Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2017 2:20 PM

Aug 2013
Kit said:
LucianRoy said:
Posts like this are new town, I just didn't want to say it earlier because I like seeing new-players stand up for themselves and not get the luxury of being thrown in the town pile.
Care to explain why the post is new-town?

MMmmm, you can feel it. Cooperation, effort, thinking for one's self, confidence, and the slightest inclination to please and make an impression on people. You can feel it, it's all there.
"If you look for a ghost, you'll find one."
Jan 2, 2017 2:21 PM

Oct 2014
PentaFlare said:
Sonata said:
Unvote. Vote: Bursama

This hammers it.

Wait, did you just play me so the train could be pushed over?

Yes. I'm sorry Penta.

Aug 2014
Wait, did I just let myself be played into hammering a lynch???
Despite my scumread on bursama, this doesn't sit well with me.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~

Aug 2013
Sonata said:

This hammers it.

SCUM
Jan 2, 2017 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, or just dumb!town?
Jan 2, 2017 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Still conflicted on Bursama. Probably should've taken full time.
Jan 2, 2017 2:24 PM

Oct 2014
LucianRoy said:
Sonata said:

This hammers it.

SCUM

Wait until we see how the lynch turns out at least before you start making accusations. If he is scum, you'll thank me later. If he is not, it isn't like we were going to get anywhere by interrogating him anyway and there were no signs of changing votes elsewhere either (which is what Soren wanted), if he actually is mafia Soren should be an obvious choice for next day phase.

If he's actually town, well, my mistake, but he didn't do anything to defend himself either so the outcome was gonna be the same either way.

@Togs @Crossbell
Jan 2, 2017 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Soren said:
Kit said:
I'm responding to multiple people as I catch up. I had a question for Bursama, so I asked it

I'm feeling Lucian because he seems to contradict himself often. But I'm not sure.
ive got some eerie suspicions of lucian too but havent voiced them yet cause its nothing concrete

Loving every moment of how this happened right after I brought up Kit and Soren on the 40 train.
Jan 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Mar 2012
PentaFlare said:
Kit said:
Oh huh that could make sense, more than Jester anyway. You think that kind of role could be in basic? I always forget about roles I've never encountered before. Why would he claim vanilla, then?

Claiming vanilla as scum vengeful makes sense, claiming vanilla as town vengeful doesn't seem like the best idea, but I can see why someone might try that.

You can claim VT as town vengeful in order to try coax mafia hammering you.
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Aug 2013
Strrrruccckkk a nerve on that one did I?
Jan 2, 2017 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
Bursama said:
PentaFlare said:

Claiming vanilla as scum vengeful makes sense, claiming vanilla as town vengeful doesn't seem like the best idea, but I can see why someone might try that.

You can claim VT as town vengeful in order to try coax mafia hammering you.

Yeah. That's what I meant when I said I can see why someone might try that. Are you saying you are town vengeful?

Edit: pronouns
Jan 2, 2017 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
Please don't be town vengeful.
Jan 2, 2017 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
LucianRoy said:
Soren said:
ive got some eerie suspicions of lucian too but havent voiced them yet cause its nothing concrete

Loving every moment of how this happened right after I brought up Kit and Soren on the 40 train.
I'm not even caught up with page 19 so I don't know what you said. If you look at my previous posts you can see I mentioned you multiple times. Dunno about Soren tho.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 2, 2017 2:34 PM

Jan 2008
LucianRoy said:
I would have rather taken the entire day, but the penta/sonata switch thing happened too fast

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Nov 2015
🌟 Day 2 Final Vote Count 🌟

Bursama (7): Gruffin, logic340, Grapefruit21, Kit, Bursama, PentaFlare, Sonata
Kit (1): Oyasumi_Rosie
LucianRoy (1): Soren

Not Voting (4): Phraze, aa-dono, Lord_Sithis, LucianRoy

Modnote: That's a lynch, hold tight for the flip.
Jan 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
I feel so blind and betrayed at the same time. I was so obviously being manipulated but I didn't even notice.
Jan 2, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
LucianRoy said:
I would have rather taken the entire day, but the penta/sonata switch thing happened too fast
I would have too. I'm not comfortable with this but I am hoping for the best.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jan 2, 2017 2:36 PM

Mar 2012
Sonata said:

Afraid?
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
Jan 2, 2017 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
PentaFlare said:
I feel so blind and betrayed at the same time. I was so obviously being manipulated but I didn't even notice.

