Forum Settings
Forums

Do you like to watch anime openings? Why or why not?

New
Do you like to watch anime openings?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 19, 2016 9:24 PM

Aug 2015
If they appeal to me, I watch them. If they don't I skip them, unless it has a slow buffer rate in which case I have little choice.
Sep 19, 2016 9:33 PM
May 2016
Usually I just skip them bc I tend to binge watch anime. 2+ minutes of openings can add up if you're watching 8 episodes in one sitting.
Sep 19, 2016 9:40 PM
May 2015
If I watch anime on dvd or if i'm trying to fit lot's of anime inside a short time I don't watch the opening, but if it's just a few episodes for a regularly updated anime then I usually watch it. I like openings but that are not essential for me, that's why when the situation calls for it I don't mind skipping it.

Sep 19, 2016 9:47 PM
Aug 2016
I'll watch the opening once to see if I like it or not. If I like it, I'll watch it for every episode for the whole series. If I didn't like it, I just skip it.

More often than not I like the openings enough to watch them every time.
Sep 19, 2016 10:36 PM

Sep 2016
Is it a new opening? Then yes I'll watch it at least the first time.
Do I like the opening song or not is also a big factor, does the song compliment the animation in the opening? Also... does the opening song give spoilers for what's to come in the series or not? If it does I skip it for ep 1 and watch the opening at ep 2.

In the end with all series though - I always skip it to save 2 precious minutes of my life ~

Sep 19, 2016 11:53 PM

Nov 2014
If i like the OP/ED i always watch them but if it is something i do not care for or like i skip them after watching them the first 1-2 times....a few times certain ones grew one me over time as well.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Sep 19, 2016 11:55 PM
Sep 2016
If I happen to really like it, I watch it every time. Otherwise I skip it.
Sep 19, 2016 11:56 PM
Jul 2018
I will always watch the OP of the first episode, then after that I just skip them for the most part.
Sep 20, 2016 1:30 AM

Jul 2015
uhh yes can't hurt to watch right even some crap anime have surprisingly good op and ed
Sep 20, 2016 3:51 AM

Oct 2011
I always watch the opening at least once and if I like it, I do.
But it also really depends on how I am watching the series. If watch anime on my phone, I rather skip it, but if it's on my computer, I always (at least) listen to it, while sometimes, I open another tab, to do something else till the OP is finished playing.
Sep 20, 2016 4:07 AM

Apr 2015
Occasionally.
If it's like RE:Zero and the opening is not a given thing to occur during every episode, I'll watch whenever it is shown.
If it IS something that occurs every episode, but I truly do love it, then I won't skip it. However, this is the rarity. Outside of Serial Experiments Lain, I can't think of any series that I refused to skip the opening for. (Actually, I did do that with Gunbuster and Diebuster, but it was because I couldn't believe how cheesy and dated both were, and both were only 6 episodes each)
Otherwise, I'll skip it. Especially because it's a great way to conserve time. Cutting out the opening and ending can reduce the length of an episode to about 19 minutes. This makes it much easier to go on a binge and actually get through a series. And even when not binging, watching the same sequence time and time again can get quite dull.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 20, 2016 4:55 AM

Dec 2011
I rarely watch OP/ED but I listen to most. I only skip OP/ED if I really dislike them.
Sep 20, 2016 5:00 AM

Sep 2016
As I've watched more and more anime, I found myself appreciating the songs more, listening even to the ones I don't necessarily like. Another reason it just isn't worth skipping the opening when your loading times are long like myself. Maybe only when marathoning anime I'd skip only the ending if I'm not fond of it, exceptions being anime known to have something post ending song.
Sep 20, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2014
In general i never understood the need for a shitty OP in anime, usually it has several spoilers in it also...especially for the first episodes of a show, so i always skip the OP if it's a new show that i have just started watching.
Imo it's a 2long intro with for the most part bad music, so i tend to skip the OP nevertheless.
Sep 23, 2016 7:33 AM

Jun 2015
I kinda have to.
not that I always want to.like some, dont care for most though.
Sep 23, 2016 7:37 AM

Jun 2016
I only watched in a first episode. but gintama is another story, I like all the Op of gintama.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Oct 17, 2016 10:30 AM

Aug 2015
Hmm Sometimes... if the opening is good I can see it and enjoy it too.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you marry your favorite character if your government allowed this?

Shizuna - 42 minutes ago

4 by WaffleMaster89 »»
37 seconds ago

» How much anime do you watch till its considered alot?

adosimp - 1 hour ago

7 by Coaghim »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 26 minutes ago

5 by WaffleMaster89 »»
3 minutes ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - Yesterday

34 by Coaghim »»
10 minutes ago

» Do your irl friends watch anime?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

47 by CutieAnshin »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.