Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 2009
Don't know, haven't seen it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 10, 2015 12:47 PM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
worldeditor11 said:

Worst arc as I found myself constantly skipping through the episodes. Basically, poor pacing, sudden change in narrative and pointless explanations made me lost my patience on this show. It was unbearable.

I feel you. Rather than skipping, I switched to the manga. The arc after it is better (most people who disliked CA arc, liked it)

Not really sure why. Most of the actual Election was rendered pointless at the end and Alluka was pretty blatant DEM. The build up was decent but the ending felt like a huge troll.

As for the Ant arc I thought the stunning highs it had outstripped every other part of the series by a mile, so I can forgive a couple of it's lows (particularly the 1st few episodes and a few from the earlier stages of the Invasion that ought to have been sped up
Jul 10, 2015 12:52 PM

Apr 2011
Overrated

York New was wayyyyy better, mainly because there main characters are the focus.

also

Jul 10, 2015 12:56 PM

Mar 2012
Jonas_The_Jay said:
It was controversial and hard to handle for some people, exactly like a masterpiece should be.

But the problem is the 'controversy' had no good reasons whatsoever. Just people who didn't get the message.
End Zionazism
Jul 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2015
Best arc of HxH. I thought it was boring up until the King was introduced. After those episodes I was totally hooked into the arc.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 10, 2015 1:23 PM

Jun 2013
Poor execution but has a strong theme, best fights, epic boss, and of course, less Leorio. I put it above Yorknew because the high re-watch value.
Jul 10, 2015 1:31 PM
Sep 2014
I enjoyed the earlier episodes of H x H

I seemed to lose interest when the ants arc started
Jul 10, 2015 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Mikasa said:
Jonas_The_Jay said:
It was controversial and hard to handle for some people, exactly like a masterpiece should be.

But the problem is the 'controversy' had no good reasons whatsoever. Just people who didn't get the message.

Sometimes presentation just doesn't click with people, if that was the case with me then I wouldn't care about "the message". Why should I if the way it's delivered is a snore?
Jul 10, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
The greatest shonen arc in existence.
Jul 10, 2015 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
The arc was darker than necessary, but it ranks the third in my list
Jul 10, 2015 2:51 PM

Nov 2011
Moved
Jul 10, 2015 2:54 PM
Sep 2014
Valaskjalf said:
Overrated

York New was wayyyyy better, mainly because there main characters are the focus.

also

LMAO so true
Jul 10, 2015 2:57 PM

Jun 2015
Side Note: It's the Chimera Ant Arc
Read Toriko!
Jul 10, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
Very unique in the anime history, I came to enjoy it gradually, and boy that climax no one was waiting for it. Great characters, great development.
Jul 10, 2015 10:02 PM

Jan 2015
It was a great arc but it lost the "HXH's feeling" for me. I could say it wasn't Hunter X Hunter but it was great. So probably pro and contra for me. The Election Arc brought back the "HXH's feeling" to me again.

But to leave it a good comment: Meruem, Gon, Killua, Welfin, Youpi, Shoot, and to some extend Pitou had a great development
Jul 11, 2015 5:49 AM

Oct 2013
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1276295&show=200

I am in the 47%...

Also people have no idea what asspull is.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Jul 11, 2015 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
It's Togashi's very unique take on the quintessential "epic shonen battle arc". Each one of HxH's arcs are Togashi's attempt on a type of genre or popular conceit in fiction, and suitably, Chimera Ant is his love song to the "existential threat to humanity" story. I adore the parallel narrative going on between Gon and the King's story arcs; the King finding his humanity through love and Gon losing his through hatred and regret. I could go on forever about why it's my all-time favorite shonen story, but Mr. Creamer has already succinctly articulated it better than I could.

As for the polarization surrounding the arc, I can atleast understand people's misgivings over it, even though I disagree with the vast majority of complaints. Almost every said-complaint regarding "asspulls" or inconsistencies can be explained away through established conventions and details set throughout the series, so that leaves the style of storytelling; most infamously through its dense narration. Personally, I felt that this is one aspect the showrunners could have taken more creative liberty with, from an adaptive standpoint. An event as monumental as the palace invasion - in an audio-animated medium - should have the opportunity to trim and streamline the almost bookish nature of what's happening in the manga (which I frankly thought it worked, there). While I admit it peeved me at times, it was hardly enough to pull me out of it; I was simply too invested in the characters and stakes on both sides of the conflict to get too hung up on it. That is the probably the most important factor in determining how much you love or hate the CA arc - character and story investment. I grew to love or at least admire just about every character, primary and secondary, which made the narrative much more powerful in delivering its story and themes. Stories with the theme of "the nature of humanity" are always among my favorites, and this arc hit all of the marks for me. If none of the aforementioned is appealing to the watcher who made it this far, then it only makes the flaws (as few and forgivable, in my eyes) seem all the more glaring. To author's credit, it's unusual to find a person with a lukewarm or middling opinion on this arc; it's very much a "love-it or hate-it" affair - a sign of strong artistic endeavor that I admire.

I understand why some dislike or even hate it, but goddamn it's bliss to me.
Jul 11, 2015 1:16 PM

Feb 2013
NorthBayAnime said:
Valaskjalf said:
Overrated

also

LMAO so true

LMAO so not true
Jul 13, 2015 11:47 PM

Mar 2014
^ You tell 'em.

gedata said:

Not really sure why. Most of the actual Election was rendered pointless at the end and Alluka was pretty blatant DEM. The build up was decent but the ending felt like a huge troll.

As for the Ant arc I thought the stunning highs it had outstripped every other part of the series by a mile, so I can forgive a couple of it's lows (particularly the 1st few episodes and a few from the earlier stages of the Invasion that ought to have been sped up

Cause Hisoka & friends brought back "dat HxH feel". lmao

But in all seriousness, I see what they mean. I was actually really happy to see Hisoka & Illumi in the Election Arc's OP.

Anyway, as for the arc... still my favorite. Introduced amazing characters, great storyline, themes, message, pacing was good (although a bit dragged out at times).

Geez, why do people keep making these threads? X_X
jreginaldJul 13, 2015 11:55 PM
Jul 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
Currently in this arc, why am I looking in this thread?
Jul 15, 2015 7:05 PM
May 2015
It had some really awesome fights as well some great development from key characters in that arc. That said it did drag on and was boring at times.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

879 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 134 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

326 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

225 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeGundam - Oct 1, 2011

405 by prajwal- »»
Jun 13, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

920 by Montayus »»
Jun 13, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.