime, for the most part.

Side note, adding re-watched anime to your list is lame.
Aug 11, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2014
I don't really re-watch many series. But for some reason there are some that just have incredible re-watchability to me. Like, most of them aren't even that highly rated on my list. s.CRY.ed, Mahouka, Gundam SEED, and Oregairu I've all rewatched at least 3 times and I have no idea why.
Aug 11, 2018 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
If you remember few things about the anime or did not understand it worth watching again.
Aug 11, 2018 7:01 PM

Jul 2017
If you can't remember certain things about the series or that you didn't understand the context well.
Aug 12, 2018 4:59 AM
Oct 2016
Eight-Man said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

you're the 12 here for re-watching the same plot over and over again and still gets excited by it xD

XD Nice English bro. Sorry you're watching things that you don't even enjoy; it's a waste of time. Maybe go back to school?

when people talk about your grammar, that's when you know they've lost the argument :) and anyways where did my english go wrong? and the heck does my english have to do with the discussion? ^^ like your english is perfect? :)
Aug 12, 2018 5:28 AM

Feb 2018
It genuinely and honestly feels like the OP doesn't want answers, instead, wants to provoke a shitton of people with this lame ass question. What a shame.

How do you feel about your favorite food I wonder. Let's simply put it at that. It's gonna taste the same, so why eat it?
RedDesireAug 12, 2018 5:33 AM
Aug 12, 2018 5:50 AM
Oct 2016
RedDesire said:
It genuinely and honestly feels like the OP doesn't want answers, instead, wants to provoke a shitton of people with this lame ass question. What a shame.

How do you feel about your favorite food I wonder. Let's simply put it at that. It's gonna taste the same, so why eat it?

If you got provoked, it's your problem. Why compare anime to food? are you using your brain? it's like saying you're good at computer games so you must be good at basketball too.
Aug 12, 2018 5:50 AM

Jun 2016
And I personally don't understand people who have a mindset like you. : ') But anyway, a lot of people watch anime because they enjoy it, it makes them happy. It's nice to go back to one of your favorite anime and re-watch the whole show or just a few episodes. It can be nostalgic to when you first watched it or can remind you how much you enjoyed the series. When you enjoy any kind of thing - either a book, movie, video game or series, you might want to re-read, re-play it or re-watch it again because you like it so much.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 12, 2018 5:53 AM
Oct 2016
Yaboku said:
And I personally don't understand people who have a mindset like you. : ') But anyway, a lot of people watch anime because they enjoy it, it makes them happy. It's nice to go back to one of your favorite anime and re-watch the whole show or just a few episodes. It can be nostalgic to when you first watched it or can remind you how much you enjoyed the series. When you enjoy any kind of thing - either a book, movie, video game or series, you might want to re-read, re-play it or re-watch it again because you like it so much.

re-playing a game is a thousand times different than re-watching an anime. In a game you can alter your moves and farm for different stuff. As to re-watching an anime, you can't do anything but watch the same thing.
Aug 12, 2018 5:56 AM

Jun 2016
Excaliburrrrr said:
Yaboku said:

re-playing a game is a thousand times different than re-watching an anime. In a game you can alter your moves and farm for different stuff. As to re-watching an anime, you can't do anything but watch the same thing.

True, but that doesn't stop the enjoyment of watching the anime.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 12, 2018 5:58 AM
Oct 2016
Yaboku said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

True, but that doesn't stop the enjoyment of watching the anime.

unfortunately it does for me. Depends upon the person, I guess.
Aug 12, 2018 7:17 AM

Feb 2018
Literally the first three words came out of me were oh, my, and God. Well, it's not really the first time I met people who opens up a discussion, infuriate people, closes their minds to explanations, and denies answers. Not to mention that he/she asks them to use their brains.. Life sure is seriously hard.

I guess analogy doesn't work for you. Alright suit yourself. I already gave my answers. Hope you re-read them :')
Aug 12, 2018 7:21 AM
Oct 2017
I only rewatch comedy shows because they could laugh your ass of every minute . I don't re-watch any other shows . Except if there is an upcoming season and I forget the show . It makes it better to understand .
Aug 12, 2018 7:23 AM

Feb 2016
I usually enjoy even more the animes I re-watch, and that's 'cuz I only watch/re-watch good stuff ;v
Aug 12, 2018 7:28 AM

Jan 2018
Sometimes I didn't understand the anime... or it has been long enough since i first watched it for me to enjoy re watching it again.
Aug 12, 2018 7:43 AM

Jan 2014
Excaliburrrrr said:
Eight-Man said:

XD Nice English bro. Sorry you're watching things that you don't even enjoy; it's a waste of time. Maybe go back to school?

when people talk about your grammar, that's when you know they've lost the argument :) and anyways where did my english go wrong? and the heck does my english have to do with the discussion? ^^ like your english is perfect? :)

If you really want to know:
You're the one that's 12 here(✓) for rewatching(no line in between, or if you want to be more correct you'd say "for watching the same plot again and again") and still get(✓) excited by it.

