Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 17, 2008 4:19 PM

Feb 2008
Post what you think was the worst Opening or Ending you ever saw.

I say the worst is Ghost Hunt's opening. It didn't have vocals in the song AND it didn't have any characters in the video :/

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2008 5:23 PM

Oct 2007
The fourth opening for Bleach was horrible; it proves that the Japanese shouldn't even try to speak English.
Feb 17, 2008 5:26 PM

Dec 2007
Amex_Yohko said:
First Naruto opening. It sounds like an old man try to be a rock star.

the animation was kinda stupid too. LOL BEAT UP RANDOM FAT PPL

I never cared for Akagi's OP or ED songs. Or Death Note's OP2. Yeah, I don't like MAXIMUM THE HORMONE.

Ayakashi's ED is boring.
Feb 17, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
llxwarbirdxll said:
The fourth opening for Bleach was horrible; it proves that the Japanese shouldn't even try to speak English.

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight was awesome, and most songs that the Beat Crusaders sing are awesome.

Feb 17, 2008 5:44 PM

Feb 2008
I don't usually have a problem with most openings and endings but the second Death Note opening I didn't like at all.
Feb 17, 2008 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
the new shakugan no shana opening .... it's just bad.
Feb 17, 2008 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
amcsi said:

I say the worst is Ghost Hunt's opening. It didn't have vocals in the song AND it didn't have any characters in the video :/

What's wrong with no lyrics? The OP and ED of Ghost Hunt were both very fitting to the mood of the show (more than can be said for a lot of OPs/EDs) and were gorgeous pieces of music. I just wish Toshio did long versions of them... but I guess there's no point when they're not real songs, just more to fit on to the OST. ^^;
Feb 17, 2008 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
Asako said:
amcsi said:

What's wrong with no lyrics? The OP and ED of Ghost Hunt were both very fitting to the mood of the show (more than can be said for a lot of OPs/EDs) and were gorgeous pieces of music. I just wish Toshio did long versions of them... but I guess there's no point when they're not real songs, just more to fit on to the OST. ^^;

I agree, those are really nice songs, complementing the theme of Ghost Hunt quite well.

Hmm...as for bad OPs and EDs, not many come to mind, but one that I thought was weird is NieA_7's OP.
Feb 17, 2008 6:21 PM

Feb 2008
Asako said:

Not having vocals isn't a problem, but I think Ghost Hunt's opening instrumental sounded bad. Listening to it didn't remind me that I am warmed up to see an episode of Ghost Hunt, but made me w00t for it to be over.

It's just my opinion.

Feb 17, 2008 7:11 PM

Jun 2007
Eh, I loved the Ghost Hunt OP -- I thought it really set the mood for the show. :D But I CAN see why it would be boring; it took me a few episodes to love it.

Worst OP and ED for me would from Love Hina. Gah. I hated both. :/

The Zombie-Loan OP was absolutely horrid as well. That guy's voice... *shudders*
Feb 17, 2008 7:12 PM

Jul 2007
The Spiral OP was so bad I refused to watch the series itself. I closed the window, deleted everything.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 17, 2008 7:19 PM

Sep 2007
Zombie-Loan OP and Spiral OP are pretty bad. And as for Ghost Hunt's OP, I thought it was fitting for the show.
Feb 17, 2008 7:20 PM

Dec 2007
No offense to anyone but.. i thought most if not all of the Naruto OPs were bad.
Feb 17, 2008 7:33 PM
Aug 2007
G-On Riders. I think it's one of the very rare cases where I actually skipped the OP and ED because it was so bad. Oh, and I hated the Minami-ke OP too.
Feb 17, 2008 7:36 PM

Oct 2007
Ria said:
Worst OP and ED for me would from Love Hina. Gah. I hated both. :/

ahhh. really? well i guess i'm a huge megumi hayashibara fan so i loved the songs XD;; (hated the anime though)

full moon wo sagashite. for sucha good show with such good music the opening is so bad. its a bad song, which doesnt even fit the show... and the animation was so typical and .... just boring
kamichama karin. the song is just painful and so is the animation sequence.
Aishiteruze Baby the song is good, but the animation seems more appropriate for an ending rather than an opening.

I also didnt like the opening for elfen lied.
Feb 17, 2008 8:13 PM

Feb 2008
Seems as though I'm the only one who liked the Spiral OP. The girl singing sounds cute :D

Feb 17, 2008 8:19 PM

Feb 2007
I usually don't like most of the Bleach ED's, and the Zombie Loan OP was pretty painful. And what's with the dislike for Maximum the Hormone? Some of you don't know how to RAWK OUT. xD
Feb 17, 2008 8:22 PM

Jun 2007
Splitter said:
The Spiral OP was so bad I refused to watch the series itself. I closed the window, deleted everything.