GIT GUD
Jan 2, 2017 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Bursama said:
Sonata said:

Afraid?

Ooooofff this is gonna b good
Jan 2, 2017 2:40 PM

Oct 2014
Bursama said:
Sonata said:

Afraid?

Do you look like I'm afraid after what I've done? I'll just be disappointed that I've let down the town and tricked Penta for naught.
Jan 2, 2017 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
Sonata said:
Bursama said:

Afraid?

Do you look like I'm afraid after what I've done? I'll just be disappointed that I've let down the town and tricked Penta for naught.

Anything else you want to say?
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
Bursama said:
Sonata said:

Yeah. I want to go to sleep.
Jan 2, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
Sonata said:
Bursama said:

I mean, anything else you want to say before Togs finished the flavour and there'll be blood and guts everywhere?
Count to 30 -victories:

Jan 2, 2017 2:49 PM

Oct 2014
Bursama said:
Sonata said:

I mean, anything else you want to say before Togs finished the flavour and there'll be blood and guts everywhere?

Nah, not really.
Jan 2, 2017 2:51 PM

Nov 2015

~ 🌟 👽 🕒 💡🌟 ~

Haruhi was always known for being bull headed and spontaneous. She would get crazy ideas suddenly then never let them go, like a rabid squirrel hoarding it’s precious acorns. It was certainly an exciting quirk, thought Kyon, but immensely tiring at the same time. Actually, why was it that he was the one always getting tired ? Don’t the laws of universal Karma state that Haruhi should be suffering from the negative effects of her own actions ? Kyon furrowed his brow. Just thinking about the unfairness all around him made his head hurt a little.

The truth was though, that deep down, Kyon may have had some affection for this particular trait of Haruhi’s. He would never admit it openly, but perhaps he wished himself that he could openly and brazenly get done whatever he set his mind to, without having to deal with the metaphorical red tape that was his cynical demeanor. It could even be the case that in time, he would slowly open himself up, and learn to cherish this aspect of spontaneity that he had previously loathed.

He never imagined though, that one Haruhi’s boneheaded ideas would turn out so... deadly.

Bursama has been lynched. He was:

~ 🌟 👽 🕒 💡🌟 ~

It is now Night 2. Deadline is 24 hours (and 9 minutes) from this post, on January 3rd at 11:00 pm GMT.
Please submit all Night actions to me or my co-mod within 1 hour of the deadline.

âš› Night 2 Timer âš›
TogsJan 2, 2017 3:18 PM
Jan 2, 2017 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, that would've been the sickest play ever if he was vengeful and hit scum.

Bursama would've been a legit legend.
Jan 2, 2017 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
Sorry town.
Jan 2, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
Also, the flavor is genius.
Jan 2, 2017 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Sonata said:
Sorry town.

Vote:Sonata

Guess who predicted this?

MEEEEEEEEEEE

LucianRoy said:
Sonata said:
@LucianRoy I can't answer those on the fly, they are conclusions I reached last night by linking posts from day 1 to each other, and I wasn't gonna use my practice time before it's too dark to make noise doing so. I will do that now, but read my other posts first, I'm pretty sure I linked one post (#172 I think it was) that I found very important. Besides, I don't see anybody else questioning me about it so why would I make all that work to back up my conjecture if a Bursama lynch is on the way and that would make my job a lot easier.

