Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 1, 2010 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
suigetsu00 said:
EternalDreamer said:
suigetsu00 said:
at least now we know winry doesnt wear bras rofl xD
Idd the most important piece of information we got out of this episode xD They got a really nice firm shape too (^.^)

rofl xD

She got clots for Rose. So Rose's bras doesn't fit.

"There's no such thing as a coma. He is surly previewing the afterlife." by
Mar 1, 2010 10:36 AM

Apr 2009

FUCK YES.

Another great episode, can't wait til next week. Shit is going down. :3
Mar 1, 2010 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
I was so restless in the beginning as I was waiting for that "height difference" moment. My heart let out a fangirly scream when it appeared :D I also loved that part when Gruuman gave his creepy ol' sneaky smile, I lol-ed XD

But wow, the anime is whizing by very quickly, it's pretty close to where we are in the manga (not complaining though :P); can't wait until the next episode! Ed and Al reunion :3!

P.S. any manga-readers getting impatient? I sure am :(
robbydesuMar 1, 2010 11:08 AM
Mar 1, 2010 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
Woo, things are really picking up and getting exciting. Loved the episode, personally. I was a little surprised at how much older Ed and Winry seemed... Oh, and did Ed give Winry her earrings back yet? I thought he was going to hand them back to her when they met up again... or did they mean after the Promised Day?

Obviously the explosion only killed Bradley's/Wrath's colleagues. As a homunculus, he's still alive and kicking, no?
Mar 1, 2010 12:30 PM

Feb 2010
HOLY CRAP
that picture (magelet) is making my lifee
yes ed got sooo hott and buff i was like SHOCKK- this is what happenes in like a month!?
and noo i don't think he gave the earings back :/

i don't read the manga but the news make me sad because i hear its ending..which means brotherhood might be ending? :(
or maybe fillers?
fillers with more jacked up edd *swooons*
Mar 1, 2010 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
Fantastic episode direction and script-wise, as were the last 7 or 8 ones. The developments are perfectly executed and the story is just compelling, it's a real pleasure to watch such a show.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 1, 2010 1:08 PM

Feb 2010
Winry fanservice and ED looks tall and bulk ROFL ? I was like wtf is goin' on here.
Ending AWSOME! I can't w8 to see what happens next :D
Mar 1, 2010 1:13 PM

Nov 2008
Kdanni said:
suigetsu00 said:
EternalDreamer said:
suigetsu00 said:
at least now we know winry doesnt wear bras rofl xD
Idd the most important piece of information we got out of this episode xD They got a really nice firm shape too (^.^)

rofl xD

She got clots for Rose. So Rose's bras doesn't fit.

yeah but if she had one on in the first place she'd be wearing that one lol ><

robbydesu said:
I was so restless in the beginning as I was waiting for that "height difference" moment. My heart let out a fangirly scream when it appeared :D I also loved that part when Gruuman gave his creepy ol' sneaky smile, I lol-ed XD

But wow, the anime is whizing by very quickly, it's pretty close to where we are in the manga (not complaining though :P); can't wait until the next episode! Ed and Al reunion :3!

P.S. any manga-readers getting impatient? I sure am :(

you know what next ep brings right? lol
Mar 1, 2010 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Wow is it just me or this really getting sped up? I hope they don't try to make it a 52 episode show...and I don't want it to end :(
Mar 1, 2010 3:00 PM

Feb 2009
I think that person who wanted to see that part when it shows that Al is now taller than Winry is happy now. I can't believe how much he has grown.

things are warming up!
Mar 1, 2010 3:04 PM
Feb 2010
i love this episode was priceless when winry was about to strip and edward staring at her like a dog on a leash XD always loved fullmetal alchemist :P

Mar 1, 2010 3:45 PM
Feb 2010
Loved the episode! Winry = big boobs = nice! ;)

And if there is one country we should be worrying about, then it should be Japan, since they are the ones who give us anime and manga and stuff. XD

Anyway, looking forward to next episode. Finally Ed vs Pride. ^_^
Mar 1, 2010 4:17 PM

Oct 2007
Jrittmayer said:
Wow is it just me or this really getting sped up? I hope they don't try to make it a 52 episode show...and I don't want it to end :(

hehe dont worry then its a 63 episode show :D

wow is it me or has Winry really started to show off her charms lately?

haha I love Mustang and Olivier and their little skits XD
Mar 1, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2008
I loved, loved, loved all the developments in this episode. It really felt like a secret war for once. We kept the jokes to a minimum and focused on the plot, and I just really liked it.

