Forum Settings
Forums

Why do members of the Gintama community over inflate Gintama's MAL scores?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 16, 2018 12:41 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
I didn't want to get into the SAO thing in a Gintama thread because SAO literally was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to see how I could find an anime that was the most self-inserting anime in decades to be enjoyable.

And for all the wrong reasons. Kirito as a protagonist had everything that I disliked in a protagonist. The same reason why I couldn't bring myself to finish Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei which I placed on hold for indefinite amount of days now. Will I ever get back to that anime as well? I dunno. Maybe it will eventually go to my ever growing list of dropped anime. But let's not go to Mahouka Koukou.

I have noticed that majority of the SAO diehard fans are either really new to anime or haven't explored all the genres in anime. I am sure if SAO was one of first 10-20 anime, I would ogle all over it. But unfortunately for me, I had seen my fair share of anime so I could neither objectively nor subjectively rate it any higher than I did.

Even though I found the characters, which are the most importing thing for me in anime, are trashy, especially Kirito and his harem (mind it they fall head over heels for him for apparent no reason whatsoever), and killing off the only character I found admirable in the beginning, who was initially shown as a strong-willed girl and worthy of my interest a.k.a Asuna to a damsel in distress, trashy waifu of a shallow of a character like Kirito was enough to give the anime a 1/10 for having wasted so much of my time on it, yet I gave the anime a 4/10 because despite everything that is said, I couldn't ignore the initial promise it showed, the clean art, excellent background images and original soundtrack and such which at least warranted "something" for it.

You can only give an anime a 1/10 if it's say for example something like Mars of Destruction or something.

I cannot even bring myself to understand how some people are justifying that Saiki S2 (an anime I've never seen), Violet Evergarden (an anime I really liked just on episode 1 alone), Darling in the FranXX (an anime I thought was average at best) or Nanatsu no Taizai S2 (an anime I eventually plan to see) getting barrages of 1/10s and they deserve those scores to "balance out" the 10/10s. Like the F*CK?!

Gintama will remain one of my best decisions as an anime fan. And I thank the MAL community as a whole to make me experience it. If it never got that high score, I would probably not have seen it ever, having not so pleasant experience with Bleach as a long running shounen in the past. I lost interest in Shingeki no Kyojin midway the second season. I lost interest in One Piece after watching more than 50 episodes. I don't see that happening with me for Gintama. If anything, I am more invested in it than any other anime. I am sure majority of the Gintama fans feel that way. I am sure majority of One Piece, Detective Conan or Fairy Tail anime share the same passion for these anime.

Anyone ever cared and stopped for a second to think why Bleach and Naruto, which form the Main Three with One Piece in the industry are never mentioned in 100 greatest anime of the century in polls conducted in Japan but Gintama is? Anyone stopped for a second and think why Sorachi is voted as Japan's most favourite mangaka? If this isn't enough, time to slash this thread.

"Anyone ever cared and stopped for a second to think why Bleach and Naruto, which form the Main Three with One Piece in the industry are never mentioned in 100 greatest anime of the century in polls conducted in Japan but Gintama is? Anyone stopped for a second and think why Sorachi is voted as Japan's most favourite mangaka? If this isn't enough, time to slash this thread."

The reason behind that is that Naruto and Bleach are over. Their serialization has ended and therefore they are no longer in contention. I don't know how much (or how little) you know about anime, but partially due to how much comes out and partially because of who actually votes in those polls you'd be unlikely to see Naruto or Bleach there on account of the aforementioned reasons. Comparing Eastern and Western taste is not fair and is not relevant as I was addressing this to MAL. Addtionally, if you did ask a Western audience, I'd say undoubtedly that Bleach and Naruto would rank higher than Gintama.
Jan 16, 2018 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
shanimebib said:
HotaruKara said:
For the anime community at large tho, Gintama is a good show while SAO is bad. That's all I'm going to say.

I didn't want to get into the SAO thing in a Gintama thread because SAO literally was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to see how I could find an anime that was the most self-inserting anime in decades to be enjoyable.

And for all the wrong reasons. Kirito as a protagonist had everything that I disliked in a protagonist. The same reason why I couldn't bring myself to finish Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei which I placed on hold for indefinite amount of days now. Will I ever get back to that anime as well? I dunno. Maybe it will eventually go to my ever growing list of dropped anime. But let's not go to Mahouka Koukou.

I have noticed that majority of the SAO diehard fans are either really new to anime or haven't explored all the genres in anime. I am sure if SAO was one of first 10-20 anime, I would ogle all over it. But unfortunately for me, I had seen my fair share of anime so I could neither objectively nor subjectively rate it any higher than I did.

Even though I found the characters, which are the most importing thing for me in anime, are trashy, especially Kirito and his harem (mind it they fall head over heels for him for apparent no reason whatsoever), and killing off the only character I found admirable in the beginning, who was initially shown as a strong-willed girl and worthy of my interest a.k.a Asuna to a damsel in distress, trashy waifu of a shallow of a character like Kirito was enough to give the anime a 1/10 for having wasted so much of my time on it, yet I gave the anime a 4/10 because despite everything that is said, I couldn't ignore the initial promise it showed, the clean art, excellent background images and original soundtrack and such which at least warranted "something" for it.

You can only give an anime a 1/10 if it's say for example something like Mars of Destruction or something.

I cannot even bring myself to understand how some people are justifying that Saiki S2 (an anime I've never seen), Violet Evergarden (an anime I really liked just on episode 1 alone), Darling in the FranXX (an anime I thought was average at best) or Nanatsu no Taizai S2 (an anime I eventually plan to see) getting barrages of 1/10s and they deserve those scores to "balance out" the 10/10s. Like the F*CK?!

Gintama will remain one of my best decisions as an anime fan. And I thank the MAL community as a whole to make me experience it. If it never got that high score, I would probably not have seen it ever, having not so pleasant experience with Bleach as a long running shounen in the past. I lost interest in Shingeki no Kyojin midway the second season. I lost interest in One Piece after watching more than 50 episodes. I don't see that happening with me for Gintama. If anything, I am more invested in it than any other anime. I am sure majority of the Gintama fans feel that way. I am sure majority of One Piece, Detective Conan or Fairy Tail anime share the same passion for these anime.

Anyone ever cared and stopped for a second to think why Bleach and Naruto, which form the Main Three with One Piece in the industry are never mentioned in 100 greatest anime of the century in polls conducted in Japan but Gintama is? Anyone stopped for a second and think why Sorachi is voted as Japan's most favourite mangaka? If this isn't enough, time to slash this thread.

Yeah it Just goes to show that MAL ranking scores are truly legit
Jan 16, 2018 12:43 PM
May 2017
kisb said:
spacebishijesus said:

you truly are the epitome of ignorance. People like you make me dislike Gintama, not the show. Perhaps if you and fellow fanboys weren't as toxic as you are your fanbase would have better rep and more people would watch your show.

Hating on stuff doesnt make you cool bro.

It just makes you grumpy Oscar the grouch
Going like ugghhh people love Christmas. look at everybody happy. i hate Christmas

I didn't ever say nor imply that hating is cool, nor am I hating to begin with.

I don't know if you're baiting or actually retarded but regardless your very presence is a detriment to this already cancerous thread.
Jan 16, 2018 12:44 PM
May 2017
kisb said:
shanimebib said:

Yeah it Just goes to show that MAL ranking scores are truly legit

Except popularity would be measured by member count, not scores...

And only the first and second season of Gintama have decent member counts/ Nor is MAL 100% representative.
Jan 16, 2018 12:47 PM

Nov 2016
spacebishijesus said:
kisb said:

Hating on stuff doesnt make you cool bro.

It just makes you grumpy Oscar the grouch
Going like ugghhh people love Christmas. look at everybody happy. i hate Christmas

I don't know if you're baiting or actually retarded but regardless your very presence is a detriment to this already cancerous thread.

OOOOh so you are not hating on it. it just felt like you were saying you hated a show because you felt like the fanbase was toxic
Must have misunderstood. My mistake. How retarded of me. Glad you dont hate the show
Jan 16, 2018 12:49 PM
May 2017
kisb said:
spacebishijesus said:

OOOOh so you are not hating on it. it just felt like you were saying you hated a show because you felt like the fanbase was toxic
Must have misunderstood. My mistake. How retarded of me. Glad you dont hate the show

lmao I said dislike. Hate is a strong word mate. And you're not exactly disproving my point about you being toxic are you?
Jan 16, 2018 12:56 PM

Nov 2016
spacebishijesus said:

Except popularity would be measured by member count, not scores...

And only the first and second season of Gintama have decent member counts/ Nor is MAL 100% representative.

Well i dont think there is any other way to understand popularity
A show is popular because people know about it. whether they like it or not does not matter

And i think the ranking scores are based on average rating relative to the number of people who watched it.
Like if you check the stats for Gintama season 4 you see that over 50% of people who have seen it gave it a 10/10 ... that puts it in the league with FMAB
I think that metric is representative enough I dont think i would do it any other way

When displaying the anime they usually show the score along with the number of members
Jan 16, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
spacebishijesus said:
kisb said:

lmao I said dislike. Hate is a strong word mate. And you're not exactly disproving my point about you being toxic are you?

You say the fanbase toxic but I have made sure to avoid mentioning Gintama so that i just leave it up to you to assume i like it or that am a fanboy or whatever
Jan 16, 2018 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
spacebishijesus said:

"Anyone ever cared and stopped for a second to think why Bleach and Naruto, which form the Main Three with One Piece in the industry are never mentioned in 100 greatest anime of the century in polls conducted in Japan but Gintama is? Anyone stopped for a second and think why Sorachi is voted as Japan's most favourite mangaka? If this isn't enough, time to slash this thread."

The reason behind that is that Naruto and Bleach are over. Their serialization has ended and therefore they are no longer in contention. I don't know how much (or how little) you know about anime, but partially due to how much comes out and partially because of who actually votes in those polls you'd be unlikely to see Naruto or Bleach there on account of the aforementioned reasons. Comparing Eastern and Western taste is not fair and is not relevant as I was addressing this to MAL. Addtionally, if you did ask a Western audience, I'd say undoubtedly that Bleach and Naruto would rank higher than Gintama.

Also, I know you'd take that so I left some titles out intentionally as Fullmetal Alchemist (an anime that ended) does appear in these polls, so does Hunter X Hunter. And many others. It has nothing to do with continuity. I was referring to the anime, mind it. As for the mangaka, the list had Oda (OP) in second, Toriyama (DB) at third, Arakawa (FMA) at fourth, Araki (JoJo) at fifth, Kishimoto (Naruto) at eight, Togashi (HXH) at eleventh etc.

In MAL itself good enough platform to show that Gintama would give those two anime a run for the money. Gintama has 32.5K in favourites compared to 32.4K for Naruto and 39.5K for bleach, when the number of viewers is significantly smaller compared to those two series even in MAL. That alone shows the Gintama has higher retention of fans and hence the what you say as INFLATED SCORES.

You are trying to grab straws here. This won't get you anywhere. Don't ever create a bullshit thread like this when you cannot defend your arguments and come with counter arguments without any basis when facts are stated.

You are now in my list of ignored users.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 16, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
Well Gintama isn't huge and a lot of us fell in love with the series since season 1 so ofc the fans who love it are gonna stick around and rate the new series high. People just mad their fav anime aren't in the top lul

Jan 16, 2018 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
shanimebib said:

I think this says it all, great comment. And yeah, this thread should be locked. Your two comments are the best ones on this thread and other than that, this thread was useless. And unfortunately a waste of my time.
I guess it was worth reading for your comments tho.
Jan 16, 2018 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
No worries. I just reported this thread to be locked seeing how the OP is hellbent to prove Gintama fans as toxic.
Coronavirus.
Jan 16, 2018 1:23 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
No worries. I just reported this thread to be locked seeing how the OP is hellbent to prove Gintama fans as toxic.

wow that's really salty. I'm allowed to express this opinion and explore this theme, because yes I do have an agenda and ideas that may differ from yours. Is that okay? Is this not PC enough for you? Is this insulting? To have a view that is not moderate or normal should be looked down on?

Pathetic. And hellbent isn't accurate either. I'm just exploring ideas and talking to people. I am not actually invested in this at all.
Jan 16, 2018 1:24 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

Also, I know you'd take that so I left some titles out intentionally as Fullmetal Alchemist (an anime that ended) does appear in these polls, so does Hunter X Hunter. And many others. It has nothing to do with continuity. I was referring to the anime, mind it. As for the mangaka, the list had Oda (OP) in second, Toriyama (DB) at third, Arakawa (FMA) at fourth, Araki (JoJo) at fifth, Kishimoto (Naruto) at eight, Togashi (HXH) at eleventh etc.

In MAL itself good enough platform to show that Gintama would give those two anime a run for the money. Gintama has 32.5K in favourites compared to 32.4K for Naruto and 39.5K for bleach, when the number of viewers is significantly smaller compared to those two series even in MAL. That alone shows the Gintama has higher retention of fans and hence the what you say as INFLATED SCORES.

You are trying to grab straws here. This won't get you anywhere. Don't ever create a bullshit thread like this when you cannot defend your arguments and come with counter arguments without any basis when facts are stated.

But is someone who only saw the first season or two a fan? Is he truly representative? You also cite Bleach, which is more popular than Gintama in the west by a mile.
Jan 16, 2018 1:24 PM

Nov 2007
HotaruKara said:
shanimebib said:

I think this says it all, great comment. And yeah, this thread should be locked. Your two comments are the best ones on this thread and other than that, this thread was useless. And unfortunately a waste of my time.
I guess it was worth reading for your comments tho.

My second comment before the last comment should do did the trick if he has anything going for him, that I highly doubt. haha!
Coronavirus.
Jan 16, 2018 1:27 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

Hunter X Hunter recently resumed serialisation and never actually ended, it was only on hiatus. Nice "fact" there.
Jan 16, 2018 1:28 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

"Gintama has higher retention of fans" we're not talking retention we're talking popularity. This site displays that Gintama is less popular than many of the other series you mentioned. I fail to see your point.
Jan 16, 2018 1:31 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

Gintama is also the 92nd most popular anime on this website according to MAL. barely scraped top 100 and if you consider the member count of the final series (which only real fans would watch) the popularity is very small, to the point where I would say Gintama is actually niche in terms of the latter series'.

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity&limit=50

using control F will show Gintama's position.

Not that MAL is even valid evidence either.
Jan 16, 2018 1:33 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

Favourites cannot act as real evidence as you can only have 10 on this website and therefore do not display how many people like this show. Nor does everyone even add favorites.
Jan 16, 2018 1:35 PM

Jul 2015
im just here to say i read everything
thank you for your attention ;)

Well...
Jan 16, 2018 1:36 PM
May 2017
shanimebib said:
spacebishijesus said:

Here is another piece of evidence with regard to sales. https://www.reddit.com/r/Gintama/comments/430xhk/how_unpopular_is_gintama_in_japan_really/

So yes, unsubstantiated argument. Yours, that is.

Dec 2016
It's funny cause now all the fake Gintama accounts are dropping Saiki Kusuo even though it's collabing with Gintama XD (@Hesham1112)
May 2017
marcodawidreus said:
im just here to say i read everything
thank you for your attention ;)

that's fine, my intention was to raise awareness and discussion of this topic.
Jan 16, 2018 1:38 PM
May 2017
Adonc said:
It's funny cause now all the fake Gintama accounts are dropping Saiki Kusuo even though it's collabing with Gintama XD @Hesham1112

Seriously? That's so petty. Not that I'm surprised given the responses of the fandom in this thread.
Jan 16, 2018 1:41 PM

Mar 2017
spacebishijesus said:
Adonc said:
It's funny cause now all the fake Gintama accounts are dropping Saiki Kusuo even though it's collabing with Gintama XD @Hesham1112

Seriously? That's so petty. Not that I'm surprised given the responses of the fandom in this thread.

What if that fake account to make Gintama fans get more hate? :/

Jul 2016
same thing happens with FMA:B, just bot accounts who lower the rating of any anime that surpasses their beloved first-place show.
May 2017
kisb said:
spacebishijesus said:

You say the fanbase toxic but I have made sure to avoid mentioning Gintama so that i just leave it up to you to assume i like it or that am a fanboy or whatever

you clearly are a fanboy though. so what's your point?
Jan 16, 2018 1:42 PM
May 2017
miX0N said:
same thing happens with FMA:B

//2short

I can understand it for FMA:B because of the younger audience it has and the fact that people rightly call it out for being overrated.
Jan 16, 2018 1:43 PM
May 2017
danangafnan said:
spacebishijesus said:

fake accounts are sad and obnoxious regardless of the intent behind them. But I could definitely see Gintama fans using fake accounts.
Jan 16, 2018 1:44 PM

Dec 2016
Holy crap, what did I walk in on? I just wanted to call out this loser https://myanimelist.net/profile/Hesham1112 and I walk in on straight cancer. Well, from what I've seen, whenever a new Gintama season comes out people on both sides reactively spam scoring and that can be attributed to the fact that MAL allows scoring before anime starts airing. Either way, this will be the last season of Gintama, so...
Jan 16, 2018 1:45 PM
May 2017
Adonc said:
Holy crap, what did I walk in on? I just wanted to call out this loser https://myanimelist.net/profile/Hesham1112 and I walk in on straight cancer. Well, from what I've seen, whenever a new Gintama season comes out people on both sides reactively spam scoring and that can be attributed to the fact that MAL allows scoring before anime starts airing. Either way, this will be the last season of Gintama, so...

yeah that's fair. why did you want to call him out?
Jan 16, 2018 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
It's so higly rated, because it is a very good anime. Not pnly entertaing, but also very good. 10/10 for me (which does not mean that it's flawless)

Sep 2017
miX0N said:
same thing happens with FMA:B, just bot accounts who lower the rating of any anime that surpasses their beloved first-place show.

My Favorite Anime Is FMAB And I Would Not Give Other Shows Lower Ratings Because They Are Now #1. I Rate Anime Fairly.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jul 2016
Adonc said:

trash like that needs to be ip-banned forever from MAL
Jan 16, 2018 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
danangafnan said:
spacebishijesus said:

That's what happens in the Gintama fanbase in reaction to the hundreds of 1's that come in. I imagine that would happen to ANY fanbase on MAL if it gets hated as much as Gintama (certain people think it's their "job" to set the score right, so they create fake accounts, and yes, it creates cancer)
Jan 16, 2018 1:49 PM
May 2017
miX0N said:
Adonc said:

that'd be a waste of time, setting IP bans takes longer than it does to just get around one.
Jan 16, 2018 1:49 PM
May 2017
Adonc said:
danangafnan said:

That's what happens in the Gintama fanbase in reaction to the hundreds of 1's that come in. I imagine that would happen to ANY fanbase on MAL if it gets hated as much as Gintama (certain people think it's their "job" to set the score right, so they create fake accounts, and yes, it creates cancer)

setting the score "right." These manchildren are hilarious lmao
Jan 16, 2018 1:52 PM

Nov 2016
spacebishijesus said:
kisb said:

and what exactly leads you to conclude that one is a fanboy?
Jan 16, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
spacebishijesus said:
Adonc said:

yeah that's fair. why did you want to call him out?
I guess you could say I was pretty ticked off when I went to Saiki Kusuo S2's page and saw 5% 1 ratings lol. I randomly selected this guy from the recently updated, realized I reported him before for boosting Gintama and laughed at the irony, decided to call him out here.
Jan 16, 2018 1:54 PM

Jan 2008
Jeez, the amount of dismissing you do towards any kind of discussion and gloating towards the matter when anyone or anything that even in the slightest bit sides towards you. You're that kind of person who googles hundreds of results only to find sources telling you it's false but believe it to be true because 1 random result says it is true.

There is nothing wrong with the scores, what's wrong is MAL's system of categorizing its franchise individually instead of as a whole. I'm sure someone's mentioned it already if not many, but Gintama suffers from the sequel effect on MAL, in which people who don't like it won't bother with the next and the ones who do continue and obviously the majority of who enjoy it will rate it highly.

Any show that has many sequels has this effect and Gintama is just the prime target because it already started off with high ratings in the first place only making each season higher and taking the top of MAL's lists. Factor in that some people care about ratings religiously for some reason and you got yourself people making alts to downvote these shows.
Jan 16, 2018 1:55 PM

Jul 2016
spacebishijesus said:

that'd be a waste of time, setting IP bans takes longer than it does to just get around one.

Yeah, i take back my word, seeing as how desperate people like him are, they're just gonna use a vpn and create more accounts. Is there any solution at all to stop these cancerous fucks?
Jan 16, 2018 1:56 PM

Dec 2016
miX0N said:
Adonc said:

I know, seriously. Even if you post on the Illegitimate Accounts thread, they take forever to actually ban the person.
Jan 16, 2018 1:56 PM
May 2017
kisb said:
spacebishijesus said:

are you incorrectly referring to yourself or trying to mean a common person? fanboys are normally blind and stunted in their taste, resulting in conflicts of opinion to dissenters..

no I do not fail to see the irony here
Jan 16, 2018 1:58 PM
May 2017
miX0N said:
spacebishijesus said:

Yeah, i take back my word, seeing as how desperate people like him are, they're just gonna use a vpn and create more accounts. Is there any solution at all to stop these cancerous fucks?

no not really. personally my best fix would be to just ignore this website.
Jan 16, 2018 1:59 PM
May 2017
Paul said:
Jeez, the amount of dismissing you do towards any kind of discussion and gloating towards the matter when anyone or anything that even in the slightest bit sides towards you. You're that kind of person who googles hundreds of results only to find sources telling you it's false but believe it to be true because 1 random result says it is true.

There is nothing wrong with the scores, what's wrong is MAL's system of categorizing its franchise individually instead of as a whole. I'm sure someone's mentioned it already if not many, but Gintama suffers from the sequel effect on MAL, in which people who don't like it won't bother with the next and the ones who do continue and obviously the majority of who enjoy it will rate it highly.

Any show that has many sequels has this effect and Gintama is just the prime target because it already started off with high ratings in the first place only making each season higher and taking the top of MAL's lists. Factor in that some people care about ratings religiously for some reason and you got yourself people making alts to downvote these shows.

"Jeez, the amount of dismissing you do towards any kind of discussion and gloating towards the matter when anyone or anything that even in the slightest bit sides towards you. You're that kind of person who googles hundreds of results only to find sources telling you it's false but believe it to be true because 1 random result says it is true."

acting like you know what I'm actually like when I'm not baiting on online websites. irl I'm better than you.

I'm aware of the sequel affect though and I agree it is a problem.

But yeah, sad isn't it
Jan 16, 2018 2:02 PM
Aug 2016
I cannot really understand why people are discussing around Gintama so much? Its amount member is pretty low compared to many other animes. But it is being discussed more than any other anime. Yes, its score is high because people who watch Gintama basically love it. Why cannot you understand this? Gintama has a very high rate of 10 scores but also really high rate of 1 scores even in its sequels(You can check, it probably has the highest rate of 1 scores in top 20). So, it shows that the most stupid thing in here is what haters do. But I don't mind, mal scores don't mean anything. Let people do what they want.
Jan 16, 2018 2:03 PM

Nov 2016
spacebishijesus said:
kisb said:

are you incorrectly referring to yourself or trying to mean a common person? fanboys are normally blind and stunted in their taste, resulting in conflicts of opinion to dissenters..

Good
Simply put: I did not give any opinion of Gintama during our discussion so calling me a fanboy is incorrect

I was simply talking about haters in general.
Jan 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
spacebishijesus said:

acting like you know what I'm actually like when I'm not baiting on online websites. irl I'm better than you.

Anyone can tell what you're actually like simply by reading this topic. You thinking you're better than me has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion and the fact that you need to bring it just goes to show your ignorance and the superiority complex you have towards trying to prove your right and 'better'.

Mar 2017
Adonc said:
danangafnan said:

I mean you can't judge it so quickly that it was from Gintama fans. It can be like this "Hey, I want to make Gintama gets more hate from Saiki fans so I will set my score with 1 and Gintama 10 and then some people from Saiki fans will make Gintama score low". And it would be the dumbest move if the fake account is really from Gintama fans. Because it won't make Gintama get higher score just make it gets more hate and then gets lower score.
May 2017
kisb said:
spacebishijesus said:

Good
Simply put: I did not give any opinion of Gintama during our discussion so calling me a fanboy is incorrect

I was simply talking about haters in general.

That's true, but the way you present your arguments, your profile and your attitude reek of bias.

I also think your concept of "haters" is ridiculous and is synonymous with PC culture and the like.

That's not to say I don't condone irrational hatred, but that's apparently different from your definition.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Watching the same anime over and over again

otaku2000anime - 1 hour ago

6 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
2 minutes ago

» How do y'all watch such long series? ( 1 2 )

erikkamirs - Feb 19, 2022

98 by KitsuFrost »»
3 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 5

47 by LoveYourSmile »»
13 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

84 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - 7 hours ago

10 by SgtBateMan »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.