Because you're using pre-associatives and seem to be assuming Bursama as scum to fit in with your scumread on Soren, (or vice-versa), and that's a gap in your logic.
>Bursama flips town
>You go back to the drawing board and call it a mistake.
>You end up never having to give a real read on Bursama

To sum it up, I don't need to explain my votes or reads to you in particular

feelsbadman
so I'd rather not give away too much information now that the only reason why I'd have to do so is to stop trying to put me in a bad light :/

feelslikescumtryingtoskatebyman
Jan 2, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
sigh
Jan 2, 2017 3:06 PM

Jan 2010
I walk away and come back to this.....

Jan 2, 2017 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
Sonata said:
Sorry town.

Your signature is a good representation of how I feel right now. Sad, betrayed, and empty.
Jan 2, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2012
What the...

What happened while I was gone?
Jan 2, 2017 3:46 PM

May 2012
Guys, we were supposed to use our time to look at other people. :\
Jan 2, 2017 3:47 PM

Aug 2013
Dang.... I really want to post about who we should vote for instead but ran out of time.... this sucks hard

Jan 2, 2017 3:48 PM

Jan 2010
I feel cheated we just lost 20 hours of discussion time.

Jan 2, 2017 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
Gruffin said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Dang.... I really want to post about who we should vote for instead but ran out of time.... this sucks hard
logic340 said:
I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you that the day was cut short, but try to channel that energy you had for today into our next lynch. We need to start being more careful about our votes and how close we get to lynch lock so things like this don't happen again.

As one door closes another one opens, every flip gives us new information to work with. So stay optimistic ^^

Jan 2, 2017 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
I said it. The Bursama train looks bad. And someone had to hammer it. RIP.
Jan 2, 2017 4:33 PM

Dec 2016
Well that moved fast overnight. This whole living in australia thing is quite the detriment...
Jan 2, 2017 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Kit said:
Gruffin said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
logic340 said:
I'm just as disappointed as the rest of you that the day was cut short, but try to channel that energy you had for today into our next lynch. We need to start being more careful about our votes and how close we get to lynch lock so things like this don't happen again.

As one door closes another one opens, every flip gives us new information to work with. So stay optimistic ^^
+1000000000
Jan 2, 2017 8:52 PM

Dec 2016
Well I'll go ahead and respond to all the questions I didn't get to before Night fell.

@Phraze I think we might have to agree to disagree. I felt like I am playing in a very helpful way to town, but after todays events I have to step back and revaluate because this was not a great day for town and especially me (as from my POV I dug up most of the fuel for that lynch). I did partially answer about my research before this game but I didn't tag you. I have been reading for about a month prior to this game launching and have read a 1.8k post game and 6ish 300ish post games.

@Gruffin 356 is the post that made me say that Soren was driving the x40 train. He is calling out the active posters who are not on board and trying to build a consensus. The amount of work he did driving the x40 train but not participating in reflection after it flipped town worried me. Bad lynches happen but you shouldn't vanish when it was your train. I was hoping to bring it up today but I had thought Bursama was a more promising lead so that didn't work out. Him coming in late trying to save Bursama felt very pro-town though so it throws a lot of those thoughts out the window.

@LucianRoy I answered a lot of the questions you had for me about Soren here but specifically I saw Soren jumping onto Kit's post and rallying people behind it in 356 and others as opportunistic and I categorized that as doing the heavy lifting. But his behaviour around the Bursama lynch feels town so I'm back to neutral and paranoid.

If I missed any questions you want answered before night phase ends @ me.
Jan 2, 2017 9:15 PM

Oct 2011
what the fudge. I come back to see day phase cut short? =.=

the dangers of majority lynches~ I was lynched once cuz of that still have yet to study the benefits of this system

Jan 2, 2017 9:33 PM

Oct 2011
Grapefruit21 said:
@Phraze I think we might have to agree to disagree. I felt like I am playing in a very helpful way to town, but after todays events I have to step back and revaluate because this was not a great day for town and especially me (as from my POV I dug up most of the fuel for that lynch). I did partially answer about my research before this game but I didn't tag you. I have been reading for about a month prior to this game launching and have read a 1.8k post game and 6ish 300ish post games.
nice to see we're getting along somewhere.
that's a total of 7 games u observed then(?) this is my 7th game. similar player level noted.
u should keep in mind that majority lynches can be locked. other than that, I guess u lack a hands-on experience. could be the reasons behind ur playstyle. neutral but not a negative tell