That aside, Paku Romi fails for not really matching Ed's voice anymore. The growth spurt is a little crazy, since it feels like he shot up almost a foot in between episodes, but whatever.
Mar 1, 2010 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
KCT said:
Jrittmayer said:

hehe dont worry then its a 63 episode show :D

i thought that rumor died a long time ago lol
Mar 1, 2010 6:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Cenedess said:
(Image, not a spoiler)

Cue massive squee.
lol I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who squeed at that scene!

merle_noir said:
Oh, and did Ed give Winry her earrings back yet? I thought he was going to hand them back to her when they met up again... or did they mean after the Promised Day?
I was wondering about that too. I'm pretty sure Ed still has her earrings but I'd also like to know if they meant after the Promised Day.
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 1, 2010 9:10 PM

Aug 2008
Cortez321 said:
Meh atleast it wasn't an earthquake.
Like last time.

umm....
Mar 1, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
awesomeness man...so much awesomeness......fmab is my first love
Mar 2, 2010 12:54 AM

Nov 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:
I think that person who wanted to see that part when it shows that Al is now taller than Winry is happy now. I can't believe how much he has grown.

that would be me, and yes I am very happy indeed. XD

things are really getting tense now! o.o
Mar 2, 2010 1:50 AM
Nov 2009
So........ how do i get rid of the damn tsunami warning
Mar 2, 2010 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
And there goes Grumman on my favorite list :D
Mar 2, 2010 2:22 AM

Apr 2008
Oh man, next week can't come any slower...

Also, Winry underboob FTW!
Mar 2, 2010 2:58 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was awesome 5/5

The scene after the ending was freaking intense :S
Mar 2, 2010 7:42 AM

Jan 2010
Fantastic episode! Still find the pacing to be too fast though! I don't think that many people would mind if FMA:B was spread over twice the number of episodes, but at least fast pacing is better than slow pacing IMO.

Need to read the manga again to see if the anime has left out any interesting parts of the story...Also, hope they don't rush the story and battles too much from now on...

Very impressed with Olivier Armstrong at the end of this ep though, anyone else woulda just freaked out^^
Mar 2, 2010 8:12 AM
Feb 2010
noteDhero said:
I loved, loved, loved all the developments in this episode. It really felt like a secret war for once. We kept the jokes to a minimum and focused on the plot, and I just really liked it.

That aside, Paku Romi fails for not really matching Ed's voice anymore. The growth spurt is a little crazy, since it feels like he shot up almost a foot in between episodes, but whatever.

Time passed by. It said so at the beginning of the episode if I'm not mistaken. :P
Mar 2, 2010 8:13 AM

Aug 2008
I know. It's still bizarre, especially when Ed's voice hasn't changed at all.
Mar 2, 2010 8:16 AM
Sep 2009
How long of a time gap is that meant to be, anyway? Six months? A year? I was unclear about this in the manga, and while this anime has tended to clear up confusion I've had about specific manga parts in the past, it didn't help a damn bit this time.
Mar 2, 2010 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
Nice setup episode for the long battle, looks like we will unable to see Winry in short-term, so good bye for now

The most scene i'm looking forward in manga Ed's in Winry's room, i'm satisfied with that yes i am, and
_Vincent_ said:

Also, Winry underboob FTW!
I second THAT
Mar 2, 2010 8:55 AM

Aug 2008
Well, I didn't really like the whole time skip thing, but it is weird seeing Ed a bit taller :P
Mar 2, 2010 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
Torrentsven said:
So........ how do i get rid of the damn tsunami warning

you dont lol

deadfoxblue said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

that would be me, and yes I am very happy indeed. XD

things are really getting tense now! o.o

dont you mean when ed is taller than winry? not al lol xD
Mar 2, 2010 9:26 AM

May 2008
The beginning of the ep was epic xD Good thing Ed was sitting down when Winry was stripping...

Also, Ed looked very manly in this episode...for once in his life lol. Also looked like he got a bit taller.

EPIC ENDING. The ending theme makes it that much more better.

Awesome episode.

Mar 2, 2010 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
I want the next episode... NOW!
Mar 2, 2010 9:54 AM
Jun 2008
FMA is so good!

Want more!!!!
Mar 2, 2010 10:51 AM

Mar 2008
Ed is SUPER sexy now =w= hahaha <3 and yay he's taller than Winry!

Loved thissss...can't wait for next week's *_* (I say this at the end of every episode...as I'm sure everyone else here does.)
Mar 2, 2010 11:14 AM
Feb 2010
Some of you guys are having problems with the tsunami warning on the episode. I watched it at animefreak.tv and no tsunami warning whatsoever. :P
Mar 2, 2010 12:45 PM
Jul 2009
King Bradley is dead :3
Mar 2, 2010 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Lilgnomy said:
King Bradley is dead :3

Mar 2, 2010 1:04 PM

Aug 2008
noteDhero said:
I know. It's still bizarre, especially when Ed's voice hasn't changed at all.

And that his seiyuu is female, to begin with :P

Anyways, I'm starting to worry about this production. Anime will caught up with manga in aprox. 4months, and I doubt Hiromu Arakawa will finish wraping things up with 3-4 chapters. So, either he will end it - in contrary to my doubts - and everything is pace out perfectly, or airing anime will be just halted for summer, and who knows, maybe fall. Fans will be left in awaiting for literally few final episodes, complaining, but in the end we'll at least get fully fledged adaptation.
Obviously I wouldn't mind that, 'cause the alternative is horrific - another ending made up by producers? Brr. We had alternative reallity so now it would be what, jumping through time?