That's your first reply.

Your second reply:
First let me dispute your claim of an argument when there never was one.

Now on to the mistakes:
Capital letters When
After a question mark, the first word starts with a capital letter.
"and What(✓) the heck does my english have to do with the discussion"

The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 12, 2018 7:50 AM
Aug 2014
I've been planning to rewatch Houseki no Kuni and Tsurezure Children ever since I watched them the first time. Discovering what is going to happen is only a small part of them.
Aug 12, 2018 8:06 AM
Oct 2016
AstZero said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

You're the one that's 12 here(✓) for rewatching(no line in between, or if you want to be more correct you'd say "for watching the same plot again and again") and still get(✓) excited by it.

That's your first reply.

Your second reply:

Now on to the mistakes:
Capital letters When

yeah and also I'd like you to get a life. If you could do that, it'd do me a huge favor. Thank you ^_^
Aug 12, 2018 8:13 AM
Oct 2016
RedDesire said:
Literally the first three words came out of me were oh, my, and God. Well, it's not really the first time I met people who opens up a discussion, infuriate people, closes their minds to explanations, and denies answers. Not to mention that he/she asks them to use their brains.. Life sure is seriously hard.

I guess analogy doesn't work for you. Alright suit yourself. I already gave my answers. Hope you re-read them :')

when I say use your brain, cuz you people keep comparing anime to other things which relates nothing to anime like " it's just like eating the same food" why the fvck are you talking about food? listening to the same music? the heck did you guys smoke, is the real question.
and all your explanations...don't even wanna bother comprehending them, they're all the same non sense explanations "Anime is so good it makes me happy re-watching them blah blah blah". It's good at first, it's not good if you're gonna watch the same 24 episodes just becuz it was good at first. Now try comparing it to other things again, I swear to God. HAHAHAH
Aug 12, 2018 8:21 AM

Feb 2018
May the world and it's unending threads of fate be nice to you, o misguided soul. I pray this to the highest of highest Being out there.

We should have a mandatory IQ test here at MAL, ffs.
Aug 12, 2018 8:22 AM
Oct 2016
RedDesire said:
May the world and it's unending threads of fate be nice to you, o misguided soul. I pray this to the highest of highest Being out there.

we were talking about anime and here you are praying. Please do get some help.
Aug 12, 2018 8:26 AM

Aug 2016
Sometimes I like to rewatch/replay some stuff years after I originally finished them to see if they still hold up. There are some anime that I originally thought very little of, but nowadays I appreciate them a lot more after rewatching.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 12, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2014
Excaliburrrrr said:
AstZero said:

That's your first reply.

Your second reply:

Now on to the mistakes:
Capital letters When

yeah and also I'd like you to get a life. If you could do that, it'd do me a huge favor. Thank you ^_^

Says the dude spending time insulting people on a MAL thread.
Yeah, buddy, try again.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 12, 2018 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
RedDesire said:

How do you report a thread again?
I think this has gone on long enough.
Aug 12, 2018 9:18 AM

Jan 2016
Re-watching One Piece not as boring as you think.
Aug 12, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2016
Detective1412 said:
Re-watching One Piece not as boring as you think.

Nuff said.

You're my man ❤❤❤❤

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 12, 2018 9:45 AM

Jan 2017
I was definetly thinking of stating some legit reasons for rewatching an anime though i myself have not rewatched much series, but then i read this-

Excaliburrrrr said:

you're the 12 here for re-watching the same plot over and over again and still gets excited by it xD

Nope, nothing to comment here. My bad.
Aug 12, 2018 10:03 AM
Oct 2016
AstZero said:
RedDesire said:

insulting? you people are the ones getting aggressive lol for me asking something :)
ExcaliburrrrrAug 12, 2018 10:19 AM
Aug 12, 2018 10:07 AM

Feb 2018
silent_knight98 said:
I was definetly thinking of stating some legit reasons for rewatching an anime though i myself have not rewatched much series, but then i read this-

Excaliburrrrr said:

Nope, nothing to comment here. My bad.

I did as well. It was really my legitimately stupid mistake to give my thoughts on it. It's like a handful of nope was presented in front of me, yet I still took the bait. How unfortunate.