Jan 2, 2017 9:52 PM

Dec 2016
Phraze said:
that's a total of 7 games u observed then(?) this is my 7th game. similar player level noted.
u should keep in mind that majority lynches can be locked. other than that, I guess u lack a hands-on experience. could be the reasons behind ur playstyle. neutral but not a negative tell

MTGS always does majority lynch lock (assuming that's why this game has it since it's crossbell) the benefit to me is it makes voting much more dangerous in late Lylo and Mylo because scum can quick hammer to win.

And lack of play experience combined with over confidence from reading games and a strong competitive streak I think explain my play style pretty well.
Jan 2, 2017 10:23 PM

Oct 2011
Grapefruit21 said:
Phraze said:

MTGS always does majority lynch lock (assuming that's why this game has it since it's crossbell) the benefit to me is it makes voting much more dangerous in late Lylo and Mylo because scum can quick hammer to win.

And lack of play experience combined with over confidence from reading games and a strong competitive streak I think explain my play style pretty well.
I see. not familiar with other mafia sites. I'm new to most of the mechanics(and need a mafia dictionary~) so trying to learn how majority lynches will benefit us.

accurate description about ur playstyle. newbie in a kind of way..

Jan 3, 2017 4:20 AM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
LucianRoy said:

SCUM

Wait until we see how the lynch turns out at least before you start making accusations. If he is scum, you'll thank me later. If he is not, it isn't like we were going to get anywhere by interrogating him anyway and there were no signs of changing votes elsewhere either (which is what Soren wanted), if he actually is mafia Soren should be an obvious choice for next day phase.

If he's actually town, well, my mistake, but he didn't do anything to defend himself either so the outcome was gonna be the same either way.

@Togs @Crossbell
We don't know what the outcome would have been you cut us short by 20 hours on our discussion, which means that is 20 hours worth of leads you took away from us. I would say your actions are more pro-mafia than Bursama's were. This shit was not called for and if you are town you just set yourself up for a mislynch D3. So how is what you did helpful in anyway and why should you be pardoned tomorrow? Where is the townie mindset in putting your own goals ahead of those of the town? You potentially set us back 3 townies with this move so I really hope you are scum at this point because for lynching Bursama for not having the town in mind you surely don't seem to have our best interest at heart either.

Jan 3, 2017 4:26 AM

Jan 2010
@Soren the way you said that Bursama is town for obvious reasons seems like scum knowing what the flip would be. I could see you possibly being town but the fact that you didn't follow through on your post #915 I am having a hard time seeing you as town right about now. So I am going to ask you very directly and I want an answer from you. What is the reason you knew (so obvious) that Bursama was town?

Jan 3, 2017 4:28 AM

Jan 2010
Sonata said:
I take full responsibily of my actions if this lynch ends up being bad by the way, but if it doesn't, Soren will be my next vote for sure.
So how do you plan on taking responsibility for these actions?

Jan 3, 2017 4:49 AM

Jan 2010
Kit said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Why are people still pinging Bursama for information. He has already stayed that he he had no interest in defending himself or sharing ideas. Wouldn't our time be better spent questioning others to male sure he has the strongest scum read of us all?
I'm responding to multiple people as I catch up. I had a question for Bursama, so I asked it

Soren said:
food for though, bur is town. who should we lynch instead?
I'm feeling Lucian because he seems to contradict himself often. But I'm not sure.
Can you give examples of where Lucian contradicted himself please?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated MEMBER Posts! v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SoulEaterQUEEN - Mar 26, 2016

1990 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3811 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:42 PM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8751 by Serafos »»
Aug 17, 9:41 PM

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2867 by Serafos »»

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1160 by Serafos »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.