The OP was pretty bad, but... wah. That makes me sad. D:
Feb 18, 2008 12:01 AM

Jul 2007
Ria said:
Splitter said:

The OP was pretty bad, but... wah. That makes me sad. D:

Well, that was three years ago, so maybe it deserves a second chance... just have to bypass the OP everytime...

I checked out Zombie Loan's OP as well... it was really good until the singing started, then I started crying.
Feb 18, 2008 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't this one was bad, per se, but the openning for Karin made it look like a hentai anime. Yea, the anime was somewhat ecchi, but it made it look like the series was all about fanservice.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Feb 18, 2008 1:12 AM

Jul 2007
amcsi said:
Seems as though I'm the only one who liked the Spiral OP. The girl singing sounds cute :D

I liked it....

Don't think I hate any OP/ED, really. Usually the ones I don't like/skip I'm generally apathetic about. Unless I'm repressing the horror and revulsion... :P

Given that the first Naruto opening is the only one to never grow on me, it might get my vote. Just yuck. Zombie-Loan's was pretty bad, too.

And "Fruits Candy" (Cardcaptor Sakura's 3rd ED) always irritated me. I don't know if it's the worst, though...
Feb 18, 2008 1:30 AM

Jan 2008
Descendants of Darkness.Didn't know that this anime is shonen-ai at first. Anyway, I got my first watch of shonen-ai and wouldn't repeat.

Feb 18, 2008 1:34 AM

Mar 2007
Yeah... the Zombie Loan OP...ugh...sorta hurt my ears...I still don't know if that guy was "actually" singing....or...maybe had a throat infection... =_="
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Feb 18, 2008 2:36 AM

Jun 2007
I don't remember what ED number it was but "Happy people" from bleach. (I think that's what the ED is called)
Feb 18, 2008 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Surprised that no one has mentioned Tokko's OP yet. The music is garbage, but that's not what makes it so utterly ridiculous. You've got this incredibly gory, dark anime stuffed with demons and whatnot. After the introduction to the series before the OP in episode one, your mind is more or less filled with blood and half-naked sword-wielding girls. Then, suddenly: "SHINY DA-AY, SHINY DA-AY". What the heck is up with that?
Feb 18, 2008 5:26 AM

Apr 2007
I cannot stand the OP to Yami no Matsuei. At one point, I think I muted it and just watched the pretty animation. Also, The second OP to Code Geass made me stare at my screen for some time till I started accepting the fact that they trashered COLORS for that... crap.

As for ED... The ED to Pumpkin Scissors was very "WTH?". I can't remember any other at the moment.
MaxwellLilyFeb 18, 2008 5:30 AM
Feb 18, 2008 5:30 AM

Dec 2007
The opening for Beating Angel Dokuro-chan is just terrible.
Feb 18, 2008 6:20 AM

Feb 2008
The ending to spice and wolf makes me feel ill
Feb 18, 2008 6:26 AM

Jul 2007
Popotan OP. The beginning of the song was pretty cute but then the verses and chorus spoiled it. =(

Zombie-Loan OP. Nice starting, ugly vocals.

Death Note OP. Wow, just doesn't fit the show. :/

Shuffle! OP. It's a really great song! But it doesn't seem to fit the animation sequence.

Feb 18, 2008 6:55 AM
Dec 2007
The Urusei Yatsura opening was the worst! I can't believe I endured it!
Feb 18, 2008 11:23 AM
Feb 2008
It seems that I'm another of the minority that likes the OP of Spiral xDD I think that the girls has a really good voice, too ^^U

hmm..I didn't like the ED of Paradise Kiss... that band... Franz Ferdinand? I prefer anime's themes by Japanese/asian bands :)
Feb 18, 2008 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
Marraques said:
I don't remember what ED number it was but "Happy people" from bleach. (I think that's what the ED is called)

Yea, that's the song. I liked that one, though all the Bleach ones before that were really good, so it did look bad by comparison.
D&D Club

Feb 18, 2008 11:54 AM
Aug 2007
Some of the Naruto OPs can be grating at times, although which ones I can't recall :/
Feb 18, 2008 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl US op
Feb 18, 2008 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
A lot of the Bleach ones
Feb 18, 2008 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
the_seventh_l said:
Some of the Naruto OPs can be grating at times, although which ones I can't recall :/

I find the sheer number of them to be annoying. I think the very first one lasted for a good 20 or so episodes, while later they started having a new one every 5-10 episodes. Ridiculous.

sonicspin said:
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl US op

Most US opennings are terrible. One Piece, DBGT, almost all the Pokemon ones, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and GX...I could go on all day. Funimation did some good ones, but that was it, and only because they just adapted the originals.
D&D Club

Feb 18, 2008 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
Funny, because my friend recently told me that he wanted to start Bleach, but the opening song on the first episode scared him so much that he hid himself from the series.