AstZero said:

Nah I wouldn't go that far. It ain't worth the time, right :') we all cool.
Aug 12, 2018 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
Excaliburrrrr said:
AstZero said:

insulting? you people are the ones getting aggressive lol for me asking something.

You're the one who started that thread by implying anyone who rewatches anime is a moron and that you're better than them. Obviously it's not going to turn well.

OT: I'd agree with the user who said get better favs. I'd die if I had to rewatch Kimi no na wa or that Steins;Gate movie.
Aug 12, 2018 10:21 AM
Oct 2016
Clebardman said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

insulting? you people are the ones getting aggressive lol for me asking something.

You're the one who started that thread by implying anyone who rewatches anime is a moron and that you're better than them. Obviously it's not going to turn well.

OT: I'd agree with the user who said get better favs. I'd die if I had to rewatch Kimi no na wa or that Steins;Gate movie.

read above, I said if you got provoked it's your problem. I never said anything and I certainly didn't call names. Now, if you got insulted by this which is a very small problem..that's not my effin prob really :) . It just shows that you don't have better things to do other than get toxic and mad just cuz I don't agree with you.
Aug 12, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Excaliburrrrr said:
Clebardman said:

read above, I said if you got provoked it's your problem. I never said anything and I certainly didn't call names. Now, if you got insulted by this which is a very small problem..that's not my effin prob really :) . It just shows that you don't have better things to do other than get toxic and mad just cuz I don't agree with you.

The irony there is in you telling others they're toxic and should get a life when you took the time to make and feed a thread to trash on others' activities isn't lost on me. Maybe it is on you tho, you don't seem very self-aware (^:
Aug 12, 2018 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
Excaliburrrrr said:
AstZero said:

insulting? you people are the ones getting aggressive lol for me asking something :)

Oh, you're delusional as well.
Too bad.
Aug 12, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2014
Watching an anime you've watched 5 years ago is pretty fun, you're most likely to forget most of it so it feels like a new anime ^^
Aug 12, 2018 11:38 AM
Oct 2016
Clebardman said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

The irony there is in you telling others they're toxic and should get a life when you took the time to make and feed a thread to trash on others' activities isn't lost on me. Maybe it is on you tho, you don't seem very self-aware (^:

took the time? how bout that guy correcting my grammar word per word hahahahahahahahahahahahahah demn boi making me laugh all the way HAHAHAHA
Aug 12, 2018 11:42 AM

Jul 2017
There are some people who have rewatched SAO like 20 times. No, I’m not kidding.
Aug 12, 2018 11:47 AM
Oct 2016
Clebardman said:
Excaliburrrrr said:

ohh and btw other people seem to explain neat and fine (altho it still doesn't make sense ^^). No need to call me a 12 year old and start calling out my grammar, which clearly means they're pissed. And so are you, you're pretty pissed as well :)
Aug 12, 2018 11:56 AM
Oct 2016
Dagger said:
I don't think you have the right to decide what is boring and what isn't based only on how you think,that's too arrogant.
And yep I rewatched Cross Game lately and it was good.
Nostaligia,enjoyement,getting a better understanding of a series,giving something another chance,seeing how your taste changes as time go on or just reexperiencing the unrivaled greatness of certains shows(Kaguya and hxh for instance) etc all of those are valid reasons.

I never said you guys find it boring, FOR ME IT IS BORING. That's why I'm asking why do you guys re-watch animes you've already seen when it's boring to do so (for me). Just explain your side, no need to start something.
Aug 12, 2018 11:57 AM

Sep 2014
The anime that became my favourites, I enjoyed even more re watching them.

Its stupid to think the show lost all value when you know what is going to happen. If the show is really good and connected to you, there will alwasys something to appreciate in it, and rewatching maybe only will enhance the experience
Smoke Weed Everyday
Aug 12, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2014
The anime that became my favourites, I enjoyed even more re watching them.

Its stupid to think the show lost all value when you know what is going to happen. If the show is really good and connected to you, there will alwasys something to appreciate in it, and rewatching maybe only will enhance the experience
Smoke Weed Everyday
Aug 12, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
I explained myself pretty fine already but I'll go into more details since you ask.

Some anime are worth rewatching more than others. Because there are other aspects to them than their plots. "Plot" is the easiest thing to come with and that's why stuff like GoT exists. Coherent themes, good animation, or interesting design/graphical/directing choices are much rarer.

If I just wanted "plot" (in the sense of "stuff happens then characters do x then something else happens then Jessica tells Brandon she loves him but can't because she's with Brian"), I'd watch mexican soaps or 500+ eps battle shonens.
But I don't particularly want plot. I more often think "hey I want awesome animated dogfights with post-vietnam military planes and a good balance of drama and merciless killings". And the only show that delivers that is Area 88 OVA, so I rewatch Area 88 OVA. This OVA is worth rewatching more than the 2004 TV show because it's the best at what it does. Now if you only want "plot", you should probably go for the TV show, because it's longer and offers a bigger quantity of "plot". It won't be worth rewatching tho (because it sucks).
DeathkoAug 12, 2018 12:08 PM
Aug 12, 2018 12:11 PM

Apr 2018
I enjoy re-watching and re-reading. It's more because to understand what I read/watched better. And it's not only about anime/manga, it's including academic writing, novels and movies.
Aug 12, 2018 12:34 PM
Oct 2016
Clebardman said:
I explained myself pretty fine already but I'll go into more details since you ask.

Some anime are worth rewatching more than others. Because there are other aspects to them than their plots. "Plot" is the easiest thing to come with and that's why stuff like GoT exists. Coherent themes, good animation, or interesting design/graphical/directing choices are much rarer.

If I just wanted "plot" (in the sense of "stuff happens then characters do x then something else happens then Jessica tells Brandon she loves him but can't because she's with Brian"), I'd watch mexican soaps or 500+ eps battle shonens.
But I don't particularly want plot. I more often think "hey I want awesome animated dogfights with post-vietnam military planes and a good balance of drama and merciless killings". And the only show that delivers that is Area 88 OVA, so I rewatch Area 88 OVA. This OVA is worth rewatching more than the 2004 TV show because it's the best at what it does. Now if you only want "plot", you should probably go for the TV show, because it's longer and offers a bigger quantity of "plot". It won't be worth rewatching tho (because it sucks).

re-watching a movie hmm yeah it's reasonable, although I mostly skip the boring parts cuz I already know what's gonna happen there so why do I have to go through those, I basically just watch the good parts really. As for TV shows, I only re-watched boku no hero for the sake of my older brother who haven't watched it yet at that time, he wanted company so...

Cuz everytime I try to do a full re-run of an anime "Danmachi" for example, I just find the talking/ discussion moments very boring cuz you already know what they're talking about, so I just tend to skip over them and just end up re-watching the good parts.
Aug 13, 2018 12:59 AM

Mar 2018
AstZero said:
Why the fuck do people ask this stupidass question so many times when the answer couldn't be more fucking obvious?

And how come some people cannot post a comment in a sensible manner without cursing.
Aug 13, 2018 1:13 AM

Jan 2016
Sometimes it's just good to revisit an anime. That's it. As someone who rewatches all the time, that's the only reason I ever need.
Aug 13, 2018 5:13 AM

Jan 2014
huntress1013 said:
AstZero said:
Why the fuck do people ask this stupidass question so many times when the answer couldn't be more fucking obvious?

And how come some people cannot post a comment in a sensible manner without cursing.

And how come some people can't use their brain a little before asking questions they can easily figure out themselves.
I guess people that don't use their brain tick me off sometimes, there's your answer.
Aug 13, 2018 8:13 AM

Dec 2015
Because it's been a long time since you've watched it and don't know the details of it anymore? That's the reason I watched Clannad and K-On! a while ago. For K-On! it definitely was a good idea because I noticed I had never actually watched the second season and I wanted to watch the movie.

Because you need to watch the anime in question a couple of times to get it. Some anime are very complex and/or experimental so you won't get everything the first time you watch it. I know I needed to watch Me!Me!Me! three times before I had a valid interpretation of what it was meant to be and I don't think I really get Boogiepop Phantom or Baccano either despite liking them. A second watching will probably be needed when I finish those series.
Aug 13, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2017
i like rewatching some of my favorites,mostly just to remember how i felt watching it for the first time. i can't fully explain it, but whatever xd
Aug 13, 2018 11:01 AM

Mar 2017
I use a solid anime series as background noise on my phone or tablet when doing chores, on the internet, or on Xbox
Aug 14, 2018 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
It depends on people, some can (like myself) and some can't (like my dad, unless he totally forgets what it's about).

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 3 )

Deathlydash - Sep 19

118 by ColourWheel »»
15 minutes ago

» Why doesn't Hollywood take risk anymore unlike the anime industry?

Spunkert - Yesterday

45 by Archean-Return »»
23 minutes ago

» How generous are you with your 10s ( 1 2 3 4 )

n6ah - Apr 22, 2021

196 by Archean-Return »»
38 minutes ago

» What makes a waifu waifu?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

6 by Little_Sheepling »»
41 minutes ago

» Are there any cute boys doing cute things anime?

Mattenan - 2 hours ago

6 by RainyEvenings »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.