Wondering aside, this episode really felt wonderful. Not only for winry waifu :P but most of all nicely done conspiracy plot. 5/5 for great job

ps: ah, btw for all those who watched it with japs map on the side and were waiting like me to repeat it with clean release - eclipse did it a while ago
NiklaiMar 2, 2010 1:16 PM
Mar 2, 2010 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
Paku Romi's voice bothered me at first (especially compared to the English Dub), but after a few episodes I became less bothered with it. I think it's her responsibility to attempt to change something, and it's ridiculous that she didn't.

As for the finale, they could just make the end into a movie.
noteDheroMar 2, 2010 1:12 PM
Mar 2, 2010 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
Well, yeah, hopefully if it comes to it, they will. Still, I'm hoping Arakawa will finish manga soon, and anime will be perfectly timed... And on the other hand I hope he'll drag it on, simply 'cause we get more FMA :p
Mar 2, 2010 1:59 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
Paku Romi's voice bothered me at first (especially compared to the English Dub), but after a few episodes I became less bothered with it. I think it's her responsibility to attempt to change something, and it's ridiculous that she didn't.
I definitely agree. Ed should not only look older, but sound older too.

noteDhero said:
As for the finale, they could just make the end into a movie.
:O I didn't even think of this option. A movie finale would be epic!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 2, 2010 2:01 PM

Mar 2009
I have to say.. loved the way this episode ended.

Like after the bridge blows up, the music starting, and the gunman's grin, hoo hoo.
Mar 2, 2010 2:43 PM
Mar 2010
So am I right to understand that no one noticed that they jumped/skipped several months of story from the manga. There are several plotholes between this ep and 45. Wth? I'm really disappointed. They skip the reason to why the promised day is the next day totally. How winry got to where she is and what she has been doing is also skipped.What Marcoh and Scar have been doing is also skipped. They even mention that they've been gone for months. The little eastern girl, skipped. Gdammit. Have I missed a 1.5 hour OVA or did they really do a total douche?
Mar 2, 2010 2:49 PM

Aug 2008
True. By the end of last week's episode, I felt like everyone knew when the promised day was. But the manga readers said that they didn't, so I deferred to them. This week, we find out that they did know, and had been planning since the event's of episode 45. We know Marcoh and Scar were banding together Ishbals who share the same vision as Miles, so there's nothing to really learn there.

It was just sloppy transition.
Mar 2, 2010 3:19 PM

Nov 2008
Kodesh said:
So am I right to understand that no one noticed that they jumped/skipped several months of story from the manga. There are several plotholes between this ep and 45. Wth? I'm really disappointed. They skip the reason to why the promised day is the next day totally. How winry got to where she is and what she has been doing is also skipped.What Marcoh and Scar have been doing is also skipped. They even mention that they've been gone for months. The little eastern girl, skipped. Gdammit. Have I missed a 1.5 hour OVA or did they really do a total douche?

lol as far as i remember all of what your talking about wasnt even in the manga >< wait.....the little eastern girl leaving wasnt skipped lol
suigetsu00Mar 2, 2010 3:23 PM
Mar 2, 2010 3:45 PM
Jun 2009
map annoying first minutes... i got used to it..
episode itself was great and next one seems........epic!
Mar 2, 2010 6:45 PM

Nov 2007
Apparently Japan has a tsunami warning. Probably from the Chilean earthquake. At least the word got around now that Selim is a homunculus.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 2, 2010 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
i dunno how people are gettin their anime....but Eclipse has released a v2 of 46.... tsunami warning free....its worth a DL...esp if ur a whore about ur anime collection....like i am ^_^
Mar 3, 2010 12:29 AM

Oct 2009
awesome episode

after a while i didn't even notice the tsunami warning anymore, with all that happened in the episode. it's getting more and more exciting, can't wait for the next episode
Mar 3, 2010 12:40 AM
Mar 2010
suigetsu00 said:
lol as far as i remember all of what your talking about wasnt even in the manga >< wait.....the little eastern girl leaving wasnt skipped lol

*sigh* ok, apparantly the manga does the same abrupt jump, albeit with some more explaining around it. And not a big "some". But the eastern girl. She goes to central, for months. What takes place for that time is GONE. She isn't a main character but still.
Point is the jump they did in the story is rather crude and would have deserved a better explanation instead of leaving a strong feeeling of having missed something.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

1000 by KitsuFrost »»
Yesterday, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Sep 14

26 by Mualani »»
Sep 25, 6:47 AM

» Favorite moment // Episode

Salvaged - Sep 16

38 by Mualani »»
Sep 25, 6:42 AM

Poll: » I'm the only one who likes 5th opening more ?

Kishorklr - Sep 11

40 by Gear707 »»
Sep 17, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Apr 26, 2009

453 by Ankibank »»
Sep 15, 10:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.