I, on the other hand, vote for the last OP on the subbed Naruto. It may not be the worst, but it's probably the one that got on my nerves the most.

Feb 18, 2008 12:31 PM

Feb 2008
It seems I'm also the only one who like's Bleach's 1st opening (which I think is better than the 2nd and 3rd)
And Naruto's 1st OP was OK

Feb 18, 2008 1:08 PM

Jan 2008
amcsi said:
It seems I'm also the only one who like's Bleach's 1st opening

I actually liked the first openning. Either way, it seems stupid to me to not watch a series because the openning is bad. It only lasts for one minute, and you can easily skip it.

By the way, Tite Kubo also said that he loved the first openning.
D&D Club

Feb 18, 2008 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
Seems I'm in the minority of those who like all Bleach's songs xD... Specially Asterisk (1st opening, Orange Range FTW) and Tonight, tonight, tonight (4th opening, Beat Crusaders <3)

I don't really like Lain's ending, neither the video nor the song o-o.
Feb 18, 2008 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
I love the manga for kamichama karin but that opening theme was too hard to watch.

Spiral also had HORRID themes as well.
Feb 18, 2008 1:52 PM

Dec 2007
Minto said:
Seems I'm in the minority of those who like all Bleach's songs xD... Specially Asterisk (1st opening, Orange Range FTW) and Tonight, tonight, tonight (4th opening, Beat Crusaders <3)

Bleach songs are awesome. I mean, "*~asterisk~" is the s*it, man. Orange Range FTW.

Worst opening: A toss-up between Naruto: Shippuuden OP2 ("Distance") and Blood+ OP4 ("Raion"). The artists don't need to be shot, it's the people who told the artists they could sing.

Worst ending: None come to mind right now, but I'll think of something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2008 9:56 PM

May 2007
Death Note's second OP and ED for me. I got used to them after a couple episodes, but...blaaah. Not a Maximum the Hormone fan. Zombie-Loan's OP is one of my most hated as well.

❝goodbyes are always hard, no matter how you might try to make them easier.❞

Feb 18, 2008 10:18 PM

Jul 2007
G Gundam's opening. It made me feel embarrassed that I watched the show.
Feb 18, 2008 10:19 PM

Oct 2007
Minto said:
Asterisk (1st opening, Orange Range FTW) .

i actually had no idea that was a bleach OP... but orange range ftw <3 =) they're awesome.
Feb 18, 2008 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
Any post-Rozen Maiden Ali Project ani-song. Actually the only particularly good OP they've done is for Noir. Shame really.
Feb 18, 2008 10:31 PM

Jun 2007
ichikiba said:
Most US openings are terrible. One Piece.

I actually really like the dubbed OP of One Piece. I wonder if there ever will be a full version of that song.
Feb 18, 2008 10:39 PM

Jan 2008
Marraques said:
ichikiba said:
Most US openings are terrible. One Piece.

I actually really like the dubbed OP of One Piece. I wonder if there ever will be a full version of that song.

I was talking about the one from 4Kids. I want to make sure you and everyone else understands that. Funimation version was great. In fact, I hope they make English versions of the CDs that have the voice actors singing. If the English voice actors can sing, anyway. But that's off-topic. Sorry.
D&D Club

Feb 18, 2008 11:20 PM
Feb 2008
Gayo gayoooooo~
Feb 18, 2008 11:24 PM

Jul 2007
ichikiba said:
If the English voice actors can sing, anyway.

BECK. Watch it now.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you dislike low-resolution anime shows? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Sep 22

91 by zombie_pegasus »»
44 seconds ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Yesterday

66 by Quadruple_Oi »»
5 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you

Kirika_Madeleine - Today

35 by Yuno »»
8 minutes ago

» Does anybody else not read manga because they don't know Japanese?

ForgotEyeWasHere - 11 hours ago

47 by Anjuro »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you think secondary rival is more interesting than main rival?

m_alhafidz - Sep 20

10 by Sheol